Jump to content


SPUD Training Room Recaps: Thoughts, discussions, call outs, name calling, and more potato-ish rand...

SPUD SPUDX Potato prom dress training room how did it go? sit down we need to talk what the heck happened? how did they do that

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

thebrossassinator #21 Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16226 battles
  • 189
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
I'm game and can bring a Kenny to the room. 


ahredstealth #22 Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

Hm...  How many Kenny's do we have?  Maybe we should rotate that as well.

 

I just didn't know how many are in the clan...  I know Zip has one because he's a fanatic.  And Psy has one...  Now I know Bro's got one.

 

I guess you guys post up if you want to run as a Kenny Otsu or not, and we'll rotate if we have interest.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


Ookla_the_Mok #23 Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

    Team Brisket

  • Players
  • 28208 battles
  • 5,500
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

I've got a Kenny, might be able to get on tonight though no promises.

 

I played this type of game and it can be surprisingly fun. I think they were calling it VIP. It might work with two VIPs per team, like one Kenny that is protected and a T2 Light to run. The VIPs can kill each other. Keep mixing teams, move up and down tiers some, celebrate prammo and ramming.


[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

 


ruggs225 #24 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30446 battles
  • 558
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015
I got a Kenny as well

LIGHTS___OUT #25 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

    Welcome to the Dark Side

  • Players
  • 37602 battles
  • 615
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

No Kenny, but I have several Kenny killers. 

I will plan on jumping in the TR, but as always, WAF will be in play. 


                                                

                                                                         

        


ahredstealth #26 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostLIGHTS___OUT, on 11 May 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

I will plan on jumping in the TR, but as always, WAF will be in play. 

 

Understood.  That's why I thought a fun night might be good.  And I was thinking tier 5/6 to keep costs down for the credit oriented...

 

How about we start with one Kenny per team, and we can go from there...  add in T2 lights as needed...


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


t4four #27 Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

    Fix the cigarette lighter

  • Players
  • 35358 battles
  • 1,694
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I will roll in around 10:30 central. I can get my Kenny off the trailer or run whatever else may be needed.

Would like to note that I only played about a dozen games last night, but they were all lag/glitch free. Even had some decent teams on both sides. Hope to have more of this.


I like turtles

__AIM9INBOUND__ #28 Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5229 battles
  • 898
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016
I might be able to participate as a non-Kenny, but only if it's from 4:00 to 5:45. If no one can get on at that time, don't stress about it but I will be on at that time so I'll see if it's going
this is a signature

Zip_Zip #29 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42456 battles
  • 2,893
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2015
I've got a Kenny and a TOG. Sounds like fun.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

 


yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #30 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27233 battles
  • 409
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    08-31-2014
Ummmmmm! TOG
Have SPUD, will BUD

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #31 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27233 battles
  • 409
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    08-31-2014
I don't have a Kenny but sounds fun .if can I'll be on about 11:30 pm
Have SPUD, will BUD

SieurPersil #32 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

    Knight of the Round Potato

  • Players
  • 25048 battles
  • 1,164
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014

Got a Kenny, come and get me !

 


Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"


ahredstealth #33 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostZip_Zip, on 11 May 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

I've got a Kenny and a TOG. Sounds like fun.

 

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 11 May 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Ummmmmm! TOG

 

Party TOG is Happy TOG.

 

I still have no clue how to play my TOG.  Best I've managed to date is a 2nd class...  I don't know how people master this thing...  Get to the front line late, half the Reds are dead -OR- Your team gets steam rolled, you get focus fired...


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


bg2b #34 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

    M4 Lifestyle

  • Players
  • 21070 battles
  • 2,350
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

There are some GRIM and DD scrimmages in Chaos_Ascending's stream from last night.  You do hear his end of the teamspeak conversation in these cases, though not the whole team (warning: I haven't watched the whole stream here, but in general he sometimes can be a bit salty on his streams).

 

http://www.mobcrush....63df617ba6657a8

 



cashcashme #35 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6706 battles
  • 708
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015

I'll definitely try to be on for some good ole Kenny killing.

 

On a side note, some pubbies and I were twice able to beat a team of 501's in TR's.


Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

 

 "If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

   #YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]


DisordeR_ #36 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30953 battles
  • 624
  • [-BA-]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postbg2b, on 11 May 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

but in general he sometimes can be a bit salty on his streams).

 

:)



razernaga2014 #37 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

    I drink and I know things.

