Re-worked Middleburg map...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Big_Jerk_McGerk #1 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6740 battles

Does anyone else hate what they did to that map as much as me?  I absolutely detest it.

If you don't travel as a group of 7 you will lose here guaranteed.  No flanking, no skill, just head to head shooting. Who do they ask before doing this?  Is it a group of 4 people and their opinions?

Silevern #2 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17611 battles
But it looks pretty

acrisis #3 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Most maps have become wolf packs wins. If you flank with one or two guys it can be certain death, and then it is 5 vs 7. Sniping opportunities for TDs that need to snipe shrink with every update.

Wolfpack brawl. The only way. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Big_Jerk_McGerk #4 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6740 battles

They are quickly ruining this game.  Just put us on an open Plain and have us shoot each other if that's what they want.

No skill no strategy just brawling. Snipers are a necessity in war. Every war in history has had them for a reason.

So pissed off at this game right now

Kiser_Sosei #5 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 30884 battles
  • [III-R]
I am not crazy about it. Make it either all town or all rolling hills. As it stands you better fight in the hills or get sniped from high ground.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Zip_Zip #6 Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42173 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Too soon to tell....

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

christian1470 #7 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37973 battles
  • [III-H]
Not a fan. Still all hill. Flattest surface I've ever seen in town, the one time our team went that way. Cap seems utterly useless. Map feels very small. Like fighting in a two room cabin. 

limjonag #8 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

will grind for credits... and bacon.

• Players
  • 15261 battles
  • [MBTS]

I'm not sure I am a fan of the new Middleburg map.  

The big hill on old Middleburg was a key strategic point and had more interesting battles than this flat one.    

The town still seems like a death trap where you get shot from all directions, kind of like the port on Port Bay.

So, it's still "all hill" but less interesting.

Edited by limjonag, 10 February 2016 - 11:42 PM.

LE_gend_VI #9 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20814 battles
  • [NIPS]

The hill area is great if you like using terrain. More room to move around. I like it.

_CH3F #10 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 56391 battles
  • [L0VED]
I kinda like it. Seems like wolfpack def the way to go. Town is cool with lots o flanking opportunities and the hills are fun, my comet likes. 

flamingsword1 #11 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10729 battles

WG. You're killing my sniping, and the maps are feeling more and more generic

Edited by flamingsword1, 10 February 2016 - 11:45 PM.

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 

reluctanttheist #12 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24415 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBig_Jerk_McGerk, on 10 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Does anyone else hate what they did to that map as much as me?  I absolutely detest it.

If you don't travel as a group of 7 you will lose here guaranteed.  No flanking, no skill, just head to head shooting. Who do they ask before doing this?  Is it a group of 4 people and their opinions?

This is really the case on almost any map.  One advantage of this map is that lines of sight on the hill are blocked by buildings and terrain, so it's not a clear area.  This allows for short flank opportunities.  The new map is slightly better than the old one for hull down tactics, so I don't mind it.  However, I like maps where there is more than one area of battle - on Castilla you can have three, and old Middleburg you could have a town battle and a hill battle, but the meta has been to go hills because hills wins in most cases - just because the geometry of incoming shells favours tanks that are at higher elevations, and getting downhill if necessary is easier than going up.  The devs have been flattening the maps because of a bug in the gaming engine that causes aiming woes at higher elevations, and the fix is not in the short term apparently.

The devs are trying to avoid "tank fists" - the one-group meta - but I for one am working against the devs there because we know that a one-group initial approach (regardless of the map) is likely to succeed!  So I'm getting the greens to form up before we move out.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

L1LBunnyFooFoo_ #13 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

• Players
  • 22867 battles
  • [HUNT_]
I've seen the map about 10 times so far and haven't gone to the town once...

clever_pseudonym #14 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles

Meh, more of the same. Split the map exactly in half, hills/dunes on one side, completely indefensible sidescraping positions off of buildings on the other. It's pretty, but behaves exactly the same way as the last few reworks and new maps. The upside is that we already know what the reworked Winter M will look like.

Having said that, I managed to pick up two raisins on Middleburg today when my team when to town and I killed everyone from the high ground. So maybe it's not all bad.

N.B. WG, you're freely experimenting with MM, why not give someone else a shot at developing a new map?

buckeyeinpitt #15 Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32267 battles

It's always been "wolfpack wins'.  Ever since, well, a looooooong time ago.  flanking is a waste.  Camping is a waste. Fight as a pack vs a team that is split and 9 out of 10 times you will decimate them.  Probably more like 9.8 times out of 10.

Anything that would get rid of camping I am all for. The smaller the maps the better in regards to this. 

About a day ago I played a game where all six of my teammates sat at spawn camping.  I mean, like no movement hardly at all.  We actually won because they were so bad that they didn't move and fought as a pack at the spawn picking off the enemy one by one.  Comically awful I thought at the time. 

I hate Canada. I hate the color purple. 

christian1470 #16 Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37973 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 10 February 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

The hill area is great if you like using terrain. More room to move around. I like it.

all fine and good, but the new desert sands is the same, and in my opinion, better, because it is larger and affords more options. Taking away sniper locations also hurts middleburg, because it was one of the few maps left that had them. 

Blitzz_K_Qc #17 Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18999 battles
  • [1DBQC]

Look good but Why not just HAVE change the color of the sky on the first middleburg map.... Or call themes middleburg 2 and add the first middleburg too

every map reworked = less strategy for the real wargame fan

Clan [1DBQC] La 1re Division Blindée 

Faber711 #18 Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:13 AM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 15296 battles
  • [SVJG]
It's too god damn bright(the lightings)
I'm just really tired right now, but I can't stop going forward right now.I have to keep moving forward to be better at things even if i'm tired of being look down upon.

christian1470 #19 Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37973 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 10 February 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

It's always been "wolfpack wins'.  Ever since, well, a looooooong time ago.  flanking is a waste.  Camping is a waste. Fight as a pack vs a team that is split and 9 out of 10 times you will decimate them.  Probably more like 9.8 times out of 10.

Anything that would get rid of camping I am all for. The smaller the maps the better in regards to this. 

About a day ago I played a game where all six of my teammates sat at spawn camping.  I mean, like no movement hardly at all.  We actually won because they were so bad that they didn't move and fought as a pack at the spawn picking off the enemy one by one.  Comically awful I thought at the time. 

This was not true, the old oasis palms demanded a flank, and copperfield still does, because you will have your asset handed to you by snipers, if you don't. The old desert sands was one of the first maps to fully go over to the "all desert" tank fist meta. They changed the map, but the tactics didn't. 

All one way will change, eventually. I'm already taking advantage of the current state of affairs with long solo stealth flanks in fast tanks on canal, goldville and winter Mal. This will catch on, and the opposing flank meta will return. 

FlammeumDraco333 #20 Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]
I'm actually loving the town on the new Middleburg with my sidescraping heavies. Lots and lots of sidescraping opportunities on the buildings with outcrops. The T-150 is borderline game-breakingly OP on this new map. I find that when your heavies go town and the entire enemy team goes town, if your heavies can hold the line long enough for your mediums and lights to flank, you can simply decimate the enemy team from two fronts. Unfortunately, that requires your heavies to be moderately competent, and for your mediums and lights to not camp in the hills.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users