Churchill VII guide a mini maus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

wannabeunicum #1 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50277 battles
  • [-MM]

Ah the churchill VII. Many hate a few like it. I am in neither of those. Excuse my bad stats in it it was one of my newb tanks. I love the tank due to the armor but it is so slow some games you are useless. Its like flipping a coin. Will I meet the enemy or no on this flank? If you don't well just pray to mm your team is good. It does good in maps like WM where you rush that mill and it is great is group charges.

Armor: 9/10. Hull is 152 the turret is the same but imo not as good. Angle your hull so the drivewheel is POINTING directly at the enemy with the highest pen. Most tier fives can't pen u at all from front and even sides if u have a slight angle. Tier sixes have to depenedent on rng to pen usually a high roll. So if you angle you remove all chance of that. Angling the turret by 10-20 degrees helps a bit(I keep forgetting to do this.) The side armor is amazing at 100 mm. So Sidescraping is always an option though I only do that in tier seven games or against OP1s's. The pro is always that a little overangle won't kill ya( 100 mm is pretty thick) Also forgot to mention 1100 HP. Very high for its tier ties with the german heavy. Great all so good.

Mobility: 2/10 It has none nuff said. The turret and hull traverse while reversing might save you, from COD. What you do is look at the enemy matchup(EXtremely important in this tank) and pick your path. Once you pick you never reverse. Someone is capping? Too bad Pray that your team has a good player in a med tank unless you are really close to the tank.

Firepower: 5/10 not much that is good. the other heavies in the tier have way better pen with the exception of the german vk with the short 88. The men is a little better then the fellow meds. It has pitiful alpha at the 75 mm which is the worst of all heavies. Best firerate makes up for this alpha a bit. The only real good part is the accuracy. It has good accuracy and can aim for weakspots. Sadly it can't pen itself from the front. so APCR APCR APCR ftw. What you have to do is permatrack then permatrack and repeat. You don't want that med running away from you. 

Consumbables: No engine boost not really gonna help much. I would say multi repair kit(like for any tank) regular repair kit  and adrenaline(can be replaced with rations.)

Equipment:Rammer of course. I would say improved ventilation for a boost to everything and Vertical Coil(Better track durability) When sidescraping and being coded or just because you have so much armor everyone will run from you and try tracking I would place this. Can be replaced by whatever you want if you wish.

Playstyle: BE THE MAUS. Take in the shots and angle YOUR TANK SO THE DRIVEWHEEL IS FACING the enemy this about a 32 degree angle)Now as long as you won't be flanked DONT STOP MOVING. You will be left behind by any other tank in your tier including the kv2 and t150. You wan't to assault the flank and leave a big breakthrough.Now let your team charge and make sure you can bounce the shots. When playing defensivly(tier seven match) sidescrape a lot. Them 100 mm of armor is a lot and will block a lot. With the middle gun placement sidescraping is easier to do. YOU ARE FOCUSING On only 1 medal(STEEL wall) Cool headed is a bit harder to get because if you are angling your tracks will be broken. If your team is chasing the last enemy and you are on the other flank ex(swamp wm enemy and you are on the mill) don't waste your time chasing just go browse 9gag or something.THIS is only if YOU 99.99 percent sure you can win(if near the cap just start the cap.

GL to all churchill drivers.

Edit; Forgot to mention has no GD to speak of. 4 degrees.

Edited by wannabeunicum, 15 February 2016 - 07:41 PM.

CK_GoldenNuggets #2 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Official Tournament Trainer

• Players
  • 31273 battles

Nice Guide, but bruh, check your tank's stats m8. The Chruchill 7 may have the least pen of all heavies, by 2mm but it has an average damage of 160 and 9.5 Rounds per minute. That one of the best Heavy dpm's at tier 6. Other tanks like russians have high alpha but crap reloads so you can put 3 shots into them for every shot this hit you with. If it hits you that is considering Russians are known for crap accuracy and the Church7 gets .36 which is considerably better. As for the mobility, it essetially has slightly better speed than a tog. So just play the thing like one. Its a smaller, better armoured Tog with less DPM. Its still a great tank and can change flanks without giving up the game. The idea of "oh someones capping, pray a med stops him" or "No one on this flank, pray my team is good" are poor mentalities someone who has given up has had. Regardless how slow a tank is you can still change flanks due to how small Blitz maps are in roughly 60 seconds and maybe 1 or 2 or even 5 of your tanks have died by then but now your over there and can defend your remaining teammates which is better than sitting alone, sniping, waiting for your team to die so the enemies can come to you. Mobility may be limited but you have to realize bud, its not useless just because it worst than most.

