Im A bit tipsy

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

WhiskeyCyclone #21 Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]
Well, T-43 and KV-13 earn quite well, but compared to the T-43, the KV-13 and Type-59 leave me wanting that blistering ROF. So I'll likely pick up the Rudy just for that reason. I don't expect to make a pile of credits, but I don't think I'll lose credits in it, aside from the occasional circumstance where prammo gets loose. Bottom line, it's a fun factor premium tank. WG dangles the carrot once again...

Keep it old school. 

mehliveat #22 Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostZip_Zip, on 20 May 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

No one is forcing anyone to buy it. If you don't see the point, don't buy it. As a consumer if you want WG to have premium tanks with a specific purpose answer by not buying the ones that don't. If the market doesn't support tanks like the Rudy then WG will stop making them.

It may be worth considering  that everyone has different reason for doing things. Don't assume everyone buys things or does things with the same motivations.

For instance I'm a collector of things, always have been, always will be. Comics, coins, cameras and now pixel tanks. I enjoy a variety and variance in the tanks I play. So for me its worth getting the Rudy because I'll have yet another tank in my garage that looks a little different and plays a little different. 

I have my reasons, if your reasons don't jive with the Rudy, don't get it. Simple. 

Wow.  No need to get so defensive.

You compared it to Fury, and I pointed out the dramatic differences between the Fury and when it was released, and now as Rudy is released.  Its not a 1:1 comparsion.

If you want to collect them all fair enough, but there is really no other point beside having it in your garage.

mehliveat #23 Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 20 May 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

Well, T-43 and KV-13 earn quite well, but compared to the T-43, the KV-13 and Type-59 leave me wanting that blistering ROF. So I'll likely pick up the Rudy just for that reason. I don't expect to make a pile of credits, but I don't think I'll lose credits in it, aside from the occasional circumstance where prammo gets loose. Bottom line, it's a fun factor premium tank. WG dangles the carrot once again...

If you want a blistering ROF, then wait for the T23.  Even if they nerf the pre-release/beta ROF by 25%, it will still be on par with the Comet.

https://www.instagra...n-by=blitz_news

https://www.instagra...n-by=blitz_news

You can also take a look at the current 2.9 game files if you want confirmation.

Edited by mehliveat, 19 May 2016 - 11:31 PM.

Ausf_G #24 Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 54613 battles
  • [ALIAS]
I just made a ton of credits by switching to AFK and hoping my team wins
https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Ausf_G

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

Zip_Zip #25 Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43386 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postmehliveat, on 19 May 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Wow.  No need to get so defensive.

You compared it to Fury, and I pointed out the dramatic differences between the Fury and when it was released, and now as Rudy is released.  Its not a 1:1 comparsion.

If you want to collect them all fair enough, but there is really no other point beside having it in your garage.

You're quite right I appologize, just getting tired of the constant whining. Used to love poping into the forums but now all people seem to do is complain.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

__Mr_mexican__187 #26 Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19173 battles

View PostZip_Zip, on 19 May 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

No one is forcing anyone to buy it. If you don't see the point, don't buy it. As a consumer if you want WG to have premium tanks with a specific purpose answer by not buying the ones that don't. If the market doesn't support tanks like the Rudy then WG will stop making them.

It may be worth considering  that everyone has different reason for doing things. Don't assume everyone buys things or does things with the same motivations.

For instance I'm a collector of things, always have been, always will be. Comics, coins, cameras and now pixel tanks. I enjoy a variety and variance in the tanks I play. So for me its worth getting the Rudy because I'll have yet another tank in my garage that looks a little different and plays a little different. 

I have my reasons, if your reasons don't jive with the Rudy, don't get it. Simple. 

Same here! I started a year ago and I just a like collecting things. Although I missed out on some of the tanks they sold. Hearing that a lot of people will not buy it makes it better because there will be few of them out there which just means I will have another rare tank! :)

__Mr_mexican__187 #27 Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19173 battles

Same here! I started a year ago and I just a like collecting things. Although I missed out on some of the tanks they sold. Hearing that a lot of people will not buy it makes it better because there will be few of them out there which just means I will have another rare tank! :)

Ksftwe #28 Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostTexaninSteelTown, on 19 May 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Alexbuildit had 4 games in a row with 50k coins or more with premium account.

That's nothing. The T34 can make that on a standard account. The Löwe can make that on a standard account, on a loss. I've made upwards of 60k in Tier 10s before. 

I'm the consumer. I have a right to give constructive criticism and question the actions of the producer. The kid who can't hit a T-ball from 2 feet away isn't going to get any better by always being told he's awesome.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

ChitFromChinola #29 Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62674 battles
  • [-1]

The Rudy looks like a fun tank, so people will buy it.

When you look at the low credit earning of this tank combined with the recent changes in economics, WG continues to erode our ability to earn credits without buying gold. No more Victory- or Lowe-class credit earners being introduced, just mediocre earners like this tank and the (*yawn*) Pz Tie.

Still, if it's a fun tank, people will buy it.

Its_shakes #30 Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27532 battles
  • [LGND]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 19 May 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

When you look at the low credit earning of this tank combined with the recent changes in economics, WG continues to erode our ability to earn credits without buying gold. No more Victory- or Lowe-class credit earners being introduced, just mediocre earners like this tank and the (*yawn*) Pz Tie.

