• 15454 battles
  • [MAHOU]

So, the update with training rooms brought us

1. Cancer

2. More cancer

3. LOTS OF LAG

4. A sprinkle more of cancer

5. Even more noobs

6. People who think it is funny to take what they did in training rooms into actual matches

7. Less players in actual matches, making it hard to credit grind.

so, with this, I'd like to say, i hate cancer. This means, I hate training rooms. GG wg

what's the point of living if you're just going to be miserable?

Chavalitos_De_Guerra #2 Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Banned
  • 11542 battles
  • [NCPD]
Yup

My YouTube Channel

Favorite Tanks: Obj.140Kenny Otsu - IS-6

Most Hated Tanks: Doom Turtle - Death Star - Type 59

FlammeumDraco333 #3 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]
So everyone complains that WG doesn't implement training rooms, then when they finally do implement training rooms, everyone complains about them. Does nothing WG do satisfy you?

Edited by FlammeumDraco333, 19 May 2016 - 05:01 PM.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

TANKpooka #4 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3093 battles
  • [CROSS]
Eh, people complain about everything

Ausf_G #5 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 55254 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Ya got love the glitchers who want to exploit the glitches in battle WG  please fix the glitches
https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Ausf_G

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

crpl_hicks #6 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

I would prefer to have a "Test Drive" room, where I can try out a tank before I decide if I want to Grind for it OR if I was RICH pay for it?

I'm still not keen on having to pay for damage in a "Training" Room.

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

andyllinger #7 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 35451 battles
  • [MSTRY]
Ok

34 Tier X

Mr_BushyBeard #8 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13413 battles
  • [III-H]

I see what you're saying, but I think they've pumped life into a stale game, problems aside. 

I know a number of players who've come back simply because they can muck around in the training rooms and learn to play. 

Edited by Augustus_Sohn_Prime, 19 May 2016 - 05:21 PM.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Formerly “Augustus_Sohn”; lost a bet to my son and this was his pick. 

75mm_M1A2 #9 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9314 battles
  • [501ST]

I'll be honest, all I ever see in the training room lobby is "!!!!RUNNERSVSCHASERS!!!!" or "TEIRX VS TEIR 1!"

As fun as those were for the first day I saw them, they are getting old and by god they are getting unoriginal and overused. These training rooms are being used for goofing off as opposed to actual 'Training' or something cool like Historical Battles.

Then again, if I wanted to play an actual battle, I may as well hit the Random Battle button. 

acrisis #10 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

The key to actually doing any training in a training room is doing it coordinated with one or more friends or guys from your clan, in a training room you control.

I have had wonderful "spot and relocate retreat" "spot and miss with HE" "spot and hit with HE ... sessions. At next to no cost. 

I have had wonderful -bt- sessions.  

I was doing some -bt- this morning, with the room declared to be for tier 3 - 4 ....... there was a steady flow of tier 6 7 and 8 wanting in, but I just left those high tier guys in the middle. People who switched to lower tier, I let them in and it was up to them if they wanted to spot and retreat, etc.  

But the thing I have not yet done, is join a random training room. I have only joined training rooms with someone I know via chat, discord, clan, ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

FitzhughGoode #11 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 115342 battles
  • [FUXII]

Now is a good time to be a Blitz beginner.  I wish training rooms were available for me just to learn the maps.  Trial by fire for me was thousands of battles.  Just surviving to see the maps was an accomplishment.  Thanks at least for ghost cams.  The training ground wasn't really a good place to learn tank handling.

One would hope that there are separate servers for training rooms and the lag issue is bandwith or something I'm not qualified to speak to.

IronSpectre1138 #12 Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5512 battles
  • [SPUDX]

How can you ever control what the players do or say? The more serious players are using the rooms for pre- CW battles and training. I know my clan is. Personally, I like practicing various tactics. I also test tank performance with and without the various boosts, just to see what I'm actually getting for my money when in actual combat.

My point is, people will make out of it what they want. I'm a bit older and look at TR as a serious training tool; I also realize that not everyone looks at it that way.

Edited by aramikvideo19, 19 May 2016 - 05:57 PM.

