Control Sticking, iPad Mini

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SkiFletch #1 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30259 battles
  • [SRT]

So this has happened to me three times since upgrading to iOS 8 yesterday on my ipad mini (original).  My drive stick gets stuck in track rotate.  Every time it was clockwise (right) rotation.  First time, I was STEAMING full speed ahead after someone at the end of a game, and all of a sudden, my tank just starts rotating.  I let off the touch pad completely, and it kept turning.  Slammed a few other directions, and eventually it un-stuck.  Happened again while trying to circle around someone to the left.  Tank just got stuck in right track rotate, even when I removed my finger.  Last time was similar to the first, steaming full speed ahead, but this time I began a slight right turn and again it got stuck.  Again, when I removed my finger it stayed stuck.

I thought maybe it was my bad driving the first time, but that it continues when I remove my finger and doesn't change until I smash multiple other directions is the troubling part.  Hard to say if it was stuck for the same amount of time or not.  It wasn't long, but in a pretty fast game like this it felt like eternity.  I died as a result 2 of 3 times :(.  Also find it odd that it's never happened to me in thousands of battles until iOS 8.  This is on an original iPad Mini

UnsaltedPiranha #2 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
Probably lag. Happened to me tons when I have over 300fps

Unitater #3 Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles
Lag, check your ping (bottom left corner). If this is high, you have lag.

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

SkiFletch #4 Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30259 battles
  • [SRT]
Didn't catch ping the first time.  The second two, it was chillin at in the 60s which is typical for me.  Should have mentioned that above, my apologies.  

kreshwolf #5 Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14178 battles
My tank gets stuck, won't move forward or reverse, left or right.  After 30 or 40 seconds it jumps forward in time and tries to execute my inputs at double speed, or just shows where I died which is what happens most of the time.

Campagnolo #6 Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 720 battles

View PostSkiFletch, on 24 September 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

So this has happened to me three times since upgrading to iOS 8 yesterday on my ipad mini (original).  My drive stick gets stuck in track rotate.  Every time it was clockwise (right) rotation.  First time, I was STEAMING full speed ahead after someone at the end of a game, and all of a sudden, my tank just starts rotating.  I let off the touch pad completely, and it kept turning.  Slammed a few other directions, and eventually it un-stuck.  Happened again while trying to circle around someone to the left.  Tank just got stuck in right track rotate, even when I removed my finger.  Last time was similar to the first, steaming full speed ahead, but this time I began a slight right turn and again it got stuck.  Again, when I removed my finger it stayed stuck.

I thought maybe it was my bad driving the first time, but that it continues when I remove my finger and doesn't change until I smash multiple other directions is the troubling part.  Hard to say if it was stuck for the same amount of time or not.  It wasn't long, but in a pretty fast game like this it felt like eternity.  I died as a result 2 of 3 times :(.  Also find it odd that it's never happened to me in thousands of battles until iOS 8.  This is on an original iPad Mini

View Postkreshwolf, on 25 September 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

My tank gets stuck, won't move forward or reverse, left or right.  After 30 or 40 seconds it jumps forward in time and tries to execute my inputs at double speed, or just shows where I died which is what happens most of the time.

Has this been happening RIGHT AFTER you guys updated to iOS 8? We are aware that Apple's new update has some issues, but there should be a fix for that soon. I would send in a ticket to Support and they can look into it further.

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Jager7080 #7 Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13563 battles
  • [_NME_]

View PostCampagnolo, on 25 September 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Has this been happening RIGHT AFTER you guys updated to iOS 8? We are aware that Apple's new update has some issues, but there should be a fix for that soon. I would send in a ticket to Support and they can look into it further.

It has happened to me as well...In Middelburg driving forward ,  all of a sudden my KV-1 starts to spin in a circle ! Took my hands off it & it was still spinning ! it happened the day after i downloaded iOS 8...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users