Match Making Change

match making

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Static_Furies #21 Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6823 battles
Ik when they first released the 2.6 update they asked for feedback on the +1/-1 mm. Well I'm guilty, ik I didn't give my feedback. I've never liked the +2/-2 system but I liked wot so much I put up with it because I liked the game. I'll admit that I've even sunk a decent bit of $$ in this game. I always hoped they would change to a more even mm system, when they did I enjoyed playing so much more. But since they changed it back me and my friends barely play anymore. From what I can tell a lot of others aren't happy either. I'm sure there are a lot of people that reduced or even quit playing this game because of the return of the +2/-2. Wot bring back the +1/-1 and u will have those players back. Can't make money without players to spend it.

zukzazik #22 Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23806 battles
  • [DRIFT]

Basically, with +/-2 match making, about 1/3 of the games are a grudge. I'll play because I said I'd play but it's pointless. If you have a low tier light tank, forget it, you can't even scratch most other tanks, gold slug or not.

The +/- 1 match making made it fun to play lower tiers again, but most importantly, it didn't force you to be a sidekick 1/3 of the time.

CrazyHunter13 #23 Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View PostAXELSCAR, on 09 March 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

Going back to this crap was bad. Im loseing becuase tier 8s dont want to fight tier 10s. So i have to lose my silver and ranks stats becuase this noobs cant play. To all u that are saying its good to have this back give it a little more time. U are going  to wont it to go back to -1/+1 because your stats are going to go down. And u are going to have ask mommy and daddy to buy u some more silver because unlost it all. Think about that.

Sounds like a player that needs to learn his tank better and carry harder. I have little to no trouble fighting tier 9s in my t29

View PostTodd_robertson, on 14 March 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

+/-2 =WOT greed, you're a low tier so they want you to load up on gold to pen the higher tiers.NOT going to work WOT,I'm not going to be bullied into buying gold and I will no longer be lower tier cannon foder!

I instead chose to take a break from this game untill it's +/-1 again.

If not so be it,it was fun while it lasted! Being 2 lower tiers  constantly by MM is not a fun nor is it an enjoyable gaming experience.

GREED ruins everything!

Or you can learn how not to bum rush the enemy like how 1/1 taught you to do and play how the game was meant to be played: with strategic planning and quick adaptability. This is a tank game, not COD. If you're bottom tier, hang back and aim for those tracks, sides and beautiful rears.

View PostStatic_Furies, on 16 March 2016 - 03:25 AM, said:

Ik when they first released the 2.6 update they asked for feedback on the +1/-1 mm. Well I'm guilty, ik I didn't give my feedback. I've never liked the +2/-2 system but I liked wot so much I put up with it because I liked the game. I'll admit that I've even sunk a decent bit of $$ in this game. I always hoped they would change to a more even mm system, when they did I enjoyed playing so much more. But since they changed it back me and my friends barely play anymore. From what I can tell a lot of others aren't happy either. I'm sure there are a lot of people that reduced or even quit playing this game because of the return of the +2/-2. Wot bring back the +1/-1 and u will have those players back. Can't make money without players to spend it.

Good, less taders to worry about

I've noticed that the majority of people who whine about stuff like this, joined game in 2015+

__ErinH__ #24 Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40149 battles

View PostTodd_robertson, on 14 March 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

+/-2 =WOT greed, you're a low tier so they want you to load up on gold to pen the higher tiers.NOT going to work WOT,I'm not going to be bullied into buying gold and I will no longer be lower tier cannon foder!

I instead chose to take a break from this game untill it's +/-1 again.

If not so be it,it was fun while it lasted! Being 2 lower tiers  constantly by MM is not a fun nor is it an enjoyable gaming experience.

GREED ruins everything!

Not the only way the bully!  They intervene in play.  They intervene based on experience and number of battles.  This of course only damages their reputation with long term players....the ones they should be cultivating.  Russians aren't too bright.  

conrad07277 #25 Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1533 battles
  • [KI_NG]
Wot are complete idiots..they new the MM was better at+1..but were loosing there bottom line...they were still making bank..but heh...greed greed greed...also unicum players started sceaming... There egos were getting hurt...lol... Again like greed...it's ego ego ego...can't club as easy...but they will say we had to play a +2 MM.... It's all B.  S..we fans of +1 enjoy closer and more exciting.games..unicum just want to be able to rub one out....lol hahaha..

