• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

tcamp48 #21 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60898 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostDrWylde, on 12 September 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Very nice tcamp.  Do I see a work titled something like "Steel Tomb" in your future?  Very nice, indeed.   [ sorry, not clan related... ]

Quite possibly Dr. ;) Thank you. Any way I can help the cause. Okay.....back to Clan related topics now in progress! 

SaltyMcSalt #22 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28663 battles
Tcamp, if I give you some dimensions, can you help with some graphics? For example, the clan insignia across the top would be awesome. 

Para_digm #23 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1110 battles
  • [P_D]
I love the idea old guys. I am a father of three (another on the way) husband of one. I am a casual gamer but make it on for a couple rounds at night at least. I have and am familiar with Teamspeak. I am proficient with Photoshop and will help however possible.
. I play Counter Site Global Offensive with a clan called casual mature gamers. Lol
Feel free to shoot a friend request here on in game!

_ENO_ #24 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

I am just amazed at the buy in here and not only the offers to help but the ACTION.  Just a quick note now but I couldn't wait to acknowledge it. 

I'll have more time to go back and read through in a bit but for now thank you! 

_ENO_ #25 Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

One of the things we're wanting to try and accomplish with this separate page would be file hosting for the work various members are doing for "readers" and guides compiling available information as well as generating some of our own. Even if guys just screenshot their favourite spots for various classes of tanks and send them to someone else for processing... I think together we have a tremendous amount of resources and a load of folks who don't mind taking some time to polish the proverbial cannonball. 

EDIT: One more thing I was thinking of that would be extremely useful is a pluggin for the TS3  window... It's just a mirror that shows who is online at the time. 

Right now the discussion going on in the background for such hosting is google drive. It does require a google account to access the information and this seemed the most common place. 

Another thing I'd like to know- knowing a thing or two about the time involved in the creation / maintenance of things we're passionate about- is the ability to share the load. I'm seeing a number of folks with IT / Web design / graphic design experience... I see Mast has already reached out to Tcamp for some help in working out some art- I'm not sure if it's possible to share the actual web design process? Example: Mast is going to be busy for a week and can't work on it but XYZ has some free time and doesn't mind putting some into enhancing different features of the page. 

tcamp48 #26 Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:56 AM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60898 battles
  • [III-S]
I can make the time to contribute either at home or at work. Fortunately I'm on the keyboard at both locations. Anyone have any ideas, feel free to throw them my way.

_ENO_ #27 Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

^ Holy cow that is the LONGEST subway train I've EVER seen lol. 

Some pretty awesome work there Camp. 

Might need to see a show of hands with all the guys who have experience with the programs necessary to create something awesome... I'd like to incorporate some motion into the finished design if it's possible- so folks with a few different backgrounds may be able to work together on different "sections" of the finished design. I've seen some banners that used it to good effect and while I don't want to duplicate their success in their designs- I am interested to see what folks can come up with! Especially from the pros...wow.

I'm glad to give ownership of the development to someone who has experience in this domain and organize its development while using the resources available within the clan membership. I've made a "meeting room" in TS3 that can be used for sessions between different groups who want to discuss subjects without interfering with battles... so whether 1 person takes charge to help organize the effort- or a bunch of people shake hands and agree to work together on it in a "unified command" type system... I'm not prepared to nitpick on how it gets done as long as two conditions are met: 

1) Guys enjoy the opportunity they have to show off their talents and work together 

2) It gets done 

Now... I know number 2 sounds kind of abrupt and not exactly laid back...  I'm pretty sure you guys understand what I mean and how I mean it. 

I think 2) is important, but it will never take precedence over 1)

_ENO_ #28 Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Eh guys... as you may notice I've done a SLIGHT modification to my banner to wear some of my canadian pride without interfering with my poppy initiative. I think this is subtle enough so as to not clutter the banner. One of the members (you'll likely figure out quickly) got me thinking about how to add just a little something extra to the banner and I think this is okay. Canadian members are welcome to a banner with this addition if they choose. Many of you are from the states- so I'll have to find something like a star or... ? You guys tell me... but I do want the images (Specific to nationalities) to be the same one way or the other, whatever it is. (ie- Canadians will all have the same... US... etc)

Any suggestions are welcome but the final decision will need to suit the format and the relatively small size. 

SineDie9 #29 Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24675 battles
  • [III-S]

Good morning, boys (and girls).  Eno seems like a smart guy, but he has apparently let me into the clan anyway.

