Alexbuildit battle of Kohima goahl Nomonhan Hostorical Battles Episode 2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

alexbuildit #1 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17479 battles
  • [501ST]

Hey tankers! Welcome to episode 2 of Historical Tank Battles. So, I learned a bit from last one. High tiers = less players, full teams of 7 are not necessary if point values are balanced historically accurately. This should lead to easier setting up of teams. Also, not enough players or teams signed up or were sufficiently organized for the last historical battle, due to some of the reasons listed above, so I am going to try to run this "casually". Just submit a team, and from the list you can organize battles between the waiting lists. With these new changes, hopefully this concept will take off better than the last one did. 

So, welcome to the new and improved battles. Instead of full 7 player teams, some lists have only 4-5 higher tier tanks or if manpower is available, full on 7 lower tier tanks. 

Background: Japan is invading Russia, picking up speed and taking territory... The soviets have lost several sequential conflicts, and are getting more serious about the invading threat. The Soviets amassed a large amount of light and heav prototype tanks and infantry, and begin to dig in for a defensive maneuver. "The Battles of Khalkhyn Gol (MongolianХалхын голын дайнJapaneseノモンハン事件Japanese Romaji Nomon-Han JikenRussianбои на реке Халхин-ГолChinese诺门坎事件pinyinNuò mén kǎn shìjiàn) were the decisive engagements of the undeclared Soviet–Japanese border conflicts fought among the Soviet UnionMongolia and the Empire of Japan in 1939. The conflict was named after the river Khalkhyn Gol, which passes through the battlefield. In Japan, the decisive battle of the conflict is known as the Nomonhan Incident (ノモンハン事件 Nomonhan jiken?)after a nearby village on the border between Mongolia and Manchuria. The battles resulted in the defeat of the Japanese Sixth Army." - https://en.m.wikiped...of_Khalkhin_Gol

Special Rules:

Draws go to Russians, Russians may not capture the base. 

Japanese Forces, Two Army Choices 

Light Sensha Platoon - 16 Tier Points 

2x Type 97 Chi-Ha

5x Type 95 Ha-Go

This force boasts mobility and decent firepower, best recommended for teams that can get seven players together. 

Medium Sensha Platoon - 15 Tier Points 

5x Type 97 Chi-Ha 

This force is easier to assemble a team for, it only takes 5 players.

If and when we receive the Tankette  I-Go, I'll add a army option that includes them.

Soviet Forces, Three Army Choices 

Forward Element Battalion - 15 Tier Points 

4x T-26 

1x T-28

1x BT-7

This army is perfect for a full 7 player team, balancing speed and support from a higher tiered vehicle. 

BT Batallion - 15 Tier Points 

3x BT-2 

3x BT-7

Who doesn't like BT tanks? They are renowned for their speed and agility, but not so much their armor...Only takes 6 players to field. 

T-28 Platoon - 16 Tier Points 

4x T-28

Smallest army to date, Gathering four players shouldn't be an issue, and this tank is cheap to buy and load out. 

If if we ever get the heavy multi-turreted T-35, I'll add a list that includes these tanks. 

Sample entry form looks like this:

Team? Light Sensha Platoon

Players? (Seven to ten names, three extra names are for in case of no shows)

Tentative dates available? This Saturday, 10-11 AM EST (etc)

Communication platform? Teamspeak, discord (etc.)

Soviet waiting list:

Japanese waiting list: 

Youtube Channel: ALEXBUILDIT PRODUCTIONS

Leader of the 501st, Pm for details.  

Ausf_G #2 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41154 battles
  • [11TH]
Sounds like fun

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

IgniteTheFire #3 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8287 battles
The BT-7 is easily my favorite tank mentioned. I'd be willing to help out if anyone wants to make a team with BT-7 involved. :)

Turd___Ferguson #4 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [38SUX]

View PostIgniteTheFire, on 23 May 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

The BT-7 is easily my favorite tank mentioned. I'd be willing to help out if anyone wants to make a team with BT-7 involved. :)

If you see me on feel free to add me. I haven't had a lot of time recently, but I'm pretty good in my BT7 and medicore in my BT2, but could be a good way to fix my stats in that tank.

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

GodzilIa #5 Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8324 battles
  • [501RV]
Put me on BT team

Сука блядь Rush B LTTB MASTER RACE GANK ALL HEAVY IDIOTS

Lephturn #6 Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 19024 battles
  • [III-S]

I think you need to post in General and point people here.

When you get time let's get an interview for Tank Boom! and pump this one a bit.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

IgniteTheFire #7 Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8287 battles
Bump

DeathWatchKT #8 Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7548 battles
  • [MRKVM]
I'll join you in a BT-7 Fire. 

Rev_ianc_bell #9 Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25736 battles
  • [PRD]

Hey Alex. I super-love this idea and I'm sad I missed previous portions but between work and household obligations (reno, and of course it's summer now so the garden is rather demanding as well), hosting regular tabletop game nights and leading a clan in Clan Wars I - I've kind of got my hands full.

That being said, I hope I can get into this event(s) soon. Keep at em and eventually I'll try to pull some of my clanmates in. Just gotta get settled down.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users