What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

slayer_____ #101 Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40500 battles
  • [ATA2D]

Almost 2 years ago I was watchimg tv using my ipad4 to research something that I just watched. I was bored with my iPad at that point. I began looking for some games to play, stumbled across World of Tanks Blitz in the App Store.  I looked over the app, read the reviews and downloaded it. From the first battle to 21,000+, I haven't stopped since, even consider Blitz a hobby. 

I play the game daily, I've never been a gamer, my last game system was a Sega Genesis. For some reason, this game has kept me interested, okay addicted! It's like none other that I've played before. The graphics and game mechanics are like no other I've experienced before. I found the forums late and really do enjoy them. There is so much useful information and knowledge here. 

I've met and made many friends from the game, even attended two get togethers in Charlotte with some of them. It's been a good two years of entertainment, thank you War Gaming. 

Edited by slayer2261, 12 June 2016 - 02:38 AM.

texasaggie0004 #102 Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11562 battles
  • [DD214]

I heard about the game first from a friend who was playing it when I went to visit.  Having trained on tanks in the army, though being assigned to an Airborne Scout unit, I jumped on the opportunity to play and downloaded.  He scoffed at me and implied it would take me forever to catch up to where he was…he was tier 5 after all.  A couple weeks later when I’d gotten to that tier, he had quit playing.  But here I am, still going on.  It’s really the only game I play, easy to burn time and requires some thought to deal with constantly changing situations.  Definitely worth the frustrating moments when your team falls apart to be on the flipside when your team pulls off just the perfect decisive kill leading to the collapse of the other team.  I recommend this game to my friends if they are ever looking for an easy and portable time killer.

Nimda_ #103 Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12630 battles

Well I initially started playing this because I no longer had my pc to play wot pc, until that point I hadn't even known blitz existed, when I first found it I was like "holy crap! World of tanks with me everywhere I go! Maybe I can finish what I started on pc and acquire an IS-7!" I was initially devastated that I couldn't continue my progress, but I kept playing. It's a really addicting game with many unique tanks and it has everything going for it. I now have access to my pc but I've become hooked on blitz, I even got an IS-7! I was so proud to see my very first tier X and to show it off to everyone grinding tier IXs. Ever since then I've been playing premium tanks and now I adore the Type 62. I love this game, I love the new tactics I can use with the touchscreen, and I love the community. I honestly love spending some money on this game and I will continue to play and do so for years to come!

Bobthebob5 #104 Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26669 battles
  • [DFNT]

My brother won an iPad 4 long time ago. And he gave it to me. Now I didn't know of many games to play and one day I see a cool little tank game in the AppStore. Now for some reason I waited I think it was a day or 2 and then I got the game. At first site I was like DAAAAAAAAM. This game is the stuff. And I've played it ever since. 

Its a source of comfort, companionship, and personality. I recall playing for barely any time, and already I Finnaly found the land called the forums. And I heard something called a clan. Now this was way way way  way before any type of actual clan was made in game. And I remember being apart of Brothers In Arms(Which is now called Defiant) and I remember feeling a purpose in life, I remember feeling better about myself, and I've met many peope, in game, that I am glad to say I'm glad I've met you guys. And chatted on teamspeak and platooned with you. If it wasn't for this community, I don't know what I would have done to myself. Thx for being there and being amazing. 

Proud tank destroyer commander of the clan Defiant

"You can't break the untouchable, and you can't touch the unbreakable"-Bob

KempBushThe3rd #105 Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 17446 battles
  • [SEAL]

I started the game in 2014, a few months after it came out. My brother found the game from my friend, and begged me to play it. I said “No, my iPad is cluttered enough. I don't need an extra game.” After two months, however, I finally gave in. I downloaded the game, and immediately got hooked to it.

“I miss the old tutorial,” said no one ever.

Like most new players, I wanted to rush to tier X. But my way was by not upgrading modules and only upgraded those necessary for the next tank (which means I drove a Hetzer with 5.8hp/t. It was fun, I tell ya). But then I won't get the next tier tank without researching all tanks of that tier. Interesting way of rushing up tiers, no?

I started to get a grasp of this game at tier 6. I love this game, because it makes you feel so accomplished when you abuse game mechanics. I want to thank the community for helping me get here, and WG for making this game as enjoyable as possible.

Ptank2012 #106 Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Never Tell Me the Odds

• Players
  • 15906 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I started playing Blitz due to my best friend introducing me to WoT PC and not having a PC to play on. So once I heard there was a mobile version coming out, I was estatic except my tablet was an Amazon and Blitz wasn't one that system yet. Skip ahead a year and 3 tablets later, I finally started playing the game regularly, learning how to actually play the game at tier 4. 

