SPUD Training Room Recaps: Thoughts, discussions, call outs, name calling, and more potato-ish rand...

SPUD SPUDX Potato prom dress training room how did it go? sit down we need to talk what the heck happened? how did they do that

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

ahredstealth #1 Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Hey all.

Since we use the forums for communication between most of the members I wanted to set up our own little place were we can discuss training rooms, and what happened.  Most of us have expressed that we do not platoon well, and that means that we "team of 7" even worse.

So, let's talk about what worked and didn't work in our SPUD on SPUD training rooms here.  I'd like to get everyone talking about it so that we can function more efficiently as a team.

I'm not talking about things like super secret map tactics or anything, because quite honestly, I'm not certain if we are to that level yet, and I know I'm sure as heck not.

I'm talking more about, focus fire concepts, and "Why did they do that?" things...  And I'd like to relate it to actual experiences in the training rooms to help people understand more then just diagrams.

Let's take last night for example.  We had six people in the SPUD(X) TRs running tier 10s.

On my team, we had Griffdog, Gusman, and me.

On Furicle's team (He was the first one in the TR against me.  He get's team lead.  :P  ;)  He had Zip_Zip, dementian and...  Well... Furicle.

(Gonna pause here for a moment.  We had Aim in the room for a bit, running a tier 7 comet.  BroSass [Did we get a nickname for him yet?  Who's in charge of that?] stopped by for a bit, but I was trying to run as many games as I could before Daddy Duty called, and so I tend to move people back to "Que" if they aren't clicking the Ready button after about 30~ish seconds from when everyone else is ready.  Sorry if that's a jerk move.)

Back to the games.

Most of the games Me, Griff, and Gus got rolled.  Some where close.  Others were steam rolls.  at the end of the night Gus asked me why we were just rolling in the open.  I asked him to resend his question today on the forums.  Here it is:

Gusman4, on 10 May 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Hey red, yeah I had to run as well as wife beckoned :).
Now i didnt hear much talking on ts and I was only there for a few games so maybe there was a pre talked about plan.
With the exception of a couple It just seemed in the few I played we weren't using cover and making them come to us. They were luring us away from cover and decimating us in open. That's usually one of my ploys haha.

Okay, first off, I wasn't on Teamspeak.  I prolly should have been.  I need to start getting use to that aspect.

Second, I tend to YOLO in a medium like the 140.  With the guns in tier 10, it's way to easy to get smoked, and I have to stop doing that.  Most of the time Griff moved to support me, and I pulled him into the open as I YOLO'd and again, shouldn't have done that.

A few times I was trying new spots, and new approaches, none of which worked, either because it took too long to get there, or I got beat up on my way their.

Now,  I've got a question to Fur, Zip, and Dem.

Where you guys calling targets?  It sure seemed like you guys would gang up on either me as I yolo'd, or move as a pack.

In teams of 3v3, once one tank is down, it's almost impossible to come back because you're so limited.

We have to start learning to call who we are shooting at.  It will help us focus fire.  Just in case some people don't know, if you have your gun pointed at a Red tank, the quick chat "Attack!" turns into "Attacking MAUS!" and highlights them on both the screen and the minimap.  It's quick and easy, and when running in a team, I should be doing it more too.

Also, we should be calling something at the beginning of the battle.  "Let's go hills."  Or "Hey let's try this."  At this point in time, there is no dumb options.  In a coordinated group, what works may be very different from Pubbie matches.  If it sounds dumb, but you want to try it, let's do it.  You never know.

For example, both times we've had large groups in Middleburg, I've called "All City" and it's worked because you can take cap, force the Reds to come to you, and actually have a team that won't half YOLO up to the hills one at a time.  If you protect the tanks in the cap, the Reds are forced to YOLO to the cap.  You can then FORCE them in to a FOCUS FIRE problem.

So, I'd like to hear from Griffdog, and Gusman, and Zip^2, and Fur, and Dementian about last night.  What did you guys see working?  What didn't you see working?  Did you guys try and goofy tactics that just didn't work.

Also, while tier 10 is expensive to run, I really appreciate everyone playing around in upper tiers some times.  I think we need the practice.  I know I personally costed Griff about 50k in credits being stupid, so big thanks to him.  Gusman, while I didn't drop as much of your credits in the hole, I appreciate your question.

I think it may be good to review "night before" training rooms a bit...  Or set up tonight's training rooms...

