Consumable Guide

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

EPICANDY0131 #21 Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostLooney999, on 11 October 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

My noob question for the day: do multi-use consumables charge credits for each use, or just once for the match? Because that could get awfully expensive if it's the former.

once. that's why it's "multi-use"

recharge is 60 sec, but it's fine if you're safe

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

Sillex #22 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 837 battles
  • [ISUK]

For now I use multi/repair kit/adrenaline

I will use adrenaline till I have the T29 and from then on use either food rations or replace the second repair kit with multi and then rations.

EPICANDY0131 #23 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostSillex, on 14 October 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

For now I use multi/repair kit/adrenaline

I will use adrenaline till I have the T29 and from then on use either food rations or replace the second repair kit with multi and then rations.

Rations, for me personally, are used only on premium tanks that can afford them or seal clubbing tanks, or a new crew.

I'd say Multi, Repair, and Adrenaline is the most popular, but it's really up to you.

If you can afford it, then go ahead. More performance for your tank.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

FLYpirates #24 Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6329 battles

The "food bonus" is a mystery to me. Used to always use it. Now that I don't I really don't, I hardly notice any changes whatsoever. It'd be cool on the final stats screen to show how/when it benefitted your tank during battle. Sometimes, I shut em down and don't use a thing. No consumable or equipment & played games that didn't seem like I'd ever really need em at all. But I am a sucker and usually am packing, multi repair pack, another repair pack & speed... taught by the legendary Bushka.

GLTOALL!

******No Tier X tanks in garage.****

tlouie #25 Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View Postkush34, on 23 November 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

The "food bonus" is a mystery to me. Used to always use it. Now that I don't I really don't, I hardly notice any changes whatsoever. It'd be cool on the final stats screen to show how/when it benefitted your tank during battle. Sometimes, I shut em down and don't use a thing. No consumable or equipment & played games that didn't seem like I'd ever really need em at all. But I am a sucker and usually am packing, multi repair pack, another repair pack & speed... taught by the legendary Bushka.

GLTOALL!

Unless you tracked your stats very meticulously, I don't think it's possible to 'notice' the benefit or lack of benefit from some of the mild bonuses in game, like food.

Imagine coin flipping. Imagine if you were suddenly blessed with +5% bonus to getting heads. Would you really notice that you were getting heads 55% as opposed to 50%? Not unless you recorded hundreds of coin flips, I would think.

I'm not saying that food offers no advantages. Heck, I'll take any advantage I can. I'm just saying you won't notice it unless you sat down with a stopwatch and took the time to measure it. 

Edited by tlouie, 23 November 2015 - 06:44 PM.

Lephturn #26 Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

I almost always use multi-repair, food, and adrenaline.The main reason I use food is to reduce aim time and generally increase gun handling.

It is very rare that a second repair kit would have helped me win. If I'm getting tracked twice it means 90% of the time I'm dead anyway, because I have no support and there are multiple enemies shooting at me.

The great thing about food is that it increases almost all attributes of your tank and does it for the whole game. That is pretty sweet.

Try this - platoon in two mediums. Have your buddy tank food and you take engine boost. Now drag-race to the hill or wherever you are heading over multiple battles. When I was running a Victory platoon with Lokeen we noticed that his combination of food and vents meant that my engine boost didn't really help me much, even when activated he was very close to me in speed.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users