  • Players
  • 12045 battles
  • 1,423
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View PostBig_B99, on 10 May 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I don't believe that this is the one that I was thinking of, but here is one from a match set between SIMP and o7.  Now, I haven't watched this completely, so I don't know if there is any language, so just know that.  For the video, they simply overlayed their TS communications over the official video, which is also available on YT.  Just know that it can get kind of confusing at times, as you have both the announcers talking in the background, as well as the players talking among themselves.  The team that you are listening to is SIMP, who have been either #1 or close to it every year since WGLNA started over 7 years ago.  So watch it if you like, take from it what you like, and don't throw too many rotten potatoes at me.  

 

 

 

I don't like those videos.

 

This guy is so much better.  OMNI is in the top 5 clans for WOT CW.  I feel like I always talk about him, but he is really worth a watch.  

 

 

Basically in an area of conflict, designate one person to call targets.  Talk in TS or in-game.  In a brawl, they use the attacking (player) button to command the team to shoot mainly at that person, or TS to verbally communicate.  There should be one caller who coordinates the general strategy of the team.  They have the plan in mind, how to counter enemy advances, and how to adapt to road bumps.  He should then have a secondary person who both knows the general outline of the plan, and is able to call targets as well.


I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

 


Herodotus4 #38 Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22364 battles
  • 2,717
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Postrazernaga2014, on 11 May 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

I don't like those videos.

 

This guy is so much better.  OMNI is in the top 5 clans for WOT CW.  I feel like I always talk about him, but he is really worth a watch.  

 

 

Basically in an area of conflict, designate one person to call targets.  Talk in TS or in-game.  In a brawl, they use the attacking (player) button to command the team to shoot mainly at that person, or TS to verbally communicate.  There should be one caller who coordinates the general strategy of the team.  They have the plan in mind, how to counter enemy advances, and how to adapt to road bumps.  He should then have a secondary person who both knows the general outline of the plan, and is able to call targets as well.

The other thing about gengis is that he is an omni war leader, he calls games and so has some lessons about that too.


"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs


Blartch #39 Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 59988 battles
  • 8,157
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

A few of us had the opportunity to do battle 7v7 with NE last night.  SPUDs managed 4 kills over 3 games, which I was honestly pretty happy with!  As expected, their map placement, levels of exposure, crossfire arrangements, and targeting abilities were impressive to say the least.  I know I took note of how they positioned themselves (most of my motivation for playing vs., really) and how they protected their E5 pimples.  Our best showing was a game on Middleburg, where all went hill and we managed to kill 2 and get most of the others down to 1-2 shots.  But yeah... a slaughter, but an educational one.

 

I'm sure I'm forgetting some names, so I won't bother with a list... but doubleplusthanks to all SPUDs and Knights Who Say 'NE' for the little school lesson

 

 

So to add some value here... how do you approach "training" in the training rooms?  What do you watch while playing to learn?

 

My concentration was mostly on the mini-map.  Once all the red tanks were spotted, I just took note of where the tank types had taken position.  Of note, NE's entire team went to initial positions, then didn't move much until the end game (well, they moved constantly, never sitting still to allow clear weak point shots... which is another lesson).  It makes me think about digging up those Russian server tactic maps that float around to study.


Edited by Blartch, 13 May 2016 - 01:03 PM.


ahredstealth #40 Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostBlartch, on 13 May 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

A few of us had the opportunity to do battle 7v7 with NE last night.  SPUDs managed 4 kills over 3 games, which I was honestly pretty happy with!  As expected, their map placement, levels of exposure, crossfire arrangements, and targeting abilities were impressive to say the least.  I know I took note of how they positioned themselves (most of my motivation for playing vs., really) and how they protected their E5 pimples.  Our best showing was a game on Middleburg, where all went hill and we managed to kill 2 and get most of the others down to 1-2 shots.  But yeah... a slaughter, but an educational one.

 

I'm sure I'm forgetting some names, so I won't bother with a list... but doubleplusthanks to all SPUDs and Knights Who Say 'NE' for the little school lesson

 

 

So to add some value here... how do you approach "training" in the training rooms?  What do you watch while playing to learn?

 

My concentration was mostly on the mini-map.  Once all the red tanks were spotted, I just took note of where the tank types had taken position.  Of note, NE's entire team went to initial positions, then didn't move much until the end game (well, they moved constantly, never sitting still to allow clear weak point shots... which is another lesson).  It makes me think about digging up those Russian server tactic maps that float around to study.

 

Cool Beans.  Wish i could have been there.

 

I pay attention to initial positioning, because if often shows how people cover the map, and initial strategy.

 

And where I can YOLO to so I die the fastest...

 

Some spots are very good for certain tanks, and when I play against skilled players, I like to know those spots so I can use them... 


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users