Tier 9 - E-75, IS-8, M103, ST-I, Obj. 704, T-54

Full Stats -  http://www.blitzstar...com/sethroskull

XXX_Corps #22 Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 73906 battles
  • [TNK_U]

View PostBaranov, on 29 February 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

I have waited forever for this tank and what a drag. The idea of one of these slow but powerful hunks is that--knowing that at any time were you to be trapped against ANY single tank you will watch, powerless, as they loop your vehicle and beat you senseless--you get those few gleeful shots of revenge when the chance comes to unleash a well-timed shot from a distance or within a crowd.

Forget it. You'll get no better performance here than with one of the typical tanks, and all the misery of living in a slug.

Too bad for anti-tank fans.

Who backed this off? Yes, the hits hurt. But those few shots are all we have. Now those aren't even worth the trouble as they seldom do any real damage.

Advice? Make this tank worth the effort of getting one, and give it enough punch to make up for ohhhh so much humiliation.

Get yourself some binoculars and a camo net. Find yourself a cozy spot and be patient and pick people off from a far distance.

M1AbramsCommander #23 Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17702 battles
After seeing your stats, This thread is completely useless. Complaining about how bad the 704 is with a 42 WR.:facepalm:

Proud Owner of an AR-15 and M18 Hellcat!

My NoobTube Channel: https://www.youtube....ZpLHfMxQAY-ARLQ

Tankiller14 #24 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11614 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Lol this guy bought the gold out of the Russian TD line, seems like your parents have a lot of $$ :D

Edited by Tankiller14, 20 March 2016 - 11:11 PM.

Baranov #25 Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [TWW]

...so the complaint has no merit?  This assumes, of course, that all of your stats. on the same equipment meet these standards? I am telling you, the machine needs help. 

I DO look forward to seeing you shining stats.--in this machine, without support from your clan....

B.

JESUSLuvsYou #26 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8326 battles

View PostBaranov, on 12 April 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

...so the complaint has no merit?  This assumes, of course, that all of your stats. on the same equipment meet these standards? I am telling you, the machine needs help. 

I DO look forward to seeing you shining stats.--in this machine, without support from your clan....

B.

Yea everyone's stats here are much better, looking at your stats I'd say every single tank you've played needs a buff.

http://www.wotbstars...&geo=NA&lng=eng

These are my stats I'm a decent player, as are most ppl that commented, now compare them to yours

Baranov #27 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [TWW]

View PostmaxxRADD, on 13 April 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yea everyone's stats here are much better, looking at your stats I'd say every single tank you've played needs a buff.

http://www.wotbstars...&geo=NA&lng=eng

These are my stats I'm a decent player, as are most ppl that commented, now compare them to yours

I appreciate this. I am baffled somewhat, though, as so often am left 'high and dry' by my team, as these tanks defend themselves so poorly 1-1.

B.

Edited by Baranov, 13 April 2016 - 01:29 AM.

JESUSLuvsYou #28 Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8326 battles

View PostBaranov, on 13 April 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

I appreciate this. I am baffled somewhat, though, as so often am left 'high and dry' by my team, as these tanks defend themselves so poorly 1-1.

B.

thats true really can't do much about that, just some of the ppl that play this game

Spectora #29 Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21694 battles

View PostBaranov, on 29 February 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

I have waited forever for this tank and what a drag. The idea of one of these slow but powerful hunks is that--knowing that at any time were you to be trapped against ANY single tank you will watch, powerless, as they loop your vehicle and beat you senseless--you get those few gleeful shots of revenge when the chance comes to unleash a well-timed shot from a distance or within a crowd.

Forget it. You'll get no better performance here than with one of the typical tanks, and all the misery of living in a slug.

Too bad for anti-tank fans.

Who backed this off? Yes, the hits hurt. But those few shots are all we have. Now those aren't even worth the trouble as they seldom do any real damage.

Advice? Make this tank worth the effort of getting one, and give it enough punch to make up for ohhhh so much humiliation.

I'm a good player but the Object 704 left a big yellow stain on my Wotbstars account.

