hait going back to old matchmaking?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dixie_Flyer #21 Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33031 battles

View Postscott_mueller, on 10 March 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

I don't play the game for homework, I play to pass time. I had more fun when the teams were better matched i.e.; not 3/4 tier splits. I'm happy you've made a career of it, GFY. I'd simply like to play and have fun. -2/+2 makes having fun harder. 

having fun is seeing your tier 6 at the top of the board after you were at the bottom of a tier 8 match 

Union_Jack2k #22 Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles
I personally like -1+1, I think that it is unfair that a skilled player in a 1v1 late game is unable to compete because he is two tiers lower. I also favor the -1+1 for the limited realism it adds. I would like to know any reasons not to stay -1+1, not just why I am a wimp.

Rev_ianc_bell #23 Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28908 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostUnion_Jack2k, on 11 March 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

I personally like -1+1, I think that it is unfair that a skilled player in a 1v1 late game is unable to compete because he is two tiers lower. I also favor the -1+1 for the limited realism it adds. I would like to know any reasons not to stay -1+1, not just why I am a wimp.

a) all is fair in love and war.

b) it is not unfair because it applies equally to everyone. Focusing on apparently insurmountable odds in specific parts of individual matches is a really odd perspective for a game that is measured by statistical deviation over many thousands of matches. 

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

Union_Jack2k #24 Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles

However I do not measure my enjoyment in thousands of games, I play one game at a time. You are right though Unfair was the wrong word, let's say less fun. It is more fun to know winning or losing can be desided by your action, Though we will all have to play games being low tier. Is their any reason the two tier spread is more fun?

acrisis #25 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

View PostAXELSCAR, on 09 March 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

Going back to this crap was bad. Im loseing becuase tier 8s dont want to fight tier 10s. So i have to lose my silver and ranks stats becuase this noobs cant play. To all u that are saying its good to have this back give it a little more time. U are going  to wont it to go back to -1/+1 because your stats are going to go down. And u are going to have ask mommy and daddy to buy u some more silver because unlost it all. Think about that.

- that spelling hurts .... "hait" "loseing" "becuase" "unlost it all" "going to wont"  ... Please try harder.

- we all will cry because we lose credits? ... doubtful. 
- our stats going down ... not for everyone they aren't 

- your stats are dropping because your experience level still has room to improve

- you rushed to tier ten ... you skipped so many tanks and cut so many grinds shorter with gold and freexp that things start falling apart at tier viii, ix, x due not having as solid a foundation as you could have had, had you taken the long road. 

> consider tank rehab, remediate tanks you did poorly in
> work on tanker education and skill improvement

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Union_Jack2k #26 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles

View Postacrisis, on 13 March 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

- that spelling hurts .... "hait" "loseing" "becuase" "unlost it all" "going to wont"  ... Please try harder.

- we all will cry because we lose credits? ... doubtful. 
- our stats going down ... not for everyone they aren't 

- your stats are dropping because your experience level still has room to improve

- you rushed to tier ten ... you skipped so many tanks and cut so many grinds shorter with gold and freexp that things start falling apart at tier viii, ix, x due not having as solid a foundation as you could have had, had you taken the long road. 

> consider tank rehab, remediate tanks you did poorly in
> work on tanker education and skill improvement

I agree his spelling is bad, but has a point, he is the type of costumer wargaming tries to get, someone who plays their game and occasionally spends money. Why should he be put in tier ten games so he can be slaughtered. Their are plenty of tanks for tier ten games. I think he states his point badly, but we should look at the underlying cause.

Luxo_Jr #27 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Banned
  • 44 battles
  • [SAED]

View Postcip2k, on 10 March 2016 - 04:37 AM, said:

the game is less enjoyable with this new matching. Much better before with 1 tier difference. Will play a lot less

this isnt new...it has always been this, for newbies who are bad then +1 -1 is good bc they dont have to try as hard. For oldies its easier bc they've known it forever

Union_Jack2k #28 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles

View PostLuxo_Jr, on 13 March 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

this isnt new...it has always been this, for newbies who are bad then +1 -1 is good bc they dont have to try as hard. For oldies its easier bc they've known it forever

Just because it has always been does not mean it should be. The game is not any easier. One team is still going to lose. It only means you will never be cornered in to fighting a two tier higher tank alone. You will always be facing tanks that can kill you, that is harder than two tier spread in my opinion.  

acrisis #29 Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

Oh I agree it doesn't have to remain the old matchmaking of +2-2, just that when you look at the pc and console side, they're running it with +3 -3; so wargaming is already giving us a break. 

Before everybody panics. Let's see how it works for a month or two in  +2-2 MM with tier dispersion control on. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Union_Jack2k #30 Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles
Wise words, we will see if we get used to it. In the mean time I get to have righteous rage! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users