• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 132 battles
  • [WGA]

Tankers!

Do you have a cool story about your experiences with Blitz? Would you like 250 gold? The task is simple, write a couple paragraphs about what Blitz means to you. Why do you play? What made you start? Please keep it between at least 150 and 200 words max. Less than 150 words and more than 200 will not qualify.

2 Rules:

1: Negative posts will not qualify for this activity. We want fun and cool stories.

2: This is not a place to bring up your grievances about the game. This is only to write up about the topic at hand.

EVERYONE who participates will receive 250 gold.

This contest will run until Monday June 20th at 0900 Pacific time.

LoweExpectations #2 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

So I used to play PC War Thunder (Darn it bet I lost 250 gold right there) and World of Tanks. Was one of the best pilots and in the best clan of War Thunder, respected German pilot. Then computer conked out . So then I got a Nexus 9 because I hate Apple..... and played Blitz. Started out as a 70%er but then went extremely nooby and dropped to 48% because PC is not Blitz. Met the forums... was a weeb for a short amount of time then was cured. Had a rough time in real life so then became a troll here.... then realized I was a troll and worked around to change that and make good posts. 

Blitz has opened up a whole new world for me. Since I have no real life friends and in the summers I stand lonely, I wanted to join a clan. So I joined Titan. Soon I became a well known player in there and met a bunch of gaming friends who are super chill and are also skrubs. Now my days are not as lonely because of Blitz. Also I want a Grille 15 to grill scrubs in. 199 Words.

Edited by LoweExpectations, 15 June 2016 - 03:41 PM.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

TexaninSteelTown #3 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

Kaiser of the Prussian States of Africa

• Players
  • 11635 battles
  • [11TH]
I was at my friend's house for a sleepover, and him and his brother played a game called World of Tanks.  Fast forward time, and I was bored playing my games, so I downloaded World of Tanks. I was a noob that other noobs pointed out. I was so noobish that I grinded all lines at once!

Edited by TexaninSteelTown, 21 June 2016 - 03:58 PM.

C8bBIbj.png

Chipthed0g #4 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

3 de Asada Con Todo

• Players
  • 44893 battles
  • [III-S]

By that time I won a Ipad mini 1st gen in my job (like 3 years ago) Start my first steps into mobile games with decent graphics. Found a tank game with modern tanks...forgot the name...played for a few months....and then one day the suggestions came up with Blitz! I never look back a again. I start playing and yoloing around like a silly potato, soloing for months, then venturing in the General Chat where i meet some randoms to platoon with...until someone mentioned this forum...

Blitz? is the ONLY game in my tablet aside the silly robots one that i can't get on with. I play a lot (Not like Britb) but lots because I found the game amusing. I started playing free and now I am certified Wallet Warrior. The game provides me with endless hours of fun as I couldn't find a better one.

I am thankful for the last 3 years of super-duper gaming experience as today, the only thing that will use in my spare time besides Blitz would be a WW2 documentary with recently declassified footage.

Good job WG for a great gaming platform.

Edited by Chipthed0g, 10 June 2016 - 08:19 PM.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...9hueM6u.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...M6u.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>

3.8 is BOHICA.  Spare parts/equipment ripoff victim. Honor system resistance member. 

hatedfate #5 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Reality continues to ruin my life.

• Players
  • 16655 battles
  • [PRAMO]
hi!

PinDadNW #6 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33756 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I'll write something heartfelt and meaningful here, too. Later.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

Lulu___ #7 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26254 battles

View Post_V3NOM_, on 10 June 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Do we just post it here?

About to ask the same thing and I'm reserving my place

[<o>]

Finally Unicorn!

DysfunctionalDiversion #8 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

I throw games so you don't have to carry.

• Players
  • 12757 battles
  • [MAHOU]

I've always been a guy who's tastes were hard to please. Very hard. Every week, I'd cycle though the App Store's recommended game section, and pick out a few games that I'd like or which ever looked the most appetizing. 

