Training Rooms and Clan Competitions / Events

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #101 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles
Hard mode is we shoot at you as you race.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Chickenwingzilla #102 Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39708 battles
  • [-FE4R]

Ok I think I've read/skimmed all of the present posts.  As I have said and continually say BLITZ is the only WG game I have played.  From reading these posts my suspicions become more clear that a large handful of unicum blitz players are pc players.  Thus the high WR and obvious experience on the best direction to begin an account with.  Yet I must wallow I'm my mediocre WR until he'll freezes over because I truly began as a noob.  So I guess I'm relegated to a so called scrub clan because of this or I can throw my couple of hundred dollar investment away and re-roll. 

Anyway to the nuts and bolts of game mechanics of which I have a great deal of experience.

Everyone seems to be concerned about what their gonna get or how things are going to be formatted so they dont get screwed.  Maybe WG does a bracket system and Blitzkrieg gets paired up against a few nobody clans and walks to the final while Titan or USCUM gotta fight Grim and then Void followed by 501'st.  Good clans knocking eachother out. 

First, in my mind.  Logistics.  How do you get 7v7 or 5v5 or what ever together at the same time?  Don't say scheduling.  There's peo people that actually press a battle button and 15 seconds later are AFK.  If you care to hear what I think should happen to these PeOpleS,  PM me.  Its easy for a top clan to get a pool of good players but there are clans out there that only have maybe 5 or 7 ppl that are a 55%+ WR.  Maybe this will get guys thinking "I may be a scrub in USCUM but I can be a tank god some where else because im only on the bench for clan wars"  What happens when you guys get into a tourney and someone is AFK? Remember your playing for $$$ then they try and blame WG because the game crashed?  Maybe clans should be bracketed instead of people choosing who plays before they play against another clan...just saying.

Long and short the first problem to solve is logistics.

Next. Who will fight? Best WR?  I kinda started this in the last paragraph.  I disagree. I'm still a little sketchy on the whole win8 thing so I will just put forth my case. Their should be a multitude of factors. Damage dealt, WR, kills and cap points.  These are not equal.  Damage could be argued that you have skill in aim or accuracy.  WR could be considered luck as an attriubute,  kills or number of, could be viewed as awareness, and cap points for someone that has little hope to damage someone in a +2/-2 match capping could be intelligence.  I realize this sounds a little RPG but isn't that what your WR is?  Should clan leads make teams?  or what else will determine the chance to play?  It looks like most are thinking small like short matches to determine winners.  What about a "season" like the NFL where clans are in a division,  this could be 40 clans.  Total dmg, kills, or some other factor determine the top say 8 clans within that division those clans then enter a braket system...as i write this the logistics problem keeps coming to the front of my mind.  This is the biggest hurdle to beat before the rest is determined.  I think a league is the best resolution paid for in gold to join and play at a set time.  Just like a softball, bowling, golf, or basketball leauge. Maybe Clans could be structured into a class or weight division like wrestling (notWWE)  and a heavyweight clan will be part of a "team" of clans like tiers. Yes there are more D class clans that A class but this could have an A class clan with a CPU lass 

Third,  the big one.  Structure.  How will the event be?  Maybe the answer can be found in how some golf or racing leagues do it.  With a handicapp.  It would be a whole new system, algorithm but what if Blitzkrieg were to play ohh I don't know some scrub clan there's a hundred out there.  What if they played all -1 MM or 5v7 or something I haven't thought of to make it possible for said scrub clan to have a chance against them?  I'm not a Dev,  these are just proposals.  I mean first. How many clans are there? 

Maybe to be continued. I'm tired.  Sorry, I added some things as I proof read I know it's choppy.  I'm ready for the smart comments

Once again I know nothing about WoT pc and very little about blitz.  How complicated is it it's not like WG doesn't already have a template for clan wars running on PC.

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

Edited by Chickenwingzilla, 14 April 2016 - 09:28 AM.

_JenniferAniston #103 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 25360 battles

First. Most lit players are not from PC... Myself included. 

Second. Scheduling is scheduling. Your clan can't fill a roster then too bad... Your clan isn't competitive and loses.

just like in real life... You don't show up you don't win. 

Chickenwingzilla #104 Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39708 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Post_JenniferAniston, on 14 April 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

First. Most lit players are not from PC... Myself included. 

Second. Scheduling is scheduling. Your clan can't fill a roster then too bad... Your clan isn't competitive and loses.