While I would love to agree with that, IS3D is the combo breaker there. 

mehliveat #31 Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostChitFromChinola, on 20 May 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don't think any one is saying Rudy won't be fun.  But it will just be as fun as T-34-85 or a T-43 depending on how you look at it.  Since it's essentially a T-43 that looks like a 34-85.

So it doesn't really offer anything new in terms of play style or tactics.

Then it doesn't really offer credits either.

The only thing it offers is a new skin and that's pretty much it.  This might be acceptable when the game first came out.  But now?  There are so many options, and we already have the Bromwell and T23 already in the game files.

The value proposition is just pretty poor with the Rudy.

Personally, as an owner of Victory, I was looking forward to the Rudy.  But then came the +1-1 which removed the MM handicap with Victory thus improving it's credit potential.  Now they have given Rudy a marginal earning potential in an environment with additional expenses of provisions and training rooms.   An environment where credit earning is becoming more and more important for a premium.

Just don't think it's worth it for the skin.

Edited by mehliveat, 20 May 2016 - 04:39 AM.

Str8UpJack #32 Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [III-P]

^ that is my concern with possibly purchasing the RUDY.. for them to put right in the news post not to expect high credit earnings...well isn't that the point of buying a premium tank in the first place?  I guess they saw so much negative thrown at the Type 59 after they said something along the lines of it craps credits out the tail pipe.. at least they are being more honest now in their news blurbs. 

The game is more expensive to play so the importance of a premium that earns high for good games is more important than ever. 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Ksftwe #33 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostStr8UpJack, on 19 May 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

^ that is my concern with possibly purchasing the RUDY.. for them to put right in the news post not to expect high credit earnings...well isn't that the point of buying a premium tank in the first place?  I guess they saw so much negative thrown at the Type 59 after they said something along the lines of it craps credits out the tail pipe.. at least they are being more honest now in their news blurbs. 

The game is more expensive to play so the importance of a premium that earns high for good games is more important than ever. 

Exactly my point. With the introduction of provisions, then the arrival of training rooms (absolutely no complaints about the latter, of course), the cost to simply play this game on the level of everybody else is leaving a gaping hole in my wallet next to my college tuition. WG would do better to add more, not less, tanks with high profitability.

View PostZip_Zip, on 19 May 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

You're quite right I appologize, just getting tired of the constant whining. Used to love poping into the forums but now all people seem to do is complain.

Yeah, maybe it's because WG has been going downhill for a while now. There's a reason why the complaint rate you're talking about is going up.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

olddatsunfan #34 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
  • [-CFR-]
If I am going to purchase the tank it had better earn more credits than the regular vehicle that is comparable.  Given that earning credits is more difficult under the new circumstances that we have that is what would make me puchase this.  Having said that, it's around the same price as the PM10 which given most accounts under the new match maker is not competitive any longer.  So bearing that in mind, it seems to be more competitive than the PM10 so you should earn around as many credits as driving the PM10 on average I would think.
QO6Y0A8.gif

aaronchan10 #35 Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12237 battles
  • [501DV]

Excellent credit-earning potential or not, I'm not buying anything until WG fixes the lag and does something about the effects of +1/-1. Period.

And yes, I agree with the OP that if the earning potential is low, then there is literally no reason to buy it.

American: M48 Patton, T32 | German: E100, Ru 251 | Russian: Obj. 140, T-54, KV-4, IS-3 | British: Comet | Japanese: Chi-Nu

Premiums: Lowe, IS-6, T34, Panther/M10, Type 62, Cromwell B, T2 Light, M3 Light, T7 Car, Tetrarch, Pz. B2, Tankenstein

My Stats // forever a proponent of +2/-2 matchmaking

gffcom #36 Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37927 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostWhaleSmacker, on 19 May 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Can't think of a better explanation.

I think the game is going even more pay to win. Theres your better explanation.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

mehliveat #37 Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View Postaaronchan10, on 20 May 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Excellent credit-earning potential or not, I'm not buying anything until WG fixes the lag and does something about the effects of +1/-1. Period.

Yep, everything else aside.  There is no point in paying for a game that you can't play.

Spekulatius #38 Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32625 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostZip_Zip, on 19 May 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

Who is whining now?

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/52354-rudy-great-but/

That said, I think this is a good tank, based on the reports so far, just not a good earner and the price is fair for a Tier 7 medium. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Edited by Spekulatius, 20 May 2016 - 11:16 AM.

Community pledge signer

tankboss41 #39 Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24329 battles
  • [MFW]
Rudy looks like a cool tank i like it, they are pretty easy to kill but dont get in their line of fire cuz they dish out high dmg per min! I hope they are still for sale on june 3 cuz ill buy one!

Si vis pacem para bellum

Ksftwe #40 Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostSpekulatius, on 20 May 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

Who is whining now?

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/52354-rudy-great-but/

That said, I think this is a good tank, based on the reports so far, just not a good earner and the price is fair for a Tier 7 medium. I am sure you will enjoy it.

I think my initial question got muddled in this discussion, but I wanted to know its exact credit potential. Can I credit grind in it? Can it still actually make some money per game, so I don't have to worry about going bankrupt? Or will my wallet be drained from playing it?

My concern was that if it's the third scenario, there is literally no point in getting it. There are other tanks that are probably just as good, but won't make me go broke.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users