mv510 #21 Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24606 battles

4100xpb #22 Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16960 battles

Disappointing but not surprising.  Winter Mal was one place TDs could make a real difference.  Less so in terms of actual damage, most reasonably experienced players knew where to go to avoid the main lines of fire, but it let them provide cover for the rest of their team.  Stay below the ridge and you're safe, but skyline yourself - boom.  Want to make a short flank through town?  Better be sure you know where the red TDs are.  They also provided an early warning/rear guard for any reds flanking through the swamp.  I hope the rework will be well done, but yeah I'm expecting more of the same.  :harp:

TD spots made this the only map I've ever landed a totally blind shot.  Started climbing the hill towards the mill in my whatever and noticed Red had three TDs.  I figured I had nothing to lose, so halfway up I stopped and fired a shot at the red TD hill, even though absolutely no one had been spotted yet.  Bet that Churchill GC had a serious wth? moment.  :angry:

Oralflame #23 Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19110 battles
  • [-AIDS]

View PostThe_Killer_Buick, on 31 March 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

It's just a matter of time until every map makes sniping impossible. God forbid any player should have to develop situational awareness.

so far, sniping has been smacked right out of, or was not present in:

Oasis Palms (worst make over ever)

Middleburg (a map made worse by a redux).

Castilla (an especially bad tweak).

Rockfield (nuked key brush spots)

Desert Sands (the original was more fun)

lost temple (took away most long range shots)

Himmelsdorf (sniping on this map is by opportunity rather than by plan).

some maps have some sniping if the fight moves that way:

Fort despair (sniping spots are all obvious).

canal (sniping is limited)

black goldville (long distance shot lanes suck and are well known)

winter mal (sniping only works for good shots)

Dead rail (last decent sniper map remaining. Look for it to be flattened by v.3.0

copperfield (again few sniping spots, all well known).

Mirage (big map makes sniping possible)

mines (another map where all the good sniping spots are well known.

Nothing left is like the good old days of the original Oasis Palms, where having binocs equipped actually mattered most games. Yep. Mediums and heavy drivers bitterly complained, but can anyone seriously argue that there are any remaining maps that have a "TD Zone?"

Castilla is still a good sniping map. The devs have left the secret spots alone on there. I can show you sometime. There's...at least 6 major spots, with many mini ones.

The_Killer_Buick #24 Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33067 battles
  • [HOCNA]

View PostIgniteTheFire, on 31 March 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

Castilla is still a good sniping map. The devs have left the secret spots alone on there. I can show you sometime. There's...at least 6 major spots, with many mini ones.

Thanks. I am aware of these spots. However, losing the NW corner sucked for the turretless types.

Oralflame #25 Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19110 battles
  • [-AIDS]

View PostThe_Killer_Buick, on 31 March 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thanks. I am aware of these spots. However, losing the NW corner sucked for the turretless types.

Agreed, though I used some better ones usually. 11 that I can think of.

BobaFett_56 #26 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 45177 battles
  • [ANIME]

I am anxious to see if Wargaming has made another good map or another horrid disaster of a map. from the pictures it looks like a lager town which has me thinking this might be another good map. When they create a map with very good town on it often it can be a good map like Castilla, Port, Middleberg, Himmelsdorf, Black Goldville, and Dead Rail.

Now Lost Temple does have a nice field with those hills, but the Town part of needs to be switched back to original and maybe keep base like it is now where it's in town, because at the moment you often have traffic jams when trying to enter it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users