• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

WouldChip #41 Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 39554 battles
  • [III]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 April 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

I'd like to see a tournament that, as you advance through the tournament, you advance up the tiers. Like for a 32 person bracket it would go like this:

32 teams: T6

16 teams: T7

8 teams: T8

4 teams: T9

2 teams: T10

That way there is the diversity that people will be looking for, and the better your clan is, the more competitive the tier should be. T10 is the pinnacle of the game, so that should be what the final is staged in.

As for the maps: the more the merrier. If you could use old maps not in the regular rotation like the PC version does, that'd be great! I wouldn't mind doing an exhibition match on the old Oasis Palms!

No limit on premium ammo/consumables/provisions during the tournament. It's supposed to be the best of the best, so why not use the best equipment?

I like this for the most part. I would envision a qualifying week for all clans where only the stats for that qualifying week matter for inclusion/exclusion in the tourney. That way, no clan is brought down by poor performances from the past. Only those in clan during qualifying week are eligible (i.e. no last minute swaps to pad teams). Top 64 qualify and run the brackets. I personally like the WGLNA style of using points to pick team makeup. Example: 63 points per team to determine tier use. 1 tier 10 (10), 5 tier 9 (45), 1 tier 8 (8). Some variation of this would allow flexibility of team makeup and keep strengths relatively equal for tight competition.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

SGM_zorbaz #42 Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

Executive Officer & CWNA Council

• Players
  • 25438 battles

I would recommend a clan based 7 man team using 64 slot bracket on a first come, first serve basis. The bracket would be spread using the number in which you joined to place your self in the bracket. E.g the third clan team to register would be the third seed team.

a clan could field no more than one team. All players must be in the same in game clan not clan families. Prizes should be rewarded for the great eight, fantastic four and for third, second, and first place. Each member of the team should receive a equal prize. With perhaps a premium time bonus given to the whole clan that the team represents. Each clan can say they are entering a team and the clans will face off at time TBD by wargaming, or at the agreement of the clans in question.

"Show me a man with grit, skill and zeal, who fears and overcomes fears, and I will show you a Spartan." 

SGM_zorbaz[SRT]Officer, μολὼν λαβέ

furicle #43 Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 50778 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostMSixteen, on 11 April 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

I'd like to see a tournament that, as you advance through the tournament, you advance up the tiers. Like for a 32 person bracket it would go like this:

32 teams: T6

16 teams: T7

8 teams: T8

4 teams: T9

2 teams: T10

No limit on premium ammo/consumables/provisions during the tournament. It's supposed to be the best of the best, so why not use the best equipment?

Because the best are best in spite of their equipment, not because of it....

And putting players in unfamiliar equipment will showcase skill nicely. 

An average player with a lot of experience in a given tank/equipment/provisions load out can hang with a good player who's not as familar.  Levels the playing field.

Limiting prammo makes sense too - more variables, more to think about, more skill required.

Edited by furicle, 11 April 2016 - 03:46 PM.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Senator_Ratbat #44 Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostFoo4Boo, on 11 April 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

This is going to be just like high school.

All the best clans get picked first to battle and all the garbage clans get to sit on the side lines and watch. I'd rather go to the training rooms than watch Titan and MAHOU fight it out.

So how about a wild card spot where clans that don't necessarily qualify get a shot at some of the better clans.

Also some kind of stat that keeps track of your clan wars record.

This is exactly the situation we want to avoid. Blitz has a range of clans so if we run something we should be inclusive. If you just want to have casual competitions then this is something the community can run but for competitive events with prizes then there should be some minimum requirements. I do like the idea of a wildcard.

ScumbagJuJu #45 Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

This is exactly the situation we want to avoid. Blitz has a range of clans so if we run something we should be inclusive. If you just want to have casual competitions then this is something the community can run but for competitive events with prizes then there should be some minimum requirements. I do like the idea of a wildcard.

Exactly! Want to win that high tier premium that no one else can have, be the best, beat the best. Why should everyone be included in that?! Do the second place team in the World Series get a World Series champions trophy as well? Nope. 

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

StronkTenks #46 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 11 April 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Exactly! Want to win that high tier premium that no one else can have, be the best, beat the best. Why should everyone be included in that?! Do the second place team in the World Series get a World Series champions trophy as well? Nope. 

VK 72.01K hype!

_TheBull_ #47 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14784 battles

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 April 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

With our CEO all but confirming Training Rooms it's a good time to expand the kind of Clan-Based activities we will be able to do in NA. We are trying to determine what kind of events we can begin to consider for Clan Competitions.

• What tiers should we consider for these competitions?
  • What format should these competition events take?
  • What maps should be in the rotation?
  • What kind of prizes would be interesting for these competitive events?

