IS-6 I have disappointed Stalin i cri evertiem how i do dis

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

FlammeumDraco333 #1 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:10 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

So I've had the IS-6 for a while, and I've had a lot of games in it, but my stats are horrible! How do I play this tank?

Sidescrape, wiggle, and play peekaboom? That's what I've been trying to do, but with little success. Please help me!

My consumables loadout is Adrenaline, Multi-Pack, and Repair Kit, and for equipment I've got Vents, Vert Stab, and Rammer. Ammo loadout is 20 AP, 5 APCR, and 5 HE.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

d0ugh_b0y #2 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7226 battles

look up chaos ascending on twitch he doesn’t stream anymore but one of his favorite credit grinding tanks was is-6 look through some of the videos posted best way to learn is watch, then practice

I suggest u also subscribe to DEZ who streams also just ask him to run the tank a couple of times

Or you could toon with someone who can teach you

That how i did it anyway hope i helped

lel

_feelsokman #3 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7822 battles
OMG I love my is6 I am really aggressive in mine, I'll took with you, just add me in game.
DRSI4

Asiaticus #4 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

You might find this helpful.

L1LBunnyFooFoo_ #5 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

• Players
  • 22936 battles
DID U RLLY JUST ASK HOW TO PLAY THE IS6. OMGOAMDADSFUASENDFASDFAEDFAD. play it like you mean it. 

Ammo #6 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30460 battles
  • [CYCLN]

Watch this video, in fact everyone should watch this video and make sure you read the chat, especially the dead tiger. 

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

Gib_Savages #7 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles

I would suggest a bit mor APCR for those hard to reach places. Looks like you have a good mix for consumables and equipment.

So you seem to know exactly what to do, but are not winning. I suggest going over your losses after battle. When did you take damage, how was I positioned, where was i on the map, how did I die. Learn to not repeat your mistakes. Because you seem to know the score.

__bloodthirsty__ #8 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26122 battles
  • [TWP]
I play my friends is-6.  I use 10 AP 17 APCR and 3 HE

T-62A > Obj 140  

Due to a troll on our server who has been banned about 5 times ( he uses proxy to get back in ) please PM me if you want the server link for the TWP clans discord server.  

ADD ARTY

" I went around the corner too fast in my hellcat kv-2 said hi " ~ Zennosha

acrisis #9 Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21026 battles
  • [III-C]

The trouble is, the IS6 is seeing more viii and ix tanks these days that can run circles around it.

My WR has been falling by the week or month in it.

I'll run it few times but I'm losing more than winning. Ran it twice today. One bad game. Steamroll loss.  One game 4k dmg. 4 reds left. Dead. Lost again. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Sethroskull #10 Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62603 battles
  • [GLDG]
Yeah I watched both videos, very helpful.  I have recently started losing in mine as well.  Thought I had it figured out.  I actually have trouble with fighting IS-6s...they seem to have no trouble penning me though.  Really frustrating lately.

Tier 10 - E-100, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 268

Tier 9 - E-75, IS-8, M103, ST-I, Obj. 704, T-54

Full Stats -  http://www.blitzstar...com/sethroskull

plasticrobotshoes #11 Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7701 battles

View Postacrisis, on 21 February 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

The trouble is, the IS6 is seeing more viii and ix tanks these days that can run circles around it.

My WR has been falling by the week or month in it.

I'll run it few times but I'm losing more than winning. Ran it twice today. One bad game. Steamroll loss.  One game 4k dmg. 4 reds left. Dead. Lost again. 

I'm pretty new to the IS-6 and really enjoy it. I've only had it since the +1/-1 has been in place, which (for the moment) negates its premium match making. I would imagine this means its sees more tier 9 tanks because it can't see any tier 6's. My win rate is below average in the tank, but I think that is just me...

I don't mind the current match making, but what I have noticed is whenever I am in a tier 9 game, without premium time, I loose a lot of credits, sometime up to -30k. I speculate that higher win rates were easier and the tank earned better credits when it saw tier 6's. I load out 2 HE, and half APCR / AP. I run adrenaline, multi pack, and rations. 

I know this tank is not as good of a credit earner because of its low pen gun and the need to shoot prammo at higher tiers. However, if the +1 /-1 match making is going to be put into effect permanently, then buffing its credit earning potential will help pay for the need to shoot so much prammo.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 21 February 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

So I've had the IS-6 for a while, and I've had a lot of games in it, but my stats are horrible! How do I play this tank?

The posted videos definitely helped me. I also checked out Bushka's video on the IS-3 for ideas on how to use the gun since they are similar (obviously the armor on the two tanks are completely different). 

IRH - Deputy Officer

Three60Mafia #12 Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13087 battles
Drive forward, give zero care. Shoot at everything.

However, -1\+1 really did kill this tank. At tier 9 you are easy prey for anything that moves, when any enterprising tier 9 medium will melt you in seconds.

vs

Not Angling

Basically, by being at an angle in top image, your overall weakspot area is much smaller and harder to hit, as long as you don't overexpose your side. 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

General_Patton_US_ #13 Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15660 battles
  • [GLXY]
Like everyone else said, play it aggressively. Try to be a little passive in higher tier games. I've started to flank in it when it's a tier 9 game, which results in a good amount of damage done if the enemy doesn't have a T-54. 

Spekulatius #14 Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32625 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postplasticrobotshoes, on 29 February 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm pretty new to the IS-6 and really enjoy it. I've only had it since the +1/-1 has been in place, which (for the moment) negates its premium match making. I would imagine this means its sees more tier 9 tanks because it can't see any tier 6's. My win rate is below average in the tank, but I think that is just me...

I don't mind the current match making, but what I have noticed is whenever I am in a tier 9 game, without premium time, I loose a lot of credits, sometime up to -30k. I speculate that higher win rates were easier and the tank earned better credits when it saw tier 6's. I load out 2 HE, and half APCR / AP. I run adrenaline, multi pack, and rations. 

I know this tank is not as good of a credit earner because of its low pen gun and the need to shoot prammo at higher tiers. However, if the +1 /-1 match making is going to be put into effect permanently, then buffing its credit earning potential will help pay for the need to shoot so much prammo.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

The posted videos definitely helped me. I also checked out Bushka's video on the IS-3 for ideas on how to use the gun since they are similar (obviously the armor on the two tanks are completely different). 

The IS-3 top gun has much better one than the IS-6, so they are not comparable and neither is the armor. The IS-6 is fairly unique in it's stats Imo.

I also have problems to generate a substantial amount of credits in this tank, due to being forced to use more prammo. WG will need to address the implicit nerf that occurred due to the -1/+1 MM for premium tanks like the T-59, AT-15A and IS-6.

Community pledge signer

Player_5773117413 #15 Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]
I'll also add this, use the is6 as a trainer for the ST1 and IS4 that I'm guessing you'll soon have (going off your sig). The hull layout is very simlar between these three tanks. They all have that threefold front and the angled sides and so on.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Agent_Washngton #16 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6179 battles
Don't frontally sidescrape because when you angle your tank, the frontal cheek plates on the hull of your IS6 is angled a lot less and it's quite a big surface to snipe at. What i do a lot in this tank and it gives me great results even against gold ammo is Reverse Sidescraping.  You basically sidescrape making your turret at the back like a VK 45.02 B. Your rear is hidden behind an obstacle and is your doing it right, you will have 300+ mm of effective armour. Wiggle your turret, face hug and wiggle your hall as well in a brawl. I prefer using the seccond gun because of better pennatration I can make more money firing less HEAT and default ammo is APCR, great shell velocity so that's great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users