Unicum super Unicum

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_Blento_ #1 Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57425 battles
  • [III-C]

For all those seeking the path to get into Unicum or Super Unicum status, the best recommendation from one of the great players in Blitz can be found here http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/43142-need-a-generous-unicums-or-any-60ers-advice/page__fromsearch__1 He is spot on in everything he said. Follow his recommendations and you will greatly improve your stats.

My post is not to dive deeper in that topic coz I have nothing smarter to say, rather tell you few other things that have not been said there and WILL make you better player:

• Always AIM!!! if you do not aim you will either miss or will not make damage you should have.
  • By default, your aiming is set to “auto aim”. If you see the red tank in front of you and  he continuously moves left <=> right, he is messing with your aiming and you will almost always miss your shot. The chances are you are having unicum or superunicum player in front of you. If you can pull back, than pull back, if not, disconnect auto aim. I changed aiming mode to “aiming with button” e.g. I can control on/off mode for auto aiming.
  • Similarly, if you were spotting a red tank and he disappeared, he probably made a shot, pulled back just enough to conceal himself and is in process of reloading his gun. Once reloaded, his cammo will be reseted and you will have hard time to spot him unless in front of him. If he does that, he is 60%+ player. Pay attention to that tanker. 
  • Enable mini-map in your screen and look at the map between the shots (while loading). Get used to that approach unless you are able to see the position for all 7 reds.
  • Do not leave player names on the screen since you can’t see mini-map in that mode.  
  • If you see the folks on your team asking everyone to go (something like this) “<<<<<< left” or “>>>>>>right” or come multiple times with "left" or "right" instructions or any variations of those , most likely those are unicum or S. unicum guys. Get over your pride and follow them. You will get a free lessons what to do and what not. Since Blitz still has not come up with identification of U and SU players, that is typically a good way to recognize who to follow.
  • You have MUCH better chances of winning if you all roll as one group. Splitting team leads in lost game (most of the times)
  • Learn to read the team structure of red team. Do not always mechanically go to the high grounds (it works almost 99% of time). If red has all heavies, flanking is better than any hill (IMO). Port sucks unless you are all meds and mobile. 
  • If you are tier 5, do not stand in front of KV2 with derp gun like Jesus on the cross. Move away from his sight since KV2 can rock you in one shot. Same applies to many tier 6 meds.
  • If you ARE KV2, just load HE, you really do not need any other ammo. AIM!!! Select the dark spot and hit.
  • Unicum and SUnicum players lose as well – 20-30% of their games. Do not brag about kicking their a$$ since you will be rekt next games. They typically belong to some clans and they have mouth and they speak. Your name will be on their black list and you will be targeted asap. And believe me that works !!!! No need to kiss their a$$ - just do not brag in the game and after the game. Have that as one of your personal record and maybe set some targets e.g. to kill several u and su players for that week. You would be surprised to see that if you kill the same u or su player, they will recognize you as well and even toon with you
  • Many players here are in their 30-60’s. If you happen to be teenager or early 20’s, please do know that all of those older folks can teach you how to b1tch . That b1thcing comes with the age – nothing to do with this game. You will loose !!!! in b1tching contest. Don't believe - just ask Rambo_2016. :-)))) 
  • Do not complain about HEAT/APCR – it is a legal ammo and there are folks using it on regular basis. While carrying roughly 40:40:20 (AP:HEAT:HE), I switch to gold ammo upon the game start as long as I am the lowest tier in the game. Rarely I have luxury of switching the ammo back to AP or HEAT. I just forget unless I see the rear of the tank. 
  • If you play a tank and your win rate is not good or you are not satisfied with it (assuming your crew is on 80% or more), first thing you need to do is to change the equipment. See what works best for you. There is no single equipment combo that works the best for all tanks. IMO, I find that running cammo net, enhanced scope (either one of them) and wet rack are the best combo for all light tanks tier 5 and up (T62 or new German line). While it works for me, you have to see whether it works for you.
  • If you decide to play new tank, almost never play that tank as a stock tank unless you already know how to play. Upgrade that tank asap and than start playing. Unless premium tank, almost all stock tank suck …
  • When and if you decide to play one specific tank, before you hit any game in that tank, go to the armor inspector app (free app) and see where should you hit red tanks with what gun. You would be surprised that you could kill “upper” tanks with AP and that any tank has a weak spot
  • Use 360 degree scroll bar options in settings to see who is behind you (if you can't read mini map). Do not turn your turret back and when you get to front line you get your rear turret exposed.
  • Find, concept, bushka, dez, etc. videos on youtube how to play. Those videos will teach you something, if not, go and play candy crush

Blento

Edited by blento_2014, 11 February 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Sorimka #2 Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19606 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postblento_2014, on 11 February 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

• If you see the folks on your team asking everyone to go (something like this) “<<<<<< left” or “>>>>>>right” or come multiple times with "left" or "right" instructions or any variations of those , most likely those are unicum or S. unicum guys. Get over your pride and follow them. You will get a free lessons what to do and what not. Since Blitz still has not come up with identification of U and SU players, that is typically a good way to recognize who to follow.

