Elite clans, but bad character players

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

___ez_e___ #1 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

I have to stress that I was recently very annoyed by very immature players from one of the elite clans.  We were playing tier 8 as the top tier and myself and the elite clan players in a platoon were all on the same team.  Unfortunately, both members of the elite clan died relatively quickly.

What happened next annoyed me to no end.  They started criticizing players while the game is happening.  They were criticizing me relentlessly.  You know what, if you die early and didn't do much dmg, I don't care that you are a super unicum and the best player in the world.  It's what have you done for me lately.  In this game both of these super unicum did poorly. I think one had under 1000 dmg and the other didn't have much more.

We lost the match, but I carried the most on the team by far including dmg and kills (I think I had over 3k dmg or something, which was much more then the next player on my team).

What gives you the right to whine and criticize other players....when it was YOU who played poorly and contributed to the team loss.

Take some ownership of your poor play.

I am mentioning this as I've seen this happening more these days.

Note: Most of the elite clan players I have met are stand up good character people.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 March 2016 - 02:22 PM.

HisRoyalFatness #2 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50620 battles
  • [RGN]
So you got offended by people on an Internet game I see.  

___ez_e___ #3 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

View Post501st_Killed_Younglings, on 10 March 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

So you got offended by people on an Internet game I see.

No it's annoying when you're trying to concentrate and play your game and some fools are constantly saying crap.

Turd___Ferguson #4 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]
Ha. Too funny. I just had a similar but slightly different experience. Tier 8 match and both teams had 1 unicum.  I was in my ru and did below average. Our unicum did well but we lost. Once th unicum was killed he raged like crazy. Solid 1 minute of global chat with ******* for every line. In this case the unicum did well but went bonkers when we lost. Could I have played better, yup, but get over yourself. It is just a game unicum and 70% win rate is still intacted. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

___ez_e___ #5 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 10 March 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Ha. Too funny. I just had a similar but slightly different experience. Tier 8 match and both teams had 1 unicum.  I was in my ru and did below average. Our unicum did well but we lost. Once th unicum was killed he raged like crazy. Solid 1 minute of global chat with ******* for every line. In this case the unicum did well but went bonkers when we lost. Could I have played better, yup, but get over yourself. It is just a game unicum and 70% win rate is still intacted.

Exactly same type of ranting, unfortunately some of players are very immature whiners when they don't win.

Honestly, if they were in my clan I would want them booted for poor character as it give the clan a bad name.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 March 2016 - 02:42 PM.

Turd___Ferguson #6 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]
There's another thread a few below this one with a similar story. Unicums behaving badly this morning. 

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

Targaryen22 #7 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13961 battles
  • [RM]
There's actually a few (more like two) elitist clans I've noticed more prone to doing this. I generally own up to my poor play and try to give advice on how to proceed to my surviving teammates
#LOYALENUFF4M60
Current garage- E75, T57 HEAVY, t14, type 59, Obj.140, T110E5, t32, is7, t54, cent 7/1, is3 Defender, pziv anko, Ac sentinel, Dracula, Helsing HO, Panther 88, Vk 4503,  Strv 74A2, is2, 0-47, m4ae2, pz4/5, is6, Cromwell B, BT-7 Art, BT-SV, Tetrarch, PZB2, Fury, M-60

Researched/Sold-fv4202, t62a, is4, e100,
LOYALENUFF4M60
Current lines free xping-
Top 100 in the IS2 NA
Top 75 in the T14 in NA
Yep! I buy my way down tank lines these days. Nope, no more grinding for me. Feed me all your wallet warrior jealousy driven hate. It fuels my bought and paid for t10s!
#STILLLOYALENUFF4M60
'Play smart fight smart play dumb die dumb'-me
Proud Tiger 1 Hall of Fame Damage Record Holder

Rivervally_Tom #8 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8315 battles
  • [101A]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 10 March 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

There's another thread a few below this one with a similar story. Unicums behaving badly this morning. 

