---Second Global Clan Summit Letter---

Second global clan meeting summit Letter to wargaming global clans global summit

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Gusman4 #41 Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20630 battles
  • [SPUDX]
WG, I was quite an avid player not great but not aweful either.  I spend money on blitz buy tanks here and there run premium time.  You have lost me on this last update.  I'm not sure much thought got put into this but you are losing your player base quickly.  Maybe you don't care and that's fine too.  I won't be back till broken economy is fixed booooooooooooo WG shame on you.

mike82198 #42 Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39276 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 11 April 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Plan is we yolo 5 battles at 400 ping and get on the Russian forum to get official responses and bring the fixing of this economic disaster faster?

I'm in

No. Much better can be done. On RU the developers have decided to open a special sub-forum - a "round table" as they called it - to interact with representatives of large and competitive clans. All that would be required to plug in the relevant clans from NA/EU is that half a dozen of us play 5 battles each on the RU server in order to get posting privilages on the RU forums. To the best of my knowledge, there are native Russian speaking officers in every large clan on both servers. This would be seamless. The only thing that needs to happen is a small nod from WG, a nod that would tell us that we are more than just a cash cow. 

TheOneManBand #43 Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

This is something we're going to work on. NA team was on a transitional period when Alo continued his career outside of WG but with Niko on board we can start to ramp up. I've been looking at how other smaller/indie teams handle community engagement. One game i'm particularly interested in is Fractured Space. They use Trello to show some level of transparency to what the team is working on. I think this initiative is FANTASTIC and i'm trying to champion something similar here at WG. It's a long-term project but this is how small teams scale their engagement. 

I am a huge fan of transparent development. This is our game (players and WG) so if there is a reasonable way we can lift up our skirts without giving out the whole kit and caboodle we will try to pursue this. We're experimenting with the Blitz to Meet You series to engage with folks. Response has been good so far so we will do more of these in the future. 

Thanks a lot Ratbat. We realize that it's not always easy to run a company and to do the jobs you guys do as moderators. We really hope that things can be fixed with the credit system and guys like those in the Merkavim clan will be much happier to play this game all the time and spend money.

_Irregular_Apocalypse mentioned the fact that we are not your typical group of hard core gamers in Blitz. Sure, there are a few clans that are. But most of us are indeed working guys and girls or students who enjoy playing on the side in our spare time. But that also means we can find something else to do as well. 

I really like Blitz, I have a lot of fun. And I'm totally cool with WG making money. But if WG wants to make money, they have to keep us users happy as well. And that means we have to feel like we can control our destiny and that we are not FORCED to pay money to play. Because if so, we won't play. Dale Carnegie wrote about that sort of thing in the 30s, it you want someone to do something, you have to make them feel in charge and that it is good for them. 

So like this letter said, we need to be able to feel that we can grind out hard tanks without premium if we want to. Then we'll buy premium to make it easier. We need to feel like consumables are useful. Then we'll buy provisions to get an edge. We need to have training rooms and clan wars. Because people want to play with their friends from time to time, and it would be a HUGE draw for players.

And thank you all for taking the time to listen, too many companies don't. I hope we can get concrete results from the conversation sooner than later before people give up on it out of frustration.

ABN_Bearcat #44 Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41042 battles
  • [DEF_6]

View PostFranceFleur, on 10 April 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Look, I am not losing a single credit. I have premium so you might say "Well no duh" but if you subtract the premium credit bonus, I still make credits. 

No way, what tank(s) are you playing? I have a premium account and I lose credits, except for premium tanks.

ahredstealth #45 Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postmike82198, on 12 April 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

No. Much better can be done. On RU the developers have decided to open a special sub-forum - a "round table" as they called it - to interact with representatives of large and competitive clans. All that would be required to plug in the relevant clans from NA/EU is that half a dozen of us play 5 battles each on the RU server in order to get posting privilages on the RU forums. To the best of my knowledge, there are native Russian speaking officers in every large clan on both servers. This would be seamless. The only thing that needs to happen is a small nod from WG, a nod that would tell us that we are more than just a cash cow. 

Moo.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

_Memphis_ #46 Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23766 battles
  • [III]

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 10 April 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

I'll load a 215b with tea and drive into the river

LOL I'll join you in a comet, meet you at the yellow submarine 

Now put your jammy jams on, daddies putting you to bed!

Player_5773117413 #47 Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:08 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]
Is there a list of all the NA clans that attended...or even got an invitation?

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

BootlegTampico #48 Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 13 April 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

Is there a list of all the NA clans that attended...or even got an invitation?

I can take a stab.

Spoiler

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

Chickenwingzilla #49 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36098 battles

I'm a little late to the party, as usual but on the issue of the provisions.  It's a choice, no one is forcing you to use them or shoot prammo!  I think about what and when I'm using these crutches and yes I have to play better.  I think that this is actually a good thing.  It keeps bad players from using a crutch to get wins or sacrifice silver witch keeps them from buying higher tier tanks.  It also let's more skillful players stretch the gap between the mediocre ones who will be bouncing more shots because their not shooting prammo.  You guys need to think things through.  Most people complained about the +1/-1 MM experiment and then when it was gone you realized what you had.

I think this will hurt dmg totals though because it now really hurts to be care free with prammo.

Btw on the implementation of ideas or the trello thing.  Take a page from war board game manufacturers.  Companies like GMT games, Decision Games and MMP usually have a pledge page where they post proposed games they will make and when they get a certain number of "pledges" thar aggree to buy the game it is manufactured.  Pledges usually get a discounted price as an incentive to purchase before the game is made.

OrionDerKrieger #50 Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12421 battles
  • [GLXY]

View PostFranceFleur, on 10 April 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

Look, I am not losing a single credit. I have premium so you might say "Well no duh" but if you subtract the premium credit bonus, I still make credits. 

If you look at your personal results after battle you would think you would have actually made credits every battle if you ran a non-premium account. That just shows how many credits you made. You have to go into statistics and see what you would have made after repair costs and all that. I was the same way as you, I didn't know there was a problem untill I actually went and looked into the credit section of the post battle results. There is/was a problem, it being fixed now though seeing as this is a late post on the subject. But still, just because you don't notice the problem doesn't mean it's not there. Not trying to sound rude, just trying to inform you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users