This game for me, is an area of both learning and recreation. Learning about the history of the tanks, history behind specific tanks and the men who drove them, and the conflicts the tanks were in was something I enjoyed. Recreation by playing the game, watching videos, and talking on the forums. 

This along with the great quality of the game had me hooked the moment I pressed battle. Yeah there's been some ups and downs but they're always fixed and probably won't appear again. Over all, I've been here since 2014 and I'll keep on playing till my tablet implodes or the zombie apocalypse goes down. ( Even then, you'll probably have some server in Russia up for us to play on as the world ends)

Favorite tanks: E-75, Cromwell, Nashorn, KV-2, SU-152 and the Shinob

Lines currently grinding: AMX 50B, Obj. 268, E50, T110E5, & JagdPanzer E-00

Completed lines: STB-1, E-100

AnathsHairy3rdLeg #107 Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36547 battles
  • [WEAK]

I began to play interesting games on my iPhone, but the ads were annoying. And you can guess which one of those ads was. At first I thought it was a scam, but after the 300th of seeing the ad, I said screw, scam or not I will download it. It wasn’t a scam. So I began to play. From an instant my phone heated up and died quickly so I decided to switch to the iPad. That device was more stable. Once into the game, I went straight to the Soviet med and heavy lines, because I used to climb on and ride around on the iconic tanks in those lines. It is a little sad not seeing the T-64 in the game but whatever. The T-34/85, as it was my favorite tank became even more solidified as I went around crushing everyone in it. Some say that we start out as noobs but my WR was never below 55%. I knew about the forums but I was too lazy to use them, which is why I don’t have 6k posts. After breaking my iphone and selling my ipad, I began to play on the Win10 version.

Word Count: 199. Ran out of room, too lazy to edit. Have fun.

#bananath

End the reign of this tyrant

SapFireMC #108 Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7699 battles
I started when I discovered World of Tanks PC. I've seen this cool MMO game on YouTube called "World of Tanks". I have a nice interest in tanks and I decided to check it out. I signed up and downloaded the game. Sadly, the game file was too big at the time and the graphics were too big to handle even at lowest resolution. So I abandoned the game until I found out about Blitz. I first played Blitz in my home for a few days, and I got to say, I LOVED IT. The thing I did the most was look at the tech tree, and I decided to do British cruiser lane first. I got to crusader in only 100 battles, but then I got bored of it seeing how long it would take to get to tier 6. I noticed that the Hetzer is OP, so I went down that lane. I loved the Hetzer, and went to the Stug III. And I loved it even more, and I got the JgPz IV! I went all the way to the jpanther before going further. My story carries on from that point on. Thanks for supporting me!

Edited by SapFireMC, 12 June 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Tanks I have: M103, KV-1S, KV-4, Hetzer, BT-2, KV-1

"How to" Series: Sidescraping,Shells

___DEAN #109 Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

~=(C/A=|Republic=~

• Players
  • 27137 battles
  • [DD-VP]

I have never spent money on 'Fremium' games, until there was Blitz. It is such a fun and well made game that what I bought was always worth the money, and the hours of entertainment and thousands of battles under my belt have made me a big fan and supporter. The player and developer community is continually adapting and improving, and the constant additions and interactions create a fresh and exciting environment.

The game is designed in such a way that player can choose their depth of immersion, from a few random battles in waiting rooms, all the way to clan involvement, tournaments, and historical reenactments. I enjoy the plethora of options, customization and variety, as well as the community and clan social aspects so much that I have become well involved.
     World of Tanks Blitz offers me the unique opportunity to experience and engage in historical aspects of tank warfare, combined with post war tanks that never met, as well as giving life to concepts and prototypes in a unique gameplay. The real-time combat is refined to such a degree that split second reactions, strategic use of different tanks as well as a real battlefield awareness create such an awesome experience.

Edited by ___DEAN, 12 June 2016 - 04:32 PM.

Tanks:

yall_KNOW_me #110 Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20450 battles
Growing up I was always an avid gamer and the original Nintendo was my first introduction to gaming. Much later on, my father started building computers and I was privileged to have half a dozen high end gaming computers that were all networked together for epic gaming sessions with friends. 
In my adulthood, and with all the responsibilities that accompany being an adult, I had less and less time to game. Nonetheless, the itch to immerse myself in a pixel world never faded away completely.  
Enter Blitz. I had always been intrigued by WOT but didn't have a platform to enjoy it, so when I stumbled upon Blitz in the App Store, to say I was excited was an understatement. I was instantly hooked. 
Being able to play during breaks at work, my daughters naps, and after everyone goes to bed makes up my game time. Blitz offers a little salvation from a high pressure lifestyle and gives me a little escape to disconnect from the stresses of real life. 
Thank you WG for a great game and for rekindling a hobby I enjoyed so much in my younger years. 

