Jump to content


Win Rates Next to Usernames?


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

InvictusTitanus #1 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 127 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-02-2016
I think it would be nice to have the win rates of players show up next to their names in matches just like on PC. It would help to know who you can really depend on to have your back. Thoughts?

Invictus Titanus. The Invincible Titan.


gosenbach #2 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3974 battles
  • 245
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

Gosh no.

 

Would it be useful for the good players? sure!

 

Would it be good for the health of the game? Absolutely not. Can you imagine chat bullying? You thought general chat was bad...  Maybe an indicator for >60%, maybe, but that is as far as I would want to go.


Edited by gosenbach, 11 February 2016 - 05:32 PM.


Putins_Chariot #3 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

    Admiral Kitty

  • Players
  • 22247 battles
  • 6,166
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

View PostInvictusTitanus, on 11 February 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

just like on PC

On PC with XVM.....

 

I do like the idea though. Know who to trust that way. Or use WN8 or 7 because wr is biased bad



RaptorJet09 #4 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19684 battles
  • 828
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014

Average tier too so you can know if they seal club or not because people have high wr but they play only low tiers.


 

 


RaptorJet09 #5 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19684 battles
  • 828
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014

View Postgosenbach, on 11 February 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Gosh no.

 

Would it be useful for the good players? sure!

 

Would it be good for the health of the game? Absolutely not. Can you imagine chat bullying? You thought general chat was bad...  Maybe an indicator for >60%, maybe, but that is as far as I would want to go.

Which is why we need a option to mute players.


 

 


beerusdagod #6 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26861 battles
  • 2,110
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015

 

I'm kind of for and against this at the same time.  For it in that yes, it woudl be good to know if the rest of my team is 40%-ers, against it because if they are, then I 1. become the red team's #1 target and 2. despite being able to carry hard... will likely get a little discouraged.  

 

I would much rather see the Marks of Excellence for individual tanks on the barrels (also like PC) which tells me, despite their win rate, how good a player is in the tank they are driving right now.  

 


Check out my VIDEOS on my Profile Page:   http://forum.wotblit...7o7-1016011594/


InvictusTitanus #7 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 127 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-02-2016

View Postgosenbach, on 11 February 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Gosh no.

 

Would it be useful for the good players? sure!

 

Would it be good for the health of the game? Absolutely not. Can you imagine chat bullying? You thought general chat was bad...  Maybe an indicator for >60%, maybe, but that is as far as I would want to go.

 

Would coloring the username be a little better than a concrete number? like green for ~50%, blue for ~60%, etc

Invictus Titanus. The Invincible Titan.


Goat_Rodeo #8 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11954 battles
  • 1,126
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
So long as it's only your team seeing it. If your the only decent player on your team, you just became target number one to the reds if they see your the main actor. Tucking in an average teir number would be good as well. Plenty of purple players have made a career at tier 3-4. 

 

goat_rodeo_leo_eng.jpeg

VICTIM OF THE GREAT 3.H8 BELARUSIAN THROW OF 2017. 

#NOTMYUPDATE 


LtRaseiniai #9 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 76443 battles
  • 4,406
  • [EWENS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
And a mark for the people that pad their win rate by platooning all the time.

Ammo #10 Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  • Players
  • 30460 battles
  • 2,602
  • [CYCLN]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
While I would like it I can imagine it backfiring if the guy with 58% and the guy with 57% start arguing about who has more games or whatever.  I proposed stars because it's quicker and you're not going to argue about exact numbers.  Below 50% no stars, 50-54 one star, 55-59 two stars, 60-69 three stars, 70 and above four stars.  Simple, people with color blindness can read, might motivate bad players to get at least good enough to have a star.  And also when the no star guy chats port, you have no doubt about the quality of their advice.

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

  Blitz Community Coalition

 


Kiser_Sosei #11 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 35800 battles
  • 1,548
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014
It does need something for your team only. Probably based more on WN7 or WN8 rating. I don't think it will create any more bad chatter. Plenty of 51% guys claim to be a unicum and people who are already over 55% know that yelling does very little good.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei


_Meta #12 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19456 battles
  • 2,374
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Posto7o7, on 11 February 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

 

I'm kind of for and against this at the same time.  For it in that yes, it woudl be good to know if the rest of my team is 40%-ers, against it because if they are, then I 1. become the red team's #1 target and 2. despite being able to carry hard... will likely get a little discouraged.  