This, 100 times.  As someone who uses directional signs "<" or ">" to denote direction, that is great advice.  I'm *always* calling directions at the beginning of the game, and it really, really helps when people listen.

ABN_Bearcat #3 Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40989 battles
  • [WEAK]
Great post, Blento. Thanks for  sharing, because even us U and SU players needed to be reminded sometimes. :)

Three60Mafia #4 Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [FLOOP]

You need to be aware of Victory Conditions for your team aka what needs to happen in order for your team to win. Those are the Victory Conditions (VC). 

If your team's VC is simply this - hope you have a Unicum and he/she can carry the game by themselves. That presents a bunch of obstacles and puts a lot of pressure on Unicum to carry.

Other VC's can be: 

1. Identify good players and ensure they have a solid performance

2. Never Split Up, follow the same direction, even if it is non-meta. 
3. Focus down targets. 

4. Threat prioritization - Tier 9 medium is more important than IS-3 in a Tier 9 match.
5. Team Assistance - Keep your key tanks alive longer by preventing them from being circled or solo'd out. 

As a good player, you need to know your team and enemy team, as well as the map = MACRO-game. You also need to know your MICRO-game - individual tank characteristics of your own tank, as well as the map's terrain. You need to decide what YOUR value in this team is. Are you the DAMAGE? Are you spotting? Are you ARMOR? Find your role and excel at it. 

If you try to fill gaps in your team's MACRO game - you will most likely fail. You need to find advantages that your team has, whether that is DAMAGE, SPEED or ARMOR - and capitalize/enhance those advantages to overcome the enemy team's own MACRO-game.

I don't always analyze every game with such fervor. You simply don't have mental capacity to do so every time. But if you go back and think about the game, where you succeeded or failed, whether or not you fulfilled your team's VC's, whether or not you enhanced the team... or if you just relied on the single VC of carrying the team... you can find a lot of learning moments. 

Looking at own videos, I see my own mistakes where simply thinking a bit more about situation, not rushing and seeing where I am needed most was crucial. 

Or sometimes simply seeing a good decision at the time that paid off, whether or not you have thought about it that much at the time. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 11 February 2016 - 04:42 PM.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

_Blento_ #5 Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57425 battles
  • [III-C]

Two more :-)

• Regardless how compelling, do not get into chat wars during the game unless you are dead. Anytime you start chat, you will either loose the spot in which you should have been and there is no point to discuss anything while in game. That is why you can chat with anyone AFTER the game. If you are dead, than do whatever you want
  • If you are med or light tank remember you CAN'T make my TD faster by pushing me even with speed booster. If you are in T62 you can not make my T28 any faster. That move will lead into situation described above

Edited by blento_2014, 12 February 2016 - 05:15 PM.

_______________________r #6 Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21470 battles

View Postblento_2014, on 11 February 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

For all those seeking the path to get into Unicum or Super Unicum status, the best recommendation from one of the great players in Blitz can be found here http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/43142-need-a-generous-unicums-or-any-60ers-advice/page__fromsearch__1 He is spot on in everything he said. Follow his recommendations and you will greatly improve your stats.

Blento

My formula is sooooo much simpler... I just toon with you bro!!!  It's like Unicum Magic.  :)

View Postblento_2014, on 12 February 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

• If you are med or light tank remember you CAN'T make my TD faster by pushing me even with speed booster. If you are in T62 you can not make my T28 any faster. That move will lead into situation described above

Wait wait wait... sure you can... it is just like 1-2 KPH faster... which generally makes no difference.  But yes, it is faster.  

Edited by o7o7, 12 February 2016 - 10:00 PM.

Check out my VIDEOS on my Profile Page:   http://forum.wotblit...7o7-1016011594/

MSixteen #7 Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18377 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postblento_2014, on 11 February 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

My post is not to dive deeper in that topic coz I have nothing smarter to say, rather tell you few other things that have not been said there and WILL make you better player:

• Always AIM!!! if you do not aim you will either miss or will not make damage you should have. Snapshotting is a good way to do damage and not take any. The RNG for shots is like a bell curve. they are more towards the middle than the outside
  • By default, your aiming is set to “auto aim”. If you see the red tank in front of you and  he continuously moves left <=> right, he is messing with your aiming and you will almost always miss your shot. The chances are you are having unicum or superunicum player in front of you. If you can pull back, than pull back, if not, disconnect auto aim. I changed aiming mode to “aiming with button” e.g. I can control on/off mode for auto aiming. Auto aim is a good way to shoot on the move, but turning it off when there is a cluster of enemies that are stationary is a good thing
  • Similarly, if you were spotting a red tank and he disappeared, he probably made a shot, pulled back just enough to conceal himself and is in process of reloading his gun. Once reloaded, his cammo will be reseted and you will have hard time to spot him unless in front of him. If he does that, he is 60%+ player. Pay attention to that tanker. This. you should do this as well. Pull  back into cover/concealment when you're reloading, and pop out when you are loaded 
  • Enable mini-map in your screen and look at the map between the shots (while loading). Get used to that approach unless you are able to see the position for all 7 reds. Always keep an eye on your minimap
  • Do not leave player names on the screen since you can’t see mini-map in that mode.  common sense
  • If you see the folks on your team asking everyone to go (something like this) “<<<<<< left” or “>>>>>>right” or come multiple times with "left" or "right" instructions or any variations of those , most likely those are unicum or S. unicum guys. Get over your pride and follow them. You will get a free lessons what to do and what not. Since Blitz still has not come up with identification of U and SU players, that is typically a good way to recognize who to follow. SO MUCH OF THIS, PLEASE! LISTEN TO THE PLAN
  • You have MUCH better chances of winning if you all roll as one group. Splitting team leads in lost game (most of the times) this. please
  • Learn to read the team structure of red team. Do not always mechanically go to the high grounds (it works almost 99% of time). If red has all heavies, flanking is better than any hill (IMO). Port sucks unless you are all meds and mobile. eh.
  • If you are tier 5, do not stand in front of KV2 with derp gun like Jesus on the cross. Move away from his sight since KV2 can rock you in one shot. Same applies to many tier 6 meds. Us and SUs don't spend much time down at T5. this applies to T10 TDs, though
  • If you ARE KV2, just load HE, you really do not need any other ammo. AIM!!! Select the dark spot and hit. again... we don't spend much time down at T6
  • Unicum and SUnicum players lose as well – 20-30% of their games. Do not brag about kicking their a$$ since you will be rekt next games. They typically belong to some clans and they have mouth and they speak. Your name will be on their black list and you will be targeted asap. And believe me that works !!!! No need to kiss their a$$ - just do not brag in the game and after the game. Have that as one of your personal record and maybe set some targets e.g. to kill several u and su players for that week. You would be surprised to see that if you kill the same u or su player, they will recognize you as well and even toon with you don't you f***ing DARE say "GG" if you managed to sweep my team, because most likely that means they didn't listen to me for s*** and are a bunch of 46%ers
  • Many players here are in their 30-60’s. If you happen to be teenager or early 20’s, please do know that all of those older folks can teach you how to b1tch . That b1thcing comes with the age – nothing to do with this game. You will loose !!!! in b1tching contest. Don't believe - just ask Rambo_2016. :-)))) 
  • Do not complain about HEAT/APCR – it is a legal ammo and there are folks using it on regular basis. While carrying roughly 40:40:20 (AP:HEAT:HE), I switch to gold ammo upon the game start as long as I am the lowest tier in the game. Rarely I have luxury of switching the ammo back to AP or HEAT. I just forget unless I see the rear of the tank. yeah, i always have around 50/50 regular/prammo with some HE in the mix
  • If you play a tank and your win rate is not good or you are not satisfied with it (assuming your crew is on 80% or more), first thing you need to do is to change the equipment. See what works best for you. There is no single equipment combo that works the best for all tanks. IMO, I find that running cammo net, enhanced scope (either one of them) and wet rack are the best combo for all light tanks tier 5 and up (T62 or new German line). While it works for me, you have to see whether it works for you. rammer+vents+GLD or VStabs is what works for almost every tank. light tanks should switch vents for optics.
  • If you decide to play new tank, almost never play that tank as a stock tank unless you already know how to play. Upgrade that tank asap and than start playing. Unless premium tank, almost all stock tank suck …
  • When and if you decide to play one specific tank, before you hit any game in that tank, go to the armor inspector app (free app) and see where should you hit red tanks with what gun. You would be surprised that you could kill “upper” tanks with AP and that any tank has a weak spot
  • Use 360 degree scroll bar options in settings to see who is behind you (if you can't read mini map). Do not turn your turret back and when you get to front line you get your rear turret exposed.
  • Find, concept, bushka, dez, etc. videos on youtube how to play. Those videos will teach you something, if not, go and play candy crush MSixteen WoTB on YouTube. That is All.

Blento

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

_Blento_ #8 Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57425 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMSixteen, on 12 February 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

• Find, concept, bushka, dez, etc. videos on youtube how to play. Those videos will teach you something, if not, go and play candy crush MSixteen WoTB on YouTube. That is All.

:-))))

True, M16 is also really good. He is also on recommended list. Now that I have been quoted, I can't change original post. 

Edited by blento_2014, 13 February 2016 - 03:06 PM.

_Blento_ #9 Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57425 battles
  • [III-C]

View Posto7o7, on 12 February 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

My formula is sooooo much simpler... I just toon with you bro!!!  It's like Unicum Magic.  :)

True, but on average day you carry my a$$ so often that is almost pathetic for me :-)

Also tagged with Unicum, super Unicum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users