What maps?  Tiers?  Who thinks they'll be on?  Anything we want to try?  I'm not looking to spell out every type of game, but if someone wants to play a specific game, or try something on a specific map, let's post it here and get something put together so it's a bit less hodge podge.

Good idea?  Bad idea?  Let me know.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

furicle #2 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 47287 battles
  • [SPUDX]

So, from my perspective....

I was on TS, but psylent, and there was no chat to speak of.  Honestly, we could have done better had we done it.

We did call a strategy a couple (most?) of the time - bridge on Falls Creek was my idea for instance.  Even the times we didn't I was trying hard to roll as a group, and I think the others were as well. 

As I often had the slowest tank or was tail end Charlie my play style was fairly simple - follow my guys until somebody spotted, then work hard to isolate and annihilate before the rest of the band showed up.  Often that was either Stealth or Zip in a medium. Honestly I think you guys were mostly just out running your support/teamates. 

We weren't using the in game indicator thingy for focus fire (as far as I remember) - we just seemed to do it fairly naturally.

I did cap a couple times, but hey, in a Maus what else am I going to do when two minutes have gone by and and I still dunno where anybody is?

The once we split on Copperfield, you guys kinda milled around on the side of the hill, letting me get a lot of damage in from the side pretty much unopposed, while the other guys kept you penned in that area.

In small groups it feels like roughly matching speed and being pretty religious about everybody being able to aim at the same area is key. 

Don't get isolated - separate is ok as long as your fields of fire are pretty similar.

And Zip's comments the other night make sense to me - even as a set of seven we need be in smaller groups that DO NOT SPLIT UP. The groups can separate, and we can talk about group size, but never alone is a big key.

Oh, and I do want to try that Rockfield thing we talked about Stealth - maybe against a group of Spuds just to see if it's practical.

Edited by furicle, 10 May 2016 - 04:06 PM.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

bg2b #3 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

Obviously I haven't played in the evening TR sessions, but I have watched a few streams with pretty good clans in TR battles (Chaos_Ascending streamed a bit of GRIM, but with no voice comms.  Air_kyabin on the Asia servers streamed some FOE scrimmages with the voice comms, though it's all in Korean).  One thing that's clear is that the voice comms are absolutely essential.  The "Attacking [whoever]" helps a bit and may be useful if you can't speak due to possible WAF, but you need to be at least listening.  In the high level games, the teams are moving together in a coordinated way that's really only possible with voice; stopping to type is just too slow.

Also clear is that the high-level games are largely about intelligence.  Teams seem to move very cautiously, probing and trying to figure out where the reds are and how they're disposed without anyone exposing unnecessarily.  Then you'll get sudden rushes of coordinated activity when a team perceives a temporary localized advantage or a need to quickly respond to an opposing move.  Again, you can't coordinate like that without voice; at best you might be able to spam the SOS or Attack button, but that's much more limited than "Red and Griff, push hard now! Fur, hold. Zip, rotate back to help Fur."

Sunny2100 #4 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12186 battles

ahredstealth - thank you for sharing your experience in the TR and more importantly the Lesson's Learned! I too need to learn to call out targets more often in increasing focus fire.

Zip_Zip #5 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42438 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hiya 'Stealth

I love playing tier ten in the TR it takes some of the pressure off and is more fun for me since in game in pub matches I tend to stress more about hoping into a ten. 

I notice that when I play with my fellow spuds that I tend not to call targets as often as I do in pub matches same with calling direction. Not sure why. If I had to guess its because when I'm with spuds I'm thinking more about the fun and less about grinding out exp, credits, masteries etc. The "working" part of my Blitz brain shuts down. 

Easily remedied. Gonna get my head out of my keyster from now on. I shoulda hoped on TS last night even if only able to listen. 

One of the issues I think as a clan we'll have to overcome is that when we do use TS it has been traditionally for the purposes of countdowns more than co-ordinated play.

Another thing we don't do enough of (I'm guilty of this for sure) is when platooned working as a unit. Instead we run more often as individuals scoring well seperately to produce wins as opposed to staying close, focus firing and cutting through opposing teams like a hot knife through butter. 

I think that as we move towards competitive play we need to master some basics before we can even begin to effectively employ bigger team strategies and tactics. 