As for "Be the Maus" its a nice concept and I like it. Just remember you dont have nearly as much armour or HP tier for tier as a MAUS so taking the brunt of all the damage isnt always a good idea especially when enemies know where to aim. Churchill 7 is a font line heavy at top tier with few Tier 6s but a second line heavy that should use the better armour of its fellow heavies if its an all tier 6 game.

Edited by reptilesr1ke, 15 February 2016 - 07:51 PM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

wannabeunicum #3 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50277 battles
  • [-MM]
It actually has 10 RPM. but trust me the russian dpm isnt that bad.Consider the fact that the GUN is loaded at first sight.  so 11 rpm here and almost 4 for the kv1s. 1600 dpm vs 150*11= 1650. Not working so well now is it?  Barely beats a kv1s which can just get back into cover. and run with its superior mobility.

CK_GoldenNuggets #4 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

• Players
  • 31273 battles

View Postwannabeunicum, on 15 February 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

It actually has 10 RPM. but trust me the russian dpm isnt that bad.Consider the fact that the GUN is loaded at first sight.  so 11 rpm here and almost 4 for the kv1s. 1600 dpm vs 150*11= 1650. Not working so well now is it?  Barely beats a kv1s which can just get back into cover. and run with its superior mobility.

Bruh, almost 4, the Kv1s has a 2.86 reload even with a rammer and vents you could probably get it to 3.25 x 400 alpha thats still only 1300 dpm so it is looking good, especially if when its loaded and he trys to hit you with that .46 accuracy  you will be laughing as you push into him and punish with superior Dpm and absorb the next shot if he is stupid enough to shoot your tracks thinking side armour is weaker.

wannabeunicum #5 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50277 battles
  • [-MM]

View Postreptilesr1ke, on 15 February 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Bruh, almost 4, the Kv1s has a 2.86 reload even with a rammer and vents you could probably get it to 3.25 x 400 alpha thats still only 1300 dpm so it is looking good, especially if when its loaded and he trys to hit you with that .46 accuracy  you will be laughing as you push into him and punish with superior Dpm and absorb the next shot if he is stupid enough to shoot your tracks thinking side armour is weaker.

Consider this the gun is loaded at first sight :) so its 4 rpm

CK_GoldenNuggets #6 Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

• Players
  • 31273 battles

View Postwannabeunicum, on 15 February 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Consider this the gun is loaded at first sight :) so its 4 rpm

Thats not how Rate of Fire works, you cant count the first shot as a RPM because you took the time to load the Weapon as the game started. Just because its loaded when you see the enemy doesnt mean your gun shoots 1 shot per minute faster. The difference between 3 - 4 rounds per minute is a 20 second reload and a 15 second reload. The Kv1s has just under a 20 second reload. That will not change. Just because you had a round loaded doesnt change the RPM to 4, because now you are saying the KV1s reloads every 15 seconds. Theres a big difference.

The Churchhill 7 has 10RPM and the Kv1s had 3

theoretically if they were to fight the churchill would start of by doing 160 damage and the kv1s would do 400 assuming both are loaded when they met. Then the churchill would proceed to do 160 damage 3 more times then the kv1s would fire a second time

Update kv1s : 800 damage done 2 shots

Churchill7 : 640 damage done 4 shot.

From this pont on, the chuchill would lay in 3 more shots before the Kv1s could fire again and proceed to stomp the KV1S. The main fault with a kv1s is that even for such big alpha you run the risk of missing even 1 shot with that .46 accuracy and losing because you wont be able to reload fast enough to kill most tanks in close range. This and for many other reasons is why the churchill is a great brawler, it has decent enough armour and has the DPM to get the job done. Just use other heavies armour if possible to avoid high pen Tier 6 enemies.

Edited by reptilesr1ke, 15 February 2016 - 08:14 PM.

__Ori #7 Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21440 battles
  • [-E-]
This is the same argument with the Defender.

dasovietcannon #8 Posted 12 August 2021 - 11:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2128 battles
  • [WOY1]
i dont know i read this so i could get some tips i personally would camp but that shrugs off the point of a heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users