 

I would much rather see the Marks of Excellence for individual tanks on the barrels (also like PC) which tells me, despite their win rate, how good a player is in the tank they are driving right now.  

 

Marks of Excellence would be pretty cool. I would not mind color coding for Green players only. You should not be able to see red. I would just like the team to know that the guy arguing against me to go hills on Port is a 40%'er and not to listen to him. I mean if they can make your toonmate orange it should be that hard to add Blue, purple, etc. 


Edited by _Meta, 11 February 2016 - 06:12 PM.

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta


bluestem #13 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10238 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    10-19-2014

View PostInvictusTitanus, on 11 February 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

I think it would be nice to have the win rates of players show up next to their names in matches just like on PC. It would help to know who you can really depend on to have your back. Thoughts?

 

we overrated and subjective on players skills and ability.

MutzLivesMatter #14 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10019 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Yeah it'll be good, sucks that it is too hard to use mods on blitz, I always uses XVM in PC


Three60Mafia #15 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13087 battles
  • 5,171
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

XVM is cancer. 

 

People just give up if they see a unicum on other side. 

If they see a unicum on their own team, they start trolling or not trying hard, expecting to be carried. 

It's a good idea in nutshell but people react to it negatively. 


Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!


LasVegas_NA #16 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2293 battles
  • 393
  • [WT]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

They should because a guy would ask for help sometimes and I wanna know if it's worth it.


"If you want to find billionaires, go to New York. If you want to find athletes, go to Los Angeles. If you want to find tankers that you can count on, go to Las Vegas."

 

                                                                                                     --- LasVegas_NA

 

                                                                                       


BootlegTampico #17 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 22613 battles
  • 4,749
  • [-OHM-]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View PostThree60Mafia, on 11 February 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

XVM is cancer. 

 

People just give up if they see a unicum on other side. 

If they see a unicum on their own team, they start trolling or not trying hard, expecting to be carried. 

It's a good idea in nutshell but people react to it negatively. 

Exactly.


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


dilusions #18 Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15554 battles
  • 4,478
  • Member since:
    10-28-2014

View PostIndiana__Jones, on 11 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

And a mark for the people that pad their win rate by platooning all the time.

 

There needs to be a stat for people that pad their win rate by SEAL CLUBBING all the time..

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 


Edited by dilusions, 11 February 2016 - 06:58 PM.



Smacked_down #19 Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3615 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    01-13-2016
My thoughts on the W/R --- a definite no. Some other tag indicating excellence has ALWAYS been my dream for a game like this, and somewhere along the way a game will adopt the idea I would imagine (Kind of like the tags you can get in WarThunder for certain things - although many are idiotic). An example would be: Achieve 100 Top Guns - get a Top Gun tag (the idea based upon X number of a certain Hero or Epic Medal could just go from there). Obviously, there would be tiers for each tag - so a guy with 500, 1000, 1500 Top Guns would have a TG 500, TG1K, TG1.5K tag (or whatever). LOL Just a dream idea. 

Join FLEET of Fog Today! We're looking for Brilliant Tankers 

with a Great Attitude!


Smacked_down #20 Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3615 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    01-13-2016

View PostAmmo_Delivery, on 11 February 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

While I would like it I can imagine it backfiring if the guy with 58% and the guy with 57% start arguing about who has more games or whatever.  I proposed stars because it's quicker and you're not going to argue about exact numbers.  Below 50% no stars, 50-54 one star, 55-59 two stars, 60-69 three stars, 70 and above four stars.  Simple, people with color blindness can read, might motivate bad players to get at least good enough to have a star.  And also when the no star guy chats port, you have no doubt about the quality of their advice.

 

This is a pretty decent idea as well.

Join FLEET of Fog Today! We're looking for Brilliant Tankers 

with a Great Attitude!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users