Purple Potatoes

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

MRobertsRCS #81 Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

Not the best way to introduce yourself to 501st, this isn't at all what we are about.  How our folks represent themselves here, in game, and on our other forms of communication has a direct impact on their membership.

I was part of nearly every CW battle between PURPL and 501st, and they always had ample players.  I appreciated that when we lost, they typically explained where they thought we went wrong, allowing us to learn their perspective.  I also recall PURPL asking before they posted replays on the forums.  Those are admirable moves. 

Good luck with recruitment and I hope a mod is able to clean this up.  Looks like we may have some clean up on our end as well. 

My E4 has a cup holder            

svk7 #82 Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21732 battles

View Post_34, on 18 June 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

sorry guys. I picked him up because Im an ingame friend of his and we play together often. he's not done this before and i hadn't been able to check forums until now. there is no need for this in our clan and actions will be taken accordingly

as for the OP, I hope you guys do well with recruitment, even though this thread is quite marred. I also hope this doesn't damage the relationship between PURPL and 501ST as he was in our clan at the time of these posts. i did not realize he was acting in such a way

Thanks for the kind words _34. And I don't actually think it's marred at all. If anything, it shows everyone how professionally we here at PURPL try to deal with internal issues, that we take careful considerations in who we take into the clan and in how long we observe people before accepting/kicking them from the clan, and that we are open to giving all an opportunity here (and also open to parting ways with them if they do not show improvement over time. :)

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 18 June 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Not the best way to introduce yourself to 501st, this isn't at all what we are about.  How our folks represent themselves here, in game, and on our other forms of communication has a direct impact on their membership.

I was part of nearly every CW battle between PURPL and 501st, and they always had ample players.  I appreciated that when we lost, they typically explained where they thought we went wrong, allowing us to learn their perspective.  I also recall PURPL asking before they posted replays on the forums.  Those are admirable moves.

Good luck with recruitment and I hope a mod is able to clean this up.  Looks like we may have some clean up on our end as well. 

Haha. I guess we do have our better days, and – as always – respect those who respect us. o7! :B

Winning isn't everything—but wanting to win is.” ~ Vince Lombardi Jr.

“What does it mean to be the best? It means you have to be better than the number two guy. But what gratification is there in that? He's a loser—that’s why he's number two.” ~ Jarod Kintz

Stats (WoTB Stars) |><| Check out my YouTube Channel for gameplay vids, Map Directionality guides, and more!

svk7 #83 Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21732 battles

And also, as Dr_Vladimir_Putin (my deputy) and I distinctly recall from our clan chat from earlier on in the room, GFStocks was bragging about "[he] was doing cocaine before half of PURPL was born" (if he is including me in that number, that means for over 22 years now), suggesting that if he has continued his habit maybe he was in an "elevated state of mind" in dealing with all this.

Winning isn't everything—but wanting to win is.” ~ Vince Lombardi Jr.

“What does it mean to be the best? It means you have to be better than the number two guy. But what gratification is there in that? He's a loser—that’s why he's number two.” ~ Jarod Kintz

Stats (WoTB Stars) |><| Check out my YouTube Channel for gameplay vids, Map Directionality guides, and more!

Ksftwe #84 Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Post_34, on 18 June 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

as for the OP, I hope you guys do well with recruitment, even though this thread is quite marred. I also hope this doesn't damage the relationship between PURPL and 501ST as he was in our clan at the time of these posts. i did not realize he was acting in such a way

No. On the contrary, your immediate attention to this issue proves your competence as a clan leader. No harm meant, no harm done.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

HESHSlingingSplasher #85 Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18190 battles
  • [NRF]
Thank you to all 501 who are trying to help out. We appreciate the manner you guys have undertaken in this situation. Nothing was damaged but on the contrary, we know we have people to rely on. 

ImSchatten #86 Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11428 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 18 June 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

I was part of nearly every CW battle between PURPL and 501st, and they always had ample players.  I appreciated that when we lost, they typically explained where they thought we went wrong, allowing us to learn their perspective.  I also recall PURPL asking before they posted replays on the forums.  Those are admirable moves. 

Thank you very much, sir. We appreciate the support and importance of good manners that the 501st hold :)

Herodotus4 #87 Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22364 battles
  • [SRT_]
The funny thing about this whole event is that purpl will come out of it looking better, gg on not feeding the troll.

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

Jinx___ #88 Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Pringle And Ready To Single

• Players
  • 23794 battles
  • [_V_]
Welp just got here, this is gonna be good

Colonel_Sanders1 #89 Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8735 battles

I am noob

Edited by Colonel_Sanders1, 30 June 2016 - 01:41 AM.

Oh no

Nuclear_Nachos_21 #90 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9976 battles
  • [BWING]
I'll be good enough soon... If only! Interested in joining though 

A (not so) great player

48% 49% 50%-ish Overall

57% 30 day, 1300-ish average dmg

Favorite Tanks - T34, T54, Obj. 140, Bromwell, ELC, Borsig, AMX 3 75, Toaster, BatChat AP

"Whats a team?"

Also tagged with Purple, Potatoes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users