Around the time of summer's end, 2014, I looked on the the App Store's new selections, and there it was. World of Tanks Blitz.

I'm not much of a shooter person, but the game didn't say it was a first person shooter. After looking at the trailer, I decided it really was a good concept, so I downloaded it.

I must say, even though I didn't know how to play it, it was an absolute joy to play.  Back in the times where there wasn't any British tanks, or Japanese mediums, it was just pick and choose something to drive. 

I received immense enjoyment from this game, found myself a great community, and viola - a great game.

And that in itself is a win.

Edited by DysfunctionalDiversion, 11 June 2016 - 10:03 PM.

"I try too hard... to not try at all."

__AIM9INBOUND__ #9 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3921 battles
  • [SPUD]

Well, I've always liked military hardware. That's planes, guns, ships, but especially tanks. I always wanted to play World of Tanks but our PC couldn't run it. I saw Blitz when I first got my iPad and I was ecstatic. I played a lot and really knew practically nothing about the game for a while (like much of the playerbase), but then I found the forums and became a regular forumer. The community overall is really great, there are a lot of good people here on the forums.

I remember coming home every day from school, tearing through my homework to get a chance to play Blitz. I'm a very competitive person, so there is always a drive to be the best and being the best comes with practice! My first clan was pretty solid, for a pubbie clan. I actually made a lot of friends there. But the really fun part for me started when SPUD let me in. Now I got to interact, on a regular basis, with a whole bunch of players who were actually a lot better than I was. I've had so much fun and built relationships I wouldn't have otherwise. That's the importance of Blitz to me.

Edited by __AIM9INBOUND__, 10 June 2016 - 08:29 PM.

this is a signature

RH_131 #10 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 27039 battles
  • [PURPL]

Back in 2013 I saw a tv add for Wot PC, and it looked interesting so I figured why not. Played it for about a month, grinded my way up to the Churchill 1 before I had to quit. The game gave my computer [edited]tons of viruses so it became unplayable. After a year, I was watching TV again, and this time I saw an add for Blitz. I had recently won a brand new IPad Mini from my school so I downloaded it and started playing. Unlike my PC experience, this time I actually had a goal. The 1 tank I feared and respected the most was the Tiger, and so like 90% of the new players I immediately went to get my godlike impenetrable German machine. And like 90% of the new players I quickly discovered it wasn't impervious to rounds, quite the opposite actually. Anyway I kept grinding and eventually by early summer 2015 I had an E-100. Today I'm proud to say I have 4 out of 5 German tier Xs and am quickly closing in on the Leopard. As well as numerous Tier 9 and 8 tanks that will soon be upgraded. The one thing I always liked about Blitz is that it really captures what people want in a F2P game. No add spam, no energy bars that you need to wait before you can play again, and a truly original take on a mobile game, unlike the 50+ clash of clans rip offs. If that isn't 150 words then maybe this sentence should put it over.

Edited by RH_131, 14 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.

Tanks I need to buy: T110E4, M46 Patton, Obj 704, Caernarvon, Leopard, Centurion 7/1
Tanks I own: M103, T95, M3 Light, T7 Car, KV-4, IS-7, Rhm Borsig, and Tortoise 
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Jg. Pz. E-100, Luchs, Maus, Jagdtiger 88, Leopard 1, Obj 140, IS-3D, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, T-54, Kuro, Chi Ri, Su 100M1, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY!!!!!!
          I now have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy disappointment press the subscribe button

Dany_901 #11 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19885 battles
  • [AZUL]

What does Blitz mean for me?

Blitz is my way to have fun when I'm home and have free time after doing my chores and my school stuff. It's also a strange way to learn some history about tanks which is one of my favorite topics, just because when I enjoy a particular tank I instantly start to research about it history and characteristics specially the way it was created, the wars it fought (it it apply) etc. I started playing WoT PC and I clearly remember me amazed about how many tanks were availble to research and purchase, the game itself it's very interesting, quite complex for someone who only knows the Tiger I was one of the best tanks of WWII, so I definitively liked the game but crearly I was looking for a "decaffeinated" of the game. Then I found Blitz by a recommendation from App Store, I played a few battles and noticed I found the perfect mobile game for me, even if at that moment I was a noob, i eventually grew up and even now I keep doing it. Also Blitz means a way to improve my (english) speaking, since it not my main language.

