Matchmaking in 2.6

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

vtforgiven #301 Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11399 battles
  • [802VT]
I will never purchase another premium tank until this is resolved. WG used premium MM as a selling point for type 59 and then changed immediately after. I have no problem with this in regular tanks. Keeps it fresh. However, I still feel extremely ripped off by WG since my type 59 is in IX matches more than anything. Seriously. Do something about this. Please. I am a very active player and supporter of this game.

Maplexi #302 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

152 Shades of Boom

• Players
  • 30061 battles
  • [III-C]
interesting that although mm is a +1/-1 format, when Platooned in tier 5 (Leopard/Anko) we ended up facing off against tier 7's.  There were no tier 5's on the red side either.  Not a fail-toon, so wondering what's happening here.  Anyone else experiencing anomalies like this?

Sig

PikaPilot #303 Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9899 battles

View PostSquinto, on 10 February 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

In other words you like frontal armor to be pointless. I've taken down so many tanks two tiers apart through knowledge and application, not just shooting at the front. Circle and surround. Works better than you think. 

So, mediums are versatile. We all know that already. What is a bottom tier heavy tank or tank destroyer supposed to do? They don't have the speed/turret to circle almost anything!

pikapilot_eng.png

komikaze6 #304 Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8845 battles
  • [MSAF]
The matchmaking wouldn't be so bad +2/-2 if the matches were more fairly selected. I can not keep carrying zeros on my team and keep wanting to play this game. Everyone has to do their part. Especially if there's a tier 7 and you are in a tier 5. Go around or surround. Easily done if there's active shooters doing what each knows how. Otherwise you got the noobs bouncing shots of the front or shooting straight up in the air cuz they're not level and you dying because you tried to go around. Or worst case scenario, you bumb into 3 tank killers and they eat you alive while the rest of the team is going left or right depending on which idiot believes he's in charge. Or you got all the light tanks lined up trying to snipe and you're forced to go spot in your slow as Vk. . .

Pistolcc #305 Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30866 battles
  • [MM50]

Err this is misleading. MAtchmaking has been changed in update 2.6 but +/-1 has remained. 

I am now consistently teamed with 6 players with win rate under 50% which means most games it is me vs 6 or even seven players. 

This is not fun. I worked hard to get a good win rate and it is now being eroded by a crappy experiment into having win rates accounted for in MM. 

If this complaint is not fixed I will soon find another way to waste my time. I was just about to buy gold with $$$ too. Not until the game is stable again. Thanks CC Sly. I know you ae the middle man but please feed back this complaint. 

komikaze6 #306 Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8845 battles
  • [MSAF]
I'm so tired of shooting a leopard with apcr. Only to drag it down to single digit hit points and it kills me instead with its overpowered gun. If this problem isn't fixed I'm done playing. I can't stand getting killed by a leopard when I have 300 hp left. Any other tank would take three shots w reload time. Leopards take two reloads and you're dead with 700 hp. Ur still dead. No one else shot u just the leopard. I've never seen such an invincible tank. I've shot it w heat and it bounced off its side. Like wthwar gaming. Don't you know medium tanks aren't tank killers? Every update this game just gets worse and worse. Like no one ever told them not to fix stuff that ain't broke. . .u could give me premium time and gold but unless u fix the leopard problem I'll still delete this overrated [edited].

komikaze6 #307 Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8845 battles
  • [MSAF]

View PostPistolcc, on 12 February 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Err this is misleading. MAtchmaking has been changed in update 2.6 but +/-1 has remained. 

I am now consistently teamed with 6 players with win rate under 50% which means most games it is me vs 6 or even seven players. 

This is not fun. I worked hard to get a good win rate and it is now being eroded by a crappy experiment into having win rates accounted for in MM. 

If this complaint is not fixed I will soon find another way to waste my time. I was just about to buy gold with $$$ too. Not until the game is stable again. Thanks CC Sly. I know you ae the middle man but please feed back this complaint. 

thanks for nothing war gaming. A couple of girls cry about something and you fix it despite the fact that it had nothing wrong w it. How dumb is that? Thanks for taking all the fun out of what use to be a cool game. . .now it's just an app.

