Is the IS-6 worth buying?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CJ1713 #1 Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7632 battles
History: Played first 1000 games with the only goal of getting to teir 9 and purchasing the E75. Dumb move and had terrible, terrible stats. Spent the next 1000 matches screwing around trying out different tanks, again bad for stats. Finally have begun to understand the game (thank you bushka) and have worked hard getting my stats up. Now I need credits as its getting expensive again as I want to slowly move into more lv 8 and 9 tanks. Is the is6 worth the gold?  I'd post my stats but I have no idea how too. Basically a 56% win rate player with a low .98 star1 rating. I'm not good but not terrible either. 

FantasticFletcher #2 Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1556 battles
  • [THE_W]
Yes, it is a great credit maker if that's what your out for, a lot of Russian tanks are.
Cleans your teeth, fights gum disease, kills cavities, it's listerine!

CustardCreme #3 Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:26 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]

It is fun but repetitive (as I hear). I have played it once in my previous school's friend account. She said it was devastating for lower tiers to fight, but can be a pain in tier nine games.

However, the armor is known to be very good and the rate of fire is pretty fast compared to the IS/IS3's 122mm. Along with that, it has a high speed of around 35-40 km/h and should be able to stop mediums from flanking.

If you've tried the IS tank, it is exactly like it, sees only up to Tier 9 like the IS, shoots faster, moves faster, has better armor, and last but not least, can reliably stop mediums from bringing about the circle of death.

Edited by FranceFleur, 29 April 2016 - 12:27 AM.

TZqWCQ9.png

Amm0rax #4 Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36460 battles
  • [-KNG-]

View PostFranceFleur, on 28 April 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

It is fun but repetitive (as I hear). I have played it once in my previous school's friend account. She said it was devastating for lower tiers to fight, but can be a pain in tier nine games.

However, the armor is known to be very good and the rate of fire is pretty fast compared to the IS/IS3's 122mm. Along with that, it has a high speed of around 35-40 km/h and should be able to stop mediums from flanking.

If you've tried the IS tank, it is exactly like it, sees only up to Tier 9 like the IS, shoots faster, moves faster, has better armor, and last but not least, can reliably stop mediums from bringing about the circle of death.

who said is6 was faster than IS?

#3 BC 25t NA #1 Foch 155 NA  All around gud , frenly boi :)
Member of PNCR's MALICE TEAM

Anthony_Lei #5 Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24 battles

I think you should wait till patch 2.9 comes out and only buy it during 15% off discount. if +1/-1 MM is confirmed, then this tank will see a lot more tier 9 that you cannot penetrate, say E75. Also, I noted that you already got a IS-3D, then why do you want the IS-6. The 3D is equally as good at generating credits! 

I highly recommend you getting a premium medium instead, say the M10. The gun handling, especially shotting on the move, with this tank is way better than other tier 7 medium, say the comet and T-43. The armor is solid as long as you know how to angle it. The poorish mobility can be solved by using fuel provision. 

_DASVIDANIA_ #6 Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 56799 battles

View PostAnthony_Lei, on 29 April 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

I think you should wait till patch 2.9 comes out and only buy it during 15% off discount. if +1/-1 MM is confirmed, then this tank will see a lot more tier 9 that you cannot penetrate, say E75. Also, I noted that you already got a IS-3D, then why do you want the IS-6. The 3D is equally as good at generating credits! 

I highly recommend you getting a premium medium instead, say the M10. The gun handling, especially shotting on the move, with this tank is way better than other tier 7 medium, say the comet and T-43. The armor is solid as long as you know how to angle it. The poorish mobility can be solved by using fuel provision. 

