Face hugging shots miss?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_ENO_ #1 Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Unfortunately I can't capture a screen of this happening since usually I'm flailing and can't screenshot and shoot at the same time. I'm putting it out here since I got some similar feedback from another Triarii members last night while we were on TS3. 

The IS7 is known for getting in your face- but when I'm there, in sniper mode, aiming at a weak spot roughly half the time my shot just disappears. It's not a bounce... since you can't see any hit or ricochet (confirmed by my platoon mate on TS3)... it's not a hit since there is no damage. 

My understanding is that the bullet doesn't leave the end of the gun barrel- and that the gun barrel is just an "accent" that is non-collidable. The bullet leaves the turret at the gun mantlet- so the barrel showing through the other end of the tank (not really the issue when you're face to face) shouldn't be a problem. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this? I'm not sure if it was like this in 1.1 since I didn't get into an IS7 until 1.2... but it's frustrating that it's the ONLY thing this tank does well and yet half the shots disappear. 

Thanks for any insights!

The_Gister #2 Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10051 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I noticed this also when face hugging in my IS-7.

I hope Wargaming fixes it in the next patch. It really stinks when you are face hugging something and your shots don't hit...

I don't know any explanation to this but again, I hope they fix it!

Just Wait until Clan Wars come out...

Augustus_Sohn #3 Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13307 battles
  • [III-H]

This is part of the game that always makes me laugh. When you're ramming someone, or face-hugging, and while your barrel is not damaged at all from such a tactic (!!!) and your barrel is sticking through the other tank, and out the other side of it -you can still somehow shoot them!!!

Now, I understand that if they were to take the barrel into account a lot of gameplay would be messed up, but maybe they could take the barrel seriously when it comes to face to face/CQ combat.

I have been in the same situation as you describe and had the same results. But i just shake my head and laugh at the physics of the whole situation. Of all the things in the game (flying tanks being the exception) it is the most ludicrous.

_ENO_ #4 Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles
This issue continues. Any insights from people who know?

GenericMIKE #5 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 24550 battles
  • [COFFY]

I know what the problem is, your face hugging and you aim for the weakpoints and your shot goes into a "hit-no dmg box"

Sometimes that weakpoint your aiming for is actually not a wekapoint at all. There are still problems with the redpaint on tanks.

I always face hug with my American Heavy tanks and I've experience that many times. You see a cloud of smoke from your shot but you don't see a tracer, because the shot went in and went thru that box.

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

CobraKai000 #6 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Players
  • 31292 battles
  • [CKAI]

I've experienced my shots vanishing.  I don't hear ricochet or bouced off just disappears.

cant get an answer from support they just refer me to general info I already know or say go to the forum. 

Hopefully the developers read the forum 

_ENO_ #7 Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

View PostGenericMIKE, on 06 September 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

I know what the problem is, your face hugging and you aim for the weakpoints and your shot goes into a "hit-no dmg box"

Sometimes that weakpoint your aiming for is actually not a wekapoint at all. There are still problems with the redpaint on tanks.

I always face hug with my American Heavy tanks and I've experience that many times. You see a cloud of smoke from your shot but you don't see a tracer, because the shot went in and went thru that box.

That is an interesting point actually... I started aiming down a bit more into the hull and in spite of there being thicker armour I do tend to register hits more reliably. 

When I say weak point... I should mention that this is a combination of red overlay as well as some tank study- so when I'm aiming there's a decent reference with solid potential of a good hit. With that said, most of the tank study has been done on analyzers from WOT PC... so this adds even more legitimacy to what you're talking about. 

Thanks GenMike.

I'll add that what is HIGHLY annoying about this in particular with the IS7 is the tank is 250 HP lower than the PC version and only does one thing really well... and that's to get into people's faces and lay waste to them. It isn't particularly fast- is VERY slow in soft terrain... relatively low HP for a heavy T10... not a particularly accurate gun that takes a calendar month to wind in... So when you finally get all that working for you to get in someones face and beat them to death every hit is going to need to count. 

Edited by ENO75, 06 September 2014 - 06:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users