A-20 Russian Lights Scouting abusing speed 37mm Guides

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

michaeltsoon #1 Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 14667 battles
  • [HATED]

The A-20: Some think that it's "the worst tank in the game", in mine, it's actually VERY good and deadly in the correct user's hands. Stock, like all Russian mediums this is A HORRIBLE TANK that can be killed by Tier 3s, but once maxed with the speed upgrades this thing is OP. With its weight clocking in at c.20 tons this thing can do 72 km max, 60 km actual. The only gun you should use is the 37-mm autocannon. With a 6-shot magazine that does c. 300 alpha max this thing can one-volley a lot of  T3 TDs. For example: Marder, SU-76, T82, etc. etc. Also useful in reconnaissance missions up against T4 and T3s. You can shave off about 1/2 of a tank's health before running away. Due to the low penetration, however there are a quite a few tanks that will WRECK this thing. But it can still pen most, if not all Tier 3s frontally. Watch out for Hetzer: its traverse speed will KILL YOU unless you can spam APCR at its lower hull and/or flank it. the D.W. 2: Can only be penned 1/6 times frontally unless you spam APCR. With no armor, you will die quickly without cover and/or support. The MATILDA: Worst enemy heads-on in my opinion. With support it can eat away your health with its 40-damage pop gun. You CAN'T EVEN PEN IT FROM THE SIDE OR BACK WITHOUT APCR. So without spamming it, try to take out its teammates, then ask for help.  In a fight-or-die situation  though try to track it first, then spam APCR at its sides. Or, if you're on low HP just run: It'll never catch up to you. XD. The Lee: Play the Circle of Death. (CoD) Also, abusing speed is VITAL TO THIS TANK!!!! When top tier it will DESTROY EVERYTHING, but will get destroyed itself without any (reliable) cover. When tracked, this thing is a flaming torch. In T5, T4, and T3 battles alike I LOVE to rush down the middle (e.g. Desert Sands), fire at the enemies at spawn who haven't even gotten ONLINE yet, or are just discussing strategies, fire at them, then run away using your OP Speed. Killed quite a few TDs above like this in that map.... But don't get caught heads on.. you will die. Matched with tier 5s, this thing is just about useless though. Frontally, its gun can't pen anything except for the Crusader, Anko SP, and Chi-Nu. So just wait at spawn untill all enemy tanks are spotted, then flank. Hope this helped! BTW: I am no noob. Look at my stats on the A-20 on wot blitz stars.... OP Tank. When platooning, choose a Luchs as it has great pen but low alpha. Let it distract lone enemies then flank them. Had a  15 game win streak or something doing that.... LOL. Final words : Russian mediums rule! URA!!!!!!!!

Deputy Commander and Public Relations Officer of [HATED]. Please PM if you would like details on our clan

Hated for a reason.

Proudly ranked 7th in T2 Light, 13th in T-28, 18th in JagdPanzer 4, 19th in Strv 74A2, 27th in Pz Kpfw II, 29th in Pz Kpfw III/IV, 39th in T82, and 42nd in Pz IV Schmaltrum on NA!

clever_pseudonym #2 Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles
  • [O-VII]

Does anyone actually think it's underpowered? Check wotbstars stats for it. You have to go to the seventeenth ranked player to find a wn8 under 10,000. 

LasVegas_NA #3 Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2293 battles
  • [WT]
The autoloader needs more penetration. Then I would think its Op

"If you want to find billionaires, go to New York. If you want to find athletes, go to Los Angeles. If you want to find tankers that you can count on, go to Las Vegas."

--- LasVegas_NA

uberbrau1975 #4 Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13796 battles
I've never been able to get the thing to work for me, but I mainly drove it during my super noob days

MorphmanMVP #5 Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22267 battles
The topic creator doesn't even know the type of tank that they created the post about.

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

bg2b #6 Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 8560 battles
  • [SPUD]
It's one of my favorite tanks. I just carry half APCR and shoot it at anything with a whiff of armor.  You won't make a ton of money, but it's probably more-or-less credit neutral if you can drive it reasonably well.

thermodelicious #7 Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2209 battles
  • [LMFA0]
I love the A-20 and the t-46, I drive the A-20 like a bigger faster and more powerful T-46.

