PC Players are People Too

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

I apologize for this post, but I don't know how else to get the message out there (I'm relatively new and a noob).

I am one of the "dozens" of PC players that are on this game.  First, let me say that I love it and can't get enough of it.  Second, we PC players are at a huge disadvantage to the mobile world because we do not have enough players (especially at tiers 9 and 10) to play games.  I am horrible on my old iPad but every time I log on there, I get instant games for any tier that I choose.  PC players have to wait minutes for Tier 8 matches and get timed out frequently for tier 9 and above matches - and most battles are 3v3 or 4v4. 

My suggestion is to MERGE the PC and Mobile worlds temporarily so that you attract more PC players to the game (trust me, the mobile players that call me a noob will appreciate the significant increase in quality play - ps, I have big thumbs and no feel).  If the mobile players start to complain because they're getting hammered by PC players, then go back to separating them.  It can't be any worse than when I'm in my Tier IX E75 going against a Tier VII Tiger 1 (the +-2 MM isn't working right on PC, but at least my Tier IX can get games)

It's just a suggestion, but many in the PC world would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and attention.

_War_Child_

PS - If you judge me by my win/loss ratio, you need better glasses.

Sure_man_tank #2 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3726 battles
  • [III-H]
Best thing to do is platoon with someone on mobile. I believe if you do this you get into mobile MM.

*Clickbait*

Premiums: IS-6, AT-15A, Pz. S35, T7 Combat Car, T2 Light, Locust, Pz. IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine

Turd___Ferguson #3 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

I've never played on PC, but why not?  When they originally announced Blitz was coming to PC I sort of assumed that's how it would be?

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

CK_GoldenNuggets #4 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29635 battles
  • [OXIDE]
I am also a frequent PC player and understand your dilemma bud but you can not think a merge is the best course of action here. It would waste everyone's time and not generate enough results. You will simply have to wait until more PC players try the game out IMO.

Edited by reptilesr1ke, 22 March 2016 - 05:22 PM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

reluctanttheist #5 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [III-H]
Can you confirm something - do you use a mouse to play? or just your touchscreen?  I can't find any videos of PC players and what kind of interface they are using.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

_War_Child_ #6 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

If you platoon with someone on mobile, you drag them into the PC world - not vice versa.  Just so you'll know, I have tried everything - from starting a game in mobile and switching to PC, platooning, etc. and none of it works.  If I could get a keyboard and mouse that would work on mobile I would.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fellow PC players and the clans that we play with, but I see a lot of the same ones every game.  At the highest tiers, its the same 3v3 match over and over again.  I personally prefer 7 v 7 matches with a lot of variety, but mostly I like to have as many games as possible in a short amount of time.  We are definitely handicapped in the PC world as far as number of battles.  I promise you that my 6,000 matches on PC is equivalent to 20,000 on mobile for the amount of time that I put in and that's not an exaggeration.  Plus, you'll see a lot of AFK's at the start of PC games because we're doing something else during the 5 minute wait period until a match starts.  When you hit "Battle" and are immediately into a game on mobile, it's hard to get distracted.

Like I said, it's just a suggestion.  If my PC brethren don't agree, I'll hush up.

Thank you for reading my hogwash.

Yours truly,

_War_Child_

PS - If I was any good on my iPad, I probably wouldn't have started this thread.  My win loss ratio does not distinguish between my play on PC (65+%) versus Mobile (25%), and I play a lot of Mobile with my new tanks so I can get them upgraded faster.

LE_gend_VI #7 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles

From experience tooned while on mobile vs Windows users it was like seal club to the max. Just rocking back and forth they missed shots. Peek a boom forget it! You win every time. Now maybe they weren't as experienced with pc but if they are like mobile noobs then it's less skills in the queue instead of better quality which I'm all for. 

Playing on windows your best bet is tier 7 and below. Nobody seems to play much upper tiers

Edited by LE_gend_VI, 22 March 2016 - 05:58 PM.

Sure_man_tank #8 Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3726 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Can you confirm something - do you use a mouse to play? or just your touchscreen?  I can't find any videos of PC players and what kind of interface they are using.

It's a mouse to play. It's just blitz with the controls of PC.

*Clickbait*

Premiums: IS-6, AT-15A, Pz. S35, T7 Combat Car, T2 Light, Locust, Pz. IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine

_War_Child_ #9 Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Mouse and keyboard while on PC, but I have to use the touch screen when I play in the mobile world.

reluctanttheist #10 Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [III-H]
So does the mousewheel zoom like on WoT PC?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

MutzLivesMatter #11 Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10019 battles

impossible and non fair what so ever, PC WILL NEVER PLAY WITH MOBILE, my reflexes on WoT PC is sooo much better than blitz since im using mouse, even that im still only having 1700 WN8.....

Another thing, when you have Blitz Win 10, why play this and not PC Client?

Edited by FlyYuch, 22 March 2016 - 06:34 PM.

Oxbridge #12 Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 15865 battles
  • [-CFE-]
Good post, boss. :)
Spoiler

CK_GoldenNuggets #13 Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29635 battles
  • [OXIDE]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Yes if you choose that in your settings, otherwise it zooms in automatically like in mobile.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

_War_Child_ #14 Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

After 0_Snap and I platooned last night for 20 wins in a row with our IS3 Defenders, the Tier 8's that we were facing over and over again stopped playing (around 1:30am Central US Time).  There weren't very many players in the queue, so we decided to call it a night.  I then log into my iPad to see what was going on in the mobile world and I was never able to see the queue because whichever tier I chose went straight into a game.  O_Snap and I were waiting an average of 2.5 minutes per battle - which does allow for much needed water, bathroom, and other breaks (and a lot of AFK starts to matches).  As much fun as we were having with our Tier 8's though, we really wanted and needed to be platooning our Tier IX's and X's.  No such games exist in the PC world after the kiddos go to bed.

I understand that WOTB is primarily designed for mobile and therefore mobile players will get all the best perks.  But, Wargaming put this App in the Microsoft box that pops up on my screen every so often and since it was "free," I downloaded it (I've since bought gold and a JagTiger). [I previously played Battlefield and loved the tanks, so I thought I'd give this a try - FYI, I did not realize that Blitz was different than regular WOT at first].  I assume that there are a lot more players in the WOT PC world, and some of those players might enjoy the simplistic world of Blitz as they get away from the complications of larger maps, arty, etc.  If Wargaming is not going to merge the PC/Mobile queues, then perhaps they could offer some "incentives" to the WOT players to try Blitz - like a free tank, premium time, etc.  At the end of all my begging, the fact remains that higher tier players are needed in the PC Blitz world and something needs to be done to make that happen!

Thank you all again for your time and attention.

_War_Child_

PS - I'm assuming someone is working on fixing the MM.  I've got several screen shots of battles with 6 v. 4 players with the team of 6 having 4 Tier IX's and 2 Tier VIII's versus  the team of 4 having 2 Tier IX's and 2 Tier VIII's.  Now, come on, that can't be worse than merging the PC/Mobile worlds...

PSS - I'm not sure what scrolling and zooming with the mouse has to do with this issue, but yes, I use a mouse to scroll, zoom and shoot.

Edited by _War_Child_, 24 March 2016 - 04:32 PM.

Asiaticus #15 Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
With today's release of Blitz Mac, the playerbase for non-mobile Blitz may get better (PC and Mac are same queue as far as I can tell). It certainly can't hurt. We'll see how that works out. These are early days yet. 

Asiaticus #16 Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

It does on Mac Blitz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users