unicum training super unicum

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Wboys #1 Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:49 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]
So, I just recently got my WN8, as well as many of my stats listed on WoTB stars, to unicum. Yippie! I made it! :medal: but...that's not how I work. I am (and never will be) content to sit where I am and am always looking forward. Now that I've made it to unicum, what does it take to make it to super unicum? I am assuming the next level of gameplay is having a supreme ability to not only read the map and game, but then make quick, smart decisions based on that information. From what I can see, once you hit unicum you have more or less mastered tank tactics about as much as they can be. Essentially, to me, it seems like I have come close to reaching the skill limit for tank maneuvers. Before, I would see better players doing things (like side scraping, or wiggling while hulled down) and eventually learn from those maneuvers and master them myself. Now, however, I no longer see anyone performing something I have not mastered myself. What I DO see better players doing is very consistently striking a near perfect balance between aggression and safety, and doing a great job of playing the map. So, am I barking up the wrong tree? Or am I on the right track on where to improve.

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

Wboys #2 Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:59 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]
Where is a super unicum when you need one? :P

Leader of Vort3x

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

instant_karma_ #3 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24282 battles
  • [COFFY]
I dunno, just play the game how you like it and have fun

OronSonon #4 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11373 battles
  • [KR0N0]

A crap ton of information in here:

http://forum.wotblit...y-60ers-advice/

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

Minecraftexpert_25 #5 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:05 AM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPlayer_1902211325, on 28 April 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

Exactly. TBH I can't tell you what makes me good. I just play.

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

Blartch #6 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:08 AM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60792 battles
  • [SPUD]
Map awareness, map positions, intuition on where the tanks will go... effectively knowing where you need to be without hunting wabbits.  I think that's the next key... fighting in every map as unfairly as possible vs. just winning the one-on-one matchups.  Yeah, I'm still not there.

CK_GoldenNuggets #7 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28652 battles
  • [-RVG-]

You have a lot of low tier tanks that are "Unicum" according to WotBstars and a lot that are also crap. Before making a claim to fame that you are now a "Unicum" work on all your tanks and improve their stats. The training and experience you get with low tier transitions to higher tiers is very important for improvement.  

While I do commend you for having exceptional stats, it seems you may have moved up some lines too quickly and that is why you might have trouble with some higher tier tanks.

Honest opinion, rework some tanks on your lower stats scale because that is always a great place to start, other than that just watch more videos about World of Tanks. Check out Quickybaby, he may not play Blitz but he influenced me a lot and taught me most of what I know.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Augustus_Sohn #8 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:12 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostPlayer_1902211325, on 28 April 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Wboys #9 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:17 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

View Postreptilesr1ke, on 28 April 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

You have a lot of low tier tanks that are "Unicum" according to WotBstars and a lot that are also crap. Before making a claim to fame that you are now a "Unicum" work on all your tanks and improve their stats. The training and experience you get with low tier transitions to higher tiers is very important for improvement.  

While I do commend you for having exceptional stats, it seems you may have moved up some lines too quickly and that is why you might have trouble with some higher tier tanks.

Honest opinion, rework some tanks on your lower stats scale because that is always a great place to start, other than that just watch more videos about World of Tanks. Check out Quickybaby, he may not play Blitz but he influenced me a lot and taught me most of what I know.

Thanks for the advice, but 95% of tanks I have that aren't at least great, I am still scrubbing off my noob stain on them. Take T25 AT for example. Does that REALLY look like what my skill is now?

Leader of Vort3x

Wboys #10 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:18 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostOronSonon, on 28 April 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

A crap ton of information in here:

http://forum.wotblit...y-60ers-advice/

Most useful thing I've ever seen. Wish I knew this existed ages ago. Can't thank you enough!

Leader of Vort3x

CK_GoldenNuggets #11 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28652 battles
  • [-RVG-]

View PostWboys, on 29 April 2016 - 02:17 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice, but 95% of tanks I have that aren't at least great, I am still scrubbing off my noob stain on them. Take T25 AT for example. Does that REALLY look like what my skill is now?

Very True, you are doing quite well, but I am not referring to tanks that you have played less than 100 games or so in. Specifically what you want to improve on is taking tanks you are "decent or great" in and move them up to "Unicum" rating to fulfill your position more. Take tanks that are average or great and try to improve their stats: Accuracy, survival rate, Kills/Deaths etc. The more tanks you have that are purple the better you look. (If that matters to you)

Best thing to start on though are tanks that are ok/great that you have played less and make sure that you can get them up to your current skill or if you need more improvement before being able to boost that tank up.

I personally have a lot of TD's much lower than my expectation because I am a Scrub in TDs. 

