What is it with people's obsession for the stupid ******* bridge?!?!?

Falls Creek Bridge Cap

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Three60Mafia #21 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13087 battles
Noobs always go places where they have to not think about. 

That's why morons drive to town on Black Goldville---you just spawned next to it, so why not just drive forward. 

Bridge on Falls Creek - well it is right in front of me, why won't i just drive there. 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

___ez_e___ #22 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63900 battles
  • [GORT]

I don't know why anyone goes to bridge anymore.

I can't tell you how many times I made the mistake of going to the bridge and only to lose because my team could not get to cap fast enough.

The worst part is many times your team has the numbers, but just can't get to cap fast enough.

No bridge!

Oralflame #23 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18525 battles
  • [_TRAP]

View Postcheasesteak, on 25 February 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

That could actually be a good idea if half your team didn't follow you to bridge once they see you go.

i yell Base a lot. And say I'm just spotting bridge, bot for people to follow.

johnmatthewkeogh #24 Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16648 battles

In the vein of the "one or two" covering the bridge, its hilarious when say 5 tanks on a team try to take the bridge and get held off by those two, or else the two inflict such a huge damage toll that the tanks with the superior number are all left as one shot kills.

popisdead #25 Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21186 battles
  • [ATC_]

hahaha no kidding.  I once won by capping, with the other 13 tanks at the bridge and as the clock ticked 100 a guy with 20,000 games msgd "what a lame way to win".  <shakes head>

Just call out "ignore noob-bridge, let's win this" and you might see some players changing their tune.

I love kemping bush

cheasesteak #26 Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23092 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postpopisdead, on 25 February 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

hahaha no kidding.  I once won by capping, with the other 13 tanks at the bridge and as the clock ticked 100 a guy with 20,000 games msgd "what a lame way to win".  <shakes head>

Just call out "ignore noob-bridge, let's win this" and you might see some players changing their tune.

Did that once.  In a Churchill of all things.  Got a Raider for my efforts.  Just rolled into cap, parked behind the building, and waited. 

All your base are belong to us.

1Astien #27 Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15798 battles

As much as I dislike the idea of having a cap point on these small maps, I do realize that certain maps, this one in particular, tend to lend themselves to rushing cap and defending from that point. This, however, raises another issue with said tactic, and that is that those who aren't team players, the solo guy, the camper, the suicide runner, etc., etc., who happen to follow the group to cap, will hold fast in their ways interfering with those who are actually trying. They may take choice defensive positions only to die there, park behind you while you're in need of that room to duck behind cover, continually bump you throwing off your aim (my most frustrating instance), or just sit on cap doing nothing, no cover, no shots taken, generally an easy kill for red. 

With that, on this particular map I do one of two things, defend the bridge short term, even if I'm solo there. This tends to tie up key red players for a time as well as lights them up for potential snipes from those near cap. If the bridge has no enemy on the other side, or a few I know I can take, I'll do so and flank from there. I have no issues with being ko'ed in this situation. The other thing I may do, depending on the vehicle, is to let those capping light up the enemy attempting to do the same, allowing me to snipe from unmolested cover I've mentioned above. As long as I'm participating in cap defense in this situation, there should be no issues. And yes, some may call this camping, but my definition of a camper is "one who waits for a shot and doesn't move to create one", especially if you're in a vehicle designed for that. This is something that's not in me, most of the time. 

All of of this is dependent on teir and the type of tank im in at the time and how I feel ill be most useful for the team and how they're setting up. Most times, as has been mentioned here, the teams haven't a clue so no matter what you do will be in vain unless you can carry.

Edited by 1Astien, 25 February 2016 - 05:37 PM.

cheasesteak #28 Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23092 battles
  • [COD-R]

It would be cool to have stats for WR by map.  Then I could have a better idea if I have half a clue about the best way to play a particular map.

_JenniferAniston #29 Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 29094 battles
In the event there is a stupid lemming train to bridge and you can't get your team to listen you have to yolo blast thru bridge as fast as possible. Unfortunately, you will take a ton of damage doing so if there is the lone TD but hopefully it moves your team and avoids the protracted pot shot fight and gets the greens moving forward.

___DEAN #30 Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

~=(C/A=|Republic=~

• Players
  • 27136 battles
  • [DD-VP]
I find it very entertaining to go bridge at lower tiers where you can scare the crap out of the newbies. It is a fun change of pace. I'll sometimes try new things just to change it up, and it works surprisingly well. I'm not saying its good to go bridge, but sometimes changing it up is nice. 

Tanks:

Also tagged with Falls Creek, Bridge, Cap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users