Copperfield map exploit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JWL21 #1 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18254 battles

I don't understand why you guys haven't fixed this exploit yet...

image.jpg

The ability to go on top of the hill where the crane is. This is clearly an exploit given that the maps are designed to be evenly matched, but this area is only accessible to one team but not to the other.

_S3MPRIAN_ #2 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10406 battles
Not very valuable because you dont have the gun depression and there is little cover up there

Panbun #3 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
It's also a spot where enemies can camp and hide in order to make it a draw when things aren't looking too good for their team. I think it needs to be made inaccessible. 

Androyce #4 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles

According to Spinee, Overlord said:

- The ability to get up on to the hills in Copperfield will be fixed in the next patch

Str8UpJack #5 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15133 battles
  • [III-P]
yes, I remember that.  If they stick to that then tomorrow will be the last day noobs can get up there. 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

ChunkySquirrel #6 Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

The Witcher

• Players
  • 13379 battles
  • [DEF_D]
Make it accessible to both sides. Then it will add an extra dimension of fighting for the hill on that side instead of just the choke point

Wenn vor uns ein feindlicher Panzer erscheint,
Wird Vollgas gegeben und ran an den Feind.
Was gilt denn unser Leben für uns'res Reiches Heer? Ja, Reiches Heer.

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr'.

Panbun #7 Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on 01 October 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Make it accessible to both sides. Then it will add an extra dimension of fighting for the hill on that side instead of just the choke point

That's an interesting idea. Currently, there are really three routes: base cliff, middle and far cliff. Often, the base cliff turns into an all out slug-fest until one side decides to fall back, charge or until one side gets wiped out. If what you suggested was implemented, it would mean that battles would be more interesting and it would be more difficult for tanks on the far cliff to snipe across map.

On the other hand, it could just open into a massive sniper nest or campground...

Edited by ArkioLite324, 01 October 2014 - 07:20 AM.

ChunkySquirrel #8 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

The Witcher

• Players
  • 13379 battles
  • [DEF_D]

View PostArkioLite324, on 01 October 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

That's an interesting idea. Currently, there are really three routes: base cliff, middle and far cliff. Often, the base cliff turns into an all out slug-fest until one side decides to fall back, charge or until one side gets wiped out. If what you suggested was implemented, it would mean that battles would be more interesting and it would be more difficult for tanks on the far cliff to snipe across map.

On the other hand, it could just open into a massive sniper nest or campground...

That's when u could add like some buildings or something or a wall at the top of that that way they can't just fall down into the lower part of the hill and it would prevent a sniper fest but also add another route that way u can still get around and flank and trap people and u can still get sniper support but this way sniper suport isent always going to save u if they win the top way and send the bulk of there forces there. You see what I'm getting at. I'll draw a rough draft sometime and post it

Wenn vor uns ein feindlicher Panzer erscheint,
Wird Vollgas gegeben und ran an den Feind.
Was gilt denn unser Leben für uns'res Reiches Heer? Ja, Reiches Heer.

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr'.

McCoy_Hatfield #9 Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Players
  • 10456 battles

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on 01 October 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

I agree. I would like a different version to this map like Oasis Palms.  I think all map should have different versions.

WhiteFalcon82 #10 Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16304 battles
I don't think it affects game play that much unless there is a player that knows how to use it.

0V3RCL0CK3D_N00B #11 Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 40828 battles
  • [PURPL]
Copperfield is played one way you send your entire team except for like one down one cliff then the other single tank (fast medium) down the other that way if the single tank encounters the enemy team the rest of your team can just lob shells into the sides of the enemy from across the map. If your main force encounters the enemy team then that medium can clear a path another medium or heavy can branch off your main force and they can flank the enemy team

LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | Void Discord: yNVEZSH | Blitz Discord sR2X6Hp  

Click Image for My YouTube Channel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users