Training Rooms and Clan Competitions / Events

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

evil00genius #21 Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41695 battles
  • [III-X]

Contra some of those who just want to run tier 10, I think that it would be much more interesting to have clan competitions (and by proxy training rooms) where you have a wider selection of play standards. 

Examples:

1) Tier 7, only two mediums and two heavies per team, no provisions and no more than 10% of shells can be premium ammo.

2) Three tier 5 and four tier 6, all stock.

3) Tier X unlimited.

This lets clans with a wider user base compete and if the competition system could enforce such a variety of game conditions I have hope that a training room system would offer a similar selection of easily configured ranges of tank types, tiers, loadouts, and consumables/provisions for practice and casual intra-clan and inter-clan gameplay.

Edited by evil00genius, 11 April 2016 - 11:09 AM.

Oralflame #22 Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16756 battles
For maps, I'd like Castilla, Canal, Falls Creek, and overall dynamic maps.

King_Zacarias #23 Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12481 battles
  • [LVIF]
Use discord to set it up, everyone uses discord now.

Pledge Signer 

"The Truth Hurts" - My Mom 2005

I like Butterflies

The root of all problems are other people

Dixie_Flyer #24 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [ELIM]

View PostKing_Zacarias, on 11 April 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

Use discord to set it up, everyone uses discord now.

not everybody uses discord 

evil00genius #25 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41695 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostIgniteTheFire, on 11 April 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

For maps, I'd like Castilla, Canal, Falls Creek, and overall dynamic maps.

Only if all the tanks were turretless TDs.  For the lulz.

Oh yes, new competition request: all T95s, HE only, on Castilla.

Edited by evil00genius, 11 April 2016 - 12:18 PM.

TheOneManBand #26 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Should there be qualifiers? For example, the clan page in the game lists a clan's Battle Efficiency. Do you think this is a good way to determine clan match-ups?

Thanks for getting our input on this! Definitely the best way is to base it on WR AND Avg. Dmg. Either one exclusively can skew thingss. And make it a seeded bracket based on the 4 multipliers, every clan who signs up on time gets in and you will have match ups like 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 or 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15 etc., depending on bracket size.

TheOneManBand #27 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

With our CEO all but confirming Training Rooms it's a good time to expand the kind of Clan-Based activities we will be able to do in NA. We are trying to determine what kind of events we can begin to consider for Clan Competitions.

• What tiers should we consider for these competitions?
  • What format should these competition events take?
  • What maps should be in the rotation?
  • What kind of prizes would be interesting for these competitive events?

1. I think you should at least consider all tiers 5 and up. Have a bracket that needs to be filled with, say, 32 or 64 teams each available. Until it's filled any clan can sign up, and have one bracket for each tier.

2. I like just a 5 on 5 (maybe 7 on 7) brawl. Have set times for each game so the teams can plan.

3. I personally think there should be a certain amount of maps in the rotation depending on bracket size. One map for all games in each round. So if the bracket is 32, there would be 5 maps in the rotation. If the bracket is 64, there would be 6 maps. Of the maps, I prefer the following:

- Middleville

- Castillo

- Canal

- Port Bay

- Oasis Palms

- Mirage

4. I think a lot of people would enjoy the competition, and prizes are great but not the most important. With that being said, perhaps the winning clan team should get a special premium tank, and the final 4 teams a couple days of premium time, or a small amount of gold.

Edited by TheOneManBand, 11 April 2016 - 12:36 PM.

CausticFlames #28 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11216 battles
  • [DFNT]
Don't see a reason to limit gold ammo or an odd tier. Watching normal tourneys gold ammo is standard. Tier 6, 8 or ten no vehicle restrictions. It's up to the clan to decide if they wanna run a heavy or med set up. The team sizes depend on how much the server can handle. If we want to make it like strongholds then it's what? Teams of 8? Match ups need to happen after a preliminary round. Use an rng system to determine who plays who do upsets can happen and they can't prepare to fight X team if they know who before hand. That would be for the next round. 

