• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

Str8UpJack #1 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

The Triarii [iii]

(A brief history of the original TRIARII can be found HERE)

Our website can be found HERE 

SPECIAL NOTES REGARDING SITE REGISTRATION:

As mentioned in our forums on our own website recently, our open recruitment process has been terminated. We're making some administrative adjustments in an effort to prepare for the significant expansion of our Blitz community with the introduction of Android platforms... Battening down the hatches so to speak. 

We will, however, continue to leave the patio door open a crack to prospects who fit our general requirements so that ANY OG (old guy) can feel welcome joining us in our gladiator nights or other grinding platoons. 

If you register at our website, please understand we won't be approving anyone at the moment ( unless you have been a long time contributor to our threads here and just arrive to the party really late ! )

We do prefer 30+ yrs of age but that is not cast in stone.  Just contact anyone listed in the above roster as leadership.  Participate in this or the OLD GUYS thread so we can get to know you a bit and then apply to our website.  We have a very vibrant group of guys with at least 6-10 member on TS3 any night of the week and multiple members always online at our website during the day.  

Anyone visiting this thread and not familiar with how we started as a clan, visit the OLD GUYS thread and read through that.  It's a monster thread and growing in leaps and bounds so grab a beverage of your choice and enjoy!

As for any requirements.. ours are fairly relaxed but I presume we will be posting updated requirements for those that choose to join and want to take part in clan wars when it arrives.  To be part of the Triarii, the basic requirements as initially set by ENO75 are :

Block Quote

Requirements: 

- 30+ (Preferred but I'll never say no to an old soul with some thumb-eye coordination) 

- Signed / acknowledge Integrity's forum pledge to do our part in keeping the forum a positive and non-threatening environment for those who respect its politics. (Found HERE)

TS3 is HIGHLY recommended and is available through the app store on the IOS platforms. Voice comms has really enhanced the experience but considering most guys are playing without headphones I do ask that guys try to keep it somewhat clean. Keep in mind that 7 year old "Timmy" may be looking over dad's shoulder and being set ablaze by a string of profanity may not meet the approval of CINC-HOUSE. 

TS3 INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE

A note on Triarii Guiding Principles from the Consilium Fum Duxs:

Guiding principles are meant to serve self determination and autonomy within the community.  They are not meant as some moral, legalistic or authoritarian framework.  The only such framework is that guiding principles should not be used in that way.  (What?) The guiding principles are meant to help us navigate and remind us of who we are individually and as Triarri.

The Consilium Fum Duxs was asked by the backwards ONE to consider some guiding principles and to begin considering and talking together with the community about different future visions for Triarii.  We have been deliberating.  Here are some first thoughts on guiding principles we hope reflect what is already present and valued in our community.

• A healthy spirit of competition consistently enriched by:
    • a shared disposition of learning
    • an attitude of cooperation
    • tolerance and flexibility (and therefore humor)
    • generosity and participation

We feel that these are both broad enough to include all the diverse interests and play styles already present in Triarii, as well as laying a foundation for growth and the development of diverse interests.  We hope these reflect the heart of what is already happening and can be seen to be actionable.  For instance, we can ask ourselves about these things what sort of actions, behaviors and decisions might be consistent and inconsistent with such principles.

In terms of vision we feel there is already a very active conversation going on about that.  Triarii Tankers have individual goals for how they want to advance, improve and learn and we seem to talk about that a lot on the fly as we go and together in this thread.  We imagine Triarii as a vehicle that supports those goals and interests.  There seems to be a very good conversation about collective vision having to do with WG updates, what those might bring and how we want to relate to all that.  That is happening in between Battles and on the forum as well.  All voices are welcomed and encouraged in that ongoing consideration of course!

As all this unfolds the Consilium Fum Duxs strongly encourages you to get out there and successfully explode tanks, with an emphasis on the tanks of other players and preserving the pristine shininess of your own.  There are Triarii Tankers volunteering their time and expertise to creating a web site that will hopefully support the successful and ongoing enthusiasm for the destruction of other tanks.  We will keep you posted on progress.

