Damage caused and negative credits

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

amajka1984 #1 Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:18 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12309 battles
So I finally got the T 54 tank, tier9,  and even though it's only at 88% I still can't penetrate any level 10 tank. It's very frustrating when you shoot at I S7 in the side with the special bullet and nothing happens. I can't even do any damage to iS3 without the special bullet.does anyone else have the same problem

thetastypie #2 Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:23 AM

Blueberry Flavored

• Players
  • 19887 battles
  • [IMPR]
never shoot heat at spaced armor, that's your problem

Tanks I like: T-43, T34(premium),  Ru-251, Panther M/10, Is-3 Defender

Tanks I want: T-30  Is 4 

Officer of the clan Imperium 

Amm0rax #3 Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40023 battles
  • [APX]
u should be able to pen the front of an is-3 using just ur regular ammo unless u have the stock gun(t44's max gun)

#3 BC 25t NA #1 Foch 155 NA  All around gud , frenly boi :)
Member of PNCR's MALICE TEAM

LoweExpectations #4 Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:19 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

Welcome to the forums! Take a stroll around all the threads (non troll threads) and you are most likely going to learn a lot in the time here! Also, if you are using provisions, the recent update has made profitability across the board worse as a whole, so look out for the next update where you should be earning more.

The "special bullet" you are talking about is HEAT (High Explosive Anti Tank) ammunition. It typically costs much more than your regular ammunition. It has a distinct sizzle noise when it hits a piece of a tank, has very high penetration. However, it does terribly against spaced armour. When firing at the side of an IS-7 I recommend you fire the special ammunition, as it will have a better chance of going through on the side. In the front by all means, fire the "special bullet". 

Edited by LoweExpectations, 22 April 2016 - 01:20 AM.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

Lephturn #5 Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 21 April 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums! Take a stroll around all the threads (non troll threads) and you are most likely going to learn a lot in the time here! Also, if you are using provisions, the recent update has made profitability across the board worse as a whole, so look out for the next update where you should be earning more.

The "special bullet" you are talking about is HEAT (High Explosive Anti Tank) ammunition. It typically costs much more than your regular ammunition. It has a distinct sizzle noise when it hits a piece of a tank, has very high penetration. However, it does terribly against spaced armour. When firing at the side of an IS-7 I recommend you fire the special ammunition, as it will have a better chance of going through on the side. In the front by all means, fire the "special bullet". 

The IS-7 has spaced armour on the sides - do not fire "special ammunition" (HEAT) at the side of an IS-7's hull, although you can use it on the side of the turret but AP should do the trick anyway. Fire AP into the sides and back of the hull or turret. Save your HEAT for the front, and even then you need to get a shot at an angle so that one of the upper frontal plates is more flat, or ideally into the lower frontal plate of the IS-7.

The top guns on the T-54 lack penetration but that tank is very fast and maneuverable - get to their sides or back. If you go up against even a tier VIII heavy head-on you should expect to lose. Use your speed to get beside or behind that heavy where your normal AP round will penetrate just fine.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

LoweExpectations #6 Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostLephturn, on 22 April 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

The IS-7 has spaced armour on the sides - do not fire "special ammunition" (HEAT) at the side of an IS-7's hull, although you can use it on the side of the turret but AP should do the trick anyway. Fire AP into the sides and back of the hull or turret. Save your HEAT for the front, and even then you need to get a shot at an angle so that one of the upper frontal plates is more flat, or ideally into the lower frontal plate of the IS-7.

The top guns on the T-54 lack penetration but that tank is very fast and maneuverable - get to their sides or back. If you go up against even a tier VIII heavy head-on you should expect to lose. Use your speed to get beside or behind that heavy where your normal AP round will penetrate just fine.

Isnt that literally what I said?

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

batteriesincluded #7 Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17521 battles

Step 1: Press Upgrades on your t54

Step 2: Press sell

Step 3: Press Sell tank

Step 4: Press tech tree

Step 5: Select japanese flag

Step 6: Select T1 Cuttingham

Step 7: Press Purchase

Step 8: Press purchase tank