Platoon and friends lists are a mess / strange lag issues where tanks don't respond

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Str8UpJack #1 Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

The lists showing those available to platoon is all screwed up.  I players I know are online but they don't show up as such.  Clicking on their name will still let me platoon with them, even though they are listed as offline.  The only way I know they are on though is because we are on TS3 together, otherwise I would never know.  

There are also multiple reports between friends I play with that we are all experience odd lag between the thumb controls for moving your tank and the tank responding.  Pings are good and no other problems seem to be present that would be associated with a high ping spike.  It's sporadic and might happen for a minute, and entire match or over multiple matches.  

I sent in a report to CS on the latter issue and they want me to take all sorts of screen shots and other info which amounts to a bunch of work on my part.. I'm just going to hope it's server based issues and they will sort it all out.  

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

naktl #2 Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18714 battles

Yes, this makes the community aspect of the game pretty hard.  I like to have an selectable option in games where I can elect to be visible or not, but I don't like the game just bugging out and removing all such optionality.  Plus it seems to be random and changing.  Some people some of the time.

When it is bugging out its impossible to find platoon mates unless you have other means outside of the game.  That should be considered a pretty big problem by the developers of a multi-player game and I hope the WG crew priorities a fix for this.

Unitater #3 Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles
Yeah, i have seen my friends on TS, but they show offline. I don't know why its happening. Please almighty devs, please release the fix patch for all this soon!

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

Str8UpJack #4 Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

Everyone that has seen this issue on a daily basis should send in a report.  I don't know where the devs are located but from the response I got from a ticket, it sounds like they don't know much about this issue.  

I don't have a single person on my list that has not said they have seen this problem.

Block Quote

Richard Cruz Yesterday at 23:27
Dear Player,

Thanks for contacting WGNA support.

We kindly request that you provide us with a screenshot of an online contact displayed as ‘Offline.’
If possible, please also PM them and have them verify that they are online in the screenshot.
This information will help us investigate the issue further and understand what may be causing this issue.

We await your reply.
Best Regards,
Richard Cruz
Wargaming America Support 
You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/ 
Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.
Str8UpJack Today at 04:45
I will do this but I can tell you with 110% certainty this is going on with everyone. There are several posts on the forums about this. I have also been on TS3 with clan mates that I knew were online and playing but we're showing up as offline on the list.  

mmohaupt #5 Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11857 battles
  • [III-R]

Any comment about the thumb control? I have ran into that a few times.

~M

Str8UpJack #6 Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]
No. They are aware of the friends list issues and working on it.  My issues with the thumb controller have ceased. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users