Edited by cneo84, 12 June 2016 - 04:27 PM.

w9G9dtj.gif

tcamp48 #111 Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 76261 battles
  • [III-S]

Finding WOT Blitz for me, was the right game at the right time. I’m an old school  gamer, (Nintendo 64, Xbox 360 etc…and nothing mobile was really catching my interest. I looked high and low and nothing met my expectations, i.e. too cute, poor game play, terrible graphics etc……then, there was Blitz. The historical aspect was there, the realism in graphics was there, the tech and game support was there and the endless battles that were always different was perfect. Variety is the spice of games as well as life and Blitz takes the cake. I loved being able to choose from 3 different nations and four different types of tanks. I was playing constantly, more than my wife could work her cutesy little farm. The only thing that made it better, was the forums. This was awesome. All kinds of people into the same game talking about all kinds of things. Willing to help and critique. Loved it. …and the cherry on top of the sundae? Meeting up with my brethren in Clan Triarii. It’s been two years and is only getting better. Thank you WG!

Edited by tcamp48, 12 June 2016 - 06:06 PM.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

dragontreat #112 Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6583 battles

On the second day Blitz came out, i saw it on the app store while scrolling through the games. I had just quit Clash of Clans due to it being a repetitive grind fest. When i started Blitz there were only 3 nations, and i made the awful choice of going down the German line. I yolo rushed my way towards the tier 10s, which was a conquest that ended at the vk 30.02m. It was at the vk 30.02 m that was when i gave up on the german turreted tank line. So then i thought, let's get the jg pz e100, it's got a huge gun! I actually did pretty well in my tank destroyers, all until the jg pz IV. I gave up on Germans in general after that. And i took a one year break from blitz.

I only started play again recently with the addition of the GuP tanks, for they were grinds that i actually wanted to undertake.

Recently i reached my 4000th game, and only because of the GuP tank grinds, especially the kuro, forcing me to play 3 hours a day for 8 days in a row.

"A good planviolently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." -George S. Patton

Battles: 5142, Personal rating: 1416 866 wn8, 48% 30 day WR Average Tier: 2.3 (Purple for unicum tier) Hit Ratio: 51.68% 

Tanks in garage: Leichtrakktor, Ms-1, T1 Cunningham, Renault FT, Renault Otsu, Medium 1 (best tank),   t7 combat car, is-6
My anime list!!!  www.supercartoons.net/character/12-1/wile-e-coyote.html, www.cartoonnetworkasia.com/show/tom-and-jerry

But for serious, real stats: http://www.blitzstar...com/dragontreat

BigSmoker1965 #113 Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45933 battles
I play Blitz because I am a competitor by nature and I love to win.  I found this game when another game I was playing began to crumble.  It was similar in nature so I decided to give Blitz a try.  After a few weeks of breaking the muscle memory I had from the previous game I begin to move up the tiers and enjoy the power of the heavy tanks and the speed of the mediums.  Nothing is more satisfying than using a heavy to advance the teams position with power and armor.  On the flip side the first time you "circle of death" a heavy or tank destroyer to give your team an advantage is a glorious feeling.  Blitz keeps adding new maps and tank lines to keep me interested.  I also like the fact we are given opportunities to win free premium tanks.  Many other Blitz contests have also been a blast to participate in. Training rooms have also opened up an entirely new dimension to the game which I like very much.  

Edited by BigSmoker1965, 12 June 2016 - 08:56 PM.

nanolite #114 Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

Seal Clubber

• Players
  • 19284 battles
I was bored, so I decided to look for a random game on the app store. World of Tanks Blitz was an option, and I decided to try it out. I had recently been addicted to Tanki Online, another tank game, so I thought that trying this game out wouldn't hurt. One of my best friends also played it, so that motivated me to try to grind to where he was in the game.  I liked playing and grinding the lines, although it was a bit of a challenge without a premium account. Why do I still play? Because I am a competitive person and I play to try to become better. I like aiming for number one on world of tanks blitz stars, and it is a goal I constantly strive for. I also always compare my stats with stats of people better than me, and try to become as good as them.

Detecting Salt Level of OP . . .

Salt Level: 200%

Immediate Attention Required

KickingNinja #115 Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10217 battles
  • [RUSE]

I started to play blitz back in 2014. I just got an IPad mini for my birthday and I saw a WOT commercial on TV, but I didn't have a PC and I didn't want to go out and but a brand new PC just for WOT. So I opted for the cheaper way to play WOT, I just got the blitz version. I am really into tanks and I just wanted something fun to play on my ipad. I was a complete noob on the game up until 2k battles. Then I found the forums and I got a lot better. WoT blitz has been a great experience for me and I hope to keep playing it for a good long time. I hope I will learn and not be a noob for much longer. The forums have helped greatly, but platooning with fellow tankers have help the most. glad that clans are in the game. Thanks for a lot 501st RV!