Edited by Dany_901, 20 June 2016 - 11:04 PM.

crazychimp69 #12 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 23865 battles
  • [IRD]

Hi, so waaaay back in the day, I was doing those "download apps for points to exchange them for gift cards". One of the games happened to be World of Tanks Blitz. So I downloaded it and didn't really think much about it. I deleted the game and moved on. But I kept seeing the name pop up. So I decided to download it again and started play. I got my first tier 5 tank (M4) and immediately got hooked. Then I discovered the forums and immediately got connected with the community. I got massive helps from the community and become part of that community. I opened up my first YouTube channel and started uploading videos and here I am today.

The game has sparked my interest in history which I never really got to expressed before. I started looking up tanks and reading about them. On TV every time I see I tank, I could identify it. I become sort of a mini tank historian. So I want to say, THANK YOU to the community and developers for making this game what it is today. 

Wolfpack355

NikoPower #13 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 132 battles
  • [WGA]

Reserving spots isn't required. :)

You post your submission right in here.

YourTypicalNoob #14 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10288 battles
  • [-7-]

Well this all started in Jan, 2012. I was on my old laptop, watching youtube videos. I saw a ad for wot PC. I didn't want to try it, but it was free so why the hell not! I downloaded it and at the time, the T34 was the American IX heavy, and the T30 was the tier X heavy. So like every other person, I wanted to get to the higher tiers. I think I got to the T29 before I got bored and stopped playing.

Fast foward around late 2013, PC had changed alot. I kept grinding different lines and couldnt choose one. I still have my trusty T29 in my garage since 2012. but, my computer was getting old and really couldn't handle wot anymore. Stopped playing again.

May 2015- I remember looking in the app store for games, and saw this app called "World of Tanks Blitz" under best updates. I downloaded it on my iPhone. I didn't realize that I couldnt take my tanks from pc and get them into blitz. So I had to start from tier 1 again :/ In the begining, I rushed so hard to the cent 1. Which explains my 40% wr in it. Why dont you bring it up you might ask? I want it to serve as a reminder that if I rush up a tier, those will be my stats. I remember finally breaking 50% wr after about 3000 battes which I was really happy about. After that, I became a good and aware player. I no longer rush up tiers. Taking the time to learn each tank. I care about my stats and tried as hard as I could in each battle. I got my first tier X, the FV4202. Which I sold after about 150 games because it SUCKS! I got to the obj140 in the Russian line which is a great tank. 

What does blitz mean to me?

It means a whole bunch of emotions. Through throwing my phone across the room, to laughing my a$$ off while driving a KV2. They are all mixed.

Libereco #15 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19271 battles
Dudes

CrimsonMG #16 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9279 battles
To me, Blitz embodies how good a mobile game can be. I heard of the PC version before, but my computer couldn't really handle it as it was super weak. I got lucky when I saw App Spy's announcement video that WoT is coming to mobile and got really excited, I played it pretty much since release and it was everything that other mobile games weren't. It wasn't a game with all of it's content locked behind a endless timers like Clash of Clans, no everything was pretty much accessible as long as you're up for the grind. It also wasn't some cheap product, but was very high quality in terms of the graphics, interface, and the dev's engagement with the player-base. Another thing that was really attractive about Blitz is the sense of community, especially here on the forums where we can discuss strategies or just mess around in company of fellow tankers. All in all, it was the "end all be all" mobile game to me. It had both great gameplay, great in-game economy, and a dev team that listens to the community.

Edited by CrimsonMG, 15 June 2016 - 02:57 PM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #17 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 39013 battles
  • [III-S]

Blitz is my preferred form of entertainment.  I grew up being fascinated by tanks, and invested countless hours building plastic models of them as a child and teenager.  I even wanted to be a real-life tanker, but my height was above the limit. 

