• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

WareJC #461 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12602 battles
  • [PINT]
Btw.. is that 3rd AD showing?

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

ErikBlack #462 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5944 battles
  • [3AD]

View PostWareJC, on 15 February 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yes as it started at the lowest level and went up from there, about every ten minutes. You had to follow your lines of thought ignore others. Main thing was it was live and fast paced. Good and bad points to it. Some days was troll soup but I met lots of good folks there despite. Same things could be said about times square to.also made for a good place to take break with other players. Often talked recent battles there since it was easy to dive into.

Sounds to me that you are admitting that GC was indeed insidery and arrogant, but in your opinion it was worth it to you in that it had good points you liked that outweighed the bad. Some things that can't be said about times square vs GC is that WG is wholly unresponsible for things that happen in times square.

pastore123 #463 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 19507 battles
  • [LXE]

View PostErikBlack, on 15 February 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Sounds to me that you are admitting that GC was indeed insidery and arrogant, but in your opinion it was worth it to you in that it had good points you liked that outweighed the bad. Some things that can't be said about times square vs GC is that WG is wholly unresponsible for things that happen in times square.

Even the forums get nasty. Look at what has happened as of lately. The thing is that I spend more time on general chat than I do on the forums... Or I should say that I used to spend more time on General Chat. I honestly didn't mind the trolls, the spammers and whoever else. There were good people there as well. 

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

ErikBlack #464 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5944 battles
  • [3AD]

View Postpastore123, on 15 February 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

Even the forums get nasty. Look at what has happened as of lately. The thing is that I spend more time on general chat than I do on the forums... Or I should say that I used to spend more time on General Chat. I honestly didn't mind the trolls, the spammers and whoever else. There were good people there as well. 

The person I was replying to differentiated between the forums and GC in that the forums get nasty, he later went on to agree that yes GC gets nasty too.  The latest nastiness doesn't even compare to things that were going on when the scandal which we are not allowed to talk about broke.  And when they banned he who cannot be spoken.

tankboss41 #465 Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23943 battles
  • [MFW]
Gen chat was ten times the action and fun then forums ever will be or can be! I sure hope one day they will bring it back then everything goes back the way it was and should be!

Si vis pacem para bellum

ErikBlack #466 Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5944 battles
  • [3AD]

View Posttankboss41, on 15 February 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Gen chat was ten times the action and fun then forums ever will be or can be! I sure hope one day they will bring it back then everything goes back the way it was and should be!

They shut it down because of the way it was, you think they will allow it to be as it was again?

pastore123 #467 Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 19507 battles
  • [LXE]

View PostErikBlack, on 15 February 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

The person I was replying to differentiated between the forums and GC in that the forums get nasty, he later went on to agree that yes GC gets nasty too.  The latest nastiness doesn't even compare to things that were going on when the scandal which we are not allowed to talk about broke.  And when they banned he who cannot be spoken.

sounds good

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

Dado_1968 #468 Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23774 battles
  • [MOMS]

I have been trying to think of something nice to say about GC.  One thing is that it was a nice place to rest or kill time while waiting on a platoon mate.  Was it constructive? Not often. Did it incite unrest? Usually.  Did you get kicked out of the game for visiting it? Never.  Was it entertaining? Occasionally.

In any pile of garbage there may be a few recyclables.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Ram101_1 #469 Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11874 battles
  • [-R2D2]
I am tired of it. Today as a player "killed " the last tank his comment was "F****** American.  I think some players are not aware that this is a game? I also have seen players mock myself and other players. Very sad

WareJC #470 Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12602 battles
  • [PINT]
Ram wrong thread unless it was ment as a backwards nod to GC...lol.
"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

Jamaican_Warrior #471 Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14424 battles
  • [ROTI]
Well it's about time. All they ever did was discuss politics, racism, profanity, disrespect each other etc.. Some of them only on WOT to sit on general chat all day and rant about nothing but foolishness and when you check their status, it's either their personal rating is 800 or 500 and the worst part about it is that, they have been playing from 2013-16.

WareJC #472 Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12602 battles
  • [PINT]
So why did you go then? This basic question never seems to get direct reply. If you do not like the bar leave, honestly you would not been missed.

ErikBlack #473 Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5944 battles
  • [3AD]

View PostWareJC, on 17 February 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

So why did you go then? This basic question never seems to get direct reply. If you do not like the bar leave, honestly you would not been missed.

Many people went to chat about Blitz and seeing how futile that was stopped going.

ThatGuyAgain15 #474 Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostWareJC, on 17 February 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

A direct reply then.  Most importantly, this is not intended to create rectal discomfort for anyone, offend proponents for GC, nor create a flame war.  It is sent in the spirit to answer a valid question from my perspective only.  Honestly, I can't understand why WG has allowed this thread's existence to the level it currently is.  It is their product (GC), they can do with it as they wish; whether we agree with that decision or not. 

I heard it (GC) described as a slime pit and place for general douchebaggery; a place for trolls, people that like to spam profanity, racist and religious remarks (something I refer to as the jihadist mating call, and sounds a great deal like "Aloha Snackbar" ), as well as an alleged dating site.  

So I went to see for myself, and just as it was as described to me, the levels of what is mentioned in the statement above, was evident in abundance.  WareJC, I will agree with your assessment of the bar analogy, "if you don't like it leave", and I did that.  I did not launch a crusade of threads against it, or send a trouble ticket to WG demanding action.  I determined that it wasn't for me, and stayed out of it.

If there is show, commercial, song or something on the TV or radio that offends me, I turn the channel or mute it.  I do not demand the removal of the offending item.  In the case of GC, I do believe removal was the correct course of action though.  WG evidently had enough complaints, and had compiled enough artifacts and evidence (trouble tickets / Mods reports, etc.) of the levels of infractions and toxicity to warrant the removal of that portion of their platform.

The thing that baffles me, and I guess it shouldn't is the response to the removal.  WG's decision to alter their product and remove what has best been described as a haven for undesirable conduct, content and players, has created second and third order effects that are quite humorous on one hand and sad on the other.  

It generated this thread which has some parts (comments, threats, etc. that require moderation) that are a direct reflection and justifies the bad reputation of the habitual residents of GC that were a direct cause of the removal.  It spawned multiple spam threads referring to a frozen treat by alleged former GC members, in an attempt to justify why they need GC (to keep them off of the Forums).  Most importantly, in my opinion is the threats of continued misbehavior until their demands are met (the reinstatement of GC).  The last time I checked, most people do not reward misbehavior, it is counterproductive.

Edited by ThatGuyAgain15, 18 February 2016 - 02:05 PM.

WareJC #475 Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12602 battles
  • [PINT]
Fair enough on both of the last posts. The rude and crude were not to my taste either on GC so I just ignored it for the most part. Some good humor did come out, surprisingly often. I understand it is WOT product however like any business you had better keep the paying customers happy. I think what was lost was the one area of live interplay from Blitz, with a 7 min game no time for interaction exist unless you brew up early on. Where PC allows room (in game) for some back and forth. One last area for consideration: Why not parental lockouts or easy on off button? Maybe one touch blocking of trolls? May make it a gold pay area? Anyway thanks for the replys and see you in battlr. I like forums they have many good uses but dynamic interaction is not one.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users