+1

if you have an IS3-D, i would not invest -- also, the sage advice here is to ask this question again after 2.9 drops and +1/-1

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Posit1ve_ #7 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 56226 battles
  • [_V_]

IS3 D is a much better tank than the IS6, which has a number of shortcomings when compared with the Defender

1. Poor penetration: The IS6's GOLD round has the same pen as the Defenders STANDARD round, so despite pref. MM, the IS6 will often find itself shooting more APCR and eating into profits

2. Turret armor. The IS6 against competent players cannot tank with the turret. Both cheeks and the cupola bar on top are fairly thing and highly susceptible to penetrating hits, as compared with the defender, which has almost no weakpoints on the frontal turret (the 30mm strip on top is essentially horizontal and impossible to hit)

3. Gun depression. The Defender has 7 degrees compared with the IS6's 5. Coupled with the turret armor, the Defender is a hull down MONSTER, whereas hull down in the IS6 is dicey (and difficult) at best

4. Accuracy: .46 dispersion is AWFUL. The IS6 will have great difficulty hitting things at range and is thus limited to close range brawls. The poor accuracy is especially bad when coupled with poor penetration, so hitting the weakspots you need to aim for can be difficult.

5. Sidescraping ability. The Defender's spaced armor makes it pretty much invincible in a sidescraping position. Even the JPE-100 firing HEAT (or AP) can't pen its sides when sidescraping. However, sidescraping IS6s will find their hull cheeks become vulnerable to enemy fire.

Just use the defender. It's a better tank, and it makes more credits. (I'm pretty sure the credit coefficient is better, and you will shoot less prammo).

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Anthony_Lei #8 Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24 battles

View Postpanzermk6, on 29 April 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

IS3 D is a much better tank than the IS6, which has a number of shortcomings when compared with the Defender

1. Poor penetration: The IS6's GOLD round has the same pen as the Defenders STANDARD round, so despite pref. MM, the IS6 will often find itself shooting more APCR and eating into profits

2. Turret armor. The IS6 against competent players cannot tank with the turret. Both cheeks and the cupola bar on top are fairly thing and highly susceptible to penetrating hits, as compared with the defender, which has almost no weakpoints on the frontal turret (the 30mm strip on top is essentially horizontal and impossible to hit)

3. Gun depression. The Defender has 7 degrees compared with the IS6's 5. Coupled with the turret armor, the Defender is a hull down MONSTER, whereas hull down in the IS6 is dicey (and difficult) at best

4. Accuracy: .46 dispersion is AWFUL. The IS6 will have great difficulty hitting things at range and is thus limited to close range brawls. The poor accuracy is especially bad when coupled with poor penetration, so hitting the weakspots you need to aim for can be difficult.

5. Sidescraping ability. The Defender's spaced armor makes it pretty much invincible in a sidescraping position. Even the JPE-100 firing HEAT (or AP) can't pen its sides when sidescraping. However, sidescraping IS6s will find their hull cheeks become vulnerable to enemy fire.

Just use the defender. It's a better tank, and it makes more credits. (I'm pretty sure the credit coefficient is better, and you will shoot less prammo).

I personally still prefer IS-6 to IS-3D as the auto loader gun on the IS-3D is pretty inflexible and missing shots can be very costly..... This makes IS-6 better at brawling.

bigpoppadaddy #9 Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

• Players
  • 71029 battles
  • [GLXY]

View PostCJ1713, on 28 April 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

History: Played first 1000 games with the only goal of getting to teir 9 and purchasing the E75. Dumb move and had terrible, terrible stats. Spent the next 1000 matches screwing around trying out different tanks, again bad for stats. Finally have begun to understand the game (thank you bushka) and have worked hard getting my stats up. Now I need credits as its getting expensive again as I want to slowly move into more lv 8 and 9 tanks. Is the is6 worth the gold?  I'd post my stats but I have no idea how too. Basically a 56% win rate player with a low .98 star1 rating. I'm not good but not terrible either. 

Yes. The IS-6 is worth buying. I love it. You,won't need to buy Provisions or camo (I don't but it will give you an edge). I don't need them, and want the extra credits so that's why I don't use them.  But you'll need to carry two sets of tracks and I recommend adrenaline. The IS-6 tracks break a lot.  Equipment is a must, the big three: gun rammer, GLD and Vertical Stabilizer. Carrying 12 to 14 APCR AND 6 to HE is also important.  You'll need APCR but trust me, you'll make money if you're hitting your targets!!!