Things to work on / possible solutions:

1. Co-ordinated teamwork / Sticking together in battle, taking turns leading and other guy as wingman (everyone should be comfortable in either position). On TS get used to discussing what's going on instead of things not relevant to the battle at hand (I'm guilty of this so often)

2. Focus fire / May not be a bad thing to get into the habit of calling each and every shot before you take it as long as you have the time to do so. Not just in TR but all matches. I myself am promising to do this from now on.

3. Practicing scenarios in TR's / Use TR to practice those "what the f are we going to do....lets do the usual though we'll prolly die fast" situations. Like practicing what to do on mines when at north spawn against a team that will get the hill first (I have a good one for this btw, need to practice it though). 

I'll add more stuff as I think of it...

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

bg2b #6 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

A good example of coordinated team response via voice comms from one of Air_kyabin's videos (on Copperfield of all maps...).  You might not be able to understand what they're saying, but it's clear what they're doing:

https://www.youtube....fiDMBtwro#t=249

ahredstealth #7 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfuricle, on 10 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Honestly I think you guys were mostly just out running your support/teamates. 

And Zip's comments the other night make sense to me - even as a set of seven we need be in smaller groups that DO NOT SPLIT UP. The groups can separate, and we can talk about group size, but never alone is a big key.

Oh, and I do want to try that Rockfield thing we talked about Stealth - maybe against a group of Spuds just to see if it's practical.

Thanks Fur!  Appreciate your response!

I believe we were not supporting each other well enough.  The one time on Canal where I had the boys set up high and I capped worked out because we helped each other.  Would have been better if I had more armor in the Cap, and could have bounced a shot or two...  I believe it would have pulled you guys in more.

Focus fire and taking a tank out of the game is HUGE.  I agree, even you flank, in TR vs Pubbie matches you need to work as a mini group then.  Also, if you run into resistance somewhere, if you are outmatched, you need to be able to hunker down, and wait it out.  Don't take damage.  If you're at a disadvantage in numbers, somewhere else there has to be an advantage in numbers.  Let them work that out, and you stay safe and alive instead of dead and out.

Yes.  We'll have to try that.  You need to give me more info on the rockfield bit though.  I need an entrance point.

View Postbg2b, on 10 May 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Obviously I haven't played in the evening TR sessions, but I have watched a few streams with pretty good clans in TR battles (Chaos_Ascending streamed a bit of GRIM, but with no voice comms.  Air_kyabin on the Asia servers streamed some FOE scrimmages with the voice comms, though it's all in Korean).  One thing that's clear is that the voice comms are absolutely essential.  The "Attacking [whoever]" helps a bit and may be useful if you can't speak due to possible WAF, but you need to be at least listening.  In the high level games, the teams are moving together in a coordinated way that's really only possible with voice; stopping to type is just too slow.

Also clear is that the high-level games are largely about intelligence.  Teams seem to move very cautiously, probing and trying to figure out where the reds are and how they're disposed without anyone exposing unnecessarily.  Then you'll get sudden rushes of coordinated activity when a team perceives a temporary localized advantage or a need to quickly respond to an opposing move.  Again, you can't coordinate like that without voice; at best you might be able to spam the SOS or Attack button, but that's much more limited than "Red and Griff, push hard now! Fur, hold. Zip, rotate back to help Fur."

I personally think you would be surprised how some teams don't really use voice coms...  I could be wrong.  We'll see.  One or two guys talking with the others silent could be a very good tool though.  Someone sort of helping to call the shots/weakspots.

Caution and finding where to push is something that I agree we have to learn though.  That is huge.

View PostZip_Zip, on 10 May 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Hiya 'Stealth

I love playing tier ten in the TR it takes some of the pressure off and is more fun for me since in game in pub matches I tend to stress more about hoping into a ten. 

I notice that when I play with my fellow spuds that I tend not to call targets as often as I do in pub matches same with calling direction. Not sure why. If I had to guess its because when I'm with spuds I'm thinking more about the fun and less about grinding out exp, credits, masteries etc. The "working" part of my Blitz brain shuts down. 

Another thing we don't do enough of (I'm guilty of this for sure) is when platooned working as a unit. Instead we run more often as individuals scoring well seperately to produce wins as opposed to staying close, focus firing and cutting through opposing teams like a hot knife through butter. 

I think that as we move towards competitive play we need to master some basics before we can even begin to effectively employ bigger team strategies and tactics. 

