Panther 2 and centurion mk 1. Two crap tanks in blitz.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

_no_one_ #1 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [LGN]

Short introduction about what is happening. 

With the new MM in game for the 2 last update I thought this is a golden opportunity to grind many lines to tier 8 and so I thought yeah let's get the panther 2 and the centurion. By the way I already knew the centurion was crap but I thought if I wanted to get some day the conqueror and the centurion mk 7 now is the time. 

So what is happening?

The tanks are crap. Sluggish, poor mobility and big as fckn house. The centurion is bigger than fckn Panther. Jesus Christ. And the guns lack alpha damage. 

And then you probably will go to say. Yeah but they have the dpm to work. Well that is the problem. Look at the Comet at tier 7. Got insanely good dpm for low alpha damage but it got the mobility and speed  to relocate . With the centurion you are stuck and your are a big target.

If they rush your position bye bye. 

The Panther 2 is a little different . You play like an sniper or support tank. But you don't have the dpm to carry games. What is going to happen you will see your teammates dying one by one.  In the end you will die too. And no don't think about playing as a frontal brawling medium. You are big, you are sluggish and you don't have the alpha damage to make an impact when facing a t44. 

I started to feel annoying to playing this tanks and I went to share my thoughts with a buddy in Sparta clan.

He told me look at my stats. I have 81% WR in the centurion and 69% on the Panther 2. Well OK. So I went so see is stats. He got an average damage about 1500 +/- in the centurion and 1200 +/- in the Panther 2.  And so I replied. You are fckn joking?  Those average damage are crap. You only got that WR because you are platooning. He laugh and say. Yeah! This tanks are [edited]you need to platoon do well .

For me this doesn't make any sense and so i went doing some research about the best players in this tanks and comparing with the t44. ( my favorite medium) 

The results. 

T44.  The best players are getting about 2500 +/- damage per game. There is one super unicum with 2872 damage.

My personal results. 79.25 % WR 2162 average damage. 

Panther 2. The best players are getting about 2100 +/- average damage per game. 

My personal results. 63.83% WR 1734 average damage .

Centurion mk 1. The best players are getting about 2100 +/- average damage per game. 

My personal results. 61% WR 1653 average damage .

So is the t44 OP?  NO. Is normal for a good player to have 2000 average damage in tier 8. The problem is not the t44 the problem is the Panther 2 and centurion mk 1 really are crap tanks. 

So my suggestion about this is to increase the rof to plus 2 in both tanks. This way the average damage in this 2 tanks would be equal to the t44. And if possible give some soft stats buff. Mediums should have the ability to relocate if needed this 2 tanks don't have.

Thanks for reading sorry for my poor english.

Edited by _no_one_, 19 February 2016 - 09:09 PM.

Silevern #2 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17632 battles

You're badly mistaken...

T44 dpm - 1852

Cent 1 dpm - 1725

Panther II dpm - 1973

So they're all pretty balanced there's no need to have to buff the Panther II and Centurion I rof

Edited by Silevern, 19 February 2016 - 09:10 PM.

YourTypicalNoob #3 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Post_no_one_, on 19 February 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

Short introduction about what is happening. 

With the new MM in game for the 2 last update I thought this is a golden opportunity to grind many lines to tier 8 and so I thought yeah let's get the panther 2 and the centurion. By the way I already knew the centurion was crap but I thought if I wanted to get some day the conqueror and the centurion mk 7 now is the time. 

So what is happening?

The tanks are crap. Sluggish, poor mobility and big as fckn house. The centurion is bigger than fckn Panther. Jesus Christ. And the guns lack alpha damage. 

And then you probably will go to say. Yeah but they have the dpm to work. Well that is the problem. Look at the Comet at tier 7. Got insanely good dpm for low alpha damage but it got the mobility and speed  to relocate . With the centurion you are stuck and your are a big target.

If they rush your position bye bye. 

The Panther 2 is a little different . You play like an sniper or support tank. But you don't have the dpm to carry games. What is going to happen you will see your teammates dying one by one.  In the end you will die too. And no don't think about playing as a frontal brawling medium. You are big, you are sluggish and you don't have the alpha damage to make an impact when facing a t44. 

I started to feel annoying to playing this tanks and I went to share my thoughts with a buddy in Sparta clan.

He told me look at my stats. I have 81% WR in the centurion and 69% on the Panther 2. Well OK. So I went so see is stats. He got an average damage about 1500 +/- in the centurion and 1200 +/- in the Panther 2.  And so I replied. You are fckn joking?  Those average damage are crap. You only got that WR because you are platooning. He laugh and say. Yeah! This tanks are [edited]you need to platoon do well .

For me this doesn't make any sense and so i went doing some research about the best players in this tanks and comparing with the t44. ( my favorite medium) 

The results. 

T44.  The best players are getting about 2500 +/- damage per game. There is one super unicum with 2872 damage.

My personal results. 79.25 % WR 2162 average damage. 