Unfortunately this is not always the case.

Don't force me to create a Courtney Cox profile!  

ahredstealth #105 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_JenniferAniston, on 14 April 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

Yeah, with clans of 50 people, getting seven on at one time shouldn't be a problem unless your clan is full of alt accounts.

Old World of Warcrack gamer, here...  I remember raiding.  You just scheduled the time to raid.  People showed up.  You had a few extra just in case someone had bad guacamole and couldn't get off the can.

Seven out of fifty choices should be doable for clans that actually want to participate.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

mike82198 #106 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39638 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostChickenwingzilla, on 14 April 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

From reading these posts my suspicions become more clear that a large handful of unicum blitz players are pc players.  Thus the high WR and obvious experience on the best direction to begin an account with.  Yet I must wallow I'm my mediocre WR until he'll freezes over because I truly began as a noob.  So I guess I'm relegated to a so called scrub clan because of this or I can throw my couple of hundred dollar investment away and re-roll. 

1. The vast majority of unicum blitz players have never played WoT PC in their lives - neither before nor after starting on Blitz. 

2. High win rates usually reflect experience in gaming as a whole, some common sense and willingness to learn

3. There are plenty of people who began as true noobs and are now as elite as one gets. For instance

4. Only middling stat-padding clans would care about your "mediocre WR". What will relegate you to a so-called "scrub clan" is the fact you've been unable to competently progress up the tiers. 

5. If there is inefficiency in the recruiting process of clans (stat-padding at the expense of quality) it will be very quickly exposed: stats don't play the game, players do, and the best performing players - irrespective of their historical stats in public battles - will not be in "scrub clans" for long. 

Now that is out of the way, the issue of scheduling is simple: an active clan will be able to produce 7 people when given a week's notice. Otherwise, it's not a clan. 

As for handicapping better clans? Baloney. If Clan B wants to remove 2 players from rival Clan A in order to give Itself a chance, then Clan B shouldn't even be trying to play against Clan A and belongs in a lower tier of competition. If you want to compete at the top then the demands are equal of all - clans and players alike.

tlouie #107 Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 April 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Hard mode is we shoot at you as you race.

Multi-TOG roadblock.

ScumbagJuJu #108 Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Ahred I do agree with you don't get me wrong. I was just tired of all the salt being thrown and he top clans. A skin would be awesome! Like a solid gold camo for a tank! I would love me a solid gold Obj 140!

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

Gib_Savages #109 Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 14 April 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Ahred I do agree with you don't get me wrong. I was just tired of all the salt being thrown and he top clans. A skin would be awesome! Like a solid gold camo for a tank! I would love me a solid gold Obj 140!

Yes please!

Type 59, but you get the idea...

ScumbagJuJu #110 Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Yep Gibs. That's exactly what I was thinking!

Archie761 #111 Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27721 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostGib_Savages, on 14 April 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yes please!

Gib, is that from the silly expensive bundle that was on the Asian server?

It would be really cool to have a gold tank skin although you might kinda stand out once spotted!

MSixteen #112 Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18639 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostArchie761, on 14 April 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Gib, is that from the silly expensive bundle that was on the Asian server?

It would be really cool to have a gold tank skin although you might kinda stand out once spotted!

I think it equated to around $500 USD for the Type 59G 

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

dhwarrior505 #113 Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3632 battles

Why cant we use esports rules for the tournaments? I see people asking esports to do tournaments for blitz.

_DragonKRIEG #114 Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 31453 battles
  • [RGN]

Who plays in clan wars? Clan picks 7 people to form a team, and everyone must play at least once before players are recycled so nobody sits on the bench. If your clan can't have 7 people out of 50 playing at a time scheduled with a week's notice then it's not a clan, it's a bunch of people who want tags next to their name. Also, match ups be placed randomly on the bracket so the good clans knock each other out near the end. No handicaps to anything, because this is basically eSports. Play to win, no making it fair bla bla bla. If you're incompetent then you're incompetent, your problem 

ahredstealth #115 Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 21 April 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Who plays in clan wars? Clan picks 7 people to form a team, and everyone must play at least once before players are recycled so nobody sits on the bench. If your clan can't have 7 people out of 50 playing at a time scheduled with a week's notice then it's not a clan, it's a bunch of people who want tags next to their name. Also, match ups be placed randomly on the bracket so the good clans knock each other out near the end. No handicaps to anything, because this is basically eSports. Play to win, no making it fair bla bla bla. If you're incompetent then you're incompetent, your problem 

While I completely agree that the same seven people shouldn't be able to fight all the battles for your clan (So you can basically have a "Starting Line UP" or whatever, I feel that requiring all 50 people to play before someone gets a second chance may be a bit harsh.