Rev_ianc_bell #26 Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28908 battles
  • [PRD]

View Postconrad07277, on 29 March 2016 - 05:07 AM, said:

Wot are complete idiots..they new the MM was better at+1..but were loosing there bottom line...they were still making bank..but heh...greed greed greed...also unicum players started sceaming... There egos were getting hurt...lol... Again like greed...it's ego ego ego...can't club as easy...but they will say we had to play a +2 MM.... It's all B.  S..we fans of +1 enjoy closer and more exciting.games..unicum just want to be able to rub one out....lol hahaha..

Tremendously untrue. The 1 tier spread was an experiment that they said would last for one update but they kept for two updates to get a large enough sample size. We have yet to hear the conclusions 

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

__ErinH__ #27 Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40149 battles

LOL, what is "tremendously" untrue?  Your loyalty is commendable....if misplaced.  I received a survey post release of this version and filled it out, for -/+ 1.  True that all of us are waiting to hear, but that is all we know.  This is not a fair game and WoT has confirmed this numerous times with comments about profitability.  As a player you should consider attempting to make it fair since you are the consumer.  This game is no more consumer centered then a slot machine.  Sad really, because if it was fair the profits would still be there.

I'm waiting for War Thunder on ios.

QUACKERJAC #28 Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35790 battles
  • [WAR]
-1/+1 was also better for building statistics, I noticed with -2/+2 one or two bad battles and your stats would be negatively impacted regardless of how many battles played, what a bunch of crap!!!

Phantom_Spook #29 Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17583 battles
  • [SPANK]
My enthusiasm for the game has gone down the crapper since the new update. Between the +2-2 matching and the endless 7-0 fights it's just more frustration than it's worth. I worked hard to build up my stats only to lose almost 2% off my win rate in a month. I worked hard to get - not buy - and equip tanks that I looked forward to fighting only to have them sit unused because there is no point in taking them out just to be clubbed. Then to come on here and read comments on the lines of "well, just get better, fight smarter, stop whining", and just dismissing people out of hand really frosts me. How good does one have to be to take on 7 tanks by oneself? Again and again and again. Particularly when you are a lone tier 6 facing four tier 8s and three tier 7s. How smart do you have to be to win when all but one or two team mates are gone before two minutes has gone by? Again and again and again. I'm near enough done. Where's the fun?

__ErinH__ #30 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40149 battles

View PostPhantom_Spook, on 03 April 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

My enthusiasm for the game has gone down the crapper since the new update. Between the +2-2 matching and the endless 7-0 fights it's just more frustration than it's worth. I worked hard to build up my stats only to lose almost 2% off my win rate in a month. I worked hard to get - not buy - and equip tanks that I looked forward to fighting only to have them sit unused because there is no point in taking them out just to be clubbed. Then to come on here and read comments on the lines of "well, just get better, fight smarter, stop whining", and just dismissing people out of hand really frosts me. How good does one have to be to take on 7 tanks by oneself? Again and again and again. Particularly when you are a lone tier 6 facing four tier 8s and three tier 7s. How smart do you have to be to win when all but one or two team mates are gone before two minutes has gone by? Again and again and again. I'm near enough done. Where's the fun?

Agree!  Well expressed!

I also have nearly every tank and really enjoyed being able to drive anything knowing For that type I would be competitive!  Know we are stuck selecting the same tiers, tanks over and over.  Also, at my number of games if I play the same tank numerous times MM penalizes me and I run into loss strings that go in forever!  Doesn't matter how many tanks I destroy I still lose!

Strange how people feel driven to protect these changes directed at fleecing players.  Platooning is fun, but I don't want to be forced into it just to keep the loses down.  Personally I don't worry over stats but hate to lose.  Finishing first over and over only to lose the match is frustrating!  Losing 6 team mates in the first minute is frustrating!  So I do understand your frustration and agree with you.  WoT is going to receive a wake up call when war thunder releases on ios.

Also tagged with match making

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users