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

4sfield #13 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

I couldn't find anything appealing last night but usually can. There aren't many tier specific rooms being put together other than Tier X's. The runners and chasers rooms I use for stress relief. 

There isn't a good way to communicate any ideas you may have for the room. The description is the only thing you can go by. Once in the room if something is going on it usually takes a battle or 2 before everybody gets on board. A TR chat would help with coordinating teams and specifics. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

putnamJavi #14 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View Postaramikvideo19, on 19 May 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

How can you ever control what the players do or say? The more serious players are using the rooms for pre- CW battles and training. I know my clan is. Personally, I like practicing various tactics. I also test tank performance with and without the various boosts, just to see what I'm actually getting for my money when in actual combat.

My point is, people will make out of it what they want. I'm a bit older and look at TR as a serious training tool; I also realize that not everyone looks at it that way.

I also echo Armamik's view.  What I've found is that now I can actually train to fight in a 7 person team rather than just a 2 per platoon match.  It TOTALLY changes the game for me.  Why should I log in and play PUB matches where I have to deal with AFK's, trolls, and chronic ragers when I can log in and play with like-minded individuals whom are also serious about improving their skill set?  My biggest surprise in T/R is that the skills used to become successful in Blitz do not accurately translate to success in T/Rs.  When I play against another team of competitive and skilled players it only serves to make me better in game overall.  This quote is often used in my clan = "As iron sharpens iron, so friends sharpen each other" - Proverbs 27:17

Oralflame #15 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18545 battles
  • [_TRAP]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 19 May 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

So everyone complains that WG doesn't implement training rooms, then when they finally do implement training rooms, everyone complains about them. Does nothing WG do satisfy you?

People like to complain.

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 19 May 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I would prefer to have a "Test Drive" room, where I can try out a tank before I decide if I want to Grind for it OR if I was RICH pay for it?

I'm still not keen on having to pay for damage in a "Training" Room.

Click Exit. Makes your tank explode, but you don't pay for credits. PixelRage made a video of it.

Edited by IgniteTheFire, 19 May 2016 - 06:37 PM.

crpl_hicks #16 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

View PostIgniteTheFire, on 19 May 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Click Exit. Makes your tank explode, but you don't pay for credits. PixelRage made a video of it.

Really?  I will have to give that a try.  Is this a "bug"?

Thanks

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

1Chimera #17 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27237 battles
  • [LACK]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 19 May 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

+1 for this.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

Oralflame #18 Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18545 battles
  • [_TRAP]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 19 May 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Really?  I will have to give that a try.  Is this a "bug"?

Thanks

It isn't really a bug, per say. They added the no-cost exit game function.

Think of it this way: you can be afk the entire game in a solo TR and take no dmg/cost. If you suicide off a cliff, battle ends, but you take full cost of repairs. So they added the ability to cut the battle short for any reason (usually because of trying things out that don't take 7 minutes or because they have to go leave). When you exit, you won't see it but anyone else will: your tank explodes. Now, there is a reason for it. If you just left the battle room and went back to the TR page, you can't use your vehicle. It's still in battle. So you just went afk, and as everyone knows, you are still alive as an afk. So you still have to wait until the timer runs out and your tank comes back. When your tank explodes, you're done. Just like in a Random Battle and you're looking from the POV of your teammates, you can exit right then and there. So you are dead, battle has ended, AND you're in the Garage. But didn't you explode? Isn't that like a suicide button, and you have to pay for the cost? Well, they added it that if you die by exit, you don't pay for any costs at all. That includes any damage you may have taken while in the battle. THAT part is a problem they never covered (or if they did, I don't see the reason for it). It is in their benefit for your battle/TR to be over ASAP. Less server load = less server lag (and energy costs) = happier playerbase.

tankboss41 #19 Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24329 battles
  • [MFW]
Im gonna fight the wars for General Chat! Bring back Global chat ! 

Si vis pacem para bellum

Venemy #20 Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 15454 battles
  • [MAHOU]
It's amazing how many people don't understand this is a joke thread. How thick headed are you people?

what's the point of living if you're just going to be miserable?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users