Edited by Str8UpJack, 05 December 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Guderian5266 #2 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24771 battles
  • [III-S]
Some of the other clans have a separate web site to help organize and chat off the forum (like concep's KRIEG for example). Anyone good at building web sites?

Community Pledge Signer

PerformanceAnxiety #3 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28634 battles
I am - I also got server space coming out of my ears, it's what I do for a living. My problem is time. I'd be happy to set up a server, a basic Wordpress site and even install a forum, but I would not have time for fancy design right now/. 

PerformanceAnxiety #4 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28634 battles
Ok, so I went ahead and registered triariiclan.com - I'll do a basic install later on today. 

Str8UpJack #5 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

you da' man Mastrap!  I have some abilities to figure out websites so I can help on adding content and the non-technical stuff.  Just let me know.   I have two websites for my business, one of which I use wordpress for.  

On another note.  We have a regular group that is on TS3 and I think most of us already expressed interest in being part of clan wars when it arrives.  At this point, I know a few of us are running a bunch of different tank lines but maybe haven't reached a tier X tank yet.  I would advise that those in that position try to press on the line you want to have your Tier X in and get there ASAP.  Leave the other lines alone until you have your first Tier X.   I am halfway to my Tier X so by the end of the weekend I should have it.  

Edited by Str8UpJack, 12 September 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Para_digm #6 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1110 battles
  • [P_D]
Sound like you guys will be up and running in no time!

Str8UpJack #7 Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostPara_digm, on 12 September 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Sound like you guys will be up and running in no time! I am in search for a clan ATM! Will you post requirements?

If you visit this thread,  you can see we don't require anything specific stat-wise.  Just that our members are mature and don't engage in some of the ridiculous nonsense that plagues this forum from time to time.  We are very laid back and don't expect members to be super serious about clan wars.  If you are serious about, that is what this thread is for, otherwise people can just hang out in the Old Guys thread that started this whole movement.  Look forward to you choosing us if you feel you are a good match! 

GaryP11111 #8 Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16663 battles
  • [III-S]
Which Tier X are you getting? I picked up the T110E5 a couple nights ago, though I haven't taken it out of the garage yet.

ad triarios ventum est

"It comes down to the Triarri"

putnamJavi #9 Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View Postmastrap, on 12 September 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I am - I also got server space coming out of my ears, it's what I do for a living. My problem is time. I'd be happy to set up a server, a basic Wordpress site and even install a forum, but I would not have time for fancy design right now/. 

Anyone ask Lephty?  I know he's also an IT guru.  Perhaps he might be able to help on the technical side.  

T-X I've got a JdE100 and will shortly have a T62A (Prob within next 2 weeks or so).  Although I wouldn't worry too much since Naktl virtually has all T-X lines researched.  

Have we considered copying Concep in setting up a a Clan IT account and providing it for free to the members so they can DL TS3?

concep #10 Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 34802 battles
  • [_V_]
Because this is now your clan thread, I'd suggest keeping the Old Guys Thread alive. It's really nice to read all the stuff you guys throw up there; albeit, usually walls of text.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

Val_Darrant #11 Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17607 battles
  • [III-X]
Thanks for getting a place up for us to share and discuss the future.

"Everybody Counts or Nobody Counts"

putnamJavi #12 Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostWatcher777, on 12 September 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Do we need to repost our desire to be a member of this clan on this thread, just before the switch I requested consideration on the old guys thread. I purchased Ts3 but need to find the thread for set up. Also I've never platooned., Thanks  for the new thread!

No, just send an email to ENO75 with your signature request and TS3 server set up info.  A lot of our guys have also never platooned before so don't worry.  It will be a lot easier once you're on TS3.   

Str8UpJack #13 Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostputnamJavi, on 12 September 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Anyone ask Lephty?  I know he's also an IT guru.  Perhaps he might be able to help on the technical side.  