Darkest_Flame #8 Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8910 battles
  • [META]
A-20 is a ridiculously good tank, I don't use the auto-loader though, waste of time. Cant pen the DW2 with normal ammo. Single shot gun is really good though, high rate of fire.

panzermk6 #9 Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 24972 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 15 May 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

The A-20: Some think that it's "the worst tank in the game", in mine, it's actually VERY good and deadly in the correct user's hands. Stock, like all Russian mediums this is A HORRIBLE TANK that can be killed by Tier 3s, but once maxed with the speed upgrades this thing is OP. With its weight clocking in at c.20 tons this thing can do 72 km max, 60 km actual. The only gun you should use is the 37-mm autocannon. With a 6-shot magazine that does c. 300 alpha max this thing can one-volley a lot of  T3 TDs. For example: Marder, SU-76, T82, etc. etc. Also useful in reconnaissance missions up against T4 and T3s. You can shave off about 1/2 of a tank's health before running away. Due to the low penetration, however there are a quite a few tanks that will WRECK this thing. But it can still pen most, if not all Tier 3s frontally. Watch out for Hetzer: its traverse speed will KILL YOU unless you can spam APCR at its lower hull and/or flank it. the D.W. 2: Can only be penned 1/6 times frontally unless you spam APCR. With no armor, you will die quickly without cover and/or support. The MATILDA: Worst enemy heads-on in my opinion. With support it can eat away your health with its 40-damage pop gun. You CAN'T EVEN PEN IT FROM THE SIDE OR BACK WITHOUT APCR. So without spamming it, try to take out its teammates, then ask for help.  In a fight-or-die situation  though try to track it first, then spam APCR at its sides. Or, if you're on low HP just run: It'll never catch up to you. XD. The Lee: Play the Circle of Death. (CoD) Also, abusing speed is VITAL TO THIS TANK!!!! When top tier it will DESTROY EVERYTHING, but will get destroyed itself without any (reliable) cover. When tracked, this thing is a flaming torch. In T5, T4, and T3 battles alike I LOVE to rush down the middle (e.g. Desert Sands), fire at the enemies at spawn who haven't even gotten ONLINE yet, or are just discussing strategies, fire at them, then run away using your OP Speed. Killed quite a few TDs above like this in that map.... But don't get caught heads on.. you will die. Matched with tier 5s, this thing is just about useless though. Frontally, its gun can't pen anything except for the Crusader, Anko SP, and Chi-Nu. So just wait at spawn untill all enemy tanks are spotted, then flank. Hope this helped! BTW: I am no noob. Look at my stats on the A-20 on wot blitz stars.... OP Tank. When platooning, choose a Luchs as it has great pen but low alpha. Let it distract lone enemies then flank them. Had a  15 game win streak or something doing that.... LOL. Final words : Russian mediums rule! URA!!!!!!!!

If you think the A-20 is good, you've clearly never played the Panzer III. Frontal armor of a Matilda flying at 60km/h with great DPM. Literally better than the A-20 in essentially every way.

242 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Current Clan Commander for [IRD]; Interested in joining a mildly competitive clan of calm and democratic blitzers?

Join here! 

Also your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

uberbrau1975 #10 Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13796 battles

View Postpanzermk6, on 15 May 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

If you think the A-20 is good, you've clearly never played the Panzer III. Frontal armor of a Matilda flying at 60km/h with great DPM. Literally better than the A-20 in essentially every way.

This! The pz 3 is a killing machine 

wannabeunicum #11 Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18168 battles
  • [DFNT]

He prob read the wiki

That is for pc where it faces tier sixes

panzermk6 #12 Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 24972 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postwannabeunicum, on 15 May 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

He prob read the wiki

That is for pc where it faces tier sixes

I actually recently rewrote the blitz wiki article a few days ago. Finally got rid of the PC article placeholder. 

I redid every page in the Soviet med line other than the Xs, and a few others

Edited by panzermk6, 16 May 2016 - 01:55 AM.

242 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Current Clan Commander for [IRD]; Interested in joining a mildly competitive clan of calm and democratic blitzers?

Join here! 