We have some Clan Members that have two week work shifts where they can't play.  And others that just don't get on often.  I don't think they (or we) should be hamstrung due to the fact that a few members can't play.

What the solution is, I don't know, but I would say I'm against using the COMPLETE 50 person roster before someone can participate again.  I'm also against the same 7 people playing for the Clan each game.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Gambit_o7 #116 Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39671 battles
  • [NORM]

View PostGib_Savages, on 14 April 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yes please!

This vehicle so needs bedazzling. 

Kangthekid #117 Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37757 battles

View PostVKenta, on 11 April 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Make like a sport season (soccer in Europe for example)

Several leagues/pools, seasons of like 2 weeks and [edit:] 2 games against the same clan

Clans choose a few maps on which they don't want to play it.

One clan play 'at home' and choose the tier unless the opposite clan doesn't have it.

To determine the winner of each league/pool, make some averages of useless data depending on the number of battle fought, average damage, win rate, quality of the opponent, etc

Then the best clans fight each other and all of them win prizes while the clan which were eliminated during the first part fight each other to see who's the best(s) of them and these clan win rewards. The next seasons, pools/league are made in function of the ranking of the clan and the most important

It prammo isn't limited, its gonna be 7 t62a/obj140 vs 7 t62a/obj140 all full of heat

Also what happens in CW should affect the clan stats for sure but maybe  not the personal ones.

I would love to see how 7 russian meds getting slaughtered by 7 fv215bs in fort and himmo 

dhwarrior505 #118 Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3632 battles

Look we can have a mlb type format. We have different divisions and you play against everyone once in your division. But there will be different leagues like the t6 league that has 4 divisions and each division has about 2-8 teams then we have the playoffs. Top 8 teams with best w/l ratio will go to playoffs. And if we can make this into a real sport winners get real money for winning the playoffs. 

But some downsides is that some people won't have time for thus so maybe on the weekend at say 6:00 pm PST. And the timezones we need to set a certain time frame for all timezones. 

00011111 #119 Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

CWNA Council

• Players
  • 24777 battles
  • [HARDY]

Considering all the people who are whining about having unfair advantages...

How about a tournament format in two stages. Preliminary stage both teams get identical tanks as  provided by WG for the match. 

Identical loadouts

identical ammo

identical everything

During this first stage, you have two identical teams made up of a healthy mix of heavy/light/medium/td. Players on each team decide which tank they want to drive from the available pool. 

After the top 4/8/16/32 whatever teams are decided, teams can decide their own mix of tanks/loadouts/ammo etc and a simple single elimination second stage tournament commences and the only restriction is that tanks are all in one tier.

With this format, we split the group further into 10 tiers. Each clan during a tournament may enter only one tier.

Pre-Tournament:

Round Robin tanks are announced for each tier. Participating clans whose members have the round robin tanks in their garages for a given tier are eligible to participate. Clans may only participate in one tier. Participants may only drive tanks they have in their garage.

We want each side to have equal tanks so that driving ability and teamwork are the only variables to determine which team should advance to the second stage.

Stage One: Round Robin

A match is three battles. 

The three battles will be played on the same three maps for each round robin match.

Tanks and configurations are chosen by the server, and players who have a chosen tank in their garage may drive it for the competition.

Points are awarded at the end of every battle as follows:

1 For every tank surviving at the end of the game (win or lose)

10 For a win by base cap

7 For a win by total annihilation 

The point values can vary, but I would prefer giving a stronger bias to capturing the base if only to make the cap-rush strategy more viable. 

Stage Two: Single Elimination

After five stage one matches (15 battles), the top 32 clans are chosen based on the number of points acquired. Any ties are broken by damage done and base points captured by the end of the battle. One base point is equal to 1/100th the total health of all tanks on the enemy team combined. 

Teams can be made up of any configuration of tank, ammo, consumable, etc. 

Couple advantages...

Clans from all levels are able to participate where they feel the strongest. 

Initial qualification is based solely on team cohesion and driving ability.

Wider blitz community can participate and accomplish various awards.

ScumbagJuJu #120 Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
WG stiffed on helping with prizing... Super blow to my motivation on running tournaments. I guess I will let WG figure it out and engage the community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users