What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Tyrel_13 #121 Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17569 battles
I started playing blitz after seeing an add online for the game around the time the movie “Fury” came out. The add piqued my interest, as I had never even heard of the World of Tanks game on PC.  I had been looking for a game like this for my phone after giving up playing xbox because of my frugality. At this point, my iPhone for the most part replaced my computer.  I had gone through many apps on my phone, but nothing had even come close to matching the staying power World of Tanks Blitz has.

Being able to play a competitive game wherever I go while on my phone is a huge plus. Blitz is more than just a game. It is a hobby, a pleasant and fun way to spend some free time. Clans have further added to that experience; being able to talk about the game and share experiences with others had added a sense of camaraderie that I haven’t found in any other gaming community.  Here’s to more fun blowing up tanks! o7

ruggs225 #122 Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31335 battles
  • [SPUDX]

So I was reading a website called Pocket Tactics about different games for the iPad and they were talking about how the new British tanks were released. The site had good things to say about the game so I thought "why not". Downloaded the game and started. Boom! Win the first game. Boom! Won the second, and had some kills. This game is great I thought. Played for another 4 hours. Think I got up to a tier 4 that day. Boy was this fun. Started grinding other lines, got a cool offer of 30 day premium time for 99 cents . Sure why not. Was hooked, and hit the wall at tier v.

What to do? I looked up forums online, and found this magical place. Kept reading, and learning. Kept grinding. Got bored and saw the SPUD signup when clans came out. Thought sure, why not. They seem cool, and the leader seems a little nuts. My type of team I though. Started talking to them, and learned shared and red stories. Found myself the best clan in the game with some great people. Found the forum community to be great and helpful as well. 

Oxbridge #123 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 15865 battles
  • [-CFE-]

I first encountered World of Tanks Blitz when it was made available in the Windows 10 Store. I had played World of Tanks PC before, and I figured why not download it and give it a shot? The first few battles I played proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was going to have a good time playing the game. Its graphics requirements were lower than the PC version and it was of a simpler and elegant design.

Since then, I have encountered a great deal number of people and made a lot of new friends of whom I platoon with on a semi-regular basis. I have been experiencing unemployment for a year and a half, and Blitz has given me something to occupy my time with the added bonus of a positive experience. Blitz has saved me from intense boredom and quite possibly episodes of depression. Which I why at this time I’d like to thank the developers of the game from the bottom of my heart; you have reinvigorated me and sparked a desire for me to become highly skilled at the game and enjoy playing something fun. You have my sincerest gratitude.

Spoiler

_CH3F #124 Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61318 battles
I started playing blitz because I was looking through games on Apple app store and I remember seeing the cool commercial on television about this tank game called Blitz. After checking it out as I usually do with video games I went on YouTube and checked out some videos of gameplay. After watching the video I realized that the game looked pretty incredible. So I decided to download it. I average 40 games per day and if it was up to me it would be 80. I love playing this game so much that I often lose sleep due to staying up too late. I take blitz with me everywhere I go, whether it's playing the game, checking stats, or checking what new tank is coming out for sale(which if you ask me there isn't enough of). With the introduction of clans it has made the game even that much more fun. Now I have a group of friends not just people I platoon with. This game is the best thing since sliced bread.

Ruchir555 #125 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17452 battles
  • [IMPR]

Blitz has been an amazing game ever since it released. I have had the honour of playing since February 2015 till now (and I plan to continue :) ). This game has gone through an immense amount of changes, utmost astounding for a mobile game!! What had really dragged me to WoTB was peer influence, though. In my school, Blitz was (and is) really popular at the time, which led me to see what this fuss was about myself. Boy, what a good decision that was to download Blitz! Ever since that time, I have been an active player, always trying to improve my skills and constantly grinding tanks--and credits. It is a great pleasure to have found such an amazing game to play, which I'm sure will only keep improving. The addition of features such as new tank lines, maps, and training rooms has only made this game more and more unique and appealing to play. 

In terms of it's influence outside the game, Blitz has given me knowledge about many tanks which I had previously never even heard of, and now whenever I see a tank on TV or IRL I can't help but think to classify it (and even in terms of it's tier :trollface:). Thank you so much Wargaming for making this amazing game, I cannot thank you enough. This game is my primary source of entertainment and will continue to be.

P.S: Looking forward to clan wars!