Things to work on / possible solutions:

1. Co-ordinated teamwork / Sticking together in battle, taking turns leading and other guy as wingman (everyone should be comfortable in either position). On TS get used to discussing what's going on instead of things not relevant to the battle at hand (I'm guilty of this so often)

2. Focus fire / May not be a bad thing to get into the habit of calling each and every shot before you take it as long as you have the time to do so. Not just in TR but all matches. I myself am promising to do this from now on.

3. Practicing scenarios in TR's / Use TR to practice those "what the f are we going to do....lets do the usual though we'll prolly die fast" situations. Like practicing what to do on mines when at north spawn against a team that will get the hill first (I have a good one for this btw, need to practice it though). 

Agreed.  When I was rolling in my IS-7 last night costing Griff huge sums of credits, I was looking for hull down spots and not finding them, more-so then attacking...  And also just having potato fun.  Mainly because 2v2 is a bit rough, and I really struggle with the IS-7.

Agreed.  I feel we do need to work on platoon/team battles, which is why I started this thread.  I didn't want it to get lost in the campfire, and I also didn't want to muck up the other clan battle thread.

BG, thanks for posting videos.  I think they are a huge help!  If you find other good ones, drop them here.  We can comment on them, as well.  I know other clans are working on map tactics, but I think we need to focus on some basic "Work as a team" stuff before we start other goofy business.

__AIM9INBOUND__ #8 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5229 battles
  • [SPUD]
Yeah sorry for crashing your tire ten game in my comet. My life will be about 90% better once I reach tier ten and I can play with the big boys.
this is a signature

dementian #9 Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39028 battles
  • [SPUDX]

First off, I would like to say I appreciate the opportunity to run tier 10's.  I shy away from playing them much these days.  I like the chance to learn how to play 10's in a "safe" environment.

I can't speak for Zip or Furicle, but I was just going with the flow.  I wasn't on TS.  I think we did a reasonable job of focus firing to eliminate tanks quickly, but I don't recall any specific callouts.  I do need to learn to use the "Attack" callout more, especially when not using TS.  One of the battles on Canal, Zip and I were in mediums and Furicle was in his IS4 I believe.  We kind of left Fur in the dust and I think we paid for it.  So for smaller teams at least, sticking together is key.  The battle on Castilla definitely made this apparent when I believe you were trying to flank us.  The three of us met Gus and Griff early on and overwhelmed them before you could get around to us.  I actually kept expecting shots from the side and when they didn't come, I assumed you were afk or lagging out.

On another note, Gus mentioned in one of the games that he bounced a lot of heat shells.  I was once told "never fire heat at an IS7".  Obviously Heat can be very effective on the pike nose or turret cheeks, but the tracks and side skirts with the spaced armor will eat heat.  I admit, I was surprised the one shot Gus had on me (IS7) bounced.  He was only about a tank length away from me in his IS4 and it was a direct side shot.   

CommandoTank7 #10 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15757 battles
  • [FLOOP]
I think that the most important factor in being successful is playing your team's tanks according to their individual roles. A couple of days ago in a training room I was in a game where it was a tier X 3v4. An AZUL player in a 140, an XPD guy in an IS4, and myself in the Leopard 1, we were up against FOUR enemies. With a mix of TDs heavies and meds. The map was dead rails. Essentially what we did WITHOUT voice comms was play to our roles. I established a high sniper position, the Is4 was side scraping a building while baiting in shots, and the 140 was spotting for the 3 of us. The 140 and IS-4 were mutually covrring each other and i was raining down shells from afar into those that they spotted. We were all communicating to each other through the quick communication buttons and short phrases over chat.  I quickly destroyed one enemy TD and supported the is4 from afar with his kill. The 140 and myself flanked around the valley once it was a 3v2, myself taking up another sniping spot to cover the 140 and the 140 going in closer. Together we eradicated the next tank by covering each other and overlapping, and then all 3 of us crushed the last tank to win a 3v4 4-0.  It was a great win because we all played our tanks to our roles and constantly supported each other. Each tanks specific strengths when used together with your team's tanks strengths is a recipe for a win. 

