Curse of the Dragon?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

BVZ_24 #1 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:29 AM

Glass Cannon

• Players
  • 21101 battles
  • [EDGE]
My Type 62 is cursed. I play great in it. Just had 3x 2500 damage games in a row and a 3500 game. I also just lost the last 4 games I played in it. I have an average damage of 1100 in it, and a 60% winrate, but somehow I only have a 33% winrate in the T62. I need some help winning with that tank. Anyone?

wannabeunicum #2 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45247 battles
  • [-MM]
2 words 
Spoiler

APaperTiger #3 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19131 battles

View Postwannabeunicum, on 12 April 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

2 words 
Spoiler

2 words

Spoiler

As for the OP: All my high-damage losses in the Dragon come when I am too aggressive. Spot more, shoot fewer. As an exercise, this week I took the Dragon out with only the 9 AP, 5 HEAT, and 3 HE. That's more than enough ammo to do my own health in damage, but it's not enough to carry a weak team. When you are that low on Ammo, you start really thinking about your shots. Are you safe? Will you hit? Can you escape? Can you help others on your team by turning the enemy's turret to you, or spotting him, or zipping through the cap circle to startle them?

After three games of playing the tank with only 17 shells, I went back to my standard loadout, and I started winning a lot more often.

L1LBunnyFooFoo_ #4 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

• Players
  • 22936 battles
Try platooning. The type 62 isn't the type of tank that can easily carry a game. Light tanks require a lot of map awareness and general game knowledge (spotting mechanisms, camouflage, etc.) 1,100 average damage isn't particularly high, so I would suggest playing your games at a slower pace, think about the possible outcome of your actions before making them.  I wouldn't know because I'm just a scrub.  

r4zrbl4de #5 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:53 AM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14304 battles
  • [ATLS]

What's your mindset when you start a match? For me, I go to the hilly areas, sit on top of hills, and scout. I try to avoid cities at all cost, because my view range and camo is basically useless there. It also helps a lot to have backup with you as you scout; best case scenario, the entire team has your back. Scout some enemies, and depending on how many you see, either flank or disappear for a little bit, and scout again. 

For instance, if you spot the entire enemy team in the hills of Desert Sands, then it's safe for you to go back and flank through the city, since you're fast. If you only spot one or two tanks, hang around a little to see if anyone else shows up. If no one else shows up, play as support for your team, and watch their backs, as people might be flanking.

If you're alone, bushes are your best friend. I got a Kolobanovs on Dead Rail by sitting in the bushes in the hill area and shooting people from afar. They were never able to spot me, so the victory was quite easy.

Never, ever brawl with mediums of your tier or higher. Sure, you have good DPM, but they've usually got armor and high explosive rounds. Any Russian med, T43's or higher, are deadly to you. Don't yolo rush, because you'll usually get tracked and killed in seconds. If you're in a hilly area, try to find bushes to scout from. Don't rush too far ahead when you scout, because if you push up too much, your team will be too far away to help you. On Mines, if you're the only fast tank and the enemy team has multiple fast tanks, don't go to the hill. You'll just die trying to fight off three mediums while your team chugs along up the hill. I'd recommend scouting, then backing up and flanking through the lighthouse or around the hill.

wannabeunicum #6 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45247 battles
  • [-MM]

Ok sry about that I do have an ru251.

And yes do pay attention to every bush. Flank the flank 

Don't be spawn camping thats a td jobs try sniping from a better position

Edited by wannabeunicum, 13 April 2016 - 01:04 AM.

clever_pseudonym #7 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33589 battles

I'm significantly more successful in the dragon when I farm damage until late game. 1100 is pretty low for the tier.

I had a lot of trouble in it until I forced myself to adopt a much more passive playstyle by switching from optics to binocs. Since the change, I've pulled its win rate up about ten points to the mid sixties. The best advice I can give you is to hold your shots unless you can get away unscathed. If it's going to break camo, it's not worth firing.

Oh, and always remember that all that speed is for escaping, not for getting out in front and being the first tank to engage.

Posit1ve_ #8 Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 65484 battles
  • [_V_]

Type 62 is incredibly overpowered since the secret alpha buff from 185 to 200. It can brawl if top tier (speed is armor), it has fantastic camo that it retains on the move, and it's reasonably accurate. If top tier, play as a med tank, and take lots of snapshots in brawling situations. If mid or low tier, distance is your friend. More often than not, enemy heavies simply lack the accuracy to hit you, and thats assuming they can spot you. Abuse your camo and dance around outside of enemy view ranges, using your accurate 85mm gun to whittle them away. if the battle gets too close for comfort, simply turn and run and relocate. The type 62 is also an incredibly powerful late game tank since its speed allows it to destroy scattered lone tanks with ease. Male sure to conserveyour HP. It becomes far more valuable later.

I'm rocking around 1500 average damage per battle in it now. Took me a while to figure oit

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

1st_Inf_Div_Vet #9 Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17642 battles
  • [WRDGZ]

Watch Bushka on Blitz for Turorials on both of those tanks. 

In particular, his tutorial on light tanks. 

Good Luck!

Wardogz!!!

Player935 #10 Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50044 battles
  • [TOMB]
My type 62 is also curse but my curse is that I get high damage but no kills 

MarBearCat #11 Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22556 battles
  • [SDWA]

I've own my Dragon for quite a while now. I have used it in a whopping 25 battles.

I have a win rate of 36%

My damage per battle is an astounding 611

My damage ratio is .70

My kills per battle is .240

My survival rate is 20%

What this tells you is that you should not listen to a word I say about this or any other lite tank. :arta:

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users