Also your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Hizzoner #13 Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9165 battles
  • [AHOY]

Thanks...trying to remediate my awful a20 wr now so I can figure out the t34, which is a mystery to me still. At tier v I have been doing much better on the m4 than the t34 and expected to be about equal wr. Decided to not use the auto as I ultimately hope to comprehend the t34 gun and play style 

cheers

mark

clever_pseudonym #14 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles
  • [O-VII]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 15 May 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

A-20 is a ridiculously good tank, I don't use the auto-loader though, waste of time. Cant pen the DW2 with normal ammo. Single shot gun is really good though, high rate of fire.

APOSTASY!!!

Seriously, give the 37mm auto cannon a try. It makes the tank. Bring along some prammo for the odd Matilda or KV-1, but the pen is good enough for pretty much everything else.

Leadf00t #15 Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]
Fresh into this game, when I worked my way up the Russian tree, the A-20 was by far my worst tank.  I literally had a nightmare over it.  I'll have to go back and give it a try now that I have a better feel for the game and the maps.  Thanks for the tips.

Edited by Leadf00t, 19 May 2016 - 02:21 PM.

Leadf00t #16 Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

Thanks again.  :)

eutectix #17 Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14385 battles
  • [GRIM]
After A20 got the new guns it's actually a decent tank. The accuracy on the auto loader is excellent and you will shred most lower tier tanks. Even against tier 5 when you load apcr you can often out trade them in burst damage. Before they added the competitive gun A20 was a POS. I remember every tier 4 tank being solid red back in the days.

CaRnAgE_95 #18 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3619 battles

A-20 is really good. Minus the crappy and cheap (IMO) autoloader, it is a very neat little thing to be in control of. The one shot does nice damage at an alright RoF & ACC. Even better, you don't lose all hope of dealing damage on the move when it counts. This thing's speed is it's armor and dealing damage on the go is imperative to determining who're the children and who're the men when it comes to piloting. It's not like any other Russian med tho, it's more like a Russian version of the tier 5 leopard IMO. 

I fight towards true opposition. I guess I'm Mr.Controversial considering most elitests view my statements as if I was a liberal in a conservative house. Firm believer in nerfing premium ammo, +/-1 MM, buffing the credit coefficients for nonpremium tanks, adding a reload timer & range meter to where you point your cross hairs(Check mark! thank you WG!!), making armor actually work, nerfing RNG for slower reloads, buffing RNG for faster reloads, and making the tracks not eat 700+ alpha damage from HE when applicable.  

I love this game

TANKpooka #19 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2035 battles
  • [DEF_X]

View PostCaRnAgE_95, on 19 May 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

A-20 is really good. Minus the crappy and cheap (IMO) autoloader, it is a very neat little thing to be in control of. The one shot does nice damage at an alright RoF & ACC. Even better, you don't lose all hope of dealing damage on the move when it counts. This thing's speed is it's armor and dealing damage on the go is imperative to determining who're the children and who're the men when it comes to piloting. It's not like any other Russian med tho, it's more like a Russian version of the tier 5 leopard IMO. 

You should consider giving the 37mm autoloader a try.. 240 burst damage is nothing to scoff at and the APCR is more than enough for anything you'll ever see. 

CaRnAgE_95 #20 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3619 battles

View Post_supernova__, on 19 May 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

You should consider giving the 37mm autoloader a try.. 240 burst damage is nothing to scoff at and the APCR is more than enough for anything you'll ever see. 

I'll definitely pick her back up eventually supah. But for now I'm pretty content with 'er stats. Hey who knows, I might finally get that ace once I realize the power of that autoloader xD

But for now I'm on a mission to free exp the kv-1s's top gun, blueify/purpleify those stats, and get that ace :trollface:

Edited by CaRnAgE_95, 19 May 2016 - 06:13 PM.

I fight towards true opposition. I guess I'm Mr.Controversial considering most elitests view my statements as if I was a liberal in a conservative house. Firm believer in nerfing premium ammo, +/-1 MM, buffing the credit coefficients for nonpremium tanks, adding a reload timer & range meter to where you point your cross hairs(Check mark! thank you WG!!), making armor actually work, nerfing RNG for slower reloads, buffing RNG for faster reloads, and making the tracks not eat 700+ alpha damage from HE when applicable.  

I love this game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ranger5379