• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

Acousticizcool #301 Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22603 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostJayRizzi, on 16 March 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

I don't really want to argue, and I normally do not post on the forums anymore, however your post drew me out.

I simply disagree fundamentally with almost everything you attempted to do with your post. From constructing your argument using flawed logic and attempting to pursuade readers by using more common language it simply makes you look as though you did not spend much time making your post, when based on the formatting I would like to belive you did give it a second look. Not only does this topic also appear to be a responce to another board posted here on the merits of the +\- 2, by being the negatives of it( but you failed).That other board succeeded because of a well constructed argument on an original topic, while also admitting their bias while not (really) letting it cloud their message. By using ""s, it detracts from the overall authenticity of your post, because those quotes are not genuine, and are literally the most extreme possible example of the topic you are arguing. It's almost like I opened this to read, and somehow got forwarded to CNN. Bias all over the place, while attempting to claim neutrality.

Overall, all the arguments you made are either false, invalid, irrelevant or lacking the viewpoint from the other side (or even really addressing it besides the random out of context "quotes").

I do not even want to address anything you said, because the way you worded some of the points makes me sad, and wonder where education went on persuasive writing. By responding to each quote asthough it were an argument posted to you and using language/writing as such, it shows you are more a blogger than someone who can legitimately 'respond to all arguments reguardling the cons of +/- 1 mm'. If you want people to genuinely respond to your post and converse, do not do almost everything you did in that message.

Again, please just read this and consider the message I am saying for future posts of yours. I'm not looking for an argument, just critiquing your post (unapologetically) as a work of writing because it was so incorrect I was compelled to do so.
-No quotes in your argument
-Genuinly try to make pros/cons for both sides
-Admitt bias early & attempt to erase it
-If your post is a direct responce to another board, post in on there
-Do not use random CAPS to draw attention
-Use correct grammar
- Don't use random or unrealistic statistics/information
- Remember there is no correct answer! Your post is an opinion! You cannot claim to be correct when there are pros and cons for both sides!

Have a nice day. :-)

Hmmmm.....you must be a democrat.....?

DoragonSenshi #302 Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18734 battles
  • [-1]

View PostAcousticizcool, on 26 March 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

?

I think it's reasonably clear to anyone on the forums which political party I associate myself with, and I think that jay's post is perfectly reasonable...

Which is why I'm going to say 

Hmmmmmmm... You must be a Trump supporter?

:justwait:

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

mike82198 #303 Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39113 battles
  • [CRATE]

View Postpasdxd, on 25 March 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

Autowin for green team, I assume?

it probably was, but here's the funny thing: the red team would probably win 95% of its battles if it always played together. Of its three platoons, one is good and another is very good. 

Bricktop13 #304 Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22588 battles
  • [PF]
I agree.  I would rather have more competitive gameplay than be able to bully 2 tiers below me.  I hate 2/2. Have no idea why they brought it back.

DoragonSenshi #305 Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18734 battles
  • [-1]

View PostBricktop13, on 27 March 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

I agree.  I would rather have more competitive gameplay than be able to bully 2 tiers below me.  I hate 2/2. Have no idea why they brought it back.

I distinctly remember you making MULTIPLE threads about this game being rigged... :facepalm:

Maybe I'm confused though. If not, you're an "invisible tanks" guy...

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Chickenwingzilla #306 Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33945 battles

View Postwolfydude, on 16 March 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

So GLXY, DFNT and LGND are international clans?

By the way has anyone noticed that WG opened a new server? Arabic....at least it was news to me when I installed wotb on my phone while waiting for a new tablet.

4sfield #307 Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 31956 battles
  • [-1]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 25 March 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

If the pub addressed WR, WN8, WN7, platoons, crew levels, etc, anything, all of it, what ever.......    (skill based MM), I'd be all for +2/-2

Factoid, It doesn't, so I'll take +1/-1 because statistically speaking there is less chance of huge team(s) disparity. 

I'm not whining about being bottom tier -2.   And, Truth is I don't buy into 'boring factor", i don't buy into the "tier 10s aren't supposed to face all tier 10s".

Fact is, I really ENJOYED all tier 10 battles, I got excited with nervous energy seeing all tier 10s.   In my eyes, THIS was more of a challenge, facing ALL tier 10s.    I still think the most epic battle would be for  all of us to jump in 54s and duke it out.

I know alot of the complaints are from the guys who don't wanna be bottom tier -2.  That flat out is not my complaint.   i want a fair fight, that's all.  

In my eyes +1/-1 is fairer, less chance of the match being decided before the battle even starts.  

You didn't benefit WR wise at +/-1? Did you play only tierX? The boring side was at the lower tiers, not IX and X. That's where the game was repetitive and simple. Competitive for all tiers is what is needed. +/-1 did not accomplish that, +\-2 is not getting it done either.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Rev_ianc_bell #308 Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28085 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostAcousticizcool, on 26 March 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

How do Americans manage to turn every single thing in life into a reference to a distorted binary political reference system?

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

tlouie #309 Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostRev_ianc_bell, on 27 March 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

How do Americans manage to turn every single thing in life into a reference to a distorted binary political reference system?

Because the two political parties stand to gain the most if voters are too busy beng outraged at the other party.  

Being outraged means less time to actually learn and think about issues that matter: wage inequality, money for education, healthcare for those who need it, etc.

Bricktop13 #310 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22588 battles
  • [PF]

View PostDoragonSenshi, on 26 March 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

I distinctly remember you making MULTIPLE threads about this game being rigged... :facepalm:

Maybe I'm confused though. If not, you're an "invisible tanks" guy...

Uhhh...... what?  I have posted multiple times about this game being rigged - but what does that have to do with competitive gameplay?  And what's an invisible tanks guy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users