MSixteen #29 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18639 battles
  • [_V_]

I'd like to see a tournament that, as you advance through the tournament, you advance up the tiers. Like for a 32 person bracket it would go like this:

32 teams: T6

16 teams: T7

8 teams: T8

4 teams: T9

2 teams: T10

That way there is the diversity that people will be looking for, and the better your clan is, the more competitive the tier should be. T10 is the pinnacle of the game, so that should be what the final is staged in.

As for the maps: the more the merrier. If you could use old maps not in the regular rotation like the PC version does, that'd be great! I wouldn't mind doing an exhibition match on the old Oasis Palms!

No limit on premium ammo/consumables/provisions during the tournament. It's supposed to be the best of the best, so why not use the best equipment?

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

ScumbagJuJu #30 Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I posted a thread about tournaments weeks ago and got very little interest. NOW everyone is interested?! Guess I will revive my thread.

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

MSixteen #31 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18639 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 11 April 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

I posted a thread about tournaments weeks ago and got very little interest. NOW everyone is interested?! Guess I will revive my thread.

if it's run by WG, then there will be a gold reward. people like gold rewards.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MutzLivesMatter #32 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10019 battles

Tier 8 over all, since lots of people dont have tier 10 but still want to play (I only have 1.....)

RNG Poll to choose clan that will fight (ie Kreig will fight good clans like GRIM and XPD and bad clans ie troll clans)

Or there is 4 division (like PC team battle) the Elite Clans (USCUM, GRIM, XPD and all those purple only clans are in division A, and so on and so on) But it is hard to get a over all 1st place since it eliminated black horse team

Price: VK4501... it is in the game WG dont hide.. Put 60 patton in (easy balance, a  quicky) and IS5 I heard it is in..

ScumbagJuJu #33 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 April 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

if it's run by WG, then there will be a gold reward. people like gold rewards.

Correct. I can run a tournament/competition and have wargaming do the prizing. Also I was going to put cold hard cash towards the winners as well out of my own pocket if the WG prizing was lack luster. Just because I don't work for WG doesn't mean I can't run an honest, competitive tournament with good prizing. 

Edited by ScumbagJuJu, 11 April 2016 - 02:23 PM.

66_75_63_6b_20_79_6f_75 #34 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

1. Simplicity.

Use the KISS theory, Keep It Simple Stalin.

Use existing platform as is, start by just allowing Clans to, basically be a 7 man platoon. 

2. Pool all the Clan Platoons into training rooms.

3. Generate random matches (random will eliminate cheating).

4. Leave this option for training rooms on 24/7. Anyone with a 7 man platoon can get into pool. This will allow anyone to play.  WR, Damage should be turned off in Clan Rooms. Will just promote Stat padding or Fake Clans for Stats padding.

5. For competition, set a time window, 2hrs., 4,hrs. etc. Use the template for current competition, base it on damage and winrate, survival, victories, defeats, make draws negative points.

6. For Clan Competition to be effevtive, eliminating ability to generate alternate accounts must be cracked down on. Would create possibIy of Fake Clans entering and throwing matches.

WG should do some form of Device/IP trace and block.

Edited by R0CKET, 11 April 2016 - 01:45 PM.

SkiFletch #35 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30801 battles
  • [SRT]
So umm, Training Rooms are on our doorstep, and nobody over there in either the North American, nor the Global offices has thought about how you will/would/could use them for contest purposes?  I'm glad you're asking us, but the answers should be pretty obvious.  We've told you for close to a year now, what we'd like to use them for.  Facilitating those topics and requests could have been something whomever is in charge of designing contests over there should have been doing for quite some time.  Or better yet, over the last few months as it was clear we were finally getting SOME form of traction on training rooms, ask us these questions then, so that when they arrive, you could have had an awesome contest setup for your second or third week of that update ready to roll.  Now, it's going to be quite some time before the over-tasked staff in your office can come up with something in time for release of training rooms.  We'll probably end up just handling it ourselves without the corporate baggage/planning.

mike82198 #36 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39638 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostFoo4Boo, on 11 April 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

This is going to be just like high school.

