Question for Hobbyists?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

CustardCreme #1 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:22 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]

Recently I won a raffle thing from my community and I got a Remote Control Truck.

Firstly, I do not know how to use it (sorry, I am not into these kind of things). It does seem to have a battery port and and a fricking engine (Like an engine!) along with a fuel tank.

Here it is:

http://www.rctech.ne...1-45-28_486.jpg

This is not the car I have, but is what the Package it came with outside. It runs on nitrogen fuel and I have a quart of the fuel.

My question is, what is this? How do I work this thing? It looks dangerous as it uses fuel for a remote control car. As far as I know, remote control cars don't have to use gas but rather those batteries taped together. Is this safe to use outside and can this thing explode if used wrong? It clearly says 14+ (Thankfully it wasn't 21+ along with engineering license) and the instructions are just confusing me. Anyone how to use this? Videos don't explain well and I wondered if you people were into cars too. 

Thanks.

TZqWCQ9.png

CustardCreme #2 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:25 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]
I am just thinking about giving to this man (age 40-50) who has a interest in these toys.

TZqWCQ9.png

Pandanana #3 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Airborne Tanker

• Players
  • 31033 battles
  • [STORM]

Sorry I can't say much since I am more of a plane person but I have to say that nitro engines in general take a lot of work to run and I probably wouldn't recommend them to inexperienced beginners such as yourself. It is of course safe to use and is by no means as dangerous as you may think it is but I would still say to exercise caution in (i.e. don't put the car with fuel near anything that may cause it to light). If you want a detailed breakdown, I suggest posting this thread on the RC Groups forums. They are ALL RC stuff there and you have a greater chance of finding a better reply.

-Cheers :)

"In order to learn how to defeat a noob, one must first be a

noob and later regret that decision" 

r4zrbl4de #4 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14268 battles
I think it'll go faster if you use Improved Fuel instead of nitrogen. Also, a Protective Kit should reduce the chance of an explosion.

CustardCreme #5 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:34 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]

View PostBrickyBoy1224, on 08 May 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Sorry I can't say much since I am more of a plane person but I have to say that nitro engines in general take a lot of work to run and I probably wouldn't recommend them to inexperienced beginners such as yourself. It is of course safe to use and is by no means as dangerous as you may think it is but I would still say to exercise caution in (i.e. don't put the car with fuel near anything that may cause it to light). If you want a detailed breakdown, I suggest posting this thread on the RC Groups forums. They are ALL RC stuff there and you have a greater chance of finding a better reply.

-Cheers :)

Oh. Then I guess I'll just give it to the man.

TZqWCQ9.png

WareJC #6 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13516 battles
Much like this game maybe read the directions first.( What me? Hell no. Hold my beer and lets fire it up)..lol
"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

CalculusBC #7 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

View PostWareJC, on 09 May 2016 - 03:42 AM, said:

Much like this game maybe read the directions first.( What me? Hell no. Hold my beer and lets fire it up)..lol

It just says to plug in this glow igniter and oil and fire away. Most nitro cars are like that my love (FrenchFleur)

If you read instructions it should tell you to pull the pullstart string thing and put fuel and YANK hard.

(Btw, I was joking about earlier. I still want to see your face. You got one helluva voice.)

Read the instructions m'lady. It's easy.

Edited by CalculusBC, 09 May 2016 - 03:48 AM.

CustardCreme #8 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]

View PostCalculusBC, on 08 May 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

It just says to plug in this glow igniter and oil and fire away. Most nitro cars are like that my love (FrenchFleur)

If you read instructions it should tell you to pull the pullstart string thing and put fuel and YANK hard.

(Btw, I was joking about earlier. I still want to see your face. You got one helluva voice.)

Seriously? Just piss off. You're a gross minded freak and I know what you said about both me and Adrienne1644, so please go away. I don't want to date you and neither does Adrienne. You are a creep and stop ruining my post.

TZqWCQ9.png

Pandanana #9 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Airborne Tanker

• Players
  • 31033 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostCalculusBC, on 08 May 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

Its alot more complicated than that. While I don't know a lot about nitro stuff, seeing guys set-up their nitros makes me feel fortunate to run electric. Then there is maintenance and fuel costs too...

CalculusBC #10 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

View PostFranceFleur, on 09 May 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Seriously? Just piss off. You're a gross minded freak and I know what you said about both me and Adrienne1644, so please go away. I don't want to date you and neither does Adrienne. You are a creep and stop ruining my post.

