Jump to content


I wanna be popular


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

AkagiTachibana #1 Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18764 battles
  • 1,690
  • [IRH]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

Why is it if i post something positive like a good match or gameplay, i get very little replies except from a few. Yet, if i post some thing negative like a complaint, or something i dont like, i get all the replies. 

 

I want to be the guy who has alot of friends who i can talk and play with in wot. Not just get attention when i am mad. 

 

I am slowy making friends on forums but i want to platoon with them  too! 

 

Sorry just had to put that out speak my mind ehe;;;;


"Strike swift As lightning!"

Silevern #2 Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:43 PM

    To Valhalla! Witness me!

  • Players
  • 17628 battles
  • 4,524
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

What you need is a Tactical Memes and Insults Vest

 



DysfunctionalDiversion #3 Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:47 PM

    I throw games so you don't have to carry.

  • Players
  • 14698 battles
  • 2,281
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostSilevern, on 07 March 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

What you need is a Tactical Memes and Insults Vest

 

[snip]

I lol'ed


"I try too hard... to not try at all."

PURPL + Weeb


EvenSteven98 #4 Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:06 AM

    #1 Topic Killer

  • Players
  • 45987 battles
  • 685
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
People tend to be attracted to negativity.

 


Aivris #5 Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

IMO, popularity and the number of replies that you get on a thread are independent events. You can be extremely popular, but post a 'bland' thread which doesn't inspire much discussion from others. On the other hand, you can be posting on the forums for the first time, and you post a controversial topic like adding artillery to Blitz. This can attract a lot of (mostly negative) attention.

 

When you make posts about good matches and gameplay, people tend to congratulate you. But there's not much to discuss except for maybe the details of the match. However, posting complaints about something that you don't like is opinionated, and more players are willing to join in on the discussion whether they agree or disagree with your point of view.

 

Both with making friends and platooning, sometimes you just need to take the initiative.

 

Overall, you should just be who you want to be, and post what you want to post. It may not attract a lot of attention, and it may not help you make lots of friends. But the friendships that you do form by being yourself are stronger and long-lasting because those people view you for who you are. I'd much rather have a few close friends/platoon-mates than a large amount of 'friends' who I don't know much about at all.

 



zucccccccccc #6 Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13963 battles
  • 1,437
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 07 March 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

IMO, popularity and the number of replies that you get on a thread are independent events. You can be extremely popular, but post a 'bland' thread which doesn't inspire much discussion from others. On the other hand, you can be posting on the forums for the first time, and you post a controversial topic like adding artillery to Blitz. This can attract a lot of (mostly negative) attention.

 

When you make posts about good matches and gameplay, people tend to congratulate you. But there's not much to discuss except for maybe the details of the match. However, posting complaints about something that you don't like is opinionated, and more players are willing to join in on the discussion whether they agree or disagree with your point of view.

 

Both with making friends and platooning, sometimes you just need to take the initiative.

 

Overall, you should just be who you want to be, and post what you want to post. It may not attract a lot of attention, and it may not help you make lots of friends. But the friendships that you do form by being yourself are stronger and long-lasting because those people view you for who you are. I'd much rather have a few close friends/platoon-mates than a large amount of 'friends' who I don't know much about at all.

 

 


Ping Highscore: > 6 billion

I'm so good, I broke the Medium 1 damage record

 


LAPPELduvide #7 Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

    PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

  • Players
  • 24316 battles
  • 7,049
  • [ANEKI]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 07 March 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

IMO, popularity and the number of replies that you get on a thread are independent events. You can be extremely popular, but post a 'bland' thread which doesn't inspire much discussion from others. On the other hand, you can be posting on the forums for the first time, and you post a controversial topic like adding artillery to Blitz. This can attract a lot of (mostly negative) attention.

 

When you make posts about good matches and gameplay, people tend to congratulate you. But there's not much to discuss except for maybe the details of the match. However, posting complaints about something that you don't like is opinionated, and more players are willing to join in on the discussion whether they agree or disagree with your point of view.

 

Both with making friends and platooning, sometimes you just need to take the initiative.