It's hard to predict exactly when I will be on any given day, but I look forward tanking with you. 

putnamJavi #30 Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

Found this to add to our guides.  It's a helpful Excel guide to determine spall liner effectiveness

https://docs.google....UXc&usp=sharing

putnamJavi #31 Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

I also discovered the reddit thread for WOT.  Although primarily geared for PC and Blitz it does have a lot of good info.  

Taltos1964 #32 Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12255 battles
  • [III-Z]

Hey guys, I'm a software and web developer so I can help as well.  I'm am similar to mastrap in that I have some time but not as much as I would like.  I've worked with WordPress customizing and configuring.  It has been a while but it won't have changed that much and even if it has I can figure it out.

ENO, you have the right idea.  Those of us with the technical and graphics side can make it happen but the vision of it can come from all.  Obviously we can't make everyone's ideas happen but lots of ideas for a small group to work through and decide on is a great thing.  

Just let me know what I can do.  Now I gotta go get busy on getting something to level 10!!!

Community Pledge Signer

T110E5, M103, T-54, M46 Patton, Tiger II, Panther II, VK 30.01(P), IS, T-150, Jagdpanther, SU-152, T25 AT

Eire1916 #33 Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17487 battles
  • [III-Z]
im not much help with the IT stuff but i can tell others what to do while i watch,,,

naktl #34 Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18714 battles

View PostEire1916, on 13 September 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

im not much help with the IT stuff but i can tell others what to do while i watch,,,

personally, I aspire to do nothing and occasionally fail.  I find that it is often good to rest for a bit after doing nothing.

Russ56 #35 Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10294 battles
  • [III-S]

Good morning guys!  Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome I have received.  Got TS3 set up and talk to a few of you. Was nice to put a voice to the people you talk too on here. Sorry did not stay around long, was getting late was headed to bed.  And again thanks to ENO for my banner. Love it!  You will find it takes me a while to get comfortable with using TS3. All new to me. But can see it will help greatly with playing battles together.  Never was a fan of typing  on this iPad. Again thanks to all for having me in the

TRIARII CLAN.   

Community Pledge Signer,

MSgt USAF Retired

Str8UpJack #36 Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

Here is a good bit of information about what it takes to compete at a higher level than that required in pub matches.  Some of it is PC specific and as we still don't know how Clan Wars will work on Blitz, some of it can be skipped over but the bulk of what is laid out does pertain to bringing our game up to a higher level.  

http://wotguru.com/clan-wars-checklist/

Welcome Russ56!  See you on TS

Edited by Str8UpJack, 14 September 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Russ56 #37 Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10294 battles
  • [III-S]
Nice guide to work with. Lot of good info and diagrams on tactics. 

Community Pledge Signer,

MSgt USAF Retired

Taltos1964 #38 Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12255 battles
  • [III-Z]
Nice find Str8Up!  Interesting reading.  Do we have any idea if Blitz will be no tier limits or if there will sometimes be tier limits to these battles?

Community Pledge Signer

T110E5, M103, T-54, M46 Patton, Tiger II, Panther II, VK 30.01(P), IS, T-150, Jagdpanther, SU-152, T25 AT

_ENO_ #39 Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Eh Watcher... 

We are in the process of figuring out an efficient way of collecting that information... one way was in the general thread where resources about individual platforms are accumulated and put into a single thread post. Go to the first page and look at the Russian Heavy line- IS / IS3 / IS8 / IS7... it's linked to the page. 

Right now that's kind of where we're limited- Willson has also been creating .pdf readers on various tanks however we haven't yet stored them anywhere that doesn't need a gdrive account or dropbox account. That remains a work in progress. 

We're also just establishing something of an organisational structure to help disperse tasks like that within the group so that the folks who are good at that kind of thing can take it on. It sounds like it's something that you might be able to help us out with? 

As we expand, I expect that folks who are good with different aspects of the clan development in-game and online will emerge and be organized into their own little sub-group organizations... It really just helps to spread the load evenly and gives everyone a chance to chip in without being overwhelmed. 

_ENO_ #40 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles
Eh guys- some clan development chat: 

We currently have upwards of 45 people on the roster (I have to input a few from the last couple days)... and currently a lot of people come to me when they need a hand with something, or a technical TS3 question- or a banner... Whatever it is, I have to say I'm happy to do it but as we grow it may become more work than what it needs to be. Last night in a senior members meeting we agreed to implement a proposed organizational template that would include 4 senior members (Dux by the Roman organization) to help me manage clan related affairs. 