Before you improve, you have to find what needs improving, and almost everything can be improved, even after you think its "good enough" you can strive to make it better.

From your original post, its sounds like you are that kinda person so have fun and goodluck bud. 07

Edited by reptilesr1ke, 29 April 2016 - 02:37 AM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

_Konkurs #12 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14965 battles
  • [PNCR]
Most super unicums in games get their status by unitooning, jingle says that, "a good player can deal with the situation at hand well, but a great player can plan and predict what the enemies will do."

Now if you got triggered by me (for whatever reason) and you're angry, here is what I'll be like while you cry!

A7X0 #13 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

E4k

• Players
  • 25203 battles
  • [PRAMO]

No offense intended, but you don't become a unicum through just WN8. It's very inaccurate for Blitz so I wouldn't call someone unicum or super unicum just because their WN8 is. You have to take other stats into account, such as winrate, damage ratio, Tier X winrate/damage/damage ratio etc. But if you're asking how to get to super unicum WN8, the best I can tell you is to probably train yourself to do much more damage per game. For Tier X, 2500+ is good, 2800+ is great, 3000+ is excellent, and anything beyond that is superb. Reaching the last two levels will help greatly. WN8 is heavily based off damage I believe, so increase DPG and it should likewise go up. Again, it's not accurate in Blitz very much but it SHOULD go up as long as your damage does.

underlined = click!

E 100, IS-7, T-62A, Jg. Pz. E 100, T110E3, T110E5[Guide], Object 268FV215b, E 50 M[Guide], IS-4FV4202, Object 140[Guide]M48 Patton, T110E4, STB-1

4014 average damage in Obj. 140, 4055 average damage in T110E4

Morphman_ #14 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31871 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Ones just purple and other is just dank purple. Although Matte Black stats look cooler.

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

LAPPELduvide #15 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Post24kreaper, on 28 April 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Most super unicums in games get their status by unitooning, jingle says that, "a good player can deal with the situation at hand well, but a great player can plan and predict what the enemies will do."

the only stat you can pad while platooning is WR. To achieve WN7, WN8, Star1, avg dmg, etc. it's much easier to do solo. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Cruiser_Deutschland #16 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32115 battles
  • [SCAMO]
 Top tip: don't get hit unless you absolutely can't help it. I simply choose to hide behind my wall of potatoes while I dish out damage.

66% unreliable skrub.

Wboys #17 Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostA7X0, on 28 April 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

No offense intended, but you don't become a unicum through just WN8. It's very inaccurate for Blitz so I wouldn't call someone unicum or super unicum just because their WN8 is. You have to take other stats into account, such as winrate, damage ratio, Tier X winrate/damage/damage ratio etc. But if you're asking how to get to super unicum WN8, the best I can tell you is to probably train yourself to do much more damage per game. For Tier X, 2500+ is good, 2800+ is great, 3000+ is excellent, and anything beyond that is superb. Reaching the last two levels will help greatly. WN8 is heavily based off damage I believe, so increase DPG and it should likewise go up. Again, it's not accurate in Blitz very much but it SHOULD go up as long as your damage does.

Oh ok. I just assumed most people went by WN8. Still, title aside, I have just reached a certain level of gameplay and am looking at where to go next.

Leader of Vort3x

Fishy___ #18 Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:14 PM

Mega Scrub

• Players
  • 37320 battles

View PostWboys, on 29 April 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Oh ok. I just assumed most people went by WN8. Still, title aside, I have just reached a certain level of gameplay and am looking at where to go next.

Nah, STAR1 is the ultimate judge of "skill" because it is quite accurate because it is based off of percentiles methinks. And WN8 is easier to get dank purple on, so there's that as a clue. You know you've mastered something well when WN7, 8, and STAR1 are all dank purple.

Big Noob

A7X0 #19 Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:23 PM

E4k

• Players
  • 25203 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostHP_FiSH, on 29 April 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

Nah, STAR1 is the ultimate judge of "skill" because it is quite accurate because it is based off of percentiles methinks. And WN8 is easier to get dank purple on, so there's that as a clue. You know you've mastered something well when WN7, 8, and STAR1 are all dank purple.

STAR1 is the least accurate of all three ratings. I believe someone in the top 30 by STAR1 only has 2500 damage per game in their Tier X tanks. It's horrible at determining skill. Just stick to in-game stats. It should be easy to tell who's unicum and who's not.

underlined = click!

E 100, IS-7, T-62A, Jg. Pz. E 100, T110E3, T110E5[Guide], Object 268FV215b, E 50 M[Guide], IS-4FV4202, Object 140[Guide]M48 Patton, T110E4, STB-1

4014 average damage in Obj. 140, 4055 average damage in T110E4

Also tagged with unicum, training, super unicum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users