Edited by Ruchir555, 14 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

fehgabriel #126 Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18164 battles
  • [B-OP]

My experience with World Of Tanks Blitz began a year and four months ago, when I was watching videos on YouTube and appeared a suggestion to a video about the game. This caught my attention and so I decided to watch, I enjoyed and I began to see other videos looking for how was the dynamic of the game, I decided to download it and today it is my favorite game. I'm always touting the game for my friends.
The game with time, causes the players to develop motoring skills and vision of the game allowing to able of predicting the movements of the enemy and achieving a good performance during the battle. With the inclusion of the clans and training rooms my experience with the game has improved a lot, so the game does not cloying tip and surprising more and more each day I play.
The clan wars whom happened recently, were able to be make it become much more competitive, forcing players to always be improving the skills and becoming increasingly unpredictable battles.
The game is my favorite and it mets my expectations and it is surprisingly increasing.

fehgabriel[BOPE]

Xavier5A #127 Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25475 battles
  • [CYCLN]

I am a single title kind of gamer, I play one game for a long period of time until I am completely bored of
it, and then I find a new game. At the time I was playing "Top Eleven", a text based soccer manager game, and
then I saw an advertisement for Blitz. I decided to give it a go, date July 16, 2014.

The game got me hooked. When I hit my first wall at tier five, I was challenged to improve. I played with more
thought, and I slowly improved from hovering 50% to a more solid 53%. I found the different tank classes gave
the game great depth while remaining simple to understand. 

Once clans were released, I joined STORM, and found a lot of new battle buddies. My platoon rate skyrocketed,
and my win rate continued to improve. The game found yet another way to hold my interest.

Nearly two years later and I have not looked back. Every battle has something different to offer. Every tank
is completely unique. I have accrued a collection of 146 tanks in my garage, including 37 premium tanks, date
June 14, 2016.

I own 207 tanks. My records at Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • Light Mk. VIC • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • T7 Combat Car • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • T-15 • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • LTP • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • BT-7 artillery • M22 Locust • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Ram II • Panzer IV Anko Special • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Cromwell B • Dicker Max • Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm • Stridsvagn 74A2 • Kuro Mori Mine • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • T23E3 • E 25 • Type 62 • SU-122-44 • IS-2 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • T6 Dracula • FCM 50 t • T26E4 SuperPershing • KV-5 • IS-3 Defender • T-54 first prototype • Löwe • Type 59

Jimothy_ #128 Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

What is this AP you speak of?

• Players
  • 27465 battles

It was because of my positive experiences with World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition that I decided to give World of Tanks Blitz a try when I saw it on the featured page of the App Store one boring summer afternoon two years ago, and I can proudly say that I am still an active player to this day.

I still remember the days when there was friendly fire random battles and the E100 was the most feared tank on the battlefield. I remember winning a Panther/M10 off Alo8ight during the play for keeps event in the fall of 2014, which was my first (and still one of my most beloved) premium tanks, and one of my most memorable moments on the battlefield where I ammo-racked a M103 in a T-150.

I have enjoyed watching this game and and its community grow and develop over the past two years and would like to both thank Wargaming for two great years of entertainment and encourage them to keep up the good work in the future.

Of course I brought HEAT. Don't worry I'm happy to share.

Maplexi #129 Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

152 Shades of Boom

• Players
  • 33104 battles
  • [III-Z]

I began my blitz journey by being a responsible parent.  My son wanted to put a game on his iPad that his school-mates had been playing, so I looked into it.  I downloaded it to my tablet, and ‘had a go’.  Played around with it for a day, and looked fine – wasn’t a GTA with that ‘flavour’ to it, no worries.  It was also something we could play together.  We would compare battles, kills, and yes even number of bases captured.  He showed me how to play, and ultimately this is still used each and every time a new premium enters the store.  “But dad, I taught you this game” he would plead.

Well, his interest in the game has its ebbs and flows, but I have managed to persevere somehow, and continue to learn.  I found the forum here, and ultimately a group of great guys that brought me in under their wing, and had made the game that much more enjoyable. 

Blitz to me is more than a game, it’s a way to bond with family, a way to forge new friendships, and a great way to representationally blow the **** outta enemy tanks.

