Starting a clan.

Clan

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BlackDogD #1 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 21274 battles

I was just curious about what steps established clan leads go through when setting up a clan. How arduous is the recruitment process? What's the probability of setting up a successful clan now, this far in when there already a 1000 clans out there? Any input will be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Life sucks, get a helmet.

SapFireMC #2 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7652 battles
  • [PZC_X]

View PostBlackDogD, on 05 June 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

I was just curious about what steps established clan leads go through when setting up a clan. How arduous is the recruitment process? What's the probability of setting up a successful clan now, this far in when there already a 1000 clans out there? Any input will be appreciated. 

Thanks!

The hardest part is to have people in your clan. The only way you can make the clan popular is pure luck.

Tanks I have: M103, KV-1S, KV-4, Hetzer, BT-2, KV-1

"How to" Series: Sidescraping,Shells

Three60Mafia #3 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13079 battles
  • [FLOOP]
Depends on your dedication and what you are trying to do with the clan.

Most junk clans just auto-recruit everyone with certain range of WR... but that doesn't mean the clan will be strong.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

MyFifthReroll #4 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10115 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 05 June 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Most junk clans just auto-recruit everyone with certain range of WR... but that doesn't mean the clan will be strong.

_LOONA #5 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 11094 battles
  • [SRT]

Hey welcome to the forums!

When setting up a new clan the first think is to think whether you want the clan to be more stat obsessed (e.x. 50% wr to join) or just a clan where people can get together and have some fun. The majority of blitz players tend to stay with a clan that is just more for fun. Tbh, setting up a stat requirement clan at this point on is quite difficult in terms of recruiting a lot of people. Those who want a statistically good clan are most likely already in one. One major error that many clan leaders make is they expect the clan to suddenly fill within a week or two but that is not the case. Its more like a you tube account, it starts slow gaining only a few followers per month but then after let say 3 months the followers just suddenly sky rocket up to maybe 3k per week.

If you want a stat requirement clan the best thing to do is find a good range for WR% maybe you can do 50% wr is the minimum to join our clan. If you want it to be even more stat obsessed then go into stat websites such as wotbstars.com where you must have a star 1 of at least 1.0 or something.

Once you have created a clan some players do this which is quite annoying but it does help advertise your clan is right before the battle starts or when the battle is almost over , send a quick message talking about recruitment.

Hopefully this can help a bit!

BlackDogD #6 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:47 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 21274 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 05 June 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yea, that's not what I want. I was in a clan like that. I was thinking like 1100 avg dmg minimum and a 5000 total battles minimum. WR I think isn't a fair estimate of a players capability considering the teams one gets in random battles (if anyone dis-agrees, please tell me why not). I certainly don't want a "filler" clan if I decide to make one. 

BlackDogD #7 Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 21274 battles

View PostP_I_N_K, on 05 June 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Hey welcome to the forums!

When setting up a new clan the first think is to think whether you want the clan to be more stat obsessed (e.x. 50% wr to join) or just a clan where people can get together and have some fun. The majority of blitz players tend to stay with a clan that is just more for fun. Tbh, setting up a stat requirement clan at this point on is quite difficult in terms of recruiting a lot of people. Those who want a statistically good clan are most likely already in one. One major error that many clan leaders make is they expect the clan to suddenly fill within a week or two but that is not the case. Its more like a you tube account, it starts slow gaining only a few followers per month but then after let say 3 months the followers just suddenly sky rocket up to maybe 3k per week.

If you want a stat requirement clan the best thing to do is find a good range for WR% maybe you can do 50% wr is the minimum to join our clan. If you want it to be even more stat obsessed then go into stat websites such as wotbstars.com where you must have a star 1 of at least 1.0 or something.

Once you have created a clan some players do this which is quite annoying but it does help advertise your clan is right before the battle starts or when the battle is almost over , send a quick message talking about recruitment.

Hopefully this can help a bit!

Thanks for the reply.

i don't know how to reply to specifics of what you said, but that bit about getting relatively skilled players to join being hard is exactly what I was worried about, since everybody with a modicum of skill is probably already in a clan. Being a million credit investment, I don't want to start a fail clan with 48%ers. 

Three60Mafia #8 Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13079 battles
  • [FLOOP]

The best clans started as word of mouth. See someone you like on the battlefield, start tooning, then ask them if they'd be interested in brand new clan.

Suddenly, there's two of you on the look out for good peeps.

And so forth.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

Chavalitos_De_Guerra #9 Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Banned
  • 11538 battles
  • [NCPD]
Free iTunes gift card give away

My YouTube Channel

Favorite Tanks: Obj.140Kenny Otsu - IS-6

Most Hated Tanks: Doom Turtle - Death Star - Type 59

Morphman_ #10 Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29777 battles
  • [WEAK]

View Post_ly, on 05 June 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Free iTunes gift card give away

Free warchests too!

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

LAPPELduvide #11 Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostMorphmanMVP, on 05 June 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

Free warchests too!

Even that wasn't enough to retain players lol :hiding:

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

reluctanttheist #12 Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:23 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24443 battles
  • [III-H]
You can be specific in who you're trying to recruit.  Many clans have a theme that brings them together.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

BlackDogD #13 Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 21274 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 05 June 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

You can be specific in who you're trying to recruit.  Many clans have a theme that brings them together.

yea I was thinking maybe a Led zeppelin themed clan lol but that'll be a challenge of its own.

thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm gonna pass on making one.

Also tagged with Clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users