Tortoise bounced shots no penetration tierIX gun tier9 gun tier 9 gun

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

allstar9031 #1 Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

I don't know if this is specific to the 2.9 update, as I did not have the tier 9 gun for my Tortoise prior to the update. I'd like to know if anyone else is having, or has had the current issue I am having with the OQF20-pdr gun. It is supposed to have 258mm of penetration with APCR rounds, and it penetrates armor around 100mm only about 50% of the time. 

Now, before anybody starts to blame me for that, and not consider that their may be a programming or development flaw, I'd like to point out that I am well aware of the 30 gun dispersion at 100m making the gun rather innacurate for distance shots. If you take a peek at my service record, I have rather high average accuracy, and I have posessed most of the platforms avalible on blitz over the last 2 years. So I am familiar with accurate guns, and innacurate guns. . . But this is not the case with this particular gun. I'm convinced that their is some sort of error on the programming/development side, and I would like to see a show of hands from people that are experiencing this, and agree with me. I would also like for WG staff to look into this issue. 

Be brave, not stupid. Accept responsibility, don't blame others for your errors :child: 

MyFifthReroll #2 Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10135 battles
  • [TISM]
R-N-G

allstar9031 #3 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

View PostUnreliable_Unicum, on 27 May 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

R-N-G

sorry buddy, I'm not an avid forium poster, and I do not know what "R-N-G" stands for. Can you please explain? 

Nevermind. I looked the acronym up. So.. I do understand a little bit about how RNG plays a role in blitz/video games, but the frequency of these bounces is too high. Obviously WG has the ability to retard or accelerate, and in this case, I firmly believe that a retard is in order. 

Edited by allstar9031, 28 May 2016 - 02:06 AM.

Be brave, not stupid. Accept responsibility, don't blame others for your errors :child: 

MyFifthReroll #4 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10135 battles
  • [TISM]

View Postallstar9031, on 27 May 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

sorry buddy, I'm not an avid forium poster, and I do not know what "R-N-G" stands for. Can you please explain? 

Random Number Generator. Basically, how the game determines anything that you would consider random, such as how much damage will you do, will you roll below average or above average? Will you pen that tank that you have your sights on? Will you hit that tank across the map? Etc.

Edited by Unreliable_Unicum, 28 May 2016 - 02:06 AM.

allstar9031 #5 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

View PostUnreliable_Unicum, on 27 May 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Random Number Generator. Basically, how the game determines anything that you would consider random, such as how much damage will you do, will you roll below average or above average? Will you pen that tank that you have your sights on? Will you hit that tank across the map? Etc.

I have to laugh at my self a little, for not knowing the term RNG, because I'm often trying to explain to other players the reason behind them "racking" or being racked.. Or why their shot bounced and the other guys didn't etc. . . Trainable Crew Skills plays a bigger part in this game than most people realize. It took me quite a while after they were introduced, to really grasp the importance of them and their role in RNG.. 

So, RNG it is. But, what is your opinion on this specific gun? Have you used it, and if so, how did it preform for you? 

_Tenshi #6 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postallstar9031, on 27 May 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I have to laugh at my self a little, for not knowing the term RNG, because I'm often trying to explain to other players the reason behind them "racking" or being racked.. Or why their shot bounced and the other guys didn't etc. . . Trainable Crew Skills plays a bigger part in this game than most people realize. It took me quite a while after they were introduced, to really grasp the importance of them and their role in RNG.. 

So, RNG it is. But, what is your opinion on this specific gun? Have you used it, and if so, how did it preform for you? 

Last time I checked, the gun you mentioned is my favorite gun on a tier 8 medium tank. Accurate, quick firing, and high-pen; the pen was never an issue for me really. I even carried on using it on my 7/1 for a while.

- Stats? Don't be lazy and take a look see here! -

GhostSoIdier954 #7 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31062 battles
  • [WEAK]
APCR has massive drops in penetration over distance. Also APCR doesn't doesn't deal with angled armor the best. Angled armor increases the effectiveness of the armor by a massive amount.

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

Ausf_G #8 Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49726 battles
  • [11TH]
Go in TR and test your theory with several tanks with that thickness armor if you need assistance PM me in game ill use some of my tanks

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

allstar9031 #9 Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

View Post_Tenshi, on 27 May 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Last time I checked, the gun you mentioned is my favorite gun on a tier 8 medium tank. Accurate, quick firing, and high-pen; the pen was never an issue for me really. I even carried on using it on my 7/1 for a while.

You are correct. I have seen great action with this gun when mounted on the British mediums.. I was just doing some quick math, and since I'm grinding this TD with no gold, and no premium time, my crew skill is only at 80%. I realized that even with the vent fan, and +13% rations, I'm still not operationg at 100% crew skill. So MAYBE the RNG factor is hard at work here. . . . It just still blows my mind at the ammount of no pen shots, regardless. I've never encountered this many failures with such a dramatic pen value vs armor thickness. . 

Thanks for your feedback! 

allstar9031 #10 Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

View PostMorphmanMVP, on 27 May 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

APCR has massive drops in penetration over distance. Also APCR doesn't doesn't deal with angled armor the best. Angled armor increases the effectiveness of the armor by a massive amount.

I wasn't aware of the drastic pen drop over distance with APCR, that is something new to me, and I will defiantly be aware of that from now on. As for the angle of the armor, I'm well aware of the signifigance of that. I have like 4,000 battles in my IS6, and a great record with it. It has paper thin armor, but those awesome angles use to keep the bullets dripping off my tank like water off a ducks back. But, the standard AP round still has plenty of pen value vs armor thickness of the tanks I'm bouncing off.. But, like I said in my previous response, it must be the RNG factor in relation to my current crew skill level. . . 

Thanks for the response! 

allstar9031 #11 Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [SENSE]

View PostAusf_G, on 27 May 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

Go in TR and test your theory with several tanks with that thickness armor if you need assistance PM me in game ill use some of my tanks

That's a great idea. Regardless of my current RNG factor, I'd still like to try that. It will at least ease my mind in one direction or the other. 

Thanks for your reply! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users