Sig

RAZOR0133 #130 Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16503 battles
  • [III-C]
Lol, much like Maple I was brought into the game by my son.  He was going through the app store one day and said DAD!!! Can we get this? It looks so cool.  I didn't see any blood so I thought what the hell.  We played it together for a few months when it was first released and then shelved it for quite a while.  I got back into it last year because I love playing video games and the blitz platform enables me to be able to sit and play a couple games relatively quickly while the kids are occupied.  I stumbled into an old friend one night online and he brought me into Triarii.   I have to say the fun factor went way up after that.  I still play the game with my son, but at 8 years old he bounces around a lot on what he plays. Now I look forward to when they go to bed so I can stay up and play with the guys.  I've even branched out into the PC game and boats, but I seem to fall back to this just because it is so quick to get into and get a game going.  Cant wait to see what WG does with the title this year.

mjm68 #131 Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

M.C.R.D grad class of '86

• Players
  • 29011 battles
  • [III-S]
Blitz to me started out as a game a coworker was playing and I heard the in game sounds and was like what are you playing, World Tanks Blitz you  drive a tank.  What let me see that, nice graphics different tanks to play and maps that have keys features to hold and you as cover I'm downloading that now.  I played lots of shooter games on Playstation and PS2 back in the day and have to say this is the first cool game I have played in awhile.  I played my first 8000 or so games on my iphone 5 and did ok I guess for trying to shoot tanks that looked like pencil erasers.  The winter of 2014 I found the forums and Triarii which has been a blessing to meet these older guys love share a love for the game and history it brings with the tanks we even going looking at tanks in real life and share the stories. Blitz has brought new people in life and we share good and bad times together, Happy Hunting and may RNG not troll you often.

Semper Fidelis

sed etiam periculosum veteres

1991Syclone #132 Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41306 battles
  • [TITAN]

Many moons ago, my son and I tried playing WoT on our old PC. Graphics were bad, FPS was low, frustration was high.  It was not meant to be for us on that computer.

Then one day my son comes up to me and says "Hey Dad, look at this!  He was playing WoT Blitz on his iPad.  Horrah!  I was finally able to play the game on a device that didn't lag, had decent graphics and was pretty smooth.  I downloaded the game onto my iPad and my son and I started playing regularly.  

Then I started getting serious.  I purchased a premium account, started purchasing premium tanks, and eventually joined a Clan.  I practiced several hours a night in an effort to better my stats after a poor start where I had no idea what I was doing. Fast forward nearly 2 years, and I've become a decent player.

I have a few tier 10 tanks, a bunch of premiums and met some awesome people.  Blitz allows my son and I to play a video game together and troll the low tiers on occasion!  

Thanks WG!

Mechanized_Yeti #133 Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6297 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

What does Blitz mean to me?  Blitz is a game that keeps on getting more enjoyable the more I play it.  I get to grind lines to earn tanks that I have only seen in pictures before.  Now I get to drive them!  The sounds of the game keep going on in my head even after I stop playing.  And I make friends when I play also.

Also, my dad is the one who got me into the game.  Even though we have to share the same device, we enjoy talking about the game when not playing it.  He says it is developing skills that I can use later on in life.  I think it's a video game and since he likes it too, we can play more often!

Either way, we spend time together talking and playing Blitz.  Sometimes, just looking around the garage is fun enough for us.  And we both think that's kinda cool.  Thank you!

OKAwesome #134 Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23020 battles
  • [III-S]

Back in March 2015, I was looking for ‘serious’ mobile games as I had come to accept I’d never have gaming time like I did back in my twenties, and most if not all my gaming would be done on mobile.  But I was not looking for a Candy Crush or Clash of Clans experience.  I wanted something with depth instead of empty reward systems built around micro transactions.

I bounced around between a few titles, mostly great single player games until my go-to site, PocketTactics.com did a piece on World of Tanks Blitz.  I downloaded it and had fun right away in my first battles.  Early on I found out just how deep the game mechanics went, I started tracking my stats and the hooks sunk deep.

Late last year I started hanging out with Triarii, went through recruitment and it changed the game again, this time layering a fantastic social aspect on top of the gameplay.  At this stage in my tanking experience, I understand what it takes to be great, I know I don’t have that mastery yet but I may get there.  Very few games have that kind of ‘end game’ scenario and this is what keeps me coming back for more.

OKAwesome

anonym_fgjJcN98D0iQ #135 Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Oh, Blitz, don’t be so coy.  You know I love you.  I think you have always known.  Remember when we first met and took that ride in your little tractor?  We visited that rocky field, and we sure did get lost.  We went and parked behind those rocks near the white circle, but we just couldn’t get any privacy.   And I suppose your parents were glad of that.  Eventually we learned where to go and what to do.  I guess we just couldn’t get enough of each other.  And boy did we try all the tanks as fast as we could.  Well, not every tank was comfortable, and some left permanent scars.    But we kept coming back.  We slowed down, we realized that the journey was more important than the destination.  We began to enjoy the intricacies of our favorite tanks.  We oft tried to revisit those uncomfortable tanks until we could understand them a bit better.  We were embellished in colors and stripes and metals.  And we made friends along the way.  We’ve sometimes been bored and have gone our separate ways, but we kept coming back to each other.  In the end, it all comes down to this...

XxRedRaiderxX #136 Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21587 battles

I started playing Blitz shortly after Christmas. I had seen a ton of the commercials for it on TV and I was looking for something that was a little more “hands on”. Clash of Clans and the like were just too slowed paced for me. On top of that Blitz just looks cool. The game play can be intense, the tank selection is proper, and for the most part, the players keep you on your toes.

One other biggie that I appreciate is the people that I’ve met. Most of, if not all, live in the US. But there’s an occasional straggler. In the clan that I’m in now we use LINE. It’s good to put a voice to the screen name, and lot of good advice given by those with more experience.

Lastly, I don’t think I’ve put this much effort watching YouTube vids and write up just too improve on my game. I can totally see why it is such a popular game, it’s addictive. Keep up the good work!

Zip___LuLu #137 Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29138 battles
  • [SPUD]

My descent into Blitz madness began in December 2014 when my son noticed it in the app store and downloaded it. Watching over his shoulder as he drove his BT-2 around the various maps catching air whenever possible I thought to myself this looks fun and easy. I ended up joining 2 months later and quickly discovered Blitz was most definitely fun but not easy. The touchpad controls took quite some time to master since my background was pc gaming using keyboard and mouse. Since my pc was dying a slow death, Blitz on the Ipad quickly took over all my gaming time and then some...much to the consternation of my wife who hates Blitz with a white hot burning passion. Luckily for me I quickly discovered the forums since I find not only the game play itself engaging but also the discussions around the game. What tank is OP? What is a good strategy for Oasis Palms? Why do noobs do what they do? The stat side is also very appealing to me; something that seems to have carried over from the RPG PC games I enjoy. Keep up the good work and I'll keep playing!!!

Runkitty #138 Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24753 battles
  • [III-Z]

I started playing in October of 2014 and quickly began going up as many tank lines as I could manage and spending the time I wasn't tanking on the wiki reading up on all the different tanks. I really enjoyed the pace of the games, as well as the different strategies you need for the tanks.

After putting in about 9k battles and getting my wr to 50% I stumbled upon tankboom and as quickly as I could I put in an application to triarii. The community I've found both there and among other clans has been what has kept me playing for the long haul through bugs and balance issues and terrible losing streaks.  With the help of the forums and my clan I have learned a ton about how to be a better player. I love learning new lines and figuring out their strengths and making, even bad tanks, work for me. The Su-101 line has been a blast and I really want a wz-121.

pacestick68 #139 Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 182 battles

So I started with WOT on the PC.  Then I moved to Xbox 360.  I felt that this game was a non-formulatic shooter that incorporated tactics.  I liked that it was not just a run and gun normal shooter.

I downloaded Blitz the weekend it came out,  I really did not like the Ipad controls and play.  I recently got a new Tablet that has a mouse and keyboard interface and this has changed my experience with the game TOTALLY.

I have been playing about two weeks now again and This is now my favorite go to game.  I often find myself playing it over the console version.  The games are fast paced, fun, and really involve tactics, again as a soldier by profession is something I value in a game.

Best part about this game is that I can play in the gazebo sitting beside my wife and it counts as me spending quality time with her.  So thanks for that.

And finally FIRST POST........YAY

Edited by pacestick68, 16 June 2016 - 05:35 AM.

Guderian5266 #140 Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30507 battles
  • [III-S]

I consider Blitz one of the best games I have enjoyed in ages, for a number of reasons. I started looking around for a fun tank game
to play on my Ipad after being let down by some of the other multi-player games online. My brothers and I have enjoyed learning about military
history and working with tank models since we were young boys. I wanted an immersive, shooter style tactical game where actual combat skills mattered. I also wanted a game with
some realistically modeled tanks from history. Blitz had all of those things and more. 

I also quickly realized that I was not very skilled and did not like the random nature of the public battles. I wanted to learn from others and enjoy discussing
the game with like minded players. Platoons and clans were a great answer to those desires. By hopping on the forum I met all sorts of people, but I quickly gravitated to some really
awesome players, who also happen to be great people. They have really made this game special for me.

Community Pledge Signer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users