Your opinion on removing clan members

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Never_Forget_ #1 Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15068 battles
  • [DIRE]

So first off I am aware I am a new player with a new clan. My personal stats are not impressive compared to a lot of clan leads. However I am always looking to improve my gameplay as well as my clans gameplay. 

I alloweed some new members into the clan (newer then me sub 1,000 games) and their gameplay is sub par. Looking back I should not have allowed such newbie players into the clan. I platooned with a couple and imo their gameplay is not what I would like representing my clan. With that in mind i came up with a few options for the three members.

1. Is flat out removing them from the clan a bad idea?

2. Should I post new standards in the description and give them a message to reapply when met?

3. Leave them in the clan and give a time frame to meet the requirements.

With that in mind what do veteran tankers and clan leads suggest. Thanks in advance for the advice and replies.

_DragonKRIEG #2 Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 28184 battles
  • [-VEX-]
I suggest to give them that time frame to meet the requirements, as they may get good later on. Most people (like me, Armzilla49, and tanner10_sniper) started out as total noobs with no experience in this type of game whatsoever.

Gib_Savages #3 Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles

Set realistic requirements and maybe give them some goals? Not just winrate but educational. Make sure they read up on some stuff in the beginner/new player area. Set up a training room and run a few basic tactics. Have a Q&A time.

You can't expect everyone to be good right away but if they are willing to learn then you have good guys.

FlammeumDraco333 #4 Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]
I started out as a noob as well. I think I hovered around 45% WR for around 2-3k battles before I decided to "git gud". Give them some time and teach them. They could become valuable assets later.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

Ausf_G #5 Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48476 battles
  • [11TH]

Honestly get rid of them. Heres why: DECENT PLAYERS; you're not going to get any when they see the make up of your clan. I have fairly decent players no we not purp but everyone in my clan is above 50 except maybe 2 which are pretty much right there. I get new players every few weeks that are within my clans range.  I raerly recruit, only when i see a decent player on a solo.If i had some terrible wr players making up my clan i wouldn't get the decent players i have.

Wanna be rich? Surround yourself with rich folks. Wanna have a good clan? Surround your clan with good clan memebers. Its tuff to boot but you have to do it some times. I boot non active memebers. If they're more then 60 days (which is generous) inactive they gone. If they fall below 48% which i rarely keep anyone who is 48% if they dont pick it up in a month they're gone. Its tuff but most of the really good clans are even more strict. 

Edited by Ausf_G, 02 June 2016 - 06:11 AM.

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

_Meta #6 Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19443 battles
  • [SRT-]
If they met the initial standards you set it's hard to just kick them now. If you want to set new standards that's your choice, but give them a chance to met them. Be a leader and help them and you'll have their loyalty going forward. If they cannot improve to that level then you are within your duties as commander to remove them. 

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

tlouie #7 Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]
Is your roster full?  Is keeping these subpar players preventing you from adding better players?

You can propose a rule where if the roster is full, then the bottom player according to some measure is kicked out:

Win rate
Avg Dmg
Days since last battle
Etc...

furicle #8 Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 45985 battles
  • [SPUDX]

What does 'their game play not represent the clan' mean?

With that in mind, a couple of things I'd note

• how can the represent the clan in their game play if they weren't informed what they needed to do when they signed up?  Tell them what you want and give them a chance to fix it.
  • your stats are in the bottom third of your clan in many categories.  If it's stats that matter, then perhaps you should first be the change you wish to see.  Mote in thy own eye etc etc
  • while not everything in life is 'fair', a three strikes system is probably a lot more appropriate than 'OFF WITH THEIR HEADS'.  How are you going to attract quality players if word gets around people get booted without warning?

Edited by furicle, 22 June 2016 - 07:19 PM.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Never_Forget_ #9 Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15068 battles
  • [DIRE]

I thought this topic died, thanks for all the input fellow tankers.

And I agree with you furicle, as stated in my opening post I am a new player having just started this year and my stats are not impressive. I am working on it and appreciate the 30 day stats to set a parameter on my improvement. 

And as for "gameplay representing the clan" it refers to repeated yolos or just not having any clear grasp on the game. This was seen during platoons with my clan. Also wobstars is obviously a great way to see how their gameplay is as well. 

As as for now we are going to grow together as we have been. Thanks again for the advice. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users