[content moderated - non-constructive/harassment]
~DiscoRaptor

CustardCreme #11 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]
Reported.

TZqWCQ9.png

WareJC #12 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13516 battles
Okay hold up a second here boys and girls. Back to the original question. They are simple and safe engines no worse than a weed eater. That has a plastic fuel tank so that's an alcohol-based fuel verse an actual Nitrous system which uses a pressurized tank. Worst thing about alcohol is it burns clear with a slight blue tint so just observe the safety of no smoking Open Flame or electrical Spark when fueling. If you go down to the local hobby store that sells them they have free classes most times or will be more than happy to show you how to use it safely. You can find plenty of clubs on the web to that will be more than happy to teach you or live chat with you instead of just watching a dry video. Have fun with it with a little effort you could even make a nice RC tank out of that no I suggest the automatic fire extinguisher be equipped LOL

Edited by WareJC, 09 May 2016 - 04:06 AM.

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

CustardCreme #13 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:08 AM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [ATLS]

View PostWareJC, on 08 May 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

Okay hold up a second here boys and girls. Back to the original question. They are simple and safe engines no worse than a weed eater. That has a plastic fuel tank so that's an alcohol-based fuel verse an actual Nitrous system which uses a pressurized tank. Worst thing about alcohol is it burns clear with a slight blue tint so just observe the safety of no smoking Open Flame or electrical Spark when fueling. If you go down to the local hobby store that sells them they have free classes most times or will be more than happy to show you how to use it safely. You can find plenty of clubs on the web to that will be more than happy to teach you or live chat with you instead of just watching a dry video. Have fun with it with a little effort you could even make a nice RC tank out of that no I suggest the automatic fire extinguisher be equipped LOL

I just don't get how you start everything. Videos on YouTube just specifiy that I should pour some percentage Nitro Fuel, "break in" my engine, make sure fuel is in my carbonator (or something) and they literally just plug the glow igniter thing into the engine and the engine roars.

What I am afraid is glow IGNITER and fuel/engine should never be put together by hand. 

TZqWCQ9.png

CalculusBC #14 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

View PostFranceFleur, on 09 May 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

Oh. Then I guess I'll just give it to the man.

Look, you're fifteen. I am fouteen. we would be perfect. plus I think you even go to my school.

CalculusBC #15 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

Do you also like Kate Spade brandings. 

https://www.youtube....PYAUEKTLi8Cz1Sg

I found your youtube channel and you seem like a cool girl. Kate spade is pretty and i couldn't IMAGINE how pretty you would look in it.

CalculusBC #16 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles
I have sent you...a message from my heart. go check it girl.

WareJC #17 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13516 battles

View PostFranceFleur, on 08 May 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

I just don't get how you start everything. Videos on YouTube just specifiy that I should pour some percentage Nitro Fuel, "break in" my engine, make sure fuel is in my carbonator (or something) and they literally just plug the glow igniter thing into the engine and the engine roars.

What I am afraid is glow IGNITER and fuel/engine should never be put together by hand. 

Called a buddy of mine. He had me go RC- Madness. Net I watched one of their videos they have several on starting or breaking in the motors you seem to be clear and simple. If you're not mechanically inclined or you don't feel safe with it trust your gut instinct. Seems like a nice prize, you could always donate it for another fundraiser.

Edited by WareJC, 09 May 2016 - 04:20 AM.

CalculusBC #18 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

View PostWareJC, on 09 May 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

Called a buddy of mine. He had me go RC- Madness. Net I watched one of their videos they have several on starting or breaking in the motors you seem to be clear and simple. If you're not mechanically inclined or you don't feel safe with it trust your gut instinct. Seems like a nice prize, you could always donate it for another fundraiser.

Or she culd give it to me...and we could ride it ;)

CalculusBC #19 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 49 battles

View PostCalculusBC, on 09 May 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

[content moderated - non-constructive/harassment]
~DiscoRaptor

How is that harrassment DiscoRaptor? have you ever been in love?

Edited by CalculusBC, 09 May 2016 - 04:25 AM.

Pandanana #20 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:28 AM

Airborne Tanker

• Players
  • 31033 battles
  • [STORM]

Here is a pretty straightforward guide about nitro cars in general and how to run them:

http://nitro-rc-guide.blogspot.ca

Just as a heads up, regardless of nitro or electric, getting into the hobby requires a good amount of research and understanding in order to use your model properly and safely. If you are willing to do that work, it can be very rewarding. Its not like an rc vehicle you can get at a toy store. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users