Lephturn #308 Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostPistolcc, on 12 February 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

You are wrong. MM does not take win rate into account.  The experiment is having +1/-1 and that is the only experiment they are running.

you are simply having a bad run of luck.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

DragonBusters #309 Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10034 battles
  • [ALLY]

I see some people didn't like the +1/-1 spread and I wonder why? I like it because it allows me to not feel highly insignificant when I'm tier 8 and repeatedly thrown into tier10 matches where there are usually less other tier 8s on my team and more on theirs. I don't want to just let my tier 8 and under tanks collect dust because matchmaking like to bottom tier me 6/10 times. Especially when I just bought the tank and havent gotten any upgrades on it yet.

WareJC #310 Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11915 battles
  • [PINT]
I like the challenge og t8 mixing it up with t9 and t10s. Come on admit it, it is fun to stick a knife in a IS7 when they are not looking..hmmm could be my TD side showing...lol
"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

Squinto #311 Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16906 battles
  • [OKRA]

View PostMastersword234, on 12 February 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

So, mediums are versatile. We all know that already. What is a bottom tier heavy tank or tank destroyer supposed to do? They don't have the speed/turret to circle almost anything!

I understand tier 5/6 are hard for heavies and TDs but Tier 7/8 are more than capable to take on tanks two tiers above them. Sometimes it requires you to move decidedly at the beginning and get into position. Or support other tanks. When bottom tier you are not the leader but a supporter. The idea of supporting is what some don't like about being bottom tier. 

WG is Struggling to Stay afloat. 

This could be the LAST UPDATE!

Littledoodle #312 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:15 AM

Private

• Players
  • 728 battles
  • [NRU]

View PostMRKKW, on 05 February 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

I guess they didn't want the German light tanks to be ridiculously overpowered.

As they are now...the Lynx or "Lucy's" was a very rare tank ,only a couple hundred were built...they should be premium or not in at all....

tankboss41 #313 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23693 battles
  • [MFW]
Thats stupid bringing back the old mm, i was always out tiered by two in almost every battle, i felt like i was being nerfed. They should keep the new mm that way people wont complain about the mm when they are always two tiers lower in every battle.

Si vis pacem para bellum

BorisBaddenov #314 Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17205 battles
  • [ST2RM]

When I first started playing the MM was +/-2.  It totally sucked for me to be in a T6 and face 8's.  It did not make me a better tanker, it made me want to hurry and get this unfair match over with so that I could try another game.  The +2/-2 MM did not make me stay in lower tiers to practice, it made me try and grind through to higher tiers so that I could feel like I could actually contribute to my team.

Then the +1/-1 MM came out - and I felt like I hand a chance.  Even now tho, when I see that I'm low tier, I know I'm in for a much harder game.  Harder games are not more fun, they are just harder.  I'd love to see only same-tier battles.  

I hope we stick with the +1/-1 MM.  To me it seems the most fair to everyone playing.  Nobody ever has to face a tank two tiers above you, and the higher tiers dont have as many squishy targets, making that game play a bit more even.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

commander__nope #315 Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4054 battles
  • [808S]

View PostWGPorscheSpyder, on 05 February 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

I for one will miss the +/- 1 mm. I felt that it made higher tier games require a little more skill rather than smushing the tanks that were two tiers lower. And I enjoyed not being crushed when driving certain lower tier tanks. Hopefully the data that was collected will provide with a better experience in the future. 

I like smushing the tanks that are two tiers higher because they're stupid. I've seen a VK 45.02 ausf. A run from my T-34-85 and getting killed by me. #somethingsnotquiteright

BobaFett_56 #316 Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 36697 battles
  • [ANIME]
I am not sure what some Premium tank drivers are complaining about since they still make many times the normal amount of credits and the -1/+1 is extremely helpful in this game to all tanks including the premium tanks, which in my opinion is a good thing especially when some premium tanks did not use ti get the preferential matching. Let the those that complain about this be MM face a team full of noobs on their own team then decide. You at least have better chances of at least maybe not taking such a bad loss with the new MM.

mjpe #317 Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15219 battles
  • [BR1E]

View Postacrisis, on 05 February 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Thank you. 

As someone who has been low tier 75-80% of the time, for the better part of a whole year, 1MM was refreshing and lot less stressful. Even if it did not raise my WR (due to more and more newbies on - wg really needs to work on education and balancing teams) I will look forward to the return of 1MM in 2.7 ;) 

I agree completely...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users