If you happen to be a elite player(which I am not) and you see things being done incorrectly why not offer constructive criticism.  If you try to help the player base with tips or offers of videos to go watch then PM away.  As far as raging  during or after a battle come on that's not necessary grow up.  If the worst thing that has happened to you lately is that you lost a video game and you feel the need to rage about it I think you need to take a step back and reevaluate and stand down.  After all my years in the army I have developed a thick skin and a nothing to tough attitude  so if you want to rage at go right ahead  it just reflects poorly on you.

Turd___Ferguson #9 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View PostTargaryen22, on 10 March 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

There's actually a few (more like two) elitist clans I've noticed more prone to doing this. I generally own up to my poor play and try to give advice on how to proceed to my surviving teammates

that's why you're part of the 501 family. Actually trying to help others rather than just raging at them. 

_TheMessiah #10 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22902 battles

View PostRivervally_Tom, on 10 March 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

If you happen to be a elite player(which I am not) and you see things being done incorrectly why not offer constructive criticism.  If you try to help the player base with tips or offers of videos to go watch then PM away.  As far as raging  during or after a battle come on that's not necessary grow up.  If the worst thing that has happened to you lately is that you lost a video game and you feel the need to rage about it I think you need to take a step back and reevaluate and stand down.  After all my years in the army I have developed a thick skin and a nothing to tough attitude  so if you want to rage at go right ahead  it just reflects poorly on you.

When I try to help someone I usually get the "FU" or "STFU I know how to play" answer.

Rivervally_Tom #11 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8315 battles
  • [101A]

View PostSup_Prodigy, on 10 March 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

When I try to help someone I usually get the "FU" or "STFU I know how to play" answer.

You took the high ground and offered to help on the other hand they climbed into the gutter. o7 to you and your clan,  as a matter fact someone from your clan has helped me in the past.

___ez_e___ #12 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostSup_Prodigy, on 10 March 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

I'd imagine it would have to be a pretty inexperience player not to recognize that you are in a elite clan.  That person can't be helped.  lol

Wait I take that back...I've gotten that response, then I'll go speak to them on chat.   Some of these players I am able to turn around and become my friends.  Some are just hopeless.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 March 2016 - 03:21 PM.

Howitzer_155 #13 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]
It's a video game don't get butt hurt over trash talk...it's part of the game that will never change...is trash talking right? Prbably not I am guilty of it as well, but I refuse to let someones trash talk affect my play nor would I waste my time writing a thread over it...

Turd___Ferguson #14 Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View Post___ez_e___, on 10 March 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

I'd imagine it would have to be a pretty inexperience player not to recognize that you are in a elite clan.  That person can't be helped.  lol

Wait I take that back...I've gotten that response, then I'll go speak to them on chat.   Some of these players I am able to turn around and become my friends.  Some are just hopeless.

"Hopeless". Is that naming and shaming?  :)

___ez_e___ #15 Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 10 March 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

It's a video game don't get butt hurt over trash talk...it's part of the game that will never change...is trash talking right? Prbably not I am guilty of it as well, but I refuse to let someones trash talk affect my play nor would I waste my time writing a thread over it...

Hey, I know you from GC and I know you are a stand up guy.

I'm fine with trash talking and that 's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about when someone goes nuts and literally says nasty stuff the whole time the game is happening.  It's way different.  Oh someone said it best it's RAGING.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 March 2016 - 09:27 PM.

junaluska7 #16 Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

_persona non grata_

• Players
  • 21618 battles
  • [RDZ10]

After reading a lot of past commentaries from different forum threads I've been kinda confused because it always sounds like some of the highest level players are always advocating for a separate window of play just for themselves and excluding what they perceive as subpar players.

Is this true or am I misreading some of their complaints and suggestions?

If that is the case, wouldn't that ultimately cause a decrease/decline n their initial and eventually overall stat %'s? I mean, not all would benefit necessarily, correct? U know, just so much room at the top, right? So I've wondered just how serious that idea actually is, if it's true. Maybe not.