Edited by KickingNinja, 13 June 2016 - 01:05 AM.

__Bolt #116 Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11594 battles
  • [SRT]

I started playing Blitz after I saw my friend playing it. When I started I didnt know much about the game, and I mistakenly went up the American Medium line first cause I am well... American. It was a real pain and I sucked hard until I finally pulled myself up after getting the M46 Patton. I began to do very well in the tank even though I had rushed the tiers before it. I then started down the Russian medium line and got to the Object 140.

So what is blitz to me? I am not a very competitive person, just a person that enjoys playing this game and genuinely wants to get better. Whether it is getting mad about a losing streak (like this weekend) or laughing like crazy on teamspeak after me and my toon mate pull a clutch game, I always have fun and that's what matters. To me Blitz is a source of pure fun and enjoyment. 

Catainium #117 Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10835 battles
  • [MNLX]

Well I originally started playing Blitz after I found out there was world of tanks for mobile. You see I used to be an artillery player on World of Tanks PC but I was not good enough to really get past tier III. After I started Blitz i enjoy the ease of moving up the tiers and feel like the grind is pretty good unlike PC.  

The reason I keep playing Blitz is mainly because I like my clan-mates and like telling them about the tanks they play (The real versions).  I took a long break until training rooms came out which I enjoy playing in. I may not be a good player but I am good enough to enjoy platoons with my clan-mates (yes I play random battles occasionally). 

Blitz is one of the only games I play (one, I do play others) and is surely the one I play most. Despite having an interest in real tanks myself I still play this fun tank game.

Currently the leader of Midnight Lynx [MNLX] the one clan that is better than yours.

Winrate: 53%
Favorite tank: M18 Hellcat 
I am a supporter of Artillery and everything else this forum hates

Awesomeforwardguy1 #118 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10810 battles
  • [IRH]

One day, way back in around 2012, I saw a game called World of Tanks PC. I really wanted to get this game, but I couldn’t. At the time, my computer was only 32 bits, and had crappy specs. Eventually I got a better computer, but I didn’t get WOT PC for other reasons such as school.

A couple years later, in 2014, I saw there was a new game coming called WOT Blitz. So I waited, and waited, and waited. Then, I got the game, finally. From there, I’ve made new friends, killed hours of my time, and had a blast overall.

I started with around a 45% W/R, mainly because the E100 line is somewhat difficult for newbies like me. Eventually, I started to get better. I went up the American T/D line and went above 50% W/R. I helped other people and tried to get the win as much as possible, while having fun trying. Since then, I’ve taken several, month long breaks, but came back each time enjoying it more and more.

Current Tanks in Garage: T95, Ferdinand, Maus, Leopard (Tier 5), Vk2801, T2 Light, Kv2, DW2

Matthew_Park #119 Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

1 vs 13

• Players
  • 35730 battles
  • [LGND]

I play because I have a terrible computer and my phone is literally the only game device i have. I can also carry it anywhere so a quick way to kill time is to play blitz. Its also pretty fun and being able to play with friends is niceeee. I invested so much time into blitz that i cant really stop playing. I started playing blitz by typing in tanks into the app store and heard about wot pc on youtube quite a bit. Got a couple of my friends to start playing, they all quit lol 

Blitz is a decent game, a lot like a rollercoaster ride but in the end I do enjoy it. Its really hard to put the game down but soon i will be able to since im 80k exp away from my last tier10. :)

Blitz means a lot of things to me but simply put its a game that entertains me and frustrates me at the same time. I just want the free gold to make myself feel better about not exploiting the credit glitch...

Gold is pretty nice i guess since its free

Fishy___ #120 Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Mega Scrub

• Players
  • 39148 battles
  • [_STR8]
I came across Blitz when I was looking for tank games on the app store. I always thought tanks were pretty cool in any game I played and I wanted a good mobile game that would satisfy my desire. I had tried a bunch of games before but saw that this game was included on the featured apps page, so I assumed it must be good. I was not wrong, I was hooked by this "deceivingly simple" game. There was so much to learn about each and every tank so as to be effective in them and to effectively take them out. To this day I love the mental challenge random pubs give me since it is effectively a 1v7 and I'm trying to contribute as much as possible to the 'team'.

Edited by HP_FiSH, 13 June 2016 - 07:21 PM.

Big Noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users