tier iv tier four four

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I am an improving tanker, and approached the game like a very typical new player.  Rush up tiers, because you know, higher level is better right?  OK, so once I learn that is not true, I focus on learning what I need to be successful.  My 30 day WR is pushing 54%, and I've been working on rehabbing my stats.  My first goal in this endeavor is to get all tiers to at least a 50% Win Rate, then at a later date I will consider taking each tank to over 50%.

So far I've done ok I think.  I'm over 50% in tiers 1,2,3 and 5.  And almost there at tier 6.  Seven will be harder as I lost a lot of games in Russian mediums before I knew any better.  Tier 8 is just a matter of time, since I've found my stride with the IS-3 (59%, 220 games)

Why it is so difficult for me to win at tier 4?  And do any of those reasons carry over to tier 7?

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_______________________r #2 Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20173 battles

LUCHS.  Which won't be a problem for long....

http://forum.wotblit...wed-april-6th/ 

Check out my VIDEOS on my Profile Page:   http://forum.wotblit...7o7-1016011594/

razernaga2014 #3 Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12045 battles
  • [SPUD]
Play luchs.  You only got about 2 days to do so.

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

Darkest_Flame #4 Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21139 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I think its more than just the Luchs that's affecting your win percentage, though I have to agree that the tank was HORRIBLY OP. Good thing its being nerfed, thanks o7o7 for the report on 2.8 :).

But, I also believe that it's the tier where new players first start to play a lot of battles in one tank. Before, in tiers 1-3, you only had to play 20 games MAX to move on to the next tier. Now, at tier 4, newer players will take a while to collect the experience needed to research the next tank in the line. More newer players at tier 4 usually means that your chance of winning is lowered.

Just my take on it. If someone believes differently, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

LE_gend_VI #5 Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20814 battles
  • [NIPS]

Regardless of tier I grab a good toon mate and work together to produce wins. Once you get the hang of working with a team mate solo you start to recognize what a random green is doing and you can work off them. They aren't the most dependable but 2 guns on 1 tank is always better outcome. 

Work on awareness. It's the single most important skill. If you can predict where the reds are headed, know where you have best cover, and can communicate to your team what they are possibly doing you can boost green teams awareness a bit more

Guderian5266 #6 Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24771 battles
  • [III-S]

Boris I totally applaud your approach to going back and improving in each tier before tackling the top tiers.

First thing I would suggest is more platoons with your clan mates if you can.

Second, work on hit rate and survival rate. Take the extra split second to make each shot count. Avoid trading damage early and look for more shots where they can't even

fire back at you. Try to at least last until near the end even if your team loses, and survive most times your team wins (I need to follow my own advice more here).

At tier 4 you are doing fine in the Luchs (nerf bat coming in 2 days). I'd say keep working on your game and platoon some more and tier 4 will come around for you.

All the tiers have changed over time. Tier 4 used to be the domain of the Hetzer and Matilda. Then the Pz IVD came

and crushed them. Lately it has been the Luchs, but who knows, after it gets nerfed a few times and something else comes along?

Community Pledge Signer

ChitFromChinola #7 Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 57065 battles
  • [-1]
I haven't looked at your profile, but try the PzIII and the PzIVD. The III is fast and tough with a fast-fire low alpha gun. The IV D is tough but slower, with a slow fire, big alpha gun. One of those will suit you. And of course the Luchs.

BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 04 April 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

I haven't looked at your profile, but try the PzIII and the PzIVD. The III is fast and tough with a fast-fire low alpha gun. The IV D is tough but slower, with a slow fire, big alpha gun. One of those will suit you. And of course the Luchs.

PzIII  = 42% over 38 games.  Most of those games will be from when I was a real nub.

PzIVD = 20% over 10 games.  I really detest this tank.  

Luchs = 58% over 53 games.  I don't like to drive this -- it's too squirrelly.  I have a real hard time making it go in a straight line, lol

I will probably settle into grinding my T-28 (55% over 100 games).  

Tanks for the replies!

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

cheasesteak #9 Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19641 battles
  • [COD-R]

Try DW 2.

Hit me up if you see me online.  I enjoyed the one time we platooned, and I like tier 4.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Hey Chease :)

I did just get a DW2.  So far so good, 4 and 0.  I do like heavies :)

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 04 April 2016 - 05:08 PM.

one_poor_player #11 Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4555 battles
<3    I love my Luchs - it's quick and I use it a lot to just scout for other playerson those opened up maps with desert and snow.

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 April 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hey Chease :)

I did just get a DW2.  So far so good, 4 and 0.  I do like heavies :)

Woot!  Got a Raisin :)

olddatsunfan #13 Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
  • [-CFR-]
I've been playing the DW2, the A20, the Luchs, the Covenanter and the AC-1 Sentinal in tier 4.  They all seem to be able to hold their own and are all fun to play too.  Strictly for rehabbing of course ....

Edited by olddatsunfan, 04 April 2016 - 07:50 PM.

QO6Y0A8.gif

BorisBaddenov #14 Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I cant do a thing with an A20.  Well.. I can do one thing ...

Spoiler

Also tagged with tier iv, tier four, four

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users