Tier 9 battles for me are not a,concern, your,biggest threat is the E75. For some reason the IS-6 struggles to kill it head. On.

I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

bigpoppadaddy #10 Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

• Players
  • 71029 battles
  • [GLXY]

View PostAnthony_Lei, on 28 April 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I make way more credits in the IS-6 than my Defender.

IS-6 snap shots and hitting moving targets is Excellant in my opinion and this tank seems to actually be more accurate on the move than when camping if you ask me.  Also, with the new addition of so many tanks, I think the Panther M/10 isn't what it used to be.

I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

Player_5773117413 #11 Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30036 battles
  • [SPUD]
Do you like the regular tier 7 IS? If so, the IS-6 is similar, yet improved in terms of armor and dpm. Consistent tank that earns credits, but not too many. It can also get boring after a while, but long breaks will keep it freshly fun.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Asiaticus #12 Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

I like it. I've ground millions of credits with it.

Flying_Cod #13 Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25653 battles
  • [III-C]
 I don't know why anyone would buy this tank with +1-1 MM.  Even with the slight buffs, it won't earn that well

acrisis #14 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III-C]
The IS-6 really struggles with some recently introduced tanks, running circles around it and under +1-1 MM, I saw my IS6 WR drop double digits. +1-1 is coming back this week. Now the IS-6 remains a good tank, but it struggles in more IX games, cannot pen some of them period and it is getting outclassed. The micro buffs and 10% better earnings promised with 2.9, don't do enough, imho. If you have a Defender ... I'd run with that, and learn to deal with the reload.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

pasdxd #15 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

Creepy Profile Pic Connoisseur

• Players
  • 21292 battles
  • [SCAMO]
I don't think it will be as good with +1/-1 returning. I would buy a Lowe, or keep playing the IS-3D as many suggested. 

mriversinco #16 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46497 battles
  • [III-R]
No way I'd buy it right now with +1/-1 coming.  In the last period that we had it, the is6 struggled hard core with seeing all those tier 9 tanks.  Couldn't make anywhere near as much as before.

fedsnbr #17 Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55557 battles
  • [STRYK]

IS3D has been good for me in terms of credit making, as soon as I learned to always keep the current autoloader status in mind, and don't get caught pants down. :(

I've been planning on buying an IS-6 but holding off due to the upcoming +1/-1 change.

aaronchan10 #18 Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12237 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostFlying_Cod, on 02 May 2016 - 04:51 AM, said:

I don't know why anyone would buy this tank with +1-1 MM.  Even with the slight buffs, it won't earn that well

View Postpasdxd, on 02 May 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

I don't think it will be as good with +1/-1 returning. I would buy a Lowe, or keep playing the IS-3D as many suggested. 

View Postmriversinco, on 02 May 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

No way I'd buy it right now with +1/-1 coming.  In the last period that we had it, the is6 struggled hard core with seeing all those tier 9 tanks.  Couldn't make anywhere near as much as before.

American: M48 Patton, T32 | German: E100, Ru 251 | Russian: Obj. 140, T-54, KV-4, IS-3 | British: Comet | Japanese: Chi-Nu

Premiums: Lowe, IS-6, T34, Panther/M10, Type 62, Cromwell B, T2 Light, M3 Light, T7 Car, Tetrarch, Pz. B2, Tankenstein

My Stats // forever a proponent of +2/-2 matchmaking

ScumbagJuJu #19 Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25333 battles
  • [PRAMO]
It WAS a great tank but with +1/-1 I wouldn't waste gold on it. Get yourself a Lowe or T34 now.

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

Jinx___ #20 Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

Pringle And Ready To Single

• Players
  • 24257 battles
  • [4SKIN]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 02 May 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

It WAS a great tank but with +1/-1 I wouldn't waste gold on it. Get yourself a Lowe or T34 now.

They basically neutered the tanks with preferential mm?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users