iPad Pro

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

PA60Pilot #1 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]
Why can't we get the aiming issue fixed for the iPad Pro?  This is the third Blitz update since the release of the iPad Pro, and the third time War Gaming has failed to deliver a compatible product.

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

acrisis #2 Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

I noticed that missing from the notes too.

This incompatibility is getting beyond frustrating and sad.

It shouldn't take three versions to update the layout for a larger screen.

:confused:

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

404_player_not_found #3 Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55858 battles
  • [III-C]

It all depends how WG developers have coded Blitz in the first place. Remember, Blitz is based on one of the available (gaming) engines on the market. The issue comes with device resolution. IMO, when coded initially, WG took faster to deliver approach where they coded game for several devices / screen resolutions but have not considered significantly larger device like iPadPro. Consider it like "half hard coded" development. 

In order to fix it and provide good playing experience on iPadPro , they should do some major redevelopment. My opinion is that such work has been happening in the background. It is not an easy task . 

acrisis #4 Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

I know the game isn't native, where with a few lines of code it can be solved and is going to require additional handy work, but we're at three months now. That's a huge amount of time to add in an extra resolution and layout. It isn't like it is starting from scratch. They already have the phone, small tablet and regular tablet basis

Good point that they may be doing additional work behind the scenes, to minimize future delays. 

Or they're waiting on (?)  to catch up first with their dev environment, and only then will the game get updated? 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Three60Mafia #5 Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]
Is this the camera control issue? 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

404_player_not_found #6 Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55858 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 10 February 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

I know the game isn't native, where with a few lines of code it can be solved and is going to require additional handy work, but we're at three months now. That's a huge amount of time to add in an extra resolution and layout. It isn't like it is starting from scratch. They already have the phone, small tablet and regular tablet basis

Good point that they may be doing additional work behind the scenes, to minimize future delays. 

Or they're waiting on (?)  to catch up first with their dev environment, and only then will the game get updated? 

It is not like easy fix. If you have ever coded you would know :-)

The issue is not in fixing the resolution. IMO it is related to wireframe or whatever they are referring to. New resolution/dimensions change many other attributes of the code ... and maybe the engine core is not geared up for that resolution. 

That explains fps drop rate and camera control issue.

Edited by blento_2014, 10 February 2016 - 03:04 PM.

Gasho3 #7 Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32304 battles
  • [RAIDR]
What pisses me off is the silence, I've asked numerous times in different threads for an official acknowledgment, or time table for a fix.  Up until now no official response, which if you've spent a good amount of money on this game is extremely frustrating.

acrisis #8 Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

I know first hand that nothing is easy when it comes to coding and debugging anything :) 

However, adding a larger viewport, adjusting window sizes and frames, laying out controls should be pretty easy. Even if hard coded for a new family of devices at a certain resolution. Unless their stuff really is not optimized for anything and whoever did the prior legwork no longer works for them. 

You likely touched on the issue tough, of running into some issues with the game engine and memory management and perhaps performance, battery life, etc.  

That, combined with the fact that they're not running Apple's "off the shelf" Core-Anything. 

Maybe they are looking at how to blitz, let's just say "4k compatible" for both iOS and Android (screen are getting higher resolutions) and WG is between a rock and hard place to deliver what customers need now + what WG wants to deliver and what the gamekit can manage.

Completely agree that there should be a bit more news from WG as to what is going on with the news family of iOS devices and what they're running into, instead of just "soon".  

BE  (+)   

Three60Mafia #9 Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]
It probably has to do with ridiculous screen size. 

It sucks that the game doesn't work on your $1500 tablet... but at the same time, you bought a 12 inch "tablet" lol 

Next step from oversized tablet is an undersized laptop!

Flyz_it_Dies_XD #10 Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17933 battles
  • [ACTIV]
Maybe War Thunder will be nice and make their game work on the iPad Pro. iPad Pro might be able to handle it with that new AX9 chip. No one would play world of tanks if War Thunder went mobile.

SU-152 is love SU-152 is life

Hardcore Conservative 

If you get in my way I will find a way to get you killed don't try me

Favorite Tanks: SU-152 ; T-62a; Matilda; Chi-Ri; T-34-85; T-95; Kuro Mori Mine

Three60Mafia #11 Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostPancakePanzer1945, on 10 February 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

Maybe War Thunder will be nice and make their game work on the iPad Pro. iPad Pro might be able to handle it with that new AX9 chip. No one would play world of tanks if War Thunder went mobile.

Considering no one plays War Thunder, I highly doubt this. 

Sprocketkoft #12 Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23720 battles

Gave up on pro, now back on air 2....  Agree that three months is too long, and the complete silence from WG is troubling.  Seems they are spending more effort on trying to gain new customers on Win X, than keeping the old iOS customers happy....

Poop_of_DEATH #13 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

The Jalapeño was too spicy

• Players
  • 28640 battles
  • [COD]
Yes, camera still unresponsive on iPad pro. Vary sad.

Sprocketkoft #14 Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:36 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23720 battles

In release notes to be fixed in 2.7!  Holding my breath.....

Also tagged with iPad Pro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users