 

Overall, you should just be who you want to be, and post what you want to post. It may not attract a lot of attention, and it may not help you make lots of friends. But the friendships that you do form by being yourself are stronger and long-lasting because those people view you for who you are. I'd much rather have a few close friends/platoon-mates than a large amount of 'friends' who I don't know much about at all.

 

 

or you can be DD and make every post "Hot" when you comment on it. He's the Dark Flame Master. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 


flamingsword1 #8 Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10729 battles
  • 1,367
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015

Easy: Start throwing out money and friends will flock to you :trollface:

 

In all seriousness, the way to get at least well known is with time. Get yourself known as a regular here and people to recognise you and you end up with a reputaion. To be brutaly honest: good stats are almost always nessesary. Unless you have good stats forumers brush you aside (not everyone, but you know it's true, it's the internet). Being in recognisable clans help too.

 

Of course the only way to be really "popular" is to be a superunicum that's been around since really early on. Being a content makers or community contributor, such as the youtubers helps.

 

But hey, that's just the machiavellian approach (yeah I've been studying him in history lol)


Edited by flamingsword1, 08 March 2016 - 01:06 AM.

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 


66_75_63_6b_20_79_6f_75 #9 Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:30 AM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,795
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Popularity is easy. 

Watch a politician on TV. 

Tell everyone they are the best, even if they are not.

Tell everyone they look good, even if they dont.

Tell everyone they are special, even if they are not.

Tell everyone they are interesting, even if they are not.

Pander to the dullard masses.

Spam endless, useless threads; full of dumb, dumber and dumberest content.

Post some troll memes, throw in a few "I cri", "Kemp Bush".

When you see certain Posters, Forum villains, jump on the band wagon when they get attacked.

Make sure at some point you blame USCUM for all the game/forum problems. 

Point out how dumb noobs bring back Necro threads.

Put a girl, pony or dancing pic for Profile.

Follow the above tips and you will be as unique as everyone else.

I have given you the perfect opportunity to start the road to popularity.

Just wait for a few minutes. 

 

 


Edited by R0CKET, 10 March 2016 - 07:45 PM.


Vsavsa1 #10 Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:31 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7195 battles
  • 634
  • Member since:
    07-25-2014
Just derail some threads, throw in some snappy responses, insult some wallet warriors and overall approach trollness without quite being a troll and you'll get some attention. Or you can always post a super helpful guide reviewing tactics for every map.

Mad Driver. 

Highest Tier: X (E 100)

Lost most of my tanks to Training Rooms. l run a small beer shop in City Life rooms for silver.


Silevern #11 Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:32 AM

    To Valhalla! Witness me!

  • Players
  • 17628 battles
  • 4,524
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostR0CKET, on 07 March 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Popularity is easy. 

Watch a politician on TV. 

Tell everyone they are the best, even if they are not.

Tell everyone they look good, even if they dont.

Tell everyone they are special, even if they are not.

Tell everyone they are interesting, even if they are not.

Pander to the dullard masses.

Post some troll memes, throw in a few "I cri", "Kemp Bush".

When you see certain Posters, Forum villains, jump on the band wagon when they get attacked.

Make sure at some point you blame USCUM for all the game/forum problems. 

Point out how dumb noobs bring back Necro threads.

Put a girl, pony or dancing pic for Profile. + anime character

Follow the above tips and you will be as unique as everyone else.

I have given you the perfect opportunity to start the road to popularity.

Just wait for a few minutes. 

 

 

 



DysfunctionalDiversion #12 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

    I throw games so you don't have to carry.

  • Players
  • 14698 battles
  • 2,281
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostZennosha, on 08 March 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

 

or you can be DD and make every post "Hot" when you comment on it. He's the Dark Flame Master. 


"I try too hard... to not try at all."

PURPL + Weeb


gibsocy #13 Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22566 battles
  • 209
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View Postflamingsword1, on 07 March 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

Easy: Start throwing out money and friends will flock to you :trollface:

 

In all seriousness, the way to get at least well known is with time. Get yourself known as a regular here and people to recognise you and you end up with a reputaion. To be brutaly honest: good stats are almost always nessesary. Unless you have good stats forumers brush you aside (not everyone, but you know it's true, it's the internet). Being in recognisable clans help too.