PNCR is OP

​Nobody knows who I really am. OG as OG can get. 

batteriesincluded #30 Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17521 battles

View Postchessredpanda, on 28 February 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Only above 7% of NA.Try to play an easier line.The Obj268 one is kind of hard.

LOL! 

Baranov #31 Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [TWW]

Bought it again, dumped it again. It has neither the explosive ammo option large enough to damage level 10's or the speed /penetration ammo (stock) to keep it alive against the big 10s. In short, this tank is a rip-off on every level. And don't start yipping about my stats. That's chicken-and-egg stuff, as you die when the tank sucks I don't care who you are, and most of you have not played this tank so save it. I am upset. 350 xp and 6 million Trumps for what? What a waste. But WOT got theirs, so who cares. I want to see the stats. from those with real time on this tank who can call it worth the price.

The most expensive tank in the game--bar none--and its a dud when stacked against the beef it has to survive against. Just sayin.

So when it comes to the obj. 268 don't waste your time.

b.

wannabeunicum #32 Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50277 battles
  • [-MM]

http://wotbstars.com...?lng=eng&geo=NA

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

you are bad

Stop telling us to stop looking at stats.

It is not a bad tank. Look at tank averages and it has a 53 winrate. By all status it more looks like a tank in need of a nerf then a buff

The problem is also you

IT DID get a buff recently to improve its traverse.

It will beat any tank it sees if both stand still and plus u have op pen and the enemy might bounce of your troll armor

Edited by wannabeunicum, 13 July 2016 - 03:21 PM.

Three60Mafia #33 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13116 battles

Just drive forward and punch people in faces with BL-10. 

The thing is mobile, well armored and packs a punch. Drive behind your heavies and 1-2 combo punch enemy tanks. 

But also, stop sucking. 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

Baranov #34 Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [TWW]

View PostThree60Mafia, on 13 July 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Just drive forward and punch people in faces with BL-10. 

The thing is mobile, well armored and packs a punch. Drive behind your heavies and 1-2 combo punch enemy tanks. 

But also, stop sucking. 

Not sure how to respond to these comments except as follows:

First of all, I do not 'suck'. I play. This is a game that I play. The suggestion that I have to fine tune my skills to your level in order to have concerns about the products here is b.s., however. As a business your response is to show me the mean ? Besides this flying in the face of that old customer-is-right war-horse, you do not make money off the mean; your profit comes from the high end players and the newbies who survive not off of skill but off of gold. I could care less about either the mean, or, for that matter, the pro-shop dorks who fill these pages with their swagger. What matters to me is MY playing experience, and I am telling you that after hundreds of $ and at least as many hours getting that big tank was supposed to be cool. Instead I'd have been better off not spending any of it and sticking to a level I ("of course, say the dorks--that's what we've been saying"); but level 1 tanks are free, and playing them brings in little to the coffers (a good reason not to listen to the dorks, btw, as they have an entirely different motivation).

Maybe you need tanks for graduated levels of play, so beginners can still spend a bunch, shoot a big gun, and have fun, while those that have developed their skills play at a higher lever with more complex machinery. I don't know. That is for you to figure out. You're being nicely paid to do that.

As for me? I'm done ("yeah", cry the dorks--"one less noob!").

But from the business side, the $1000.00 I would have spent 'sucking' over the next few moths will go somewhere else, thank you. Too bad, as I enjoyed this game, or sport, or science? Yes, there it really is, right.  Not a lot of tank 'scientists' out there, though. And this noob enjoyed it as a game. As for fine tuning my skills--to hell with that. Real life demands that of me. Here is where I used to play for fun.

Signing off,

b.

Three60Mafia #35 Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13116 battles

View PostBaranov, on 13 July 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

First of all, I do not 'suck'. I play. This is a game that I play. The suggestion that I have to fine tune my skills to your level in order to have concerns about the products here is b.s., however. As a business your response is to show me the mean ? Besides this flying in the face of that old customer-is-right war-horse, you do not make money off the mean; your profit comes from the high end players and the newbies who survive not off of skill but off of gold. I could care less about either the mean, or, for that matter, the pro-shop dorks who fill these pages with their swagger. What matters to me is MY playing experience, and I am telling you that after hundreds of $ and at least as many hours getting that big tank was supposed to be cool. Instead I'd have been better off not spending any of it and sticking to a level I ("of course, say the dorks--that's what we've been saying"); but level 1 tanks are free, and playing them brings in little to the coffers (a good reason not to listen to the dorks, btw, as they have an entirely different motivation).

