• Players
  • 19684 battles
April fools joke or no?

ChitFromChinola #62 Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 64051 battles
  • [-1]
So how can these Russians still harbor such a grudge against the Germans? I mean, WWII ended a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure that no one WG fought in that one. First, they slow the ROF on the Pz IV A so much that the tank is unplayable. Now, they squeeze the earnings for the Pz IV D by -49%. Okay, so these are lower tier tanks and no one cares, but I think it's time to get past the war and move on. Ease up on the German tanks, dudes.

RoadKutter #63 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:26 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 43632 battles
  • [III-C]
I call April Fools, like they will give you more.... what's next 95%off on gold sale?

Ghosting reds since 2014

gffcom #64 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37934 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostTgb_matt, on 29 March 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Some tanks get their profitability increased, this is always welcome.   Lift the under privileged. 

But others get it reduced, some with NO offset of repair cost.  But even the offset is less than you lose from playing well. 

Further, the profitable decreases further punish those buying premium time because you lose the 50% bonus from that lost income. 

My testy battle in the T62A, just a mediocre game,  only put in 5 hits, took 1, lived and won. 

I would net about 100 credit LESS after update, because it was an RU that hit me, small repair bill.  But since I have a premium account my net would actually be 2000 fewer credits.

Now, had my team not completely ran over the enemy team and I scored more hits, even while talking damage,  this would be A WHOLE LOT WORSE. 

A premium account makes the reduction of profitability go from 13% to 19.5%, but repairs costs stay the same. 

Ohhh, I didn't think about that. These changes seem to actually be about nerfing premium time. Thats an unexpected twist.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

DD_Brock #65 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3271 battles

View PostHelzen, on 29 March 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Premium tanks not effected? Then why is the Pz special on the list? It's a premium and its loosing credits? 

Agreed. The Anko Special is the only one I have that makes good credits. Sorta ruins the point of it being a Premium tank, does it not?

warko_1 #66 Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19564 battles
  • [SRT_]
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, if average and below average players are reluctant to play high tiers because it is too expensive, then don't help them. They have no business there. On the other hand, there are some tanks at top tiers that are way too expensive to run. You can lose credits even on a win, which is a dumb thing to happen. (unless you are a prammo spammer in which case it's fine) So, I don't know. I don't have problems making credits, nor have an impending need for them since I have researched all the lines, but I do have a problems with noobs driving IS-7's and E-100's. So, if being expensive works as a deterrent, and it helps improve gameplay at higher tiers, leave it as it is or even make it more expensive. 

Davedt #67 Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21178 battles
  • [_OPS_]
Isn't the Panzer IV Anko Special a Premium tank? They reduced its profitability when they stated premiums we'rent going to be changed....

acrisis #68 Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles
  • [III-S]

Here's a little clearer picture about 2.7 going into 2.8 ...

(^^ Credit to mehlivemeat for initial table, which I expanded on and colored. ;) 

While tightening the profitability spread is better, and boosting some really poor ones is a great move; the income on several popular vehicles goes down tremendously. Some go from best earnings to worst earnings. Reason? Unknown. 

But, one certainly may re-think which tanks to grind, as the profitably gap is increased considering the 1.5 credit multipliers for victories and the 1.5 credit multiplier for premium time.  

JOY

PAIN

( ^^ above sheet not 100% guaranteed / verified functional. Just an initial look with sample numbers ;)

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Ms_Conduct #69 Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12902 battles
  • [RT166]
They are nerfing the Anko because it didn't cost us any gold or real $ to acquire. My skill level is in the noob to average area so I don't care about the changes too much. It took me a long time to grind the Cent 7/1 to reach the FV4202 and I haven't bought it yet. A credit buff on that turd would have been helpful a month ago.

XXX_Corps #70 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 70069 battles
  • [TNK_U]
Good for some bad for others. Just like +2/-2 vs. +1/-1. It is what it is, get over it and move on.

popisdead #71 Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22692 battles
  • [ATC_]
The best thing to happen with the game since the Luchs.  :)
I love kemping bush

acrisis #72 Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles
  • [III-S]

A visual of 2.8 Credit Change coin flip for some tanks, and narrower spread ...

Edited by acrisis, 31 March 2016 - 12:26 PM.

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

Prywid #73 Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8167 battles
  • [III-X]
acrisis, +1 for spreadsheets.

acrisis #74 Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles
  • [III-S]

It really highlights how everybody suddenly will fall in the middle - lower range. 

I'm still not sure on the extent of the higher income nerf.

Seeking some data here: http://forum.wotblit...me-27-results/ 

BE  (+)   

BobaFett_56 #75 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 45177 battles
  • [ANIME]

I just had and idea for a much simpler fix, increase the tier X profitably so if you do well you can easily cover your repair bill even for a lost battle. So if you fight hard and you pretty much did all the damage you still get rewarded for your skill even if your team decided to act crazy and they did not do much you would not suffer as much for their mistakes.

And also the Anko profits should Not be nerfed because it is a premium tank and even if players use it often to make some credits those credits are usually going towards high tier tanks just like most players use premium tanks for. And when you buy high tier tanks you usually want more of them so then you have to buy gold to buy more garage slots. Also when it comes to high tier tanks players will find Anko will not supply all the credits they need  and will buy a higher tier premium tank anyway in order to stay funded. I can speak from experience that unless you get a tier 7 or 8 Premium Tank tier 9 and 10 tanks can get very expensive to run. So the nerfing of Anko by Wargaming really does not make much sense because unless a player can afford to climb up a few tier are they really going to see the need for buying other premium tanks from Wargaming?

BobaFett_56 #76 Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 45177 battles
  • [ANIME]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 30 March 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

So how can these Russians still harbor such a grudge against the Germans? I mean, WWII ended a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure that no one WG fought in that one. First, they slow the ROF on the Pz IV A so much that the tank is unplayable. Now, they squeeze the earnings for the Pz IV D by -49%. Okay, so these are lower tier tanks and no one cares, but I think it's time to get past the war and move on. Ease up on the German tanks, dudes.

Well some cultures do harbor grudges for very long time, take the Middle East for example some of the current fights over there are often over things that happened several Centuries ago or some times even longer. Now of course battles often happen since original problems, but you get the idea. Not entirely sure about what other regions of the world do the same thing or not. Most places will move on as time goes by,

bulletcushion #77 Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13194 battles
  • [-VWV-]
This new update is terrible. You can't help but come out negative just about every time. 

toysoldier82 #78 Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7274 battles
  • [BLB]

Everyone fails to see they gave us nothing. With the new provisions I lose more credits than ever in tier 9 and 10! Lets put it this way and I have screenshots to back it up; in my T110E5 doing 2500 damage in a battle we won, my tank destroyed (I was shot through a tank husk, a red team E4, please fix this issue too, been shot through hills, rocks, buildings) the repair cost for my tank was 12, 000. So saying my particular tanks repair cost was reduced a little over 50% that means normally would of been around 24,000. So great minus 17% of that 12000 would technically put my profit up but no. Checking where credits go after battle there is -14, 400 for they shiney new provisions so that battle in total I made 103 credits. A loss with sub par damage = massive credit loss now. I won with my T30, didnt lose more than 50% health did more damage than delt but didnt finish any tanks off and lost nearly 3k credits. You did a typical government maneuver,  give $100 with one hand then on the other tell us we owe you $150. if we dont use provisions all those 60% out there in there Russian mediums will run even more circles around everyone else. On the other hand my T26 Super Pershing flys now practically so if I play it every few matches I can still eke out a small profit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users