Panther 2. The best players are getting about 2100 +/- average damage per game. 

My personal results. 63.83% WR 1734 average damage .

Centurion mk 1. The best players are getting about 2100 +/- average damage per game. 

My personal results. 61% WR 1653 average damage .

So is the t44 OP?  NO. Is normal for a good player to have 2000 average damage in tier 8. The problem is not the t44 the problem is the Panther 2 and centurion mk 1 really are crap tanks. 

So my suggestion about this is to increase the rof to plus 2 in both tanks. This way the average damage in this 2 tanks would be equal to the t44. And if possible give some soft stats buff. Mediums should have the ability to relocate if needed this 2 tanks don't have.

Thanks for reading sorry for my poor english.

Unfortunately, the p2 and cent 1 are both pretty poop, but the tanks after them (Centurion 7/1 and E50) are gems though.

Pittoors_ #4 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Killer Queen has already touched this forum title

• Players
  • 36098 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Agreed about the Panther II. Pretty slugish for a medium, horrible penetration for a tier VIII, it's DPM, armor and ramming potential are pretty good IMO. Selled it three times already. But i'm pretty sure that Centuron 7/1 and E 50 are pretty good tanks, so i hope it's worth the grind. Can't say anything about Centurion I because i'm on Comet.

Edited by Pittoors_, 19 February 2016 - 09:15 PM.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Pittoors_

Current garage: M48A1 Patton, IS-4, T110E5, E 50 Ausf. M, Leopard 1, T-62A, M46 Patton, T54E1, IS-8, IS-5, IS-6, Rheinmetall Borsig Waffentrager, T49, T23E3Type 62, Helsing, T-34-1, Kuro Mori MineAC IV Sentinel, SU-100YStridsvagn 74A2, Panzer IV Anko SP, Churchill III, T-34, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, DW 2, Panzer S35, BT-SV, BT-7 Artillery, SU-76i, T-15M3 LightT2 LightT7 Combat CarLight Mk. VIC.

_no_one_ #5 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostSilevern, on 19 February 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

You're badly mistaken...

T44 dpm - 1852

Cent 1 dpm - 1725

Panther II dpm - 1973

So they're all pretty balanced there's no need to have to buff the Panther II and Centurion I rof

You are not understanding.  The problem is not about the dpm in the tanks. Is the way you deliver your damage to the enemy . The t44 got very good mobility and can relocate to stay alive and when you expose to take a shot you are doing 280 average damage. In the Panther 2 is 220 and the centurion is an abysmal 190.

So you can relocate and you have a big alpha damage for a tier 8 and you also have good armor in the t44. With that factors combined with is easy to well in a t44. 

Panther 2 and centurion mk 1 don't have this advantages and so in the end when looking to average damage per game you will see this tanks are lacking in performance. 

Niikemi_MKIV #6 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

20% accurate, as usual

• Players
  • 17250 battles
  • [ONE]

Well, I kinda like Panther II and Centurion I(grinding both of them atm).

These guys might be an easy target, that's exactly why when driving a Support Medium you have to work with what the match gives you as the battle goes on. The further you survive, the more useful you'll be later on.

Centurion:

- Has quite decent mobility(powerful engine and it's not heavy as Panther). The real killer here it's low max speed...

- Has a pretty accurate partisan rifle which lacks punch, but that's quite a good thing(as the underdog people won't even notice you exist, until you start scooping the kills)

- Unlike Panther, the decent gun mantlet and the -10 degrees of gun depression can do a thousand wonders for you.

- Both Panther and Centurion are great scouts, 260m of view range is just "esplêndido".

Panther II: 

- I personally made a guide for it, feel free to check it, if you don't mind.

Here(Blitz Bingo Hyperlink skills FTW!)

"It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path..."

_Willy #7 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21762 battles
Learn to play 

Silevern #8 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17632 battles
Centurion I and Panther II are both extremely accurate tanks, unlike the T-44. Try fighting from range and putting consistent shots into the enemy instead of coming close and dumping a fat round like the T-44 does

_CH3F #9 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67938 battles
Cent is best when used as a support tank. You have to get gun first, engine and then tracks. It def isn't as much fun at start but once you max it out you will love it. Def don't lead for the armor is crap and always take advantage of the gun depression. The gun depression and the maxed out gun are the two best things about this tank. 

_no_one_ #10 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostxXshadowXxII, on 19 February 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

Learn to play 

I laugh

ttrreevvooo #11 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7356 battles
Yes i hate panther 2 but cent 1 is solid tank. 

_no_one_ #12 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [LGN]

View Postchefejl74, on 19 February 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Cent is best when used as a support tank. You have to get gun first, engine and then tracks. It def isn't as much fun at start but once you max it out you will love it. Def don't lead for the armor is crap and always take advantage of the gun depression. The gun depression and the maxed out gun are the two best things about this tank. 