Edited by CommandoTank7, 10 May 2016 - 05:12 PM.

thebrossassinator #11 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16226 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 10 May 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

(Gonna pause here for a moment.  We had Aim in the room for a bit, running a tier 7 comet.  BroSass [Did we get a nickname for him yet?  Who's in charge of that?] stopped by for a bit, but I was trying to run as many games as I could before Daddy Duty called, and so I tend to move people back to "Que" if they aren't clicking the Ready button after about 30~ish seconds from when everyone else is ready.  Sorry if that's a jerk move.)

No worries!  I had just ended a great run with Ptank (17/20 @ Tier 5) and was pumped up to run my Obj 140.  Then I looked at the time and realized that I was an hour past when I had planned to shut it down for the night and left without noticing I had been moved.  

To build upon the platoon/teamwork discussion, I think you can help build teamwork into the battles through the choices in tanks.  Last night in our platoon, Ptank ran his Shinobi and I was in the KV-1 (that tanks is so good with +/-1) and it forced me to push to the front, take damage, and spot.  Worked decent.  That being said, I found that I am a little lazy about calling targets.  I did find that it is best to allow one person to call the game and the other simply types a supporting statement to the team...

Ptanks "Right please"

Me "All right please"

Random team mates "Affirmative", "Affirmative", "No go bridge" (Jk on the last one)

And that's how it went for most of the 20 games with Ptank calling it and I supporting.

BTW, looks like people are settling in on BroSass but, in reality I respond to anything and on TS the other day I gave away my super secret and exotic preferred name.  Can't say it here for fear of punishment or targeting by foreign governments :P

Edited by thebrossassinator, 10 May 2016 - 05:15 PM.

bg2b #12 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

Chaos_ascending sent me a link to a youtube version of one of their scrimmages (but with the voice comms muted).  IIRC I had posted a mobcrush link in the campfire thread earlier, but this is distilled down so you don't have to wait through the pre-battle organization stuff.

https://youtu.be/W2wclNdAvt4

Big_B99 #13 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14450 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I know that there is a video somewhere that one of the top competitive clans on WOT PC allowed to be released that shows the battle along with their voice comms.  It may help to see what some of the best players in the game (albeit PC) think of and what they focus on/call out during competitive top league battles.  I'll try to find it if anyone is interested.  

cashcashme #14 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6706 battles
  • [SPUD]

I'm not on TS, and I don't know if they were, but Zip_Zip, me, and some other SPUD (Sorry, I honestly can't remember who it was) were in a NE vs SPUD room, and we seemed to, IMHO, function much better against those guys when there was only three of us on a team as opposed to 7. A lot of it has to do with not being overcrowded in your particular area. 

For the record, we got swept. But winning didn't seem so unattainable when there were only three of us.

EDIT: The third SPUD was Alphabet.

Edited by cashcashme, 10 May 2016 - 06:01 PM.

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

bg2b #15 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postcashcashme, on 10 May 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

For the record, we got swept. But winning didn't seem so unattainable when there were only three of us.

Makes sense; a 1-on-1 between two similarly competent players is often likely to come down to RNG, but the benefits of coordination will increase as the number of tanks goes up.

bg2b #16 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBig_B99, on 10 May 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

I know that there is a video somewhere that one of the top competitive clans on WOT PC allowed to be released that shows the battle along with their voice comms.  It may help to see what some of the best players in the game (albeit PC) think of and what they focus on/call out during competitive top league battles.  I'll try to find it if anyone is interested.  

Please do; I'd be very interested.

ahredstealth #17 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post__AIM9INBOUND__, on 10 May 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Yeah sorry for crashing your tire ten game in my comet. My life will be about 90% better once I reach tier ten and I can play with the big boys.

No worries.  I think in a tier 8 you would have been fine.  (IE: not a Pref MM'ing 8... but something that was designed to see tens.)  I think we could have re-org'd the teams a bit too...  Maybe that's something we can discuss for TR's in this thread as we get set up running more.

View Postdementian, on 10 May 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

First off, I would like to say I appreciate the opportunity to run tier 10's.  I shy away from playing them much these days.  I like the chance to learn how to play 10's in a "safe" environment.

I can't speak for Zip or Furicle, but I was just going with the flow.  I wasn't on TS.  I think we did a reasonable job of focus firing to eliminate tanks quickly, but I don't recall any specific callouts.  I do need to learn to use the "Attack" callout more, especially when not using TS.  One of the battles on Canal, Zip and I were in mediums and Furicle was in his IS4 I believe.  We kind of left Fur in the dust and I think we paid for it.  So for smaller teams at least, sticking together is key.  The battle on Castilla definitely made this apparent when I believe you were trying to flank us.  The three of us met Gus and Griff early on and overwhelmed them before you could get around to us.  I actually kept expecting shots from the side and when they didn't come, I assumed you were afk or lagging out.