 

Of course the only way to be really "popular" is to be a superunicum that's been around since really early on. Being a content makers or community contributor, such as the youtubers helps.

 

But hey, that's just the machiavellian approach (yeah I've been studying him in history lol)

 

Not to derail the thread, but I'm not certain which Machiavelli you are referencing.  If you honestly meant Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli, then perhaps you should read, or reread, The Prince.  Nothing in your statement strikes me as classically Machiavellian at all.

 

However, if you were referencing Frank Machiavelli from Jersey, then carry-on, I yield to your insight. 

 

Other than that Rocket's got it about right.  Except that his first four "Tell" lines has been used exactly the opposite way by Mr. Trump to equal success.  However OP, that may not work out as well for you as I believe you need to inherit roughly $200 million from your father to pull it off.  If you have, GG.

 


tlouie #14 Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:13 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View Postgibsocy, on 07 March 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

 

Not to derail the thread, but I'm not certain which Machiavelli you are referencing.  If you honestly meant Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli, then perhaps you should read, or reread, The Prince.  Nothing in your statement strikes me as classically Machiavellian at all.

 

However, if you were referencing Frank Machiavelli from Jersey, then carry-on, I yield to your insight. 

 

Other than that Rocket's got it about right.  Except that his first four "Tell" lines has been used exactly the opposite way by Mr. Trump to equal success.  However OP, that may not work out as well for you as I believe you need to inherit roughly $200 million from your father to pull it off.  If you have, GG.

 

 

Better to have forumers fear you than love you.  For they will love you when it suits them.  But if they fear you, they will fear you on your terms.

 

But above all else, never have them hate you.  Lady Fortuna never favors those who are hated by forumers. She funny that way.

 

 

PS. Amirite?  She loves hip slang, so throw those in, yo!


Edited by tlouie, 08 March 2016 - 03:14 AM.


flamingsword1 #15 Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10729 battles
  • 1,367
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015

View Postgibsocy, on 07 March 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

 

Not to derail the thread, but I'm not certain which Machiavelli you are referencing.  If you honestly meant Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli, then perhaps you should read, or reread, The Prince.  Nothing in your statement strikes me as classically Machiavellian at all.

 

However, if you were referencing Frank Machiavelli from Jersey, then carry-on, I yield to your insight. 

 

Other than that Rocket's got it about right.  Except that his first four "Tell" lines has been used exactly the opposite way by Mr. Trump to equal success.  However OP, that may not work out as well for you as I believe you need to inherit roughly $200 million from your father to pull it off.  If you have, GG.

 

 

Yes you're right, refering to The Prince I mean. I don't know of Frank  Machiaveli. I just threw that in becuase my ideas did have a bit of that feel to it (and I wanted some justification so I didn't sound like I was crazy :P

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 


gibsocy #16 Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:06 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22566 battles
  • 209
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View Posttlouie, on 07 March 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

 

Better to have forumers fear you than love you.  For they will love you when it suits them.  But if they fear you, they will fear you on your terms.

 

But above all else, never have them hate you.  Lady Fortuna never favors those who are hated by forumers. She funny that way.

 

 

PS. Amirite?  She loves hip slang, so throw those in, yo!

 

Now we're talking, and yes, Lady Fortuna certainly sides with the forumers whimsy - almost as much as she did with the Medici's. 



af24snipes #17 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10893 battles
  • 3,256
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Post more. A lot more. Enough to make you buy multiple keyboards and get a third arm so you can post more. I've done this, and I sometimes get a hello by some random in a pub. 

 

It's nice to know someone knows I exist ;-;



tlouie #18 Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View Postgibsocy, on 08 March 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

 

Now we're talking, and yes, Lady Fortuna certainly sides with the forumers whimsy - almost as much as she did with the Medici's. 

 

I like Prof. Mary Dietz's interpretation that The Prince was Machiavelli's attempt to undermine the Medicis, by giving them advice that looks persuasive, but will ultimately lead to their downfall.

 

Kind of like leaking copies of The Anarchists Cookbook to ISIS just so that they would accidentally blow themselves up trying to follow the recipes.

 

Brilliant.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users