Maybe you need tanks for graduated levels of play, so beginners can still spend a bunch, shoot a big gun, and have fun, while those that have developed their skills play at a higher lever with more complex machinery. I don't know. That is for you to figure out. You're being nicely paid to do that.

But from the business side, the $1000.00 I would have spent 'sucking' over the next few moths will go somewhere else, thank you. Too bad, as I enjoyed this game, or sport, or science? Yes, there it really is, right.  Not a lot of tank 'scientists' out there, though. And this noob enjoyed it as a game. As for fine tuning my skills--to hell with that. Real life demands that of me. Here is where I used to play for fun.

Signing off,

b.

Guess what, you can have a good life AND be good at a game. You don't really have a high moral ground here. I'm 29, have two degrees and full time job with a 2 hour commute each way. 

I don't much time to play the game either. Only 8000 games in 2 years. But when I do get the chance, I make sure I do my best. 

You seem to be content with mediocrity. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 13 July 2016 - 08:01 PM.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

Ksftwe #36 Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26899 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostBaranov, on 13 July 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Signing off,

b.

You're bad at the game. Which is fine, not everybody plays for stats. Nobody's demanding you get better or else. We just request you stop blaming your poor performance on the tank, and realize that it's all you.

Because you're bad at the game.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

wannabeunicum #37 Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50277 battles
  • [-MM]

View PostBaranov, on 13 July 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

Signing off,

b.

We aren't a buisness lol WE aren't advertising anything Infact we told you NOT TO SPEND MONEY

ahredstealth #38 Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBaranov, on 13 July 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

The suggestion that I have to fine tune my skills to your level in order to have concerns about the products here is b.s., however. 

As a business your response is to show me the mean ?

Besides this flying in the face of that old customer-is-right war-horse, you do not make money off the mean; your profit comes from the high end players and the newbies who survive not off of skill but off of gold.

I am telling you that after hundreds of $ and at least as many hours getting that big tank was supposed to be cool.

level 1 tanks are free, and playing them brings in little to the coffers (a good reason not to listen to the dorks, btw, as they have an entirely different motivation).

But from the business side, the $1000.00 I would have spent 'sucking' over the next few moths will go somewhere else, thank you. 

I've pulled out a few things here because I'm honestly curious.

Mostly, I think you are stating that you want a Pay to Win Game.  Simply put, that is not blitz...  And it's a big reason why Blitz is so popular.  People know that even if you don't spend money you still stand a chance.  That is especially true in higher tiers.  9 and 10 offer no tanks that you can simply "Buy."  You have to convert free XP and unlock them.  If you are looking for a pay to win game, you are correct in your assumption that you have wasted your money and time.

Next, who are you talking to about "job?"  You have not had a single person from WarGaming comment in this thread who is actually a WarGaming employee.  If you would like to have someone from WarGaming respond to you with 100% certainty, you would either need to PM a moderator, or send in a Ticket.  Either can be accomplished with the tools at the top of the page.

Everyone else here is also a customer, including myself...  So stating that you feel you have any more right to something then another customer is... well... silly, because you have no idea how much I or others have spent on the game in the last three months, let alone since the game started.

Your point about the separated levels is interesting, and could be something you should follow up on, expand, and propose in another thread, but others have also tried to formulate some way for this to work, and most of the time they struggle with the mechanics of making the system work...

Finally, they are not telling you to go back to tier 1 because they are dorks.  They are telling you to drop down in tiers because the skill set of the average player is lower as you go down in tiers, and you will have more peers with the same skill level as yourself...  Then work on that skill level and as you increase your abilities, you will be more adequately prepared for the next tiers' skill sets... and up and up as you work your way through the game.