A VERY rough draft of the vision: 

This shows how responsibility is spread out and allows a person to visualize the shape of things to come. There are some aspects of this that will likely change depending on need- in particular the original vision was for a training in each unit / division- which there will still likely be eventually (see future on the left). Instead, the first 3 "draft" picks for the 4 Dux will be to identify either people who are ALREADY good at certain classes of TD, Heavy, Medium or who REALLY enjoy it and are eager to pursue excellence in the class. At this point, I want to emphasize, that EVERYONE can still be a tanker. The organization in this template is more focused on clan related affairs as they exist in the big picture- including everything. The diplomat, the magister militum... the Dux... EVERYONE is still a tanker. Nobody is going to be "giving orders" out in the game... Nobody is going to be restricted in their playing time- but EVERYONE is going to have an opportunity to help this clan meet its potential.

Incident Command System- 

The clan will be managed using the Incident Command System (ICS), which is something familiar to me that I know is perfect for this application. In fact, the beauty of it is that it's perfect for ANY application. I won't give you the full history lesson on it since there are about a million web pages on it but I will touch on it over the next couple days so that our membership understands EXACTLY what the intentions are with adopting a "Command System" of this nature. 

Very briefly- this "system" exists and can be (and is) used in all manners of organized activity... whether in business, event planning, clan organization and in my case (in real life) emergency response. This concept was my goto because it is familiar in my current occupation, EXTREMELY effective when properly used and not strictly military. Unlike the name implies, it's actually not so much of a command system as much as a resource management system. 

I'm going to elaborate on a few concepts that you could just as easily google but that I will put in my own words in context with my intention of deploying this system to help manage the development and maintenance of the clan membership. I'll probably spread it out over a few posts over time since it can be pretty dry to read all at once. 

Let's start with Unity of Command: 

Everyone has 1 "boss." Notice the rabbit ears on boss. Nobody at this point is a "boss." Yes, during clan war time when we might engage in more competitive pursuits it may be time for an elite group of our members to stand forward and be recognized. Maybe these guys will fall under a more regimented organization (still utilizing the same ICS principles)... maybe not. I'll let the guy in charge of that unit decide. In context what this "unity of command" means is we have senior members who know their way around the group, around the game, around the map, around the platforms, around the banner, around how to get a banner, around how to get on TS3, where to get it and how to install it.

We will put the seniors into a position that allows them to be a resource for 5-7 members each. 5-7 is the most that a single person has been deemed to be able to effectively support. In my business, we stick to 5 in our higher hazard operations while in a conventional organization- probably 7 would be appropriate. This is a game- I think 7 is more than reasonable... maybe 10 would be fine but I don't ever want this to be "work" for anyone no matter their position. Like the Air Force- (Russ56 maybe you can speak to this) "Don't hang more ordinance... just bring more planes." Yes, now we're less than 50. ICS allows the organization to run with equal efficiency whether it's 5 or 500 or 5000 and back to 5 again. It can expand and contract as necessary. As needed, seniors (known within the Roman structure as Dux) can appoint "Legate" (essentially lieutenants) to manage their growing numbers within each unit. He could have 5-7 Legate... who could each have 5-7 subordinates. Etc.

And each one of those people only reports to 1 person. Tanker talks to his Legate and the Legate is empowered to process the matter as he sees fit assuming it fits with the vision of the clan. He's in that position, so he is trusted to exercise good judgment and be accountable for the decision he makes. If he needs support or to pass on information, that goes to his Dux at which point the same empowerment exists. If he still needs further input then he goes to the Magister Militum (Leader). Things would also head downhill the same way in reverse. 

Now, in this case as we grow many of the messages are going to be travelling up from the foundation- not down from the "top." People have all manners of ideas to help make the Triarii AMAZING and this system allows for these ideas to be processed in a manner that ensures efficient results. Maybe we run with it? Maybe we put it on the shelf... But every members will have a voice. We will have a "Diplomatic" function for a designate who I image would also be in charge of development of clan media- web pages etc. Perhaps we want to support a cause of some sort... or arrange inter-clan activities / matches etc. Who knows... it will be to that position to organize these functions while also possibly having 5-7 people to help him do it! And as the workload increases so to can his resource infrastructure. Another leader is appointed... Job's done? That leader position is folded back into the organization where that member is needed- maybe as a leader? Maybe as a tanker... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users