On another note, Gus mentioned in one of the games that he bounced a lot of heat shells.  I was once told "never fire heat at an IS7".  Obviously Heat can be very effective on the pike nose or turret cheeks, but the tracks and side skirts with the spaced armor will eat heat.  I admit, I was surprised the one shot Gus had on me (IS7) bounced.  He was only about a tank length away from me in his IS4 and it was a direct side shot.   

Yeah, I like to learn ten more as well.

I had a heat shot bounce on Furicle in our first game when it was just him and me.  I think RNG sometimes just messes with people.  I was less then one tank length away, broadside to him in a maus, hit the upper hull.  Bounce.  The whole side was "Grey" or "Pen-able."  I suppose we could do more testing with that too... I love TR's.

View PostCommandoTank7, on 10 May 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think that the most important factor in being successful is playing your team's tanks according to their individual roles. A couple of days ago in a training room I was in a game where it was a tier X 3v4. An AZUL player in a 140, an XPD guy in an IS4, and myself in the Leopard 1, we were up against FOUR enemies. With a mix of TDs heavies and meds. The map was dead rails. Essentially what we did WITHOUT voice comms was play to our roles. I established a high sniper position, the Is4 was side scraping a building while baiting in shots, and the 140 was spotting for the 3 of us. The 140 and IS-4 were mutually covrring each other and i was raining down shells from afar into those that they spotted. We were all communicating to each other through the quick communication buttons and short phrases over chat.  I quickly destroyed one enemy TD and supported the is4 from afar with his kill. The 140 and myself flanked around the valley once it was a 3v2, myself taking up another sniping spot to cover the 140 and the 140 going in closer. Together we eradicated the next tank by covering each other and overlapping, and then all 3 of us crushed the last tank to win a 3v4 4-0.  It was a great win because we all played our tanks to our roles and constantly supported each other. Each tanks specific strengths when used together with your team's tanks strengths is a recipe for a win. 

Thank you for this.  Appreciate it.

View PostBig_B99, on 10 May 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Yes please.

Big_B99 #18 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14450 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I don't believe that this is the one that I was thinking of, but here is one from a match set between SIMP and o7.  Now, I haven't watched this completely, so I don't know if there is any language, so just know that.  For the video, they simply overlayed their TS communications over the official video, which is also available on YT.  Just know that it can get kind of confusing at times, as you have both the announcers talking in the background, as well as the players talking among themselves.  The team that you are listening to is SIMP, who have been either #1 or close to it every year since WGLNA started over 7 years ago.  So watch it if you like, take from it what you like, and don't throw too many rotten potatoes at me.  

___Griffdog___ #19 Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28926 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Great thread.  I think we need to work on three things: 

1)  Shooting 

2)  Moving

3)  Communicating

We might want to split up when on team speak (different rooms?), so we can practice communication without worrying about the other side knowing our plans.  Practice a base of fire (fixing the enemy) and a maneuver element, so we don’t get pinned down.  The big thing I took away from playing with the NE guys is that they hit us from multiple sides at the same time which was very confusing.  

We have a lot of things to learn but I think we are off to a good start and the more we practice and play together we should form a good core of players who are all on the same page.    

ahredstealth #20 Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

How about some fun tonight?

Want to play some Kill Kenny?

I'm thinking I'll be able to set up a room at about 9:30 PM Central Time.

Each side gets a Kenny Otsu.

The rest of the teams are made up of tier 5/6...  whatever you want to bring.  It doesn't matter to me.

Object of the game is this:  Kill Kenny.  First team to kill the other teams Kenny Wins.  Kenny's can shoot and kill each other.

Only rules are:  No Glitching Kenny.  He cannot leave playable area.

If you want to roll with 6 VK 28's and YOLO RUSH wolf pack the other team's Kenny, go ahead.  If you want to roll with 6 TOGs, and form a protective Tank Castle for your Kenny, go ahead.

All up to you guys.

I'll roll in my Kenny.  Gonna need another Kenny.

Should we do random teams through the night, or sign up teams and then each team can discuss strategy?

Edited by ahredstealth, 11 May 2016 - 02:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users