I played video games as a child and teenager.  I lost interest in them as an adult.  I knew about WOT PC, but the investment of time at a fixed seating location was of no interest to me.  I learned about WOT Blitz and the convenience of it from a tablet or smartphone platform, and I was immediately interested.  2 years and 26,000 battles later, and Blitz is what I do for entertainment.  It is more dynamic than chess (with less time per game), and far more engaging than those games against computer players.  It has also become a common interest which has forged new friendships with other players. 

I work, I rest, I parent, I teach.  And when I want to play, I Blitz.

Rev_ianc_bell #18 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21545 battles
  • [PRD]

Please note: I'm Canadian so I use the Queen's English. Those are not spelling mistakes. My 194-word entry is below:

When I first saw an advertisment for Blitz I thought it was the first mobile game that would give me what I really wanted, and I was right. I love models and tactical wargaming and the game brings both to my fingertips in a portable, easily storeable way while also tickling my historical, war-buff fancy. I love that I get to play with prototype and concept vehicles as well as important historical vehicles all from a critical time period where modern, combined-arms warfare was being developed and realised. The additional customisation of modules, camouflage and equipment means I can make my garage truly personal.

Beyond this I have found a community of like-minded friends and strangers with whom I can chat and also bring the game to a whole new level of teamwork and competitive play as well as join up to run fun experiments and games in both training rooms and public battles. I love that I don't always have to devote a lot of time to the game if it's not practical. I can have time to play a quick match on my coffee breaks at work and it's a great de-stressor.

Edited by Rev_ianc_bell, 10 June 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

King_Zacarias #19 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12145 battles

Blitz means testing your mind, and relaxing. I reccently got my KV2 and laugh while hitting people for 500+. Every tank cl[edited]can be fun. It tests your intelligence and your hand eye coordination greatly. I joined Blitz because my Brother was invited to the closed beta but never played it because we never nad a suitable computer. When I found blitz I loved it immeadiatly. Now I play many computer and mobile games thanks to Blitz. 

This is one of the most devleoped games on the app store. Not that many games have this level graphics and gameplay. Its unmatched. Your reactions and situational awarness must be top notch to play this game. It teaches you many things. Good job devleopment team.

Theres your couple of paragraphs. Couple=2. I better get that 250 gold. 

Edited by King_Zacarias, 13 June 2016 - 06:54 PM.

Pledge Signer 

"The Truth Hurts" - My Mom 2005

I like Butterflies

The root of all problems are other people

1Joetom #20 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29076 battles
  • [IRD]

I started a long time back, almost 2 years ago, with the day marking 2 years of blitz coming up in 2 weeks. It was summer break, and I got bored of sitting around. I started out being a noob player, just driving forwards and shooting. My first battle, I drove around a bit, and then this wierdly shaped, gray blob destroyed me in seconds. It was a lot of fun driving around, and making friends here and there. 

When the IS-4 line came out, I began to start looking up guides for various tanks. Eventually, I found the forums and lurked for a while. I began looking up various tanks on wikipedia for historical reasons, another reason why I kept playing the game. I found a great group of tankers to hang out with, the Iron Dragoons.

I started getting good at the game, actually really good. I began to enjoy the challenges of driving different tanks, and tanks that I previously thought sucked (M46 Patton, IS-8, Ferdinand) I managed to figure out how to play. It has been a great journey so far, and hopefully it wil get even better in the future

Thanks for reading, and good luck out there on the battlefield!

Edited by 1Joetom, 10 June 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Tier 9s and 10s: T110E5, T30, E75, T-54, Centurion 7/1, STB-1, M48 Patton, T110E3, IS-7, IS-4, Obj 140, Obj 263, FV215b, FV215b (183)

Evidence I don't suck: http://wotbstars.com/?usr=1joetom&geo=NA&lng=eng

Commander of IRH Retired from Blitz

Like our amazing signature? Join IRH today and get it for free! PM me for more information. Check out our amazing website here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users