OK you guys really have a problem. The stats show the  best players in the game perform extremely well playing with the t44. The stats also show that the Panther 2 and centurion mk 1are played poorly when comparing with the t44. I don't need tips about how to play this tanks. I know. You can go hull down in the centurion, you can play the Panther 2 as a support tank. I know all this in the end doesn't matter because you can't carry games like in a t44. 

Again I repeat the same thing is not a question about the t44 is OP because is normal for a good player to have 2000 average damage in a tier 8 tank. It is about how crap the Panther 2 and centurion are. And stats prove I am right. 

"Oh you need to go hull down in a centurion and use the accurate gun and mantlet to protect you"

Oh come on. I know exactly what to do with this fckn tanks. Forget the tips or any device about how to play this tanks. This tanks are crap in blitz. Period

anonym_CtooXgQbXTk2 #13 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I already figured it out. They both are designed to play passively. Low top speeds and big sizes are a problem. Tanks like the cent are restricted to hull down tactics due to things already previously mention. If you were called to sidehug or COD a E75, KV4/5, Tiger 2 etc. You would fail, and you are too slow to relocate in some situations.

Obviously _no_one_ likes an "active" performing role medium tank, and I'll admit, me too as well.

tjheff1066 #14 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 72632 battles
  • [ACE1]
Wait are you saying the Russian medium at the same tier is superior and easier to drive? hahahahahahahahahahaha!  No way!

Player_0000000007 #15 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

Theorist of Dubiously Coincidental Events

• Players
  • 35622 battles
  • [DEF_6]

Panther II is far better than people give it credit for. That 88 is still pretty solid at tier 8 and that armor can be more of a troll than you think.

Cent should NOT be played as a traditional med. It is strictly a support tank that can make a standoff when hull down, but is best suited to run down targets too busy with the other guys on green. It wins by dealing crippling amounts of damage and not by carrying the team when last man standing.

Anni is more overpowered than missiles were...will it get removed, too?

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

MutzLivesMatter #16 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10019 battles

#nerfrussianmediumtanks

#buffgermancrappytanks

#buffbritishturtlemediums

Edited by FlyYuch, 19 February 2016 - 10:49 PM.

razernaga2014 #17 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12324 battles
  • [SPUD]
I can see what you're getting at, but the thing is, the T-44 is a superb medium for it's tier.  Cent and Panther2 are just average.  A good player can do good in any of the three, and a bad player will do bad in all three. 

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

Ryan_Dazel #18 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9368 battles

Git gud

I like turtlez

Steeby141 #19 Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45574 battles
  • [STEEB]
I have never hated a tank as much as I hate Centurion. I bought it back recently to rehab my stats in it, but nope, it's still a crappy tank. It lacks alpha, dpm, mobility, armor, with the exchange of what? A fairly accurate gun? I sold it right after I bought it back and that tells you how much I hate this junk.

_no_one_ #20 Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [LGN]

View Post122mm_Smoothbore, on 19 February 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

I already figured it out. They both are designed to play passively. Low top speeds and big sizes are a problem. Tanks like the cent are restricted to hull down tactics due to things already previously mention. If you were called to sidehug or COD a E75, KV4/5, Tiger 2 etc. You would fail, and you are too slow to relocate in some situations.

Obviously _no_one_ likes an "active" performing role medium tank, and I'll admit, me too as well.

You are correct, also if you are going to trade shots around the corner you will also fail because of the low alpha. If you are going to snipe a target you will shot him for 190 damage in the centurion. The second shot?  Sorry the target move to cover, please relocate the brick to another hull down position. 

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 19 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Panther II is far better than people give it credit for. That 88 is still pretty solid at tier 8 and that armor can be more of a troll than you think.

Cent should NOT be played as a traditional med. It is strictly a support tank that can make a standoff when hull down, but is best suited to run down targets too busy with the other guys on green. It wins by dealing crippling amounts of damage and not by carrying the team when last man standing.

Yeah the good about the Panther is the 88. The cent doesn't have the have the comet mobility to place you in spots to deliver the damage you want. And if they rush you again you don't have the speed or mobility to relocate. 

View PostFlyYuch, on 19 February 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

#nerfrussianmediumtanks

#buffgermancrappytanks

#buffbritishturtlemediums

And WOTB would be a better game. :)

View Postrazernaga2014, on 19 February 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

I can see what you're getting at, but the thing is, the T-44 is a superb medium for it's tier.  Cent and Panther2 are just average.  A good player can do good in any of the three, and a bad player will do bad in all three. 

A good player will also do bad in the Panther and centurion unless he is in a platoon. 

View Postmr_stealy, on 19 February 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

I have never hated a tank as much as I hate Centurion. I bought it back recently to rehab my stats in it, but nope, it's still a crappy tank. It lacks alpha, dpm, mobility, armor, with the exchange of what? A fairly accurate gun? I sold it right after I bought it back and that tells you how much I hate this junk.

You  are 100% correct. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users