T-X I've got a JdE100 and will shortly have a T62A (Prob within next 2 weeks or so).  Although I wouldn't worry too much since Naktl virtually has all T-X lines researched.  

Have we considered copying Concep in setting up a a Clan IT account and providing it for free to the members so they can DL TS3?

We have already started a conversation with Concep via PM's to try and arrange some time where we can get him on TS.  We first have to get some of us together on TS and discuss basic organization and figure out what we want to accomplish and who wants to be involved in clan wars activity. 

View PostWatcher777, on 12 September 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Do we need to repost our desire to be a member of this clan on this thread, just before the switch I requested consideration on the old guys thread. I purchased Ts3 but need to find the thread for set up. Also I've never platooned., Thanks  for the new thread!

No need.  This thread is really meant to keep all the Clan Wars discussion from clogging up the Old Guys thread. 

putnamJavi #14 Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostStr8UpJack, on 12 September 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

We have already started a conversation with Concep via PM's to try and arrange some time where we can get him on TS.  We first have to get some of us together on TS and discuss basic organization and figure out what we want to accomplish and who wants to be involved in clan wars activity. 

No need.  This thread is really meant to keep all the Clan Wars discussion from clogging up the Old Guys thread. 

OK so let's start by setting up an appointed time when a good majority of Triarii are on TS3.  Say for example 10PM EST on such and such date?  We can announce it on both threads so that any and all interested parties can speak up.  Let's give a week or 2 notice so people can attend.  If they're unable to make it, we can send them the meeting minutes.  

PerformanceAnxiety #15 Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28634 battles

I did some basic installs on a forum this lunchtime. You can see the results here: http://www.triariiclan.com/forums/

Remember, there is little to no styling there yet, so do not expect much. 

tcamp48 #16 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60872 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postmastrap, on 12 September 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Ok, so I went ahead and registered triariiclan.com - I'll do a basic install later on today. 

This is great. ;) Love to see this thread up and running with so much enthusiasm. If there's anything I can contribute to the website Mastrap, I'm more than happy. I'm a graphic artist in my day job with a Monster Mac at home. 

tcamp48 #17 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60872 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostStr8UpJack, on 12 September 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

On another note.  We have a regular group that is on TS3 and I think most of us already expressed interest in being part of clan wars when it arrives.  At this point, I know a few of us are running a bunch of different tank lines but maybe haven't reached a tier X tank yet.  I would advise that those in that position try to press on the line you want to have your Tier X in and get there ASAP.  Leave the other lines alone until you have your first Tier X.   I am halfway to my Tier X so by the end of the weekend I should have it.  

I know I'm definitely interested in Clan Wars. I'll be checking out TS3 tonight definitely. I'm almost to Tier 9 now and anticipate Tier 10 in a reasonable amount of time. 

PerformanceAnxiety #18 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28634 battles

View Posttcamp48, on 12 September 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

This is great. ;) Love to see this thread up and running with so much enthusiasm. If there's anything I can contribute to the website Mastrap, I'm more than happy. I'm a graphic artist in my day job with a Monster Mac at home. 

That would be awesome. Have you got any Wordpress experience?

tcamp48 #19 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60872 battles
  • [III-S]
At Wordpress unfortunately no. I'm mainly a photoshop, digital guru. 

Edited by tcamp48, 12 September 2014 - 09:14 PM.

DrWylde #20 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26358 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Posttcamp48, on 12 September 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

At Wordpress unfortunately no. I'm mainly a photoshop, digital guru. This is the stuff I do ---> http://tonygcampagna.deviantart.com/

Very nice tcamp.  Do I see a work titled something like "Steel Tomb" in your future?  Very nice, indeed.   [ sorry, not clan related... ]

Edited by DrWylde, 12 September 2014 - 08:47 PM.

IS-7, IS-4, IS-8, ST-I, IS-3, IS-6, KV-4

Obj. 268, Obj. 704, ISU-152

E 100, E 75, Tiger II

T-62A, T-54, T-44

T30, M103

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users