There's a lot of ways this can go as you can see. When Training Rooms come out i'm sure clans will experiment and see what formats would work best in the first iteration of this feature. There are a variety of clans at different stages of recruitment and levels so we want to hear your ideas.

WG will be sponsoring clan competitions?  That's going to open you up to all kinds of criticism given the number of clans of which some will likely feel cheated.  So the 'format' has to be something that is clan skill neutral.  I would proceed with caution and let the clans figure out how to structure clan wars in training rooms, initially.  Here's my thoughts:

• It has to be open to all tiers.  Otherwise, some clans won't have enough members to field a tier 10 only match.  OR the competition is open to different tiers and the clan can only select one to participate in.
  • The format is tricky.  How do you even the playing field for a lower ranked clan to compete with a super Unicum clan?  Clearly, one of the formats just has to be a competition for bragging rights amongst the clans.  Best players of one clan straight up against best players of another in a drag down brag fest.  I would suggest a bracket approach with best of 3 or 5 or 7 games to proceed.  Let any clan enter that wants a shot at the title or have a qualification of some type.
  • Format for a more broad competition is more complicated because you need to come up with some type of a handicap or tier system to normalize skill.  Good luck and I'm not sure I'd try but some type of WN8 ranking would probably be best.   Maybe evaluate WN by tier or tank for competitions at different tiers.
  • For the map, I would do a coin flip where the winning team has the choice of either map or spawn location.  If they chose spawn location, the other team gets to select the map.  I think all maps should be in play. 
  • Prizes are for WG to pick.  Clearly, if you are sponsoring, the prizes are your choice.  Credits, gold, premium time, premium tanks would bring folks out.  Would be good to have prizes for individual contribution, as well.  Most damage, most kills, most XP (even if not earned in game), etc.  Think of a corporate golf tourtament where the top teams get prizes and the individual contributors get something.

Regardless of what you decide interns of structure or prizes, you have my thanks!  And thank you for soliciting the communities input!

StealthBrigade #48 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4948 battles
  • [MAXXX]

View Postalexbuildit, on 11 April 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Suddenly realized we were talking about clan match-ups, might be easier to assemble a 5 man team not solely from the same clan/clans... Would work for easier set up etc. Like team battles on PC.

Yeah I Was Thinking something Similar To Team Battles On pc. If blitz implemented something like this THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. 

FlammeumDraco333 #49 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

I'm not too sure how clan wars and the like would work, but a sort of bracket system is, IMHO, the best idea. Maybe every month or so have a WG sponsored clan war tourney, where 32-64 clans are picked/nominated to play, and over the course of the month, they battle it out, and the winning clan gets a nice reward, and second, third, etc. get lesser awards. I think tier/tank types should be up to each individual clan, so basically, when Clan A and Clan B are up to face each other, they agree on certain tier(s) they want to play, and maybe other options like tank types, etc.

I just wanna be able to bring my Tiger out for a couple rounds and spam APCR at the upper plates of some skrubs.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

ScumbagJuJu #50 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:45 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Why is everyone so against skill based clan matches? I don't get it!!! Competition... Who is the best?! I get the not so much skill based competitions but majority are wanting to suppress super unicum clans. Why? Does the NCAA tournament tell Duke, Kentucky, Kansas "You guys can't play this one, it would hurt others feelings."

evil00genius #51 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41535 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 11 April 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

Why is everyone so against skill based clan matches? I don't get it!!! Competition... Who is the best?! I get the not so much skill based competitions but majority are wanting to suppress super unicum clans. Why? Does the NCAA tournament tell Duke, Kentucky, Kansas "You guys can't play this one, it would hurt others feelings."

No one is opposed, but do not mistake tier X genital-waving contests for a determinant of in-game skill.  If you have what it takes I am sure it will shine in lower tiers as well, and like a Duke or Kansas you could end up bounced in the first round because you were too cocky or not really as good as you think when the time comes to deliver against an unseeded opponent.

Edited by evil00genius, 11 April 2016 - 07:30 PM.

_AzorAhai #52 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 44401 battles
  • [PURPL]
Yi would like to see the regular formats like 7/54, 768, and 7/70. Besides this I understand the standard argument about how if you do a qualifiers then all the good clans will get the top spot and the lower clans will just get to watch. This is easily addressed, create multiple levels of competitiveness. Say 5 levels, those most competitive can play in league 5 where those that want to participate can play in league 1. This also reduces the need for massive tourney brackets. Obviously there will have to be some for of cutoff so not everyone floods a single league bracket, but at least everyone will get a chance to participate an move between leagues. Also I think to start we should do a massive, say month long, round robin. This will allow every clan to be given a ranking rather than base it off of stats. For example one clan could have terrible stars because of some really bad people but still be really good. Alternatively a really good clan could be bad but are just mainly stat ladders at tier 3. We could even do a low tier tournament such as like teams of 3 people at tier 3 or 4

LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | Void Discord: yNVEZSH | Blitz Discord sR2X6Hp  

Click Image for My YouTube Channel

_AzorAhai #53 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 44401 battles
  • [PURPL]
Then each separate league will have a range of rankings. Your clan or team will play in the corresponding league where your ranking fits. As you he erred you can move to the next league and so on.

LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | Void Discord: yNVEZSH | Blitz Discord sR2X6Hp  

Click Image for My YouTube Channel

ruggs225 #54 Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31171 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Interesting thoughts so far. I do like the idea of no consumables, prammo etc. But maybe this shouldn't be standard but rather a "hardcore" clan war event. Maybe do competitions with different parameters. Such as this one. Maybe another where everyone has to use the exact same tank, or same class of tanks. I think different types of competition parameters would be more interesting than the same parameters all the time.

though if it does to the route of same parameters, I do hope thy limit the amount of same tanks a team can have.l to no more than 1 or 2. Would be annoying and boring seeing teams of 7 Russian mediums constantly. 

Payouts should be gold or special premium tanks. Im not too familiar with WOT but don't they have a world map where clans get resources and gold. Would that be feasible for us?

Senator_Ratbat #55 Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]

Forgot to mention in the first post

• Touch Screen league, KB + M league - since there are people who play one or the other

razernaga2014 #56 Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12126 battles
  • [SPUD]

In PC, I believe teams are allowed to pick a few maps that they don't want to play on.  That should be a thing imo.

There should be tournaments, sponsored by WG for significant prizes, but clans should also be able to coordinate competitions among other clans without WG sponsorship.  Like a challenge of sorts.  SPUDX challenges SPUD.  All with clan war formatting instead of training room formatting.

Clans opt in players like PC.

Standard mm formatting like 7/54, 7/68, and 7/70.  Randomly selected.

Levels of competition, like our Ace_of_Spades1216 mentioned.  Winners of these leagues win WG sponsored prizes.

Edited by razernaga2014, 11 April 2016 - 08:36 PM.

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

Gib_Savages #57 Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 11 April 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

I 100% agree with you. This is clan against clan, who can win on equal footing. No clan should be limited in any way because they are good. This would only dilute the validity of the competition.

And though clan wars should possibly not be fully tier 10, this is where the finals should be. It's the top of the game and apparently the most balanced. If your clan doesn't have tier 10 tanks, well hopefully you do for the next competition.

Herodotus4 #58 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]
Limit prammo, otherwise watch the medium/heavium spam. Not to 1-2 rounds but maybe to the HP of your tank in damage rounding up (possibly excepting some tanks like E-100, FV4202 or FV183)

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

ScumbagJuJu #59 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25639 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostGib_Savages, on 11 April 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

I 100% agree with you. This is clan against clan, who can win on equal footing. No clan should be limited in any way because they are good. This would only dilute the validity of the competition.

And though clan wars should possibly not be fully tier 10, this is where the finals should be. It's the top of the game and apparently the most balanced. If your clan doesn't have tier 10 tanks, well hopefully you do for the next competition.

Thank you, that is all I am trying to say! Genius, I am not talking about a who's "***" is bigger contest. Clan wars are competitive, end of story. Want to be the best, then prove it. I know as well as anybody that an unknown team could knock out any of the big names just as easy as one of the big names could run the table. Set it up bracket style and let everyone play it out. No neutralizing dark purple clans crap is all I am saying.

Edited by ScumbagJuJu, 11 April 2016 - 10:18 PM.

VKenta #60 Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17100 battles

Make like a sport season (soccer in Europe for example)

Several leagues/pools, seasons of like 2 weeks and [edit:] 2 games against the same clan

Clans choose a few maps on which they don't want to play it.

One clan play 'at home' and choose the tier unless the opposite clan doesn't have it.

To determine the winner of each league/pool, make some averages of useless data depending on the number of battle fought, average damage, win rate, quality of the opponent, etc

Then the best clans fight each other and all of them win prizes while the clan which were eliminated during the first part fight each other to see who's the best(s) of them and these clan win rewards. The next seasons, pools/league are made in function of the ranking of the clan and the most important

View PostHerodotus4, on 11 April 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Limit prammo, otherwise watch the medium/heavium spam. Not to 1-2 rounds but maybe to the HP of your tank in damage rounding up (possibly excepting some tanks like E-100, FV4202 or FV183)

It prammo isn't limited, its gonna be 7 t62a/obj140 vs 7 t62a/obj140 all full of heat

Also what happens in CW should affect the clan stats for sure but maybe  not the personal ones.

Edited by VKenta, 12 April 2016 - 12:08 AM.

Tier 10s: fv-215b, fv-215b (183), obj.140, obj.268, fv-4202

Premium tanks: kv-5, is-3 defender, Lowe, pz4 anko, kuro mori

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users