Also, one of the things I had jokingly referenced n another thread re: training rooms and what the uses for them would entail, I kiddingly mentioned that some of the n game defamation that usually occurs might possibly b settled by a one on one challenge in a training room type setting. That way, the offended party could just type "challenge" when some disgruntled player starts harranging them, then get back to finishing the game. It's bad enuff when ur trying hard not to get creamed by 3-4 reds and some PO'd ghost (dead tanker) comes back to life to haunt  u while the game is still active.

If the offended party suceeds n winning the challenge against the annoying "voice from the dead" they could claim bragging rights post the example. (Best 2 outta 3?) Maybe that would help to remedy some of the wasted vitriol coming from some sore souls wanting come back to life after the fact. Lol!

And one more thing, if their is such a high premium associated with high stats, shouldn't their b some kinda of credit/ gold reward and/or compensation allocated to other players for each time u take one down? Maybe it could b compensatory to the level of both players current % #'s. The higher the kill the greater the signifance = to a lower stat of a player making a major kill achievement? (Stay w/ me here...) Each time a dreaded noob knocks a Unicum out of the game, they receive some type reward for greater incentive and gets to claim that as an achievable moment. That would b hilarious! Particularly since everyone else is considered to be so inferior day n and day out thru out this game. If the is the case, and u really r trying to lift everyone up n this game, then give them something to shoot for...literally.

I not talking about about a bounty here, cause that would just b wrong!...right? (C'mon, talk me down here) I'm sure the pride of the high % level Unicum cadres would actually agree to this especially because if there were no rewards issued to lesser souls under their name, they could always have that claim to fame! 

I've always read about the re-rolled types who've taken on a new life, so to speak, and ascended the ladder to Valhalla, and some questions about who actually played one account from the start and who took the "detour" so to speak. And maybe we could assume some of the high %'s players r looking around and wondering who is really legit and who came n the side door. I mean, u would want to know, right?

Before someone gets all unglued, I just want to say that I have the utmost respect for those that have achieved such great accomplishments and excelled at this game, (and yes, it is a game, a very interesting and cool game, but a game) and that is fine, if ur into that, but not everyone is so singularly focused as others about this. They might quite possibly want to meet more personal challenges thru team play rather that dominate the earth, so we all should respect that as well.

But let's b honest, many  of the higher level individuals r probably doing the same thing, just on a different level. And that's ok. No one should pretend it doesn't come down to looking out for ones own interest,..ever. It's human nature.

...said it before, if u want to impress me, show some class and decorum, otherwise ur just a jerk w/ high numbers on an app game.

So, in conclusion this is just a fun exercise n what ifs but still,...u just have to wonder, right? I mean, c'mon...just a little? Lol

Maybe this will help ease the frustration from the OP and give some pause to the cause...  :teethhappy:

respectfully, urs

Corn_Pop #17 Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

This topic is stale.

What? 50th time it's been brought up?

Who cares? 

You just remember them. I see a 40% post same stuff every other game.

junaluska7 #18 Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

_persona non grata_

• Players
  • 21618 battles
  • [RDZ10]

View PostR0CKET, on 10 March 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

This topic is stale.

Who cares? 

Yep. That's what I would say to if wanted to b proactively dismissive. No surprise there, cowboy...

___ez_e___ #19 Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62932 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostR0CKET, on 10 March 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

This topic is stale.

Who cares?

You hit the nail on the head. It's exactly the same as the 40% post we see all the time.  Same exact mentality just a different win rate.  Same level of annoying.

I care because it's ruining the game play.  Who wants to be playing when there's constant message pings of nasty waste of space lunatic messages.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 March 2016 - 05:03 PM.

Corn_Pop #20 Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View Post___ez_e___, on 10 March 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

You hit the nail on the head. It's exactly the same as the 40% post we see all the time.  Same exact mentality just a different win rate.  Same level of annoying.

I care because it's ruining the game play.  Who wants to be playing when there's constant message pings of nasty waste of space lunatic messages.

So why the Title claiming it's exclusive to good clans .

Btw- its totally exclusive to every single game with antique form of chat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users