You are looking for an up up down down left right left right A B A B select start code to auto-win, and in this game it simply doesn't exist.  Try Iron Force...  but don't expect the game play to be as good.

Edited by ahredstealth, 13 July 2016 - 09:06 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Baranov #39 Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [TWW]

Well, what can I say but sorry for the tantrum.

Ultimately the way the game is now set up is like school in the US--it progresses, essentially, from tier I to X--and the tanks do too to a degree. Taking into account both the ever-expanding player skill level and tank advancement complexity is a pretty enormous task, but an uneven one, as while the tanks arguably advance at a predictable rate, skill level--as in school, unfortunately for many--progresses unevenly, as skill level becomes not a reflection of the tank per se but of the individual. So, skill variation, by level X, is all over the map--a factor fueled even more by the opportunity to buy premium vehicles and, at least as skill level is concerned, 'take cuts' into the skill development progression, creating a pretty interesting mess by level X  that underlies much--if not most--of the discussions in the forum currently. Seriously, its MIT grads. skill-wise vs. kindergarteners on the same field of battle: relatively randomly selected (within the limits of the tiers). (Loving the picture of five-year-olds in level X tanks).

And then I come along, low on skill and high in investment of time and cash, expecting 'coolness' and getting my fill of instituted frustration.

There are basically two solutions to the problem. The first? Keep all as it is but attach skill level to tier progression, so that no one goes on until they have tank, xp, AND ability. This has obvious advantages and disadvantages. The advantage? Only the best make it to the top, so you fight against folks who, by the current system, 'belong there' (and poor saps who don't stay safely away).. The disadvantage? If these folks play the lower tiers they mess up the system (MIT grads. v. kindergartners again, but in reverse).

The second solution is to break up the grid, say, into four or five classes (tier I - II, tier III-IV, or whatever), with the idea that skill-wise? Each class begins at skill 'zero'/beginner' and advances those couple of tiers. This allows new players to jump in wherever they choose--increasing customer choice and ideally, satisfaction--depending on 'how big they want their tank to be' (couldn't resist). Each class progresses like option 1, but is short and therefore remains (and kind-of highlights?) the unique idiosyncrasies of a particular tank class across the nations.  Because it restarts at each class--though this would take some thinking and planning--individual skill would start at least somewhat from scratch at each class. Moreover, 'graduates' of that class could play the high side of the class but a) would be dubbed as such and be balanced in the choosing of battle teams, and could even earn rank within the class (i.e., watch out for officers because they will kick your a ss).  Still, this makes newcomers AND old-timers happy because you now have a better way of designating individuals by skill level and as such, in choosing teams; and because you allow folks to jump in where they will, etc. according to class. You still make $ by charging for entry into the higher classes, either by gold (for those who start there), or by a combination of xp, etc. for those who 'graduate' up (or across, right?) from another class.

Again, sorry for the fit.  As for the size of your tank? I have two degrees, too, and am writing the thesis from hell for the last one (curriculum & instruction, of course).

apologies,

Baranov.

Edited by Baranov, 14 July 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Praeceladon #40 Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19234 battles

No its definitely you. All your stats are bad, your best tank is the t26. Honestly you shouldnt be playing above tier 2 because it looks like you have no idea what youre doing in any of those tanks to be honest. Youd have more fun at tier 1 or tier 2 where you can kill 7 people without trying and learn how to play thr first stages of each line before you proceed to higher tanks. Personally its hard to go wrong with the 38na or pz3. Super fun low tanks that  urder everything with no real skill investment.

That aside bad mobility on the tank destroyers is one of the only punishments for playing generally overpowered russian scrub wagons. And even then they keep buffing russian td mobility to the point a jpanther cant circle them anymore which is a travesty by itself.

But the issue here isnt the tank, its operator error. You are right about skill locking tanks tho. I cant tell you how many bad players ive reported for fighting above their weight in tiers they dont belong in but unfortunately wargamming wont ban bad players. Their response is "we have mo current or future plans to limit players from tiers based on skill level" dont remember if thats verbatim or not but its awful. So many 20-30%ers im tier ten that should honestly just be barred from tens.

Edited by Praeceladon, 14 July 2016 - 11:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users