Its going to be like life. 

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

With our CEO all but confirming Training Rooms it's a good time to expand the kind of Clan-Based activities we will be able to do in NA. We are trying to determine what kind of events we can begin to consider for Clan Competitions.

• What tiers should we consider for these competitions?
  • What format should these competition events take?
  • What maps should be in the rotation?
  • What kind of prizes would be interesting for these competitive events?

There's a lot of ways this can go as you can see. When Training Rooms come out i'm sure clans will experiment and see what formats would work best in the first iteration of this feature. There are a variety of clans at different stages of recruitment and levels so we want to hear your ideas.

1) I think you should consider all tiers above and including 4 for competitions, while creating both floors and ceilings to allow for lower skilled clans to also win some things. And encouraging people to play all nations/tanks/tiers. It would be nice, for instance, to have "An All American Brawl" in early July, etc. 

2) Brackets. Seeding. The usual. 

3) Poll us about the maps. No one wants to see unbalanced maps (Mines, Goldville) or ones that don't allow for dynamic play (Copperfield, Himmelsdorf). 

4) Depending on the competition. Tier 10 super tournament? High tier exclusive premium. Tier 4 contest? Some silly little German seal clubber tankette. 

But it this is all banal and obvious. 

How about you tell us what you have in mind for this?

spamalot2010 #37 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles

Tier by tier competitions, bracket style, full clan members allowed to play on a team, IE Triari could use any of their members.

1. Dynamic maps only such as Canal, Castilla, Falls Creek, etc.

2. full premium features allowed

3. prizes based on the tier level, tier 2-4 only gold. tier 5-7 gold or premium tank of the same tier as you competed in. tier 8-10 exclusive premium tank.

4. 7v7 matches

5. all clans invited and able to attend, so Uscum and SRT vs sub 45%er clans. While this might seem unfair, I've seen teams full of 60%+ players get overconfident and lose to a team of scrubs.

ScumbagJuJu #38 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
http://forum.wotblit...465#entry733465

I'll leave this here....

ScumbagJuJu #39 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/46377-inaugural-clan-tournament/page__pid__733465#entry733465

Gib_Savages #40 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles

- ascending tier competition would be interesting, ending in the finals being at tier 10 obviously. 

- though I think clan wars should be based around or finish with tier 10 ( if your clan does not have tier 10 then your clan may not be ready for clan wars? ), though to be more inclusive there could be divisions. For example 3 different tournaments ending in tiers 10, 8, 6?

- round robin style is tested and true. Possibly best of 7, draw carries over.

- I think prizing should be scaled to how many competitions there are. If one tournament per month I don't think it unreasonable to prize a premium tank ( 7 tanks per month, 94 per year ). If divisions are created, only highest tier division competes for the premium tank. Lower divisions are awarded gold or premium time.

- I would love to see an exclusive premium tank for the winners of clan wars. If not for every war, depending on how obiquitous they are, then possibly for each "season" or year end final?

-preferably clan war battles would not be included in regular stats but hopefully we could see a separate clan wars stats area?

-clan wars, or at very least all finals, should be recorded server side by WG and be available to view for all. I'm sure streaming any finals would gather a ton of interest also. I volunteer Lephturn & Lokeen to commentate.  ;)

Thank you for asking for feedback. Obviously everyone is excited for clan wars and want to make it the best we possibly can.

As Mike noted above, I would be very interested to get your input as to what you would like to see. Not what is possible, but your wish list. Also how close to clan wars on PC would you like to see the Blitz iteration? What would you like to change, what do you think we could do better, what are the challenges on your end?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users