minimap spotting view visibility disappearing act vanishing camo camouflage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bg2b #1 Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

Doing some testing in the training rooms (thanks WG!)...

First, here's the link to the stream in case you want to watch yourself.  Testing starts at about the 3:45 mark in the stream.  The method:

1. Start streaming
  2. Friend watches while I pull out from a rock
  3. I pull back behind the rock; when I disappear from his minimap, he sends a global "Gone" message
  4. Repeat a bunch of times
  5. Watch the stream again and see the times between pulling back and "Gone" appearing

The summary is that you might be visible for up to about 10 seconds on someone's minimap after you pull back into cover.  The time is random though, and the minimum appears to be about 5 seconds.  Also, it's not symmetric for the two players.  There are places in the stream where my friend messages "Gone" even though I can still see him, and there are other places where he's not visible to me and it's not until significantly later that he sends "Gone".

Times are not 100% precise of course, because there's some uncertainty about exactly when I'm back in cover, and there's a delay in how fast my friend can react to me disappearing from his map and press the button to send the message.

CaRnAgE_95 #2 Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3619 battles

Nice work

Could you possibly do this experiment again and record your pings as well? I'm liking the idea... Camp reset is a very variable thing. Also, did you have camo and the camo equipment? (Forgot what it's called)

I fight towards true opposition. I guess I'm Mr.Controversial considering most elitests view my statements as if I was a liberal in a conservative house. Firm believer in nerfing premium ammo, +/-1 MM, buffing the credit coefficients for nonpremium tanks, adding a reload timer & range meter to where you point your cross hairs(Check mark! thank you WG!!), making armor actually work, nerfing RNG for slower reloads, buffing RNG for faster reloads, and making the tracks not eat 700+ alpha damage from HE when applicable.  

I love this game

bg2b #3 Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
My ping should be shown in the stream; it's usually in the 20ish to 30ish range.  I don't think it's long enough to affect anything.  The tank I was using does have camo, but no camo net, though those shouldn't matter.  The distance between us is pretty short, and I'm backing behind a completely opaque obstacle.

4sfield #4 Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]
  Saw that too when I ran with Clever. Training rooms are awesome, going to be great for spotting mechanic mastery. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Zip_Zip #5 Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43386 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Nice to have confirmation of the spread. Those are the times WG claims in their camo mechanic write ups for PC. I was told Blitz was the same times. Now we know for sure :)

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Paukenwirbel #6 Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40571 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Great work bg2b!  Thanks for sharing!  +1

LIGHTS___OUT #7 Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Players
  • 39456 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Great job bg.

Nice to see someone was